FMA Roleplay private

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edward's eyes widened as the cloth was pulled over his mouth. He coughed at the metallic taste the man's blood had left in his mouth and cringed in disgust. He hated doctors but he knew ingesting someone else's blood would force him to get an examination. Maybe he could smudge that out of the report somehow..
All his trivial thoughts suddenly vanished though when he saw the gun. He was at the mercy of these men. He would have to surrender. Clearly they wanted him alive. That was good enough for now.

Young Drachman rebel David Ascalchoff stood outside the cabin of Ivan, holding a pistol in his right hand. The young man looked back at his team for a moment before proceeding. He was quiet when he entered but as soon as he was noticed he made a dash for Ivan pulling the unsuspecting soldier down to the floor. He held the barrel of the gun to the young man's head while stepping on Ivan's back. He waited for his men to bind his hands and gag him so he couldn't protest. This was done almost immediately.

Alphonse was much, much bigger then the other boys so just grabbing this large ''man'' wasn't going to do the attackers any good. Having known Alphonse's size in advance the soldiers devised a plot to take him out....It just didn't work very well.

''Wow, your work is really advanced for...um what are you...?'' Alphonse reacted surprised as the alchemist in training rushed to his suitcase and took out a gas mask, quickly putting it on while gas filled the room.

Of course Alphonse didn't have a nose to breathe in the gas nor the nerves required to even get paralyzed by these means so the captured Edward soon found the soldier flying through the door, right into the room.

''Brother!'' Alphonse yelled as he saw his (not so) big brother lying on the ground like that ''Let him go!''

Ivan had never been a physically strong boy, he was thin, rather short and lacking in muscle so the moment David had him grabbed there wasn't anything he could do as the older soldier proceeded to force him on the ground.

''Urgh!..I-i know it...grr David'' Ivan growled, powerless on the ground ''Nh...argh...W-we both know I could have frozen you solid in a straight fight!'' The young alchemist ''froze'' himself when he saw the other soldiers coming in with rope and a cloth ''Heh...Better hope the shortmetal shortemist fared better then I did'' He remarked bitterly ''But know this David, before this is over I shammmph! mmhh! ngmph!'' Ivan's threats turned into muffled protest as the men restrained him.

Ivan felt annoyed and ashamed to be taken prisoners by what surely were his lessors. What Ivan did not feel was fear for his life as he had a certain fail save should he ever be captured like he was. The rouge general Alexei and Ivan had a history together as well as something vaguely resembled an ''arrangement'' Pawns weren't likely to know of this information, only the order not to kill him.

Ivan was nonetheless in danger from these men, he and Alexei weren't friends nor partners...Ivan still owed the general an answer on that one so the soldiers wouldn't kill him....but that all that was guaranteed.

Edward looked up at his younger brother. He felt a little ashamed. He was suspicious and he still let himself get captured. Hopefully Al wouldn't be taken down too. He looked over to the door of the cabin trying to communicate Al should get out. He wasn't sure if the message got through though. Ivan had probably been taken out by now too. There wasn't much to be done now. He'd simply have to wait it out. There were far to many guards at the moment to attempt escape. Maybe Al could go back for help. Ed's attention quickly strayed to some of the rebel soldiers. It looked like they were preparing to capture Al too. Al needed to get out.

David didn't comment on his old friend's threats. The bindings were statement enough. "You cannot simply abandon Great General Alexei, you know better Ivan." David tutted. "Take him to the military cabin men. We will tighten up security on our prisoners there." David stepped off the back of his old companion before landing a kick in the younger man's side. He grinned at the small noise of discomfort the boy made before his subordinates picked Ivan up off the ground. He quickly made his way down the hall. He peered inside the military cabin. "WHY HAVEN'T WE SUBDUED THE BIG ONE YET!?"

''Urmh! MPHH!'' Ivan yelped as the air got kicked out of his lungs, followed immediately with muffled threats. The men pulled Ivan on his feet and with a pistol in his back forced him to march forward.

''Typical'' Ivan though as he looked into the cabin and saw Edward in the same state he was. He supposed he couldn't really hold it against Edward since he was captured as well but it was still another teammate down. Alphonse however seemed to be made of sturdier stuff then the boys.

Alphonse glanced at the soldiers, then at his brother and back again. There wasn't much he could do to improve the situation without risking putting his brother in the crossfire, if the soldiers wouldn't shoot him outright if Al decided to press the attack. Alphonse was outnumbered and the enemy had hostages, defeating them wasn't possible at this time.

''Brother'' A pained voice came out of the armor ''I-I will come back for you'' Aphonse promised before running to the side and diving out of the window. The soldiers fired shots at the fleeing Alphonse, most of which didn't pierce his armor but to Ivan's shock one of them did manage to pierce it, right through Al's helmet, even more shocking was that Alphonse ran like nothing had happened

''What...is that man'' Ivan thought, completely baffled by what he saw. What kind of man could keep running like that after being shot in the head?

Ed was relieved. Al would take some time to get back anywhere he could take action from but at least his younger brother was safe. Now all he had to worry about was himself. Man what a mess he was in too. He would speak but he couldn't form the words around the cloth covering his mouth. Where in the line of communication did the information about their mission leak? Was it on purpose? Did the Fuher want to be rid of him? Agh there was so much he didn't know making all this speculation useless.

David's mouth gaped as Al jumped head first out of the moving train before shaking his head to clear his shock. "He's dead now. He's clearly dead now.."
He took a few more moments to calm himself before looking over to his prisoners. General Alexei would be proud. "Watch the prisoners until we reach town men then take them to their holding cells. I'll be retiring to my cabin for the remainder of the journey.

The two teenagers were placed back to back in the corner of the military cabin and celebrated their success in the usual drachma style.... heavy drinking!

''Ugh''' An annoyed Ivan rolled his eyes. He felt at home more then a boy his age should in the Drachman army but this was one tradition he could do without, still if it lowered their guard then that was good news for the boys. Could he expect his fellow alchemist to help figuring out an escape plan? Ivan rather doubted it, so far his impression of Edward's intelligence wasn't very positive.

Ivan scanned the room for any source of water. There was of course the heavy alcoholic beverage's but alcohol was harder to freeze, luckily the table next to them had a bottle of water on it. The soldiers had been smart enough to place the glass bottle on a part of the table so it couldn't be brought down easily to provide the prisoners with the sharp glass that could be acquired by breaking it but closer to the ledge was a steel drinking chalice. If Ivan could knock it down the water would be spilled on the floor, Ivan's ice based alchemy was his proudest achievement, with a single touch he could turn every source of water into ice in barely a second and change it back as well should he desire so. Spilled water could easily be turned into a sharp object for him to slice his bond's with.

''ngh...mm..ngh'' Ivan trashed around in his bond's hoping his fingers could reach the floor. For his alchemy to work he needed an alchemist circle, even a shoddy one made by scratching one's fingernails into the wood would do.

Unfortunately Ivan's bound hand's could not reach the floor.

''Hmm!'' Ivan trusted his elbow into Edward's back rather hard ''mmh! cimmmh...cimhl...cim-MPHEL!'' with his voice muffled there wasn't any other way then just repeat trying to say the word ''circle'' time after time after time. Ivan couldn't draw the circle but perhaps Edward could. Transmuting water in practice could be hard but the theory behind the circle was very basic, the circle having to be about water was hopefully made clear by Ivan repeatingly shaking his head to the bottle's direction.

Edward furrowed his brows for a moment trying to work out the word Ivan was trying to say. He shook his head once he understood though. His hands were tied to seperate parts of a bolted down chair. There was no way he was making a alchemic array. If his hands were bound together he might have been able to but at that point but an array would be the last thing on his mind. The situation would have already been taken car of. He could put his hands together and perform no problem. Ed came to a sudden realization then. Ivan was attempting to make a knife to cut his ropes with. He'd already transmuted his arm maybe..

Ed moved his head to indicated Ivan should move towards him. He'd already transmuted his arm. The edge might be sharp enough to cut through the ropes binding Ivan's hands. He looked up. It looked like the soldiers wouldn't be able to put up much of a fight in their condition either. Edward didn't understand drinking to well. Havoc had let him taste some hard liquor once and not only did the stuff taste awful it gave him a stomach ache too. Riza scolded Havoc when she found Ed throwing it up in the co-ed bathrooms. It made people act like total idiots too. There was simply no appeal to it in Ed's mind.

Ivan nodded and carefully moved his bound arms against Edward's until his arms were free once more.

''Stay still...for now'' Ivan tried to say, keeping his arms behind his back and remaining on the floor. The soldiers would drink more and more, switching the balance of power greatly in their favor as the alcohol affected their performance, even more once Alphonse came back. The train wasn't stopping any time soon and the soldiers wouldn't dream of interrupting their party for the work required to interrogate them, that presumely was for the men of wherever they were going. They had their time.

Alponse had already boarded the train once more. He had seen David leave the military cabin to go to his quarters. The armor reasoned taking out the leader would be a good place to start. He silently took out the guards in front of his quarters and kicked the door in, rushing in to destroy the telephone before he could alert the military cabin.

Ed nodded glumly at Ivan. He had no problem playing the waiting game when it meant it increased their chance of sucess. He really didn't want to report this to the Fuher or the Colonel. Mustang wouldn't be happy that he fell into such an obvious trap. However maybe they could play it off like they meant to get trapped. Well no, maybe not. They didn't have nearly enough information for it to make sense to fake being captives. They didn't even know where they were going. They'd have to escape. Then he'd have to convince Ivan not to report on the events. That probably wouldn't work either. He might get caught if Amestrian officials ended up interrogating the wrong rebel.

Ed sighed. The ropes were chafing his flesh hand. He really wanted Ivan to just cut him loose. He could use alchemy to build a wall between them and the soldiers. He was just tired of sitting in his current position. It was really uncomfortable.

Dave looked up startled when the suit of armor rammed through the door of his compartment. He looked to the phone eager to call in back up but seconds later the device was crushed. "I.. I... thought you were dead!" Dave stuttered pointing at Alphonse.

''I will give you one chance'' Alphonse said threateningly ''Give me back my brother and I will allow you to leave'' To strengthen his words the boy activated an alchemy circle to destroy half of the cabin.

Hearing the commotion Ivan guessed their time had came, his hands quickly reached to Edward's bonds, untying the boy so he could fight as well.

''I would have preferred you lot to be at your full senses for my revenge but oh well'' Ivan rapidly drew a circle on the ground that caused a trail of slippery ice to grow towards the soldiers. Ivan used it to slide towards the soldiers and kick then with his very heavy metal leg.
''Ah, thanks'' Ivan grinned as he relieved a soldier from his pistol and shot the group he had just downed. Ivan hadn't even flinched as he ended them right there.

Two soldiers reached for their guns to fire but had become so drunk their hands kept missing their holsters. They really weren't in a condition to properly defend themselves.

Edward rubbed at his wrist for a moment before looking back at the inebriated soldiers. This was going to make his job very easy. Ed clapped his hands together transforming the fabric from some of the seats into rope. He tossed a length of it to Ivan. "Knock 'em out and tie them up. Leave one awake for questioning." Clapping his hands again Edward bent the floorboards causing the Drachman soldiers to trip and fall.

David swallowed. He was outmatched and he knew it. The good general wouldn't be happy but it looked like he didn't have a choice. Without his men for back up he'd have to surrender. Unless he could outsmart the guy. His voice was so young maybe he was naive enough to be tricked. "You don't understand what he'll do to me if I let Fullmetal go!" David said quickly. His voice held a small tremor. It wasn't to hard to fake considering his own lack of security in the situation.

Knock 'em out? Tie them up? Was Ivan detecting a soft spot here? Sure, they needed one of the idiots to interrogate...one, no more so why not leave only a single one alive and kill the rest? Leaving their enemies alive wasn't going to help them ''Very well, I'm very curious where you are going with this fullmetal'' Ivan already had his mind made up though, he would hear the soldiers out, then shoot them.

Alphonse hesitated to strike when he heard David's voice ''I understand you must be scared but that isn't an excuse to terrorize others'' He told the soldier ''Surrender and tell us what your master is planning and we will help you from now on'' The promise was harsh but genuine, Alphonse would love to help this man out if he gave him the chance.

Edward quickly set out to incapacitate the Drachman soldiers only stopping to tie them up after they were all down. "Well that was easy. I should probably call HQ and get these guys sent back to be locked up." Ed looked over at Ivan with a small grin. "Is it normal for you Drachman guys to get drunk stupid while watching your prisoners? If so we should make a habit of getting caught."

"Alright I'll cooperate! I'll give you back your brother." If this big metal bloke could be fooled into letting his guard down then he could get to his men. Hopefully they would still be sober. The damned idiots never were smart enough to foresee something backfire. David put his hands in the air and looked up at Alphonse. "Follow me. Code 1342!" He quickly whispered the last part into a small radio he kept on his person. He was calling for backup. There would be support troops waiting at the train station in case they failed.

''The Midget got quite a mouth, how cute'' Ivan smirked ''Is walking in obvious traps a quality of the Amestrian state alchemist?'' he countered ''Now, since we only need one'' Ivan coldly shot all the soldier save for the alchemist that had tricked them earlier ''Come, that David person is waiting, I think its high time for a little retribution'' And with that the young alchemist walked out of the cabin.

As Ivan walked out he could see his brother and Ivan, both safe and sound ''Brother!'' Alponse rushed towards him ''I should have known you would make it out yourself'' He said kindly ''....brother...what did you....?'' Something wasn't right. Edward didn't kill, ever yet the ground was wet with the blood of the Drachian soldiers.

Edward took a few short breaths trying to control his emotions. He was slightly overwhelmed by what he'd just seen and more then convinced that Ivan was a sadistic bastard. Ed shook his head trying to clear the image of the bloodied corpses from his mind before he could address his brother. He gave a slightly shaky smile to Alphonse. "Well uh you're right Al I don't. Clearly Ivan does though. I think our mission got a whole lot harder all of a sudden." Ed said with a small quaver coloring his voice.

David bolted. He had no backup. He'd have to hide until he got to the station. Unfortunately hiding on a train was a hard thing to do. He was quick though and soon left the view of Ivan, Al and Ed. He aimed to throw them off his trail by hiding outside of the train cars and on the roof of the train.

''Accept this bit of advice from your senior fullmetal'' Ivan looked at Ed seriously ''Actively taking measures to ensure your enemies survive only leads to you fighting the same enemies over and over again. Your Fuhrer did not give us enough provision to feed those prisoner and if one of them escaped It would be a disaster'' It wasn't like Ivan particular enjoyed killing but it was either him or them ''I'm from Drachma so I got some leeway but you....I want you to realize that not far from here a grave has already been dug, Had we not escaped they would have interrogated you and when your use as a hostage ran out they would have buried you in that grave''

A female voice came out of the radio David carried with him ''Ah, David. Has our little Ivan been care of?'' The voice inquired ''From your distress call I can only guess he hasn't....I hope you know what that means'' The rouge division had no room for failure. Either David would set this right, today or he would be killed.

Edward glared up at Ivan. "We could have sent those prisoners back to Amestris on the train. It would have been a simple call." Thinking on it though Edward did need to contact someone for instruction. The enemy was aware of their advance. Two boys even alchemists of their caliber wouldn't stand a chance against a whole army. Perhaps a retreat was in order. They needed a plan and more then likely a significant amount of backup. "I refuse to kill. I'm calling HQ to report what's happened."

David grunted in response. It was time to employ more serious force. If he could catch Ivan and Edward off guard he might be able to take them down. David reached into his pocket and pulled out a tazer. They were wanted alive. The boys could offer him much favor from the General. David re-entered the train as stealthily as he could. He'd avoid the armored guy for now. He wasn't part of his objective so if he couldn't contain him reinforcements at the station could take him down. His job were Edward and Ivan.

''We need to go, off this train'' Ivan said ''Reinforcement is coming and we don't want to be here when they arrive...your brother? He does not feel pain like we do doesn't he?'' He asked ''Lets climb on his shoulders and have him jump out of the train, I trust you know the way by foot?'' David escaped and was obviously up to no good and if his men could board this train then where else would they be able to pop up? Ivan decided it was much safer to avoid to official path's and take lesser known routes to the mountain ''And...please do abandon that sentiment, not just for my sake but yours as well'' Ivan advised ''There is nothing to gain my showing mercy to your enemies'' The young alchemist glanced at his metal leg.

Edward grimaced. "We need to retreat and get back to central. They know we are coming and we don't stand a chance without surprise on our side. We are facing a small army. We'll need back up now."

Suddenly Edward gasped overtaken by convulsions. Behind him David had come forward with a taser and shocked him. He was incredibly stealthy. Moments after Ed fell David charged towards Ivan. He'd simply have to guard the bodies from the big one if he could get Ivan unconscious. If he failed it would be his head. He didn't have a choice he would have to take Ivan down.

''Are you heaving a death wish?'' Ivan smirked and revealed his metal leg. A circle had been engraved in the steel and when Ivan touched it the part where his feet used to be had turned into a blade. Ivan's body was weak but his automail gave him to opportunity to attack with great strength with one leg at the very least and the blade made it even more potent ''If he tries to taster me I need you to shield me Alphonse'' he ordered, fully expecting the taser not to work on the giant, something was NOT normal about that boy.

Ivan didn't see much of a threat in David, he charged straight at the enemy commander, burying his blades leg into David's side and aiming his pistol for a headshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.