Fjorn: Lonely Fate (oneXone with Vespar Leviathan)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arturia had marched right to two figures that she could see. One was holding the other like they would drop them into an abyss. And she knew it to be Miss Natalia. "Miss Natalia!! Hey, could you ditch the dog and answer me one question?" Natalia turned, a smile on her face at the sight of her little buddy, "Oh~! Hey, Arturia, what's up?" Arturia sighed, "Iwas wondering when my ship would be done with it's check up...... and maybe if you could somehow manage to fill up the gash in it." Natalia and Arturia were sending Olin a death glare, but Natalia broke hers to respond. "Well, of course. It shouldn't take too long either!"

Arturia smiled widely, nodding her thanks to Natalia, "Thank you!" Natalia nodded, "Well of course, can't have you going to Heloa with a busted ship! You're going to a wedding after all!" Arturia almost asked what her friend was talking about, when she remembered, "O-oh, yeah......Siegfried's wedding. Thank you so much!"

Otto's eyes fluttered open. He wasn't sure if he had actually gone to sleep, but he felt better. At least, a little bit. He sat up, stretching his arms out. Surely everything has calmed down by now. He stood to his feet, and began to walk out of the room. But as soon as he reached the door, he felt a chill go up his spine. He looked around the hallway quickly, but soon realized what it was. He turned back to the bed he lied on, and walked back to it.

He smiled as he picked up his charm. Turning back on his heel, he walked out of the room. He would've died without that. As he walked down the hallway, he wondered what time it was. He had felt he slept for a while, but nowadays, even a 10 minute nap could do that for him. He made his way onto the bridge, where he saw Siegfried. "What's up?" He asked the older male, shaking him from his thoughts.

"Oh hey, Otto." Siegfried turned back to what he was doing. "Where's Arturia?" Siegfried shrugged. "Probably hanging with Natalia." Otto looked over Siegfried's shoulder. "And what're you looking at?" Siegfried showed him what he was looking at, the map. Otto glanced over it, and then looked back to Siegfried. "So, we leave tomorrow?" Otto nodded. "We leave tomorrow at its earliest."

Arturia wasn't very bothered by Olin being there, in fact she opted to ignore him. "Miss Natalia, thank you seriously. You remember that friend who I said gave me the ship? They'll be very proud that I brought it back practically unscathed! And I could even recommend you to them for some of their machines as well." Natalia laughed, "Well that'd be nice, yeah!" Natalia laughed at a thought, shaking her head. "What? What's wrong, Miss Natalia?" At first, the elder woman shook her head again, but then, "Well, oh.....I was just thinking. If you guys are going to a wedding, are you going to be taking Olin with you? He doesn't have any big suits I bet."

"No! He doesn't get to go to the wedding! No, as soon as we get to Heloa, we part ways!" Natalia broke out into crude laughter, not trying to poke fun, but playful. "Ahh~! You're terrible, Miss Natalia!" Arturia laughed as well. Throughout the whole of their conversation, she couldn't help but notice that Olin had stayed quiet and out of their way. Maybe there's something about Miss Natalia that deserves to be feared.....

Siegfried nodded. He had hoped that they would leave soon. Otto and Arturia, they seemed a little off edge, even he could tell. He could tell Arturia's reason... "Siegfried?" Otto asked, tapping Siegfried on the shoulder. "Yes?" "Are you alright?" Siegfried nodded. "Perfectly." Otto grinned, and looked out the window. "Is it nighttime?" The elder nodded. Otto clicked his teeth.

"Okay, I'm going to get Arturia. We should all probably be locking up the ship soon." He said, heading for the door. Hopefully, Olin wouldn't just randomly appear again. Maybe he could ask Miss Natalia to keep a leash on him? He continued to think about this as he left the ship, walking over to where he could see his friend. "Arturia! It's nighttime, we should all get some sleep now." He called to her, waving his arms to get her attention.

Arturia was caught off guard when Otto called to her. She looked up immediately from where she was looking before. "Oh, I guess it's time for bed......Good night, Miss Natalia." And with a glare sent in Olin's direction, Arturia hopped up off the ground and started towards Otto. "It's time for bed, huh?" Not expecting an answer, Arturia just walked past calmly into the ship. "Siegfried, help me lock up the ship!" The older man yelled back, "I already have most of the exits covered, Arturia! Where are you going to sleep?" She paused to think about it, "I'll sleep in the bridge, keep and eye out for things! You go find yourself a room and go to sleep......We have a wedding to get to!"

She could her the animal trapper growl loudly, cursing at her as his voice grew quieter, signaling that he was out of range. She turned to Otto, "Good night, Ottoman. We'll be in Heloa this time tomorrow. Get a good night's rest, alright?"

"And hopefully, we'll find the prince." He said, smiling. he thought of getting done with this mission, it made Otto very happy. He said his goodnights to Arturia and walked into the hallway. He stopped looking back to the bridge. If I focus, huh? Otto thought, grabbing the charm from his bag. "Arturia, I'm putting a barrier around the ship!" He called through the doors. He heard a muffled noise, which may or may not have been Arturia, It could have also been Siegfried. Either way, Otto cast a spell over the ship.

He was happy when he walked into a room and saw a feint glow outside of the window. He grinned, then took off his boots and climbed into the bed. Surely, he was getting used to the ship. He sighed, letting out a low breath. He was going to miss the ship, and probably the people on it. Most likely Siegfried though, with luck he'd run into Arturia one day or the other. And even he hadn't, he could always ask her family to get her for him. Either way, he would see his friend again. He turned over in his bed.

He hoped that the prince still was in Heloa. The sooner they found him the better.

Arturia settled against the large couch they used in the bridge. She looked out the window to see a large barrier. "Ottoman made a barrier?...Nice." She looked back to her lap, hands settles lazily, her eyes were already adjusting to the darkness. Being pulled to sleep Arturia let out a yawn. Tomorrow, the search actually began, she and Otto could finally look for the prince. Granted it had been slow, but three days in is a great time, given the time period they were given.

She rested her head on one of her hands, closing her eyes. She wanted to finish this mission quickly, there were other things to do......Like go home for a bit. She needed a rest after all of these missions.

Otto woke with a start. His head shot up, and he looked around rapidly. He put a hand over his heart, trying to calm down. Looking around, he saw the ship was not in the shipyard anymore. How long had he slept? He jumped out of his bed, and ran onto the bridge. "Arturia? Siegfried?" He called. Why hadn't either of them woken him up? Did they not eat anything yet?

He saw Siegfried on the bridge, along with Olin sitting on one of the couches. Otto stopped dead in his tracks. "Siegfried, have we already left?" The elder man nodded, "Yep. A couple of minutes ago actually." Otto nodded slowly, shaking his head to get rid of the grogginess fogging it. He looked over to Olin, who was reading a book, Oblivion laid to his side. "Good morning..." Otto muttered. Olin shook his head. "Tsk, tsk. Good Afternoon." Otto narrowed his eyes. "It's already afternoon?" Siegfried nodded. "Sorry we didn't wake you." Siegfried nudged his head out to the deck.

"Arturia's on the bridge if you want to talk to her." Otto nodded, and made his way over to the deck. Why hadn't Arturia woken him up? Did she already eat?

Last edited by a moderator:
Arturia was sleeping like a puppy in the bridge. She'd ended up snoring away softly and curled up into a little ball. She had awoken a little bit when she heard Siegfried come in and start up the ship, but afterwards she drifted back off to sleep. When Siegfried got the ship started, he left the room again, leaving Arturia to sleep once more. But she woke up again. This time, she had actually managed to wake up. "....Oh~...." She lifted her head, hair strands dancing in front of her eyes. "It's morning? How did I fall asleep?" She looked out the window of the bridge, surprised to be greeted by a slightly dawning sky.

"Why didn't anyone wake me up?" She grumbled as she began to fix herself up, still half-asleep. She fixed her hair back first, then determined to take a shower of some sort. Especially now that she was settles into the ship.

"Arturia?" Otto asked. "Are you up? Have you eaten yet?" He knelt down beside his partner. Tilting his head sideways, he questioned. "Do you want me to make you something?" He didn't wait for her to answer, already standing and beginning to go back inside. He called over his shoulder. "I'm gonna make breakfast for everyone." He made his way to the door, stopping. He should probably warn her.

"Oh, and Olin's on the deck." He paused, "And no, you can't go into the kitchen with me, I need my concentration." He opened the door and closed it behind him. Surely, Olin and Arturia wouldn't argue while the ship was airborne. Maybe, Arturia would just marvel at all of the wonderful upgrades that were given to the Starbound Destiny. He made no eye contact with Siegfried or Olin, instead just repeated what he had said to Arturia on the deck. "I'm gonna get started cooking, so don't bother me!"

Both Olin and Siegfried grunted in response. Neither of them looking up to see the sandy blonde disappear behind the door.

Arturia stared at the ground, looking with distaste at the floor. "I cannot just sit here......Siegfried's supposed to be the one navigating the ship." She pulled herself up and walked out on deck, she would have to get used to their new inhabitant soon enough, as much as she didn't enjoy it. "Hello Siegfried. Olin." She nodded to both of them, taking her spot near the edge of the deck and looked over. They were airborne again, and no one was shooting them down, so she could only imagine that maybe it would be alright for them for now. The mission was at hand, and she wasn't allowed in the kitchen right now, so she couldn't talk about it. She looked over with confusion at the two men, where Siegfried seemed to stare at her. "Did you hear me?" She shook her head, looking back to the edge of the deck.

"I said that Otto's making food for us, alright?" She nodded, "I heard. How long will it take to reach Heloa now?" Siegfried shrugged, "I don't know yet. I can go check in the bridge if you want-"
"No, forget it. Ask Olin, he lives here." Siegfried, though confused about the fact that she wouldn't ask the man herself also remember at around the same time that she would probably kill him. ".....Right. Olin, how long will it take-"
"WE should be reaching Heloa by mid afternoon if not later." Siegfried looked over to the small girl who still stared over the edge of the ship. He only hoped that she wasn't contemplating jumping.

"Good. We should be there soon enough." Arturia looked over the edge again, she turned back to Siegfried and Olin. " So since we're already in the air, I'm guessing that Miss Natalia already finished her inspection and necessary fix-ups to the ship? I'm going to check them out. Come along if you want." She got up and stepped past the two quickly, heading for the door.

Otto worked the kitchen like a hurricane. In almost no time, he began making a large lunch for his comrades to eat. Especially since he hadn't made breakfast for them. It just made him want to cook even more food. He heard a door slam far off in the distance. "Hm? Arturia?" He raised an eyebrow, what was she doing? He knew she wasn't checking up on him, he told her not to. So, he waited for a minute. He didn't hear many footsteps afterwards.

"...She must be checking on the upgrades..." He finalized, turning back to his work. That couldn't be bad, right? He sighed. But, he could understand. She was trying to avoid Olin. She should try to make peace now, before something terrible happens. And then it would affect everyone.

Arturia, looked behind her, semi-surprised that both Siegfried and Olin were actually following her around. She made a quick stop to where the engine was located, it was in perfect shape from what she could see. In fact, she noticed that Miss Natalia had actually managed to install a new engine. It was running smoothly and humming all the same. "Nice. She did a good job." Arturia looked over at Siegfried and Olin. "Why are you following me? Are you really that bored?" Though siegfried shrugged, displaying his obvious indifference with the whole situation, Olin shook his head. "I'm not bored at all, I wanted to see what you people do on this ship."

Arturia looked at Olin, "Well, there's your answer, we don't do much of anything on this ship. We have a destination and that's it. " Siegfried sighed, "I'm gonna check and see if the food is done. Maybe check up on Otto as well." Arturia almost protested as Siegfried walked away but ended up holding her tongue. Which also resulted in her being left alone with Olin. She suppressed her infamous growl, rubbing her temples and looked over at him. "What do you want now?"

Otto heard a knock on the door. He saw Siegfried, standing at the door. "What did I tell you about bothering me?" He asked, eyebrow raised. Siegfried shrugged, and sat at the table. He began to drum his fingers, looking at nothing in particular. Otto sighed, turning to put even more food on the table. "Where's Arturia?" Siegfried nudged his head out the door. "I left her to hang with Olin." Otto's eyes widened. "You did?"

"Yeah..." Siegfried scratched his head, "I know they got issues. Thought they'd want to sort them out." Otto nodded, about to turn around. Siegfried stopped him. "Natalia said Arturia liked him." Otto's head whipped around. "What?" Siegfried nodded. "Yeah, and she's a female. They have those types of connections." Otto looked at Siegfried uneasily. "You think she does?" The taller male nodded. "Sure do, you can see it in her actions." Otto slowly turned back to the oven, "I can't..."

"Maybe it's because you don't remember."

Arturia bit her tongue, she didn't have anything to say. She, followed by Olin were walking around the ship, getting the lowdown of the upgrades and check-ups that the Starbound Destiny had received. She looked back, Olin simply stared around, as if he was on tour, not saying anything the shortest hint of that fox-like grin still on his face. "Do you know if the gash you put into the ground is fixed?" She opted for the simplest question, the man couldn't exactly weasel out of it. "I think so. I haven't been there yet." Arturia sighed, Unless he did that. He couldn't have weaseled out of the question unless he didn't know.

It was going to be a long walk. And she was sure she still wasn't allowed inside the kitchen area yet. She walked down the halls in her own little cloud until she heard Olin gasp. "What happened here?" She turned, confused. It was burn marks on the wall. She stopped, moving her fingers to trace over them. "This is.....the remnants of Ottoman's magic." She narrowed her eyes. "It's nothing." Olin held up his hands in defense, "I'm not saying it was something. I'm just surprised. Like, wow. It looks powerful. And this is Octavius? ...... Phew, I wouldn't like to fight him." Arturia scoffed, "You carry around a Giant's Knife. You know that magic isn't really going to damper your chances."

"And how would you know that?" he was testing her, and she was falling for it, she knew that. "I know weapons. I also know how to use them." Olin leaned against the wall, "Do you now? Well, I'd love to see exactly what it is you know." Arturia glowered, "There's a training room around here somewhere......."

"Fine then. Olin, follow me and I'll just show you."

Last edited by a moderator:
Otto rubbed his forehead. It could be because he didn't remember. But, with the way that Arturia was acting, he had assumed that she didn't like Olin. Loathe him? Maybe. But like him? No way, never in a million years. He began to set out the rest of the food. "I don't know, my memory is pretty good, Siegfried." The taller man laughed. "Well, I would suppose so." He shouted, gleefully. Otto chuckled.

"Yeah..." He set the last platter on the table, and wiped his hands. "When do we land in Heloa?" He asked Siegfried, disregarding the whole "memory" conversation. Siegfried gave a small smile, "We'll land there tomorrow." Otto nodded, looking to the ground. Siegfried stretched his neck to try and read Otto's expression. "Will I finally learn why we're going there? Is it really for my wedding?" Otto chuckled. "No...it's not anything like that..."

Arturia scowled again. She was hating ever suggesting this idea. She had led Olin to the training room, ready to beat his ass......And she had been thrown on her back within a minute, the giant's knife at her throat. She glared up at him, eyes burning with hate. Arturia had limited herself to only the daggers, Sol and Luna. She wasn't going to be wasting time with anything else. The smaller blades left her to a smaller reach, and a fast, wider arch. She jumped up, refusing the offered hand from Olin. "You do seem to know quite a bit about my weapon. Not enough to dodge them though." He was smiling again. She wanted to smack his head off.

Arturia stood back some distance away from Olin. "Don't be so smug." She glared him down. Olin chuckled, "Right, right~!" He steadied his own blade again and charged her. Arturia sighed, dodging it immediately. "Bastard...." She was just about to swing the dagger Sol straight into the back of his neck when the door opened.

"Arturia~!" Siegfried called out, kicking the training doors open. "The food's ready~" He paused in his tracks, eyes wide. All he could see was that Arturia was holding a knife extremely close to Olin's neck. Siegfried slumped his shoulders. "Otto! Arturia's trying to kill Olin in the guise of a training accident!" "What?" Otto yelled, quickly rushing into the training room.

Otto saw the sight and breathed a heavy sigh. "Arturia, you know you two shouldn't be fighting...you'll break something" He looked back to Siegfried, the back to Olin and Arturia. "Do you want to eat something?" He asked. He shrugged and then walked out of the training room. Siegfried made a "tsk" sound, with his tongue, and then turned around. "You can join us if you want." He said mockingly.

Arturia dropped the dagger in her hands. She allowed her weapons to disappear back into where they came from and turned to Siegfried. "You know......that.....We were just sparring." She looked over to the doors, "You know that." Siegfried shrugged, "I don't know anything. Just calling it like I see it. And I saw you put a dagger to his neck." She snorted, "I would never use Luna or Sol to try anything like that. I'd be forced to wash loser blood off of them for weeks." She got to the door, turning to her friend.

"I wouldn't kill anyone on the ship." she felt a smile play on her lips somewhat, "Lovi would kill me, and you know it." She stood beside her old friend. "Is the food done, I'd love to eat for the first time today." She was kidding somewhat, but on the other hand, she really wanted to eat.

Otto glared at her. "I feel like you and olin should have a food deduction. Because I don't like fighting on this ship." He smirked. He looked over to Olin. "That goes for you as well, Olin." The taller male raised his hands in defeat. "Come now, Octavius. I would never harm a lady." Otto's eyes narrowed. "Yeah, I'm sure you wouldn't." He continued on to the kitchen, and sat down.

Siegfried joined him, and began to fix his plate like the glutton he was. Of course he knew Olin and Arturia were going to join them, but he liked to tease people. It made his day, especially since he wasn't in on the loop of the mission. "So, what kind of food deduction are we talking about?" Otto shrugged, "Let me think of something..." Olin sat down across from Siegfried, next to Otto. "Are you really going to deduct food? Isn't that a violation of rights?" Otto laughed. "Maybe here in Agos, but not so much in Fjorn."

"You could go a week without food if your parents said so." Otto said.

Status
Not open for further replies.