Fire Emblem - The Crisis of Akaneia - In Character

The Ylisse Knight could only catch fleeting glances of the surrounding havoc at this point, now deep involved in the combat himself. It seemed regardless of Hallen's battle rally, Reg was keen to tear the Ylissian's a new one for their supposed incompetence. This situation was turning from a crazed fight to an all-out bloodfest, with Reg aiming to be the king of it. If Hallen was going to come out of this being treated as anything worth more than a deadweight, then he had to try and turn the tides.

The myrmidon wasn't helping, much as the young man with the sword believed for himself. As the swift bladefighter wailed on Hallen, the knight brought up his monstrous shield to take the brunt of most of the blows. Try as he might, the golden-haired swordsman couldn't manage to tear at Hallen behind his great defense. Desperate to get this guy off of his case so Hallen could move onto bigger fish, the knight lunged forwaed with his shield to bash the man off balance; following through with his weight, he then swung out with his battle axe again, the edge looking to streak across the man's ribs.

Now the Pegasus Knights trying to pick off the shaman before they could pick of the foot soldiers, and said soldiers stood at odds with Reg and the myrmidons. If Reg was nothing else, he proved himself as a brutally capable warrior, and that was what seemed to be putting this battle in his favor. Even Hallen, an experienced knight himself, stood unsure of his standing chances against this beserker.

But he had to try. Otherwise, that madman was going to cleave half of the militia to pieces just by himself before anyone could subdue him- which left the rest of the attackers to force their way through. Ylisse would suffer a Pyrrhic victory, at best.

Blundering ahead with his bulky armor, Hallen hacked through a couple more shaman and another myrmidon, tanking the damage without a stop in his stride. When he hoped to be sufficiently close to hear, the towered Ylisse Knight bestowed his challenge: "REG! Come on and pick on someone your own size! You'll take this city over my dead body!"

Uwu nodded at Jiro's orders. "Okay, but if I get hurt you seriously owe me big time!" She teased. She would never admit it but she was certainly nervous. She was a fairly large target and while dragons were more resilient against arrows than other flying beasts she still wasn't quite keen at practically charging in. Of course, she did have what could be considered a fragment of a plan. She flew nearly straight up into the air. The plan was to hopefully fly above where the arrows could reach. While the archers would have to work against gravity to strike at her, she had gravity on her side when it came do falling bursts of dragon ice. Her attacks would still have less of an impact from such a distance though, she was stretching her range to it's limit. She tried to stay roughly above the archers and maintain her altitude by flying in a circle around them, launching ice periodically. "Ugh my throat is going to be so dry after this," she thought bitterly.

Dazed from the shot to her shoulder, it seems the shock from the arrow hasn't kicked in yet but when Isabelle went to Asterisk's side she summed up what had happened. She was hit. Turning to look at her wound it didn't seem that bad and Isabelle was probably being dramatic about it. "I'm f-fine." Asterisk assured Isabelle but now that the initial shock has lessened the pain starts to slip in making it hard for her to even rise from her position. Asterisk tried to stand but Isabelle stopped her by holding down her arm and explained that she was going to do something that was going to hurt a lot. Hearing that Asterisk tried to brace herself "W-wait give me a-" before Asterisk could finish Isabelle basically pulled out the arrow with extreme force. Blood spilled out and the pain caused Asterisk to scream her lungs out but Isabelle quickly uses her staff to mend the wound which stopped the bleeding and dulled the pain somewhat. At this point Asterisk was just trying to gasp for air as the pain itself was too much for her body. It wasn't all that bad though as Isabelle gave a Vulnerary to Asterisk. Maybe she should give Isabelle a chance Asterisk thought as she wasn't that bad if not too blunt. Picking up her fallen tome she stood up and scanned the battlefield. Jiro gave the order to advance and rout the remaining bandits, Uwu was circling around the archers and the rest were kinda just standing around. With the torrent of arrows stopped and the archers focus were on Uwu, Asterisk wobbled as close as she needed to cast Flux. It took slightly longer than the first time but since they didn't notice the slow dark blob moving towards them from the ground, it easily reached and imploded within one of the archers.

"I can't say with certainty how this will end." August thought aloud as he held onto his spear for support. His arms were aching, his chest throbbing, and his mind was spinning. Apparently war was a younger man's game. With only his trusty spear, there was no chance August could hold off such numerous enemies all at once. It was time to swallow his pride. "Livia, follow me. We're moving back." August coughed.

"Are you suggesting we retreat?" Livia said before noticing his fatigue. An arrow passed over her blonde head, forcing her to comply with August's plan. "I think I see your point now." Livia fearfully admitted. She was more concerned about not getting killed than battle tactics. "We'll die on this field if we don't get over to the Ylisse army. Maybe they won't mind our actions if we explain our good deeds..." August tried to put on a positive spin for his cowardice.

Just as they were about to make a run for it, the dragon from before gracefully leaped into the air, sending a rain of icy shards below. Now there was no doubting the bandits' stupidity; only a fool would dare attack a dragon. Taking his flask, August drank some cold elixir, feeling the weariness of the skirmish fade. A tear formed in his eye. "I promise I'll be back." he said to his horse, whose cries of pain were prominent.

Together August and Livia made their way to the Ylissian army, spotting Hallen directly ahead. Much as he respected the old warrior, August didn't want to explain the whole situation to someone whose armor resembled a building. Stray arrows made the trip all the more suicidal. Perhaps the next best option was the friendly shaman girl.

(GM Note: Disregard Legend's posts as he in this point in this roleplay shouldn't have been able to see the other group. Likewise he has left the roleplay at this point due to him being busy.)

Reg took one look at an enemy paladin and knew what to do with him. Grabbing a massive throwing axe off his back he chucked it over his companions and it landed heavily in the man's shield throwing him back. The blow broke Augustus's hand and Livia quickly pulled the man away from the battlefield as a pegasus knight broke off on Alexandra's orders to help the man. Reg however heard a sound in the distance...a horn of some sort...He knew the signal and he was prepared to simply get a move on. "SIGNAL IS OUT BOYS LET'S GET GOING! YOU GOT US TODAY YLISSE BOYS AND GIRLS BUT WE WON'T FORGET THIS BEATING!" Reg swore as he grabbed a pegasus knight right off her mount and broke her arm before throwing her back into her pegasus which was coming back around for her causing the beast to smash right into the crowd and Hallen. The soldiers remaining quickly started to pull back with Reg himself blocking a spear throw from Alexandra much to her surprise. Whoever Reg was he certainly knew how to fight people. It seemed whoever was in charge of this little operation was smarter than they looked as a surprise group of snipers popped out to take a shot at Alexandra keeping her away further but she survived where some of her knights failed. Reg's men fled and Ylisse's unprepared soldiers were forced back by the retreating shaman and remaining myrmidons.

===

As Jiro's charge moved forward until he was suddenly intercepted by a man in a dark brown cloak with a steel sword. He couldn't see his face but the man's strength was nearly equal to Jiro. The man pushed him back somehow using a really brutal. Before Jiro could counter attack however his own soldiers started to flee unwilling to keep chasing the enemy. The man Jiro fought however didn't stick around for long as he quickly pulled back. Jiro taunted him calling him a lowly coward but he decided apparently not to answer as the unknown man vanished into a nearby river as he dunked himself into the shallow water where Uwu's breath would prove useless and arrows wouldn't work as well. As far as Jiro was concerned this fight was over with however. "Screw it! ALL FORCES PULL BACK NOW CHASING THEM NOW IS POINTLESS!" Jiro ordered as Hugh confirmed the order telling his men to pull back to the city. Zaku and Isabelle didn't need Hugh's word as they listened to Jiro as soon as he opened his mouth and told them to get back to the city. Zaku was mildly annoyed that he didn't finish the job. But hey you couldn't finish all your fights and Isabelle was just glad to get back to the city or rather the order to go back to the city. Besides her boots were icky! Mud everywhere! At least she was in sunlight couldn't get dirty.

"Damn it all-!" Hallen swore as Red bellowed out his own order, drowning out the knight's challenge. His attempt to give chase was thwarted by Reg's parting attack, throwing an unfortunate Pegasus Knight, mount and all, into Hallen and the crowd. Even as the thundering bruiser left the battlefield, he continued to fight back, a sudden volley of arrows cutting down many of the Pegasus Knights. The mass of shaman and myrmidons still managed to easily hold their own, able to ruin yet more of the weakened Ylisse militia as they fled.

Indeed, the capital remained safe, but the battle as a whole seemed to be a resounding loss on this front. Many of the volunteer and even trained soldiers were lying dead or close to it in a tattered blanket of corpses upon the field. Reg's own brigade had only lost a fraction of what Ylisse had, the most downed being between Hallen and Alexandra herself.

Managing to carefully pick himself up from beneath the wounded pegasus upon him, the Ylisse Knight whipped off his helmet and reclaimed his breath. This was awful - for all they had protected, so many lives were still lost. And still, too, the threat of another raid remained for a future date. He let out a defeated hiss of exasperation - there was so much more the knight could've done, should've done...

The only thing worse was looking back up and seeing and that damned arrogant Falcon Knight Commander upon him.

"It hurts...Lord Hallen are....are you alright?" asked one of the downed Pegasus Knights as she clung to an arrow deeply lodged in her abdomen. She was bleeding profusely as she looked towards Hallen. "I'm sorry...we tried but...we....we couldn't make it to him. Lady Alexandra...was bogged down in the enemy's attempts to keep her from getting close. I tried...I tried so hard. At least the town is safe." the pegasus of hers nearby neighed loudly as men from around were shouting for medics from the walls to come and help them. A nearby soldier clung to the girl who was speaking to Hallen. "Daisy sweetheart please no! What will I tell Bill huh!? You can't die on us here! Please!" the boy shouted at her as she struggled to keep herself breathing as blood streamed from her mouth. Alexandra didn't notice not that it was her fault she was busy looking at the pegasus knights who got shot down higher in the sky. A quick check among the dead of the enemy noticed all of them were dead no captives. "Mr. Hallen I'm sorry to admit you are only known around here because of a drunken rant Lady Alexandra gave one day...but if it means something to you I'm glad you were here to help us." the girl said as she started to breath slower.