For the outcasts

"There's my little Link." Mira shouted out, she suddenly appeared behind Ben and wrapped her arms around him, hugging him. She giggled, with a large smile. "I have a surprised for you." She added, then let go of him and went over to her bag. She lifted a larger bag out and pulled a game console out from it. "I brought this, now you and who ever else can play the Zelda games all you want!"

"Good evening." Sally replied, in her usual quiet voice when Ben appeared. "I suppose the others should be coming soon too. I do hope they're be coming back and I wouldn't mind being able to talk to Jeff more about stories."

Ben hugged Mira chanting thank you over and over again, he loved video games during school, they felt much more fun when not played at home. "I can't wait to play this with you, Sally, Nivek, Lonato, and Jeff!" He pipped happily. He noticed Sally walk in and quickly ran over to hug her.

But hearing her statement about Jeff, Ben looked up sadly "Sally, I saw him run to the bathroom...he seemed really upset and when I tried talking to him he yelled at me." He said sadly "I hope he's okay." He added.

Sally looked at Ben confused, "The bathroom? Upset?" She repeated, "Well, he can't stay in there forever."

Mira laughed happily when Ben was thanking her, but frowned a bit when she heard what was going on. "If he yelled at Ben, it's probably not a good idea for him to go after Jeff. I know it's the guys bathroom, but Sally maybe you should go. He smiled for you yesterday, and you have stuff in common."

Sally was surprised, "I...can go into the guys room, but...I don't want Jeff to be in there alone. Ben what do you think?" She asked.

Ben nods "Yah! You can do it, you'll be like Shiek! Saving Link...I would but me and Jeff don't see eye to eye..." he said softly.

"Are you sure...well...okay." Sally said. She headed for the door again and walked out. She headed towards the guys bathroom to find Jeff. Once she got to it, she paused for a moment, weary to go into the bathroom. But, he needed help. She stepped in. "Jeff?" She said.

Mira smiled as Sally left, then focused back on Link. "Don't worry, I'm sure she'll make him feel better. Their pretty similar in a lot of ways." Mira took a seat down and let out a sigh. "You can set up the video game if you want."

Jeff heard his named called and shook "G-Go away!" He choked, he didn't want anyone to see him break down. He hated this! He wiped at his face to try and rid the tear tracks that littered his face.
_________

Ben nods and begins setting up the console, he couldn't wait to play the games with his friends and he hoped that Sally and Jeff get back soon so he could play with them too.

"Okay! Hey Mira wanna play a game with me while we wait?" He asked happily.

"B-but Jeff...we don't like seeing you upset. Why don't we go to the club?" Sally said, as she noticed him standing there. She looked around, a blush appearing on her light pale skin a bit embarrassed still for being in the bathroom. "I...I heard from Ben that you were here and upset, so I came to come get you and...make you feel better."

Mira looked over at Ben, "Sure, I'll play something with you." She stated to him, giving a large toothy smile towards him as she got up and began to help him set it up. If she was going to play it was only right to help him get it started. "What do you want to play?"

Jeff looked at his shoes and sighed "Ben's always made things known...its nothing major its something I experienced before...needless to say the way I look is from a case of bullying going too far." He said tugging his hood over his head further than it can go.

_____

Ben laughed "Anyone is fine! I can't really choose for I love them all." He admitted "Which one do you want to play?" He asked.

Sally walked closer to him, "I don't think there's anything wrong with the way you look. So what id you have a bit of scars on you, I don't think you should hide yourself because of it. Haven't you seen me, I'm so pale and frail everyone makes fun of me for it. But, there's people who don't think it's strange and that's what I focus on, not the bad and mean people." She placed her hand on his shoulder gently.

Mira started to look through the games, "how about we just pick one randomly?" She said, closing her eyes and picking one up without knowing what it was. She handed it to Ben to put it in, then opened her eyes back up. "I have no idea what I picked." She said, starting to laugh with a large grin. "I hope Jeff and Sally are doing okay."

The new transfer student, Maylin Devon, walked down the halls with her head hung low. Her long, waist length black hair hid her face. She started home school after an incident in the first grade. Her classmates were terrified of her because of her natural glare. They called her the ice queen. They poured green paint all over her and then called her the slime queen after that. She rarely shows any expressions.
Maylin didn't know what to do. Her parents were forcing her to find a club and join it, but she hasn't found anything to her liking. She was about to give up when she stood at the door of a room with voices coming from it. Inside, she heard someone talking about video games.
"video game club?" questioned Maylin to herself. She shook her head lightly. "I've never even played a video game before in my life."

Chi walked down the corridor, and saw a girl standing outside a door with voices coming from the inside. Taking a chance, she glanced up and saw it was a video game club. Hm, right down my street, she thought. Gently, she tapped the girl on the shoulder and indicated for her to move.

Ben laughed at the notion of picking a random game, when he notices two newcomers. He turns to them and smiles "Hi!" the Link clad boy said.

Jeff sniffed, his black eyes lower to the ground, he hates the tight feeling in throat and he looked away.

Mira looked up when she heard Ben say Hi. "Oh, more new people. Man, we're getting a lot these last two days." She said, "Come on in, I have snack and we're playing a game today." She had brought the snacks left over from yesterday, sitting on the table.

Sally stood there with Jeff. "It's okay...trust me." She replied, "You have friends now, and we're worried."

Chi jumped slightly when a strange boy said hi to her. She was not used to people talking to her. In fact, she didn't really talk at all, she thought, well, I guess I'm introverted. She mumbled a quick "Hi" and glanced round the room. A small crowd, but none looked very Japanese, so Chi didn't think any of them would know what her name meant. Of course, it was very hard to tell that she herself was Japanese. She saw a girl go into the boys bathroom outside the door, and laughed silently in her head. She cocked her head at the boy, and wondered what to say without being, well, weird.

"W-w-what's your name?" she stuttered, looking at the ground making it very hard to tell who she was talking at. A girl had told her to come in, making her even more nervous and jumpy. Not good, she thought, don't be nervous! She was about to slap herself when she remembered where she was. She blushed, and wanted to fall through a hole in the ground.

Mira started to laugh when she noticed how shy the girl was, it was like when Sally first showed up. "Hey, I'm Mira...I'm the president of this club." She replied, giving a cheerful bright smile to the girl. "Don't be shy, there's plenty of people here that feel the same way. When Sally gets back she'll admit that she used to be afraid of coming here, but not anymore. So, what about you?"

"I-I'm Chi.." she replied, wary of what the next question was going to be, "I'm 15." What if she asks what my name means.. She thought silently in her head.

"Chi...Chi...that sounds really cute, you know that. Well, Chi...come on in and relax and I hope your friend does too. You're all welcome here, it's what we do." Mira said with still her usual large smile on her face.

Maylin watched what was happening silently. She didn't know whether she should go in or leave quickly. The girl, Chi, walked in. In Maylin's mind, she thought it best to leave, but her feet betrayed her and she walked in. She stoody awkwardly by the door, her face expressionless.

Jeff turns to her and gives a soft smile "I know...I know. And I love you guys for that, I shouldn't dwell on the past." The black haired boy said laughing slightly. He held out his hand and offered it to Sally "You know, when I first saw you...I thought that you were pretty." He murmured embarrassed. He hadn't a clue as to why he had said that but it just slipped out.

Ben smiled greatly "I'm Ben!" The Link clad boy said excitedly as he ran up to the newcomers and hugged them, he knew he should ask first but it was something special about surprise hugs that made him happy and he knew everyone deserved a hug.