Fjorn: Lonely Fate (oneXone with Vespar Leviathan)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arturia looked to her old friend, even though his back was turned, she could see that he was horribly disheartened. ".....The Olin....I wish I could say he deserves my respect. But you know as well as I that it is hard for me to make friends." She scratched the back of her head. "I want to trust him, he looks strong-....I mean like a capable person who would be able to help us with our mission." She grabbed his shoulder slightly, "I trust your judgement, because you are much more of a kind person than me." She smiled slightly.

"I still want to know what's on the menu....can we do that?" She patted him on the back, it was the only thing she could think to do. It felt normal. A flash of a child being dragged away flashed through her head again, she shook her head quickly. "I trust you, okay?"

Otto chuckled. "I don't even remember you being anti-social." He joked. And began walking back into the kitchen. "The menu will be deli sandwiches. I wanted it to be quick, but not bland." He stated, leaving his friend to imagine the possibilities. He had almost forgotten that they had used to friends. How would he get those memories back?

Another thing for him to think about as he cooked.

He began assembling the sandwiches once more, this time with vigor. He had too much on his plate right now, and without the memories of his friend to rely on Arturia, that would continue. He just needed to focus on the most important thing right now. And that's find the prince. Who knows if he isn't dead already? And if so, then what? What should they do? They wouldn't have to worry about Olin killing them anymore, that's for sure.

Arturia smiled, nodding as if she was accomplished and began to walk to the bridge to wait for food. When she turned around, she backed up immediately. The Olin was standing right there, against one of the walls. "How did you get in this ship?" She was beyond furious, and to be honest.....beyond creeped out. How had he gotten onto the ship? She had locked the door and everything. Who was this guy? Arturia was on guard, she pulled a regular dagger from her satchel and prepared to slit his throat. "You aren't allowed on this ship without the permission of the owner." Olin just smirked, looking nonchalantly around.

"I thought we were friends, Miss Arturia.......Thought we were getting along." Arturia laughed dryly, "No, sorely mistaken Olin. We are not friends. Get off my ship." He didn't move, causing Arturia's anger to rise slightly. "Listen, you pig! Get off of my ship right now or I'll" She heard Siegfried's voice coming from down the hall, "Yo, Arturia, did you find out what we're eating or not-" Siegfried was confused to see that Olin was aboard the ship. But he was even moreso, and a bit concerned when he spotted Arturia with her dagger drawn. "Is everything alright in here?" he tensed up, taking a step closer to the girl.

Otto heard something happening in the hallway. Quickly, without a second thought, he ran to see what was happening. "Yo! Are you alright?" He questioned, stopping to see Olin, Arturia and Siegfried in the hall. Arturia, with her dagger drawn, and Olin, standing as if nothing was wrong. "W-what? What's wrong Arturia? What happened?" He stammered. How did Olin get on the ship. He was sure he wasn't followed. Did Arturia not lock the ship?

Olin chuckled, and then walked past Arturia. "Apparently, we aren't all friends as I originally thought." He said. He placed both of his hands on each of Otto's shoulders. "I think it would be better if I stayed with you." Otto opened his mouth to say something, but then stopped. He didn't want to start a conflict on the ship, they needed to save the prince. And quickly. He turned on his heel back to the kitchen. "Just don't touch anything please." He muttered.

With one glance back at his childhood friend, he walked into the kitchen. Olin trailed behind him, holding a somewhat fox-like expression.

She sighed, looking away from where Olin and Otto had left. "You mad, Arturia?" She looked up at Siegfried, "No. I.....I'm going to make sure he doesn't kill Ottoman." She turned to the door again. "Or eat all of the food.....Either way." She set out walked into the kitchen again. She could see Olin, but could not yet spot Otto again. "Why are you doing this?" she scowled at Olin. The man looked absolutely shocked that she would even ask such a question.

"Do what? Help you guys find a mechanic for your ship so that you could get it fixed?" Arturia held up a hand, face set as still as a stone, "MY ship is not in need of fixing. It need a check-up. Which is what you'll need if you don't shut up." He winced, still smiling coyly, "Oh, I'm so scared.......hit me with your best shot."

Otto quickly interrupted. "Ah! The food is almost done!" He called, not wanting to start a fight on the ship. That could probably cause more attention than it's worth. And he didn't need that in enemy territory. He turned his attention to Olin. "You get your food first." He suggested. This would at least keep Arturia at bay. Especially if he watched his every move. Otto stared at Olin, who was still smiling as if he hadn't brought upon the wrath of the gods. He sighed. "Olin..."

The taller man, still smiling, looked away from Arturia and made his plate. Putting at least five sandwiches on his plate, and then sitting. Otto gave a sigh of relief. He quickly rushed over and made both Arturia's and Siegfried's plates. "Here you are." He said with a small smile. "And can I ask you to eat on the bridge?" He gave an apologetic look in Arturia's direction. He didn't want to send her away, but Olin was playing on her anger problems. And that would lead to his death. And maybe theirs as well. Otto sat down in front of Olin. He gave a coy smile, not wanting to show the older man his weakness. "Do you mind if I eat here?" He said with a sharp glance in his direction.

Meanwhile, Siegfried silently clapped in the hallway, the sounds echoing. "He's sacrificing his comfort for us. Now I'm even wondering what the guy wants. Cause if it's to ruin this friendly bond everyone has here, it's definitely working."

Arturia winced mentally, wanting to whine to Otto. Ask him why is was her that had to leave. She didn't feel a second comfortable leaving Otto behind with that Olin. She, on the outside, growled. "Fine......." she got her plate and began to walk away, not even turning around. "Good bye Miss Arturia." She waited until she was outside the door to respond to Olin's farewell. She threw her plate straight into the air, and punched the wall. "Damn Bastard!!" she turned to Siegfried, walking past him, "Come sit with me on the bridge. We can even say hi to Miss Natalia." Siegfried nodded, "Hey, you know, Otto's probably in a worst position than you are. He's got to stay in the ship with Olin."

"And I could help him deal with him!" she nearly screamed, she had caught her plate back and as she got out onto the bridge, under an awning she set her plate down. When Siegfried did the same, she leaned over in defeat. "That man is giving me an ulcer." Siegfried chuckled, "You hate him that much? We just met him." Arturia took one sandwich, "Well sometimes, a girl can look at a man and simply hate them. It's a gift, it's a curse." Siegfried nodded, only half apathetic to Arturia's difficult situation, "What happened to him being a strong warrior?" She looked over at him like he was kidding. "I highly doubt a few mean words could change the man's physical prowess and abilities-......Yes, he's a complete tool, Siegfried. Ignore what you heard before that."

The Trapper nearly choked on his sandwich laughing at her, he spent the next few minutes trying not to choke. "Well something sure is hilarious around here, yeah?" both turned to see Natalia boarding the ship. "You got some repressed feelings for Olin? Good luck with that?"

Olin and Otto said not even one word to each other until they were done with their food. The younger of the two unsure what to say. Would he try to figure out the mission again? Otto shook the thought out of his mind. It doesn't matter, because he won't answer. He's just sitting here for Arturia's sake anyways. He's the one who should answering questions. And with that goal in mind, Otto cleared his throat. "Um...Why do you want to join us on the ship?" He asked. Olin kept his eyes closed as he ate, not even looking up once to acknowledge he was being spoken to.

Otto raised an eyebrow. "...That's a good question." Olin finally stated, clearing his throat. "I just accompanied you all because you could help me get to where I wanted to go." Otto sat back in his chair. So it was just for personal gain. "And what would that be?" Olin chuckled, wiping his face clean. He stood and washed his dishes. "Wouldn't you like to know?" Otto internally screamed. Was he really going to be this difficult?

Olin turned, drying his hands. "You won't tell me why you're in Agos, right? Why should I tell you my motives?" Otto jumped out of his seat. "Because~!" He paused, he couldn't even so much as a hint to this man. He would probably kill him. Otto gave a wide grin. "Why, we're at a standstill aren't we?" Otto questioned, humor evident in his voice. Olin crossed his arms over his chest, "Aren't we?"

Arturia was completely floored, "I never said that I liked him! I can't stand him! It's the complete opposite!" She was shaking her head sporadically, trying to convince the new incomer of the ship. Miss Natalia giggled, taking a seat beside them, "No, don't worry about it. I'll keep your little secret. You will too, won't you Siegfried?" The Trapper smiled through his tears of laughter, "You....d-don't have to worry.......I think....I think I'll die of laughter first!!" he was wheezing between laughs. Natalia looked over to Arturia with a nonchalant look. "So what do you like about him? He's plenty weird, yeah?"

Arturia pushed her head into the ground, "I don't like him though....." Natalia laughed heartily, "Me thinks thou dost protest too much.....you mind if I eat this sandwich?" Arturia shook her head, "Aww, yeah! You're a cool little girl Arturia." Though her head was down in supposed shame, Arturia was smiling. Hanging out with her friends, and just playing around. The only thing that would make this better was if this was how it could be all the time, and if Otto was here too.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Otto...you all act as if I would hurt you...but you saved me from the slave traders, yes?" Olin said. Otto nodded, "I did, but you really didn't need my help," he pointed to the blade on Olin's back, "Especially with that thing." Olin glanced over his shoulder, almost surprised to see the weapon was there. "What? Oblivion?" He held the sword and swung it out in front of him, pointing it in Otto's direction. Otto stepped back.

"Calm down, Octavius." He stabbed the blade into the floor. "The blade is dull, and the room is small. I couldn't swing such a thing around even if I wanted to." Otto raised an eyebrow. Arturia would kill him, for stabbing the ship. Even if he wanted to? "You're pretty observant, aren't you?" Olin shrugged, "I suppose..." He walked over to Otto, smiling. Otto put reached for the book in his pouch. "Why do you so badly want to know about why we're going to Heloa?" Otto questioned again.

Olin chuckled. "Do you want to trade? My secret for yours. It will make our friendship stronger." Otto almost spat at him. Friendship? He was practically being threatened. "Sure, if you go first." Olin chuckled, taking a seat back at the table. His sword now a couple of feet away from him. "Well, I don't think that's gonna work...

Arturia was laughing along with Natalia as she told her off tales of her shipwright glory. Siegfried nodding along and listening to them, but laying a ways back. It was in the middle of all of this tranquility that Arturia felt a shiver down her spine. She could hear it, the slightest slash of metal piercing metal. "Ottoman...!" She jumped up, as did Natalia. "Someone just stabbed your ship, I could hear it writhe in pain." Siegfried was just about to call her out on that, but Arturia interjected, "I heard it too.....Ottoman might be in trouble. We've got to go, Siegfried!" The three ran back into the ship, Arturia leading.

When they got back towards the kitchen, Arturia grabbed the door handle softly, opening the door a crack, she could see it. Her precious Starbound Destiny, pierced by the giant's knife that was once strapped across the Olin's back. She burst the door open. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!" She cried out, the growl set under her tone..

Olin looked casually over to Arturia. "Oh? Hello Arturia, how have you been?" He gave a sweet smile, "Did you eat well?" Before the girl could reply, Natalia walked past her. She grabbed the giant's knife with one hand, and yanked it out of the floor. She turned to Olin, glaring at him, and tossed the blade across the ground. "What the hell, Olin?!" She cried. She went over and smacked him in the head, causing him to double over out of the chair.

Olin gave an awkward laugh. "Oh, the ship. I'm sorry..." He sat back up, rubbing the back of his head. "I guess you would have had to be there to understand, right Octavius?" Otto was taken back when his name was called. But strangely, he nodded without adding what had happened. Instead, he said "I told Olin that he was being suspicious, carrying that weapon on his back all the time. So, he accidentally stabbed it into the ground." He turned to Arturia, "I'm sorry." Then looking back, he was met with another fox grin from Olin.

Otto huffed. He didn't really know why he covered for the lavender haired man. He supposed that it was because Natalia was there. She didn't really need to know what was going on. Natalia nodded slowly but grabbed Olin's shirt. "Okay, but I'm taking him with me." She stated, dragging Olin across the room to the door. On her way, she picked up Oblivion, carry both off of the ship. Apologizing to Arturia as she did so.

Last edited by a moderator:
"No, it's fine. Just take him out of here...." she stared at the gash in the floor. "Oh my poor baby, what did he do to you?" she rubbed the floor softly with one hand. Siegfried walked up behind her, "It might cost extra, but do you maybe want Natalia to come in and fix the gash? Since you're so worried about it." She sighed, looking at the gash with what seemed like genuine concern. "What did he want from you, Otto?" She looked over to her friend, a hardest look on her face. "He'd been waiting for you to be alone with him....Was he trying to hurt you, because if he was-.....she looked back down to the floor. "Gods, I don't want him near either of you...... Be careful next time." She got up, "And I think it's better for both the ship and the crew of it if you two were never alone together again."

She was going to reserve her judgement, but now.... "He thinks you're our weak link. That if he tried hard enough, without my or Siegfried's influence, that you'd tell him whatever he needed to know. Try and remember that if you see him again."

Otto, though hurt, nodded. He trusted people too easily, he knew that. But he was just as curious about the taller man's motives. So, begrudgingly, he nodded. He'd agree so that his friends wouldn't worry. But, he would probably have another 'friendly chat' with Olin again. Because he said he could come with them. And regardless of if this man was a threat, he's true to his word. Siegfried came up and patted Otto on the shoulder. "Man, you gonna be okay?"

Otto nodded, just realizing that he hadn't relaxed since Oblivion had been stabbed into the ground. "Arturia, you know a lot about weapons? He asked, taking a seat at the kitchen table, and motioning for his friends to follow. Siegfried sat down, and then looked between his companions. He didn't like the look in Otto's eyes.

"I know every weapon that could possibly exist. It was a Seina pastime in the past...... Why?" She finally relaxed her stoic personality and took her seat at the table. She noticed Siegfried inconspicuously telling her not to indulge in the conversation. But, if Otto wanted to be involved in weapons finally, she was at least glad that the younger boy had come to an old friend for advice. "Like that dagger that Siegfried has under his inner thigh. He holds it sideways to protect his forearm with a blade, and so that if he has to swing it back, he could just hack n slash." She placed her hands on the table, waiting for Otto to say something. Whereas Siegfried looked morbidly shocked, "H-how did you know about my dagger?"

"Okay...what about the giant's knife that Olin had? Was that anything special?" Otto propped both of his elbows on the table. He knows that this would probably alarm his friend, but he still wanted to ask. "Could a weapon like that really be powerful enough to put a hole in the ship? Or was it just the force used to do so?" Otto asked blankly, he needed to know more about this person, especially if they engage in conflict. "Would someone like myself be able to overcome him?"

Siegfried looked alarmed at Otto's series of questions. "What? Why do you want you want to know these things?!" Otto shrugged. "I'm just curious. We have to ride with that guy, you know?" Siegfried furrowed his brow. "Yeah, but you want to fight him?" Otto shook his head. "I just want to know if I could."

Arturia sized up Otto and Olin in her mind. Their physical and mental state. Their choice weapons...... She got up from the table, turning from the guys, "No, it's not possible. Unless you need came in direct contact with him." She could sense disappointment, but continued anyway, "The giant's knife is nothing big, but the steel used to create this ship is supposed to be absolute. That's why there was only a scratch or so when you tried to blow up Siegfried......But Olin's strength.... Siegfried told me that Olin had actually pried open doors of cages, and broke his own shackles. The man's strength is inhuman."

"If you were to fight with him, he also has the innate ability to get under the skin. I could see it in that cocky grin he's always sporting. You have your magic, and if you tuned out everything but your sight of him, then you could win. But, you'd also have to kill him. No wounding and then he'll give up, if you fight Olin, you fight to the death." She looked back to Siegfried and Otto with the most calm face, "OR that's what I've managed to observe."

Otto smiled, "You're pretty observant too." He chuckled. He stood, and walked over to the fridge, pulling out multiple snacks. "So, you're saying it would be like fighting a male you?" He asked, setting the snacks on the table. "That I wouldn't be able to fight him because of my physical capabilities?" He sat, and began munching on snacks, eyes closed. Pausing, he sighed internally.

"I suppose you're right." He stood and walked out of the kitchen, calling to his friends over his shoulder. "I'm going to take a nap. I need one...after all."

Arturia sighed, she didn't want Otto t be mad at her because she spoke strategically. She wanted to go after him and make sure he understood that, but she stood in place. She turned her head to Siegfried, "Did I do something wrong to him? I don't want him to be mad at me......" Siegfried shook his head, "Nah, he probably just needs some time to think to himself. He'll be fine." Siegfried too began to leave, "And Arturia?.....Make sure he doesn't go and try to find your beau, okay?" Arturia took the closest plate to her and threw it at Siegfried's retreating frame. She growled, "I don't like him!!.... and wait a minute! Did Ottoman say he was just like me!? I'm nothing like that sociopath!"

Arturia, after a moment of calming down, walked back out onto the deck. She saw the shipwrights working diligently on the other ships, as well as inspecting her own. "Excuse me, sir? Where did Miss Natalia go?" The man who answered her simply pointed quickly in a certain direction and walked off, engrossed in his work. Arturia nodded, hopping over the edge of the deck and running over to where she probably was. She was hoping to at least run into Miss Natalia, but if she were to run into the Olin also.......That was just a stroke of bad luck.

Otto walked into the closest room he could find. How long had it been since he slept? Like really slept? He tried to remember, but he couldn't. It was astonishing that he had even made it this far without passing out. He threw himself onto the bed, giving out a sigh. He pulled out the charm form his pouch. It gleamed in the artificial light of the room. "...What am I gonna do?" He muttered to himself. He looked over the stone, over and over.

Pretty soon, he was beginning to find himself falling asleep. "...how long is this mission gonna take?" He asked, turning over on his side. He pulled the charm in close to his body. "I really want to go home..."

Status
Not open for further replies.