DISCORD Finding Time (Medieval Fantasy Roleplay)

• IMPORTANT NOTE: Read our Advertising Guidelines before sharing links OR sharing your Discord information. Always be careful about previewing communities and be smart about internet safety!

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

LeLe

Edgebabby
Original poster
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
Online Availability
No life.
Writing Levels
  1. Prestige
  2. Douche
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Fantasy or futuristic modern.
Hii~

I'm kinda bad at explaining these kinda things so it's probably gonna be a jumbled mess so prepare yourself. Before I get too far in I have to say, I prefer to move onto discord and set up a server there to organize. It's still gonna be one on one, I just find it more comfortable and easy to manage, plus I'm new and it takes me forever to figure out/find what I'm looking for.

Another thing is that I'm illustrating a few of the characters, so either be all in or all out. I can't draw partners characters forever after all. For this reason I'll probably only pick people who really stick out to me the earliest; no offense to anyone else.

Good grammar is a big need for me, and I'm gonna correct you a lot and I want you to correct me a lot. >3>

I like to pick on my friends, you can pick on me back but don't yell at me cuz I warned you beforehand. >,3,>

Now here's the tiiiny bit of structure I have for this world. Sooorry, but I'm a slowpoke. Feel free to help with any of my structuring.

Your character can be of 5 races so far (feel free to come up with/bring more to the table, but be ready to fix up a kingdom for them uwu), Wolvar (wolf dudes), Kithrie (cat dudes), there's lizard dudes I haven't really named yet cuz theres a buncha different ones like lava lizards, water lizards and so on. The next is a bird race with no name for the same reason. The laaaast is human. Shocked? I personally like the Wolvar uwu (don't judge me).

So, I kinda have to leave my partners in the dark for a lot of the story cuz I'm a nerd and want genuine reactions outta them. Buuut, the primary ways of fighting are melee and magic. Melee fighters I haven't put much work into yet cuz I've been working on magic and drawing characters too much (>3>). So far I have melee fighters keeping up with mages by training under something called a War God, which can bless you with a special ability after you say an incantation for their favor. The three war gods (of which I also have no names for yet >3>) can bless you with either Steelskin, Super Speed and Super strength. Feel free to add onto or suggest new things for this system (cuz I'm stiiill working on magic. Bite me). A little more on melee fighters after I tell a little about magic so everything makes sense.

So, a mage's mana pool is based on how early they start learning magic, and on how much the practice/use magic. Some characters will blast all their mana out in one go before bed to both help them sleep and to grow their pool, but that can also leave them vulnerable if they are ambushed or something. If a mage starts learning early enough, they may get the ability to cast without incantations. This can be very powerful if the mage gets really deep into the knowledge of magic. Now the really rare cases are what I've titled Freeform Casters. Freeform Casters will always also be incantationless casters. I suck at explaining these too, so I'm gonna do it like a freak. So a regular mage wants to start a fire. So they'll cast a low level fire spell and use as little mana as possible, hoping they don't blow anything up by accident, right? A Freeform Caster is a little more... Freeform. They could simply form some fire in their hands, maybe even just a tiny little ball of it, to start the fire without the use of a spell. In case that sucked, another way to say it is a Freeform Caster can use magic without the restrictions of a spell; They just mess with the elements however they want. A regular mage will be restricted to a spell, and stuck with whatever the spell is supposed to do with no leeway.

Now back to melee fighters. There's a magic stone called a Galanstone that will allow a fighter to use one type of magic if they remember the incantation for it. This stone has its own mana pool, but once it runs out it will break. Galanstones are rare and charged ones are even rarer, as they can only be charged by a Freeform Caster, and Freeform Casters are rare typically pretty secretive.

Now I'll actually get into the story somewhat (I don't wanna spoil anything after all).

The story starts with a Princess named Lilith, who really doesn't wanna be queen. Her sister is older than her, so she feels like she should take the burden off of her shoulders. Her sister even wants to be Queen, and is frustrated Lilith has been placed above her. So, the genius Lilith decides she'll run away to do what she really wants; to be an adventurer! Before she can set out her plan, though, she'd fall into what would be found out to be a magically induced coma. This would puzzle everybody, as she's pretty isolated from others. Suspecting foul play, the King would hire a highly honored knight from another kingdom. This where your character comes in. The Wolvar are from the Kingdom of Ice (that I haven't named), the Lizard dudes are from the Kingdom of Magma (that I haven't named), the bird dudes are from a place I can't say because of spoilers uwu (AND BECAUSE I HAVENT NAMED IT BAHAHA), and humans I haven't even given a region yet! I'm truly lazy and evil.

Now regardless of the race you pick, your character will be reliably unlucky. Think, your phone going off right when you start doing the dishes, or COD timing, or just plain hoping for something and getting the exact opposite. Another result of his luck is he didn't ever really want to be a knight, but his brother lost his arm so he had to take the mantle. Theeen he happened to become a highly honored knight in his kingdom. This has lore, buuut... You don't get to have it until later. Starve. uwu

If you're interested, yell at me! Ask me a billion questions as well because my memory SUCKS and I probably forgot a bunch of important things! Also don't forget, be all in or all out! Either you want this really really bad, or not at all! No in betweens allowed! >: (