Fire Emblem - The Crisis of Akaneia - In Character

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Livia stood behind the wall, squeamish at the following battle. There wasn't a chance that she would back down, that was certain. Her courage would have to suffice. August, on the other hand, stood on the wall and looked over the Ylissian troops that were at a fair distance. He held his javelin with anticipation. The air was filled with dread, though the ragged bandits were undoubtedly overconfident. Whether that was an advantage or not had yet to be seen. But August was imbued with a loathing for the feral degenerates outside the city. They brandished their weapons in pride. As a veteran, August knew the bandits carried no true honor, which drove his indignation. He looked down to Livia, who stood below him. She nodded over to the Valmese soldier with conjecture. Neither of them spoke, knowing that doing so would bring the attention of the Ylissians. Livia took on a fighter's stance. She raised her sword and held a confident scowl. August simply inhaled the fresh air, before the scent of blood could permeate it.

Uwu listened to what Jiro had to say and shook her head before speaking. "No, I'm coming with. Attacking the city while a festival is going on is absolutely repulsive. I can't bring myself to idly sit by." She spoke firmly, placing her hands on her hips. She was a dragon of high morals, after all! She clicked her tongue at Isabelle's comment about keeping them safe. Oh how Uwu wanted to tell them, but no she needed to save it for her grand "entrance." Still, she couldn't help but comment. "Really, I insist, I'm far stronger than I may seem. Just you see!" She followed close behind her new companions, still as light on her feet as ever.

Asterisk nodded her head in agreement when Jiro said "-there's probably a bunch of bandits already in the village here. I also think there are more than one bandit group gunning for this place right now." She was relieved that the leader of the company wasn't a fool. "I think we should expect the worst Mr.Jiro." She then place her tome back into her backpack as Jiro begins to explain the benefits in fighting this battle. After placing the tome safely into the backpack, she takes out a slightly darker tome with arcane symbols as replacement. The flux tome one of the most basic tomes used by Dark Mages everywhere, powerful but slow and inaccurate if it hits though the victim might die from the sheer pain. She hasn't used a single hex or curse after her escape but she should still be able to cast 'Flux' it doesn't take a genius to do that. Her palms start to sweat and her heartbeat was starting to rise gradually, she tries her best to hide her anxiousness from the group. As Jiro pulled his Pauldron, Asterisk pulled her hood down, the shade covers the upper part of her face. This was what she taught to do before going to battle, a phrase lost in time pops into her head "So they know naught what emotion lies in the darkness." . Under the hood that Asterisk wore she hid her total disgust from the Ylissean cleric. How could she look so happy when they are out to kill bandits? Even if they are bandits they are still people and she was a cleric! Aren't the jobs of clerics supposed to be- . Asterisk took a deep breath and calmed herself. Ylisseans are nothing but murderers after all. Though the little girl was eager as well, Asterisk couldn't feel the disgust as she did with Isabelle. "As long as no harm comes to the people around you Uwu." Asterisk gave Uwu a little bit of advice and a smile before she follows suit. Though she can't help but fear of what is to come if Jiro's predictions was correct. She sighed one last time, steeling herself at what is to come.

"I suppose that's the smart thing to do but no one ever accused me of being smart. I just hope for the best outcome not the worst conditions. Go into battle seeking trouble and you'll find it kid." Jiro said simply as the group ran through the city passing groups of pegasus knights ordering people to stay calm and keep themselves in a safe area as the situation would be over soon enough. Others promised that nothing was wrong and that this was just some group of rogues seeking a seemingly easy plunder only to find themselves facing Ylisse's finest. Jiro honestly felt it was all hog piss and over exaggeration. There was trouble and someone would have to deal with it. On the way there they met up with a group of monks who were heading to the wall. They told them that a knight commander was nearby. True enough to their word they soon met up with a tall bulky man in shining steel armor with messy hair. Zaku looked at the man and immediately noticed one thing about him. He carried himself with swagger and the way he held his lance meant he had experience to piss away. This man was a threat to anyone who stood against him and the man knew it. War did breed experienced fighters and Zaku knew a man of war when he saw one. The man looked at them, "Volunteers huh? We need men to join the vanguard anyway since that prissy bitch at the front gate is keeping us back at the walls. Alex better know what's she's doing...so yeah a two mages, four monks, a cleric, and two swordsmen? Huh not a bad haul. Go meet with Sir Hugh over there and prepare to fight some bandits." the man said as he immediately looked the group over. "No me, the girl with the staff, the myrmidon, and the girl with the tome are mercenaries under my command we wanted to offer our services for a price." Jiro commented boldly to the man as he looked at Jiro indifferently but still with some disgust hidden behind that as Isabelle noted to herself. "Fine standard fee of four hundred gold each. Just get moving." the man said impatiently as Jiro thanked him casually and strolled over to the soldier who was organizing his fellow soldiers. "Alright men and women! We are going to form a wall near the bridge and break the enemy on us. The plan is simple. You are no to pursue unless given orders-" the man went on saying the typical military speech about the battle at hand which was just a load of bull shit that wasted everyone's time in Jiro's mind. Defense wasn't going to win this. Breaking the bandits in half was. Soon enough the group left the eastern gate in a disorganized mob and jogged off towards the bridge on the other side of the plains.

A grimace smeared across the Ylisse Knight's face in the moment he recognized the presence of Alexandra. The frown would come to remain as Alex led a personal charge upon Hallen's motives for abandoning his side in the war. Hallen had seen some and heard much more of this lady, and decided for himself that they were not fated to get along. For despite Alex's great skill in combat, she held her loyalties to the Exalt King rather than Hallen's own loyalty to Ylisse itself and what it stood for. A nation in the belief of light and peace had no need for war, but the fact that there stood a nation with differing beliefs was reason enough to abandon that idea in itself.

"I was raised to serve for the Exalt, not a King by the same name. My duty is to protect all of Ylisse, not wage war on any soul who thinks differently. I am here to fulfill that and nothing more," The knight spoke, steadfast against the prospects of the two commanders before him. "I would just as soon as these same questions of you, Alexandra. Surely, a dead king would have no more need for boot-lickers."

Against a falcon knight just as nefarious for her attitude as her skill, this tactical insult saw equal parts rebellious agreement and authoritative fear from the soldiers currently abound. And as for the gold-plated cavalier and Alex herself, they regarded Hallen's retort with ire and spite. Between his spark of pride for Ylisse and whatever undeniable skill he had left as a knight, they would not be rid of Hallen so easily.

"At least I have some sense of loyalty to my liege lord. Lord Norman is dead and gone for lack of proper protection against a basic sniper." Alexandra said bitterly as she looked at her second in command and with a twirl of his lance turned her back on Hallen. "Abandoning one's liege is the same as abandoning their nation in it's time of need. I will keep this village safe and I will not let anyone hurt Lady Emmeryn, Lord Chrom, or Miss Lissa! I will keep these people safe as a true knight of Ylisse. Lieutenant Alfred! See this brute to the field of battle I've got soldiers who need my orders!" Lady Alexandra then galloped her pegasus into the air and with grace launched into the air to sail across the village. "Sir Hallen! We need soldiers in the front lines. We're keeping our men back just in case our enemies launch a surprise attack and our front lines fail. Quite frankly they will without support. Lady Alexandra and Knight Commander Issac won't let us call for help to the capital for fear of shaming Ylisse or making us look incompetent against the bandits." commented Lieutenant Alfred as he held himself with pride in front of Hallen if only because he had nothing else to do besides that. It was clear he was unsure if the soldiers could hold. In truth Alfred confessed to many of them being green as freshly mowed spring grass. Lady Alexandra was their ace in the hole quite frankly.

"What's taking these fools so long?" August wondered aloud. It seemed as though both sides were just passing the time with nothing. Boredom sank into his heart, but at least Livia looked as ready as she'd ever be. Enough time transpired for her to actually practice her sword skills on a nearby barrel. It was laughably clumsy. Livia's constant dropping of the sword forced to August to give the smallest resemblance to a smile. From his view on the city wall, he could see some foolish mob leave the gate and sprint to the bridge. August wondered how anyone could be so suicidal. It was difficult to see exactly who they were, but they certainly weren't any military figures. But their obvious folly, the Valmese man hatched a plan. "Livia, quit slicing that barrel for a second." he stepped down off the wall from a ladder. Livia kept her good spirits. "Is this the part where we charge in and be the heroes?!" she asked with glee. "Not quite. If I can get you over this wall, then perhaps you can sneak over to the enemy and see what their up to." August gave her a minute to process the information. "No way! I'd get captured or killed, and I won't have my favorite thug to help me." Livia's insulting argument carried truth. "Then stay to the far edge of the battlefield. I'm not asking you to charge in by yourself." and after an unbearable silence, she grudgingly nodded. Taking a piece of cloth from August's own uniform, Livia tried to wear the appropriate attire for a stealth mission. "Alright, I think I'm ready."

Asterisk was surveying her environment as they ran towards someone in charge of the situation. It was a bit chaotic to see Pegasus knights flying all about, this was just a bandit raid after all but it was weird that the bandits hasn't thrown themselves at the defenses yet. Soon after listening to the direction of fellow combatants they reached the knight commander, he didn't seem that tough. Jiro gotten the mercenary band hired but forgotten about Uwu maybe it was for the better though she didn't look like she would sell her services whatever it is for a price anyways "Well, Uwu can you cast spells?" Asterisk asked Uwu, she needed to know what Uwu's combat expertise was.

The knight commander hired the company with reluctance but only for 400 gold pieces. "With that much gold you can't even buy a basic spell tome." Asterisk whispered to herself. Though she wanted to argue for more, she didn't want to look greedy and accepted what Jiro has gotten but with no contract of the sort to bind them would the Knight Commander really pay them after battle? Though Asterisk didn't know how mercenary work goes so she decided to keep quiet "Perhaps this was normal." she thought as the group walked casually towards one of the soldier that was issuing orders. They were stupid orders and the speech was quite demoralizing as well. "How could these type of soldiers almost destroy Plegia?" She kept that comment to herself. "Make a wall and let a bunch of axe or hammer wielding bandits charge at us. It would be a great plan if we had more mages to blow them up with before they reached said wall." Asterisk told the group about her distaste of the plan as they walked towards to bridge other end of the bridge. She was still debating with herself whether this was just a normal bandit raid or something more, she was deep in thought and almost tripped. Hopefully no one saw that. "So are we just gonna let them rush at us? I mean I'm no tactician but there's no way I can be an unbreakable wall, not to mention the bridge is far wider so..." She asked the group about the so-called plan as it seems mad to Asterisk. It was clear even underneath that hood of hers that she was anxious at the coming battle as the way she talked was jittery.

Uwu quietly chucked at the fact she was mistaken for a mage. Certainly it was because of the cloak and no visible weapon, but still. She couldn't wait to quite literally swoop in and impress everyone. Though, she was mildly upset that she was left out of the group, if only because she was out of money but oh well. These seemed like kind folks surely one of them could share...
But at Asterisk's question Uwu realized that perhaps she should at least tell her new companions what she is and her "weapon" of choice. Of course, saying it outright wouldn't be any fun either! She hummed thoughtfully for a moment before speaking. "Well not quite. I wanted to make it a big dramatic surprise but I guess I could tell you guys..." She said mischievously, digging around in her bag. She retrieved a glimmering polished stone close enough so her companions could see. "Do you know what this is?" She tried to keep her voice hushed, but it seemed near impossible for her to mask her excitement. "It's a dragonstone!" She burst into a fit of giggles. "I had you all clueless! I bet I'm older than all of you combined! Ah, I suppose I don't need to keep my hood up anymore." She pulled down her hood, exposing her tell-tale long pointed ears and smiled wide. "There is no way you can lose when you have a dragon on your side ahaha!"

"Going on the offensive means that we need to be sure of three things. The first of which being an enemy that would shatter underneath us. We don't know numbers and we don't know the level of skill of the enemies. For all we know they could be veterans of Plegia or even Ylisse for that matter. The second is going on the assumption that the group of us here as a whole aren't green as the god damn grass you're walking on sunshine. My three guys? We don't mess around; but Hugh's men? Yeah they don't look like they've seen much combat if any. Third is terrain. The bridge means we won't get flanked by the enemies. Sure the river is shallow but it makes fighting afterward a chore. Water is the bane of armies as I'm sure you're aware. Plus bridge blocking let's us just funnel them. If we charge them we'll get funneled instead. Make do with what you got. If life gives you a half ripped apart magic tome then use it to choke someone out or beat'em with it. Besides our friendly neighborhood cleric is here with us. She'll keep us well energized. She may not look like it but she knows her job. Dandy though she may be." Jiro explained defending Hugh's choice of tactics. Though inwardly he was wondering why the bandits were being so cautious. Were they expecting a counter offensive or another plan of defense by the guard? Or was it something else entirely? "There's nothing we can't take if we work together. I may not enjoy hurting other people but if they're going to ruin other people's good day and plunder a city then they deserve what's coming to them right Zaku!?" Isabelle said clinging to Zaku's side like a barnacle on a whale. Zaku ran his hand through his long hair and sighed, "Yes let's just get this over with." Zaku commented uninterested in the whole affair. However when suddenly Uwu spoke up Zaku's eyes flared in sudden surprise but he kept it contained.

"So then...you're like the voice?" he said as Jiro chuckled. "Well if you really believe that sort of thing Zaku then go ahead and do so. Personally I think the whole Naga thing is hog wash. And you look young enough to be my daughter Uwu so until you prove that rock is good for anything other than pegging someone in the head I'll watch your back." Jiro said uninterested in Uwu's words. He had heard the stories about Lady Tiki in her big tree. He had even gone near there on business before with a merchant girl named Marie. Rumors and history stated that she could become a dragon back in Valm. Manakates were what history proclaimed them to be. Jiro didn't buy into stories and fairy tales until he saw them. He did make notes not to completely disregard them however. Zaku on the other hand was more apprehensive. He had not seen a manakate in his life before. But he had read the stories of King Marth of Ylisse and the chronicles of soldiers who had survived being his enemy. All of them attest to the manakate's long life span and their transformation ability. Isabelle simply smiled not sure if she was joking or not. Whatever happened she was just to keep people safe and all of this was just not in her realm of responsibility to bother with.

It wasn't much longer when Sir Hugh stumbled upon the bridge that overlooked a small stream. The bridge was made of rocks and wood. Simple but it did it's job. Hugh lined up the monks in the back of the group. The head monk offered a prayer to everyone. Zaku disregarded it entirely but Jiro and Isabelle accepted it with thanks. It was not wise to offend a monk or disregard any sort of blessing. The soldiers on the other hand mustered in front. Four of them in total for a small one line shield wall. Zaku and Jiro and Hugh all held the line in front of them. Asterisk, and Uwu were placed in between them as Hugh didn't want robe wearing mages to deal with flanking attacks. "Today gentlemen and ladies we protect the people of this village! Today we sacrifice what we must to hold the line! Today we will not back down to anyone! HOLD YOUR PRIDE-" Hugh said as suddenly a throwing axe impaled itself into his shield causing him to tumble off his horse. The monk on the left side was unlucky as an arrow found itself going over the head of the soldier to the center and hitting him due to wind currents. "DAMN IT LONGBOW ARCHERS!" Jiro said as he told one of the girls to check on Hugh as he prepared himself to dodge any more arrows that were coming towards them. Strangely enough there was only two more shots that came instead a line of fighters and brigands charged their soldiers who were pressed hard in front. The only reason they didn't break was due to the mages. The monks unleashed a strong burst of light mage that instantly killed two of the Brigands. In total there were four more brigands, three more fighters, and one thief in the back trying to get around the crowded bridge by swimming the river. Jiro only noticed it because the thief was particularly bad at hiding his presence. The archers held themselves back behind the bridge on a nearby hill out of range from the monks and Asterisk.

===

The front gate was quiet for the most part as it was stupid to think that anyone would attack a falcon commander head on. However despite this a large man stood off in the distance out of range of the archers on the walls. "DO YOU YLISSE BASTARDS THINK YOU CAN STAND UP TO A REAL MAN!? COME AND FIGHT ME I AM REG THE GREAT! REG THE POWERFUL! REG THE BERSERKER!" the man who called himself Reg was a wanted man in Ylisse and had been known for leading raids on Ylisse mountain towns and border towns but this was the first time he had dared to come so far into the capital city. He was cheered on by a group of myrmidons and a group of dark mages and shamans. There were two archers with him as well as if daring for Alexandra to charge in herself. Which was exactly what she decided to do. "Men hold true to your oaths! Form shield wall advance! Pegasus Knights on me! We take out those mages then deal with Reg!" Alexandra called to her men as they rallied behind her. Cheering her name the soldiers opened the gates long enough to let out the group of soldiers plus the volunteers. The soldiers formed a wall and slowly advanced on the enemy who prepared to cast black magic on them.

Hallen nodded at the lieutenant's requests, shooting a parting look of scorn at the duo of self-righteous riders. For all her capability, Alexandra had to get her dues soon enough. The knight quickly stomped his way to the front gate amidst a crowd of other soldiers, all either glancing at him with wonder or disgust. Less than half of the company heading into combat was made up of volunteers, and if Alfred's words were close to the truth then the soldiers couldn't be any better of themselves.

As Hallen moved to fix his helmet upon his head, the knight said, "I am a knight of Ylisse. My life and death is the protection of my country..." Now, with his helmet completing his full-plate, Hallen adopted his stoic nature once more in preparation for the battle.

The gates opened, and beyond the cries of the zealous soldiers came the headstrong, arrogant boasts of the enemy leader: Reg. Hallen had heard something of him, as a bandit trying to said the smaller towns of Ylisse in the wake of the war. Then, of course, why would he dare to attack the capital... unless he truly believed he could handle it. And it seemed, honestly enough, that Reg had a good enough shot, given the myrmidons and shaman behind him.

In spite of the pair of archers as well alongside Reg, Alexandra was more than keen to lead charge into battle herself with her Pegasus Knights. Too reckless, Hallen thought; a better strategy would be to goad out the arrogant bandit into striking first, then flanking him with the Pegasus Knights to whittle out the shaman while the ground troops held the line at the gate, forcing the enemy to cluster up to proceed. Of course, there was no manner or time for Hallen to properly convey that, and there was dubiousness that they would even listen, given how Alexandra was apparently in charge here.

Nevertheless, the soldiers heeded the tactic of walling up in a shield formation, yet still poured out of the north gate to approach the enemy. Regarding Alfred's word, Hallen didn't immediately plunge into battle, resigning himself to watch the ensuing bloodshed. If they got too close, the black magic would tear easy gaps in those lines before the Pegasus Knights could deal with them all. If all went as Hallen intended, though, he would quickly turn the tide before it came to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever so silently, Livia moved along the side of the battlefield, hoping to keep a stealthy advantage. It would be much easier than to charge in blindly, like the other soldiers were (without a doubt) going to. All the while she held onto her sword for dear life. August's only option was to watch from behind the gate, equally hidden from the Ylissian soldiers close by.

"Why did I ever agree to his?" Livia questioned with contrition. Her eyes opened with fear once the battle had begun, and hordes of warriors initiated their onslaught. Wishing to stay alive, Livia pounced over to a nearby bush. The surrounding thorns made hiding unbearable.

Breaking his own stratagem for victory, August was mortified to see his companion flee to a shrub. At least the bandits didn't notice her, for the time being. Much as Valmese military tactics disregarded civilian presence, he would never abandon someone who was willing to risk their lives on his command.

August drew out his spear and took his old military pose. Of course he would not serve with the Ylissians, but tradition compelled him to take such a proud posture. August had killed plenty of bandits in the past, but never before had they taken army tactics. Completely absurd.

He hummed the tune of the Valmese anthem and sprinted onto the field. From the corner of his eye he spotted Reg, the scourge of everything August held dear. It was a good thing this delinquent never stepped foot on Valm, or else his head would be rolling the floor. August relished such a thought.

With spear in hand, August marched to the sidelines, close to Livia. "Livia, come on! We need to move quickly!" he barked to the girl cowering in a bush. What resembled an enemy scout went at them with full force. Extending his reach, August kept his ground, and thrust his spear into the gut of the bandit. Looking back, he pulled Livia up to her feet. "It looks like we're fighting our way out of this. They know we're here."

"Well, I guess that's understandable. I'll leave the planning to the experts like you Mr.Jiro." Asterisk nods at Jiro's explanation in acceptance but that didn't mean she liked the plan. Uwu said she was a Manakete it was hard to believe as Asterisk was told that they were few and far in between and they mostly hid or in deep slumber. "But doesn't your kind usually stay away from us?" Asterisk asked Uwu but it's not like Asterisk actually believed her even when she showed the dragon stone. Though it would be fantastic if it were true, a dragon would completely ravage the morale of any opposition force.

While the monks were offering prayers Asterisk thought it would be much wiser to prepare a hex that would weaken approaching enemies. It was a simple one that would make enemies more careless and susceptible to anger. Hopefully it works, it has been some time since Asterisk cast any hexes or such. Though she didn't like the way the formation was, the mages were usually at the back not sandwiched between the front and back line. It would be harder to retreat that way perhaps that's the plan. Ignoring the speech from Hugh, Asterisk was still preparing some of her more potent hexes but before she could complete them an axe hit Hugh and the sounds of arrow flew. One of them whizz passed her neck through her hood and into monk behind her, killing the monk instantly. It was then she remembered the sensation on the battlefield, instinctively Asterisk flipped opened the tome, the pages flips from one page to another as a magic circle formed underneath Asterisk. She then points at one of the enemy fighters and shouts the name of the spell "Flux!" While she was casting the spell black particles were gathered atop of Asterisk forming a muddy black orb and as she shouted the name, the orb then melted down through Asterisk and into the magic circle which then disappear but promptly reappearing at the fighter's feet. The melted orb then rises from the ground forming an orb again and imploding from within the fighter, all in one fluid motion. The fighter dropped to his knees and coughed out blood before falling. "Grima take you." Asterisk said under her breath satisfied that her magic did not wane and began recasting the same spell at a different target.

They didn't seem to believe her, but it didn't get Uwu down. She'd certainly show them! But first to address some questions. "Huh? Oh, Tiki? Yeah I guess, just not as important or terrifyingly powerful and so on." She said. Of course, she wasn't important yet. Uwu may have not been born with immense power (which is probably a good thing) but boy will she try her damnedest to be important. Now, on the other hand. "Er, well yes. I can't exactly say my mother was pleased to see me off, but lately humans have been fighting each other, not manakete so it seemed alright. Staring at sand and giant skulls all day gets preeetty boring, so I decided to leave home and try to make a name for myself doing good deeds as I went." Truly a wonderful an noble cause. Though, of course she realized that her words didn't make her seem anymore believable, but it would be rude to leave their questions unanswered.

At the bridge Uwu awkwardly accepted the monk's prayer. She wasn't familiar with such things, but it seemed as though others accepted it so she did what she believed to be culturally proper. Though, it did cross her mind that it would be nice to have her name used in such a way at some point... But now was not the time for flights of fancy, but time for actual flights! Uwu hadn't the slightest idea how to deal with axe wounds and she also would be much more useful in the fray, so she left taking care of Hugh to someone else. She leapt back, dodging arrows with unusual grace, and held her dragonstone up above her head. In an instant she appeared to be enveloped by petals which quickly broke away and shattered into glistening pieces to reveal her transformation into a dragon. She was mostly a deep red that faded into a soft pink on her limbs, tail, wings, and snout, almost like a reverse points marking. She hovered in the air, with a look that could only be described as 'smug' before blasting the enemy lines with a burst of ice.

((Nowi mentions once in the game that it's fire, but in the manga and going off the animations its totally ice. I'm going with ice.))​

The fire line of archers fired upon the pegasus knights with extreme prejudice as Reg screamed vile and down right misogynistic taunts towards the knights and especially at Alexandra who to her credit kept complete calm. In fact the arrows fired missed all of their targets as Alexandra told the knights where to evade predicting the way they'd shoot the arrows. Alexandra glared as she caught one arrow in her fist and broke it. "Filth and dogs who think to shoot me have truly no sense of brains." commented Alexandra with scorn to her knights who cheered her own only for one of them to take a magic blow from a dark mage luckily the damage wasn't enough to knock her off and the others evaded in time. "KEEP FOCUS!" Alexandra demanded as she pulled one of her throwing spears from her back and chucked it at an archer cutting his head cleaning in half with a thud all to Reg's laughter. However as one of the forward scouts for the men spotted two sneaking up soldiers one being a paladin in fact caught Reg by surprise. Ordering a counter attack he sent a shaman and his mercenaries over to attack the duo forcing his myrmidons to the front which took the soldiers by surprise but delight as they were less armored and would fair poorly against an attack by them. The shield wall took damage from the shamans but using their shields they deflect the magic for each other but some men took bad damage. The men cheered for their Exalt and didn't let up as the skirmish got messy very quickly.

The mercenaries fighting Augustus and Livia charged them with reckless aggressiveness and both of them stunk of smoke and booze making it clear that they weren't going to go down without a fight. It was either a decisive blow or nothing for these gentlemen. The shaman on the other hand used a flux spell directly at Augustus the first chance he got in an attempt to knock him off his horse but it was a slow spell.

===

The fighting stopped suddenly as both sides stopped to look dumbstruck at the dragon. The soldier's eyes glazed at Uwu with awe and Hugh, whom had been nearly knocked unconscious gazed at the dragon with pure shock nearly having a heart attack in the process. Never did he think he'd see a manakate. Zaku wondered if his eyes were deceiving him as he had never seen manakates before in his life and the one in front of him now was terrifyingly interesting. It was not often that Zaku was left speechless in truth but these were one of his rare occasions where he was indeed left without words. Jiro looked at the dragon and his jaw dropped but he took the time instead of gawking at the sight to instead behead two men at once with a mighty sweep of his blade. Some of the enemy even fled the fight but the enemy longbow men took aim at the dragon and unleashed a volley at her directly. The monks stopped fighting entirely however unsure if they were even needed at this point and instead looked after their fallen comrade. Isabelle didn't even notice the whole ordeal having been bent over healing the monk who was wounded very badly by the arrow. "DON'T JUST STAND THERE KEEP FIGHTING!"

Being vile renegades they were, August's opponents held shocking aggressiveness in battle. Hilariously, their archers managed to miss the Pegasus Knights above. He looked over his shoulder after sending his javelin into a bandit's throat. Livia nearly threw up from the stench of her attackers. An enemy shaman cast a flux spell, which took its time to move across the battlefield. August tried to move to the side, barely avoiding a direct hit, yet the spell scraped his horse's back leg. He had the feeling it would fall over any minute. August jumped down from his steed and tried to avoid getting crushed. Livia charged after the shaman with her iron sword, hoping to catch him in surprise. Though only a moment later she was caught by surprise. A dragon, with majestic gleaming scales, burst into the open. Hopefully it was on Ylisse's side. August tried to defend his horse from approaching swordsmen, with his best defense being his spear's reach. Training in Valm was more of a challenge than these fools. Finally Livia managed to look away from the highly distracting dragon, and slashed her blade around clumsily. "How do you use these things?!" she screamed over to August, who was rather preoccupied. Livia shut her eyes in fear, still clashing her sword, until hearing a crunch sound. The blade landed in the shaman's head. Jumping back in disgust, she ran back over to August.

As Hallen's own perceptions of the Ylissian guards' battle plans began to prove themselves true, the knight began to push himself through the front line. If he could get some measure of flanking available, he could began to hack his way through the less-armored foes and thin the enemy aggression to the main force. The knight would have to be careful, though, lest he become an easy target for the shaman - their magic could easily force through his mundane armor, ruining him far faster than any other mere soldier could.

Just before Hallen could break through the shield line, he shot a quick surveying glance at the enemy line. The shaman were still able to hold their own, with the Pegasus Knights dividing their attention between them and the archers. This fight was going to go to hell really fast if all the Ylisse soldiers couldn't get in range of the enemy in time.

Holding his position for a moment, Hallen yelled out to the militia, "We have to close the gap, now! Charge!" Though met with plenty of doubt and hesitation as expected, Hallen bolstered his point by forcing his way through the shield line with his own bulky shield and steel axe in hand. Determined to lead the charge, Hallen managed to close what distance remained with a kind of rush and aggression that caught the sorcerers off-guard.

Unable to readjust their slow black magic in time, the Ylisse Knight was able to reach the group of shaman with little resistance. In a cry of, "Begone, wretched filth!" Hallen reared up and plunged his axe into the frightened foe's upper torso, chopping a line down his shoulder and ribs.

The spell that Asterisk cast manage to rip another one of the fighters apart, like what she was trained to do she prepares the same spell again but one of the glistening pieces flew through the space in front of her and she turn to look at side and she found a dragon blasting the brigands with ice. Asterisk was in awe, never had she seen something more beautiful. "Uwu?" Asterisk whispered unsure if the dragon was actually Uwu. The dark muddy orb starts slowly melt away as Asterisk lost concentration. The feeling was fleeting however as Jiro shouted to keep fighting which broke her from her stunned state, Asterisk shook her head and concentrated what was in front of her. There weren't that many enemies as before but that was understandable, her spell went off once again ripping one of the brigands from the inside out. However, she did not see the volley of arrow coming towards the dragon and a stray arrow found it's mark on her left shoulder, the force was enough to send to the ground. She couldn't feel the pain just yet as she was shock why she was staring at the sky and on the ground.

The momentary pause in the fighting only fueled Uwu's ego. She really was magnificent wasn't she? She chuckled quietly, though in her current form it sounded more like a low pleased rumble. She considered hamming it up a big more, maybe doing some fancy aerobatics or let out a good roar, but she quickly ran out of time to bask in her perceived glory. Her reaction to the volley of arrows was rather delayed, but she was able to get out of the way of the large majority of them, and some others were rendered useless by the wind she whipped up from maneuvering. But she did not avoid the volley entirely unscathed. She was grazed lightly on her chest and tail, but nothing major and she was still certainly able to put on a front as if she didn't feel a thing (through really it stung a lot, like a very, very large papercut). Oh! How she wanted to give those longbow archers a piece of her mind and some ice too, but it would be tricky getting close enough without exposing herself to more attacks. But she couldn't just fly about dodging arrows, that wouldn't live up to people's expectations! So, she simply opted to take out her anger by blasting more ice at the nearby bandits.

"DO YOU BASTARDS NOT KNOW HOW TO HOLD A LINE! REG WILL SET YOU STRAIGHT!" Reg The Beserker shouted as he pushed his way through the lines of his own soldiers and he came upon the soldiers of his enemies like a run away boulder. The first soldiers on the line crumbled as a giant steel axe descended upon them and cleaved their shields in half. One, two, three, four, and even then five soldiers fell to the juggernaut's pure row power and deft control of his axe. For a man who seemed to be witless Reg was one thing at the very least: an extremely competent power fighter. The Ylisse line buckled but under Hallen and Alexandra's shoutings they rallied as did the enemy as the shamans cast spells to pick off singular soldiers the pegasus knights harassed them with javelins and levin swords. It was pure anarchy as the battle became little more than a brawl. The enemy shaman who were fighting against Hallen were backed up by a myrmidon with golden hair who tried his damnest to fend off Hallen sending a furious barrage of blows at him in an attempt to kill the man as fast as possible.

===

Isabelle heard the arrow hit one of her nearby allies and she left the monks where they were and ran over to Asterisk. "You better not die on me damn you! Live I say live!" she said overexaggerating her tone as she grabbed the arrow that had lodged itself into Asterisk's body. She hated this part but she couldn't do jack crap if she didn't get it out! "Look if Naga or Grima or whoever tells you to go towards their side don't listen to them just yet and this is going to hurt like a bitch trust me I've done it before!" Isabelle told Asterisk as she held down her arm and grabbed the arrow with her right hand before breathing in deeply and heavily and jerking out the arrow suddenly with a surprising burst of strength. The pain was awful but it didn't last too long as a healing spell from Isabelle's mending staff was all that was needed to quickly heal the wound and stop the bleeding. None the less she quickly grabbed a vulnerary off the ground and shoved it in Asterisk's hand. "I don't hand out lolly pops so this will have to do good patient!" Isabelle said with a grin as she got up and went back to the monks.

The line under the stress of the soldiers and the sudden attack by Uwu's dragon breath found themselves simply undone and they broke...well those who were alive at the least. The men where cut down from behind if they were in front while the men in the back headed for the tree line. Hugh ordered a charge but most people where reluctant to do anything as the archers were still firing at them. Jiro ordered someone to advance like Hugh had ordered but no one moved and Zaku wasn't running head first into a possible death trap unless he had to. They had a blasted dragon why would they need to take care of the archers themselves. "DAMN IT IF THEY GET AWAY THEY'LL ONLY RALLY AND FORM A PLAN UWU KILL THOSE ARCHERS BEFORE THEY CAUSE US MORE TROUBLE!" Jiro called over the noise of the fleeing soldiers. He himself was just tired of this strange day all together and wanted to get another drink. How could you top a dragon and a bandit ambush in one day?