Finding Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh, my apologies I thought you were someone else. Well I could always bring you something, Sayuri."

Goru stepped back a bit when she looked at him with those eyes that made his heart rush.

I'm so fragile around her, I feel like a little boy again.

"Ah, please dont-!" Luckily she let his hand go quickly. Goru exhaled, relieved. He smiled coyly at her, "Certainly, I'd love to show you around our castle! This way." He led her through the great corridors, the chapel with it's beautiful stained glass, the golden throne room, the main dining hall where servants were already setting up for the massive feast in celebration of the Prince's birthday. Then he led her to the gardens, "This is one of my favorite places, see over there," He pointed, "Is the hedgemaze, lots of fun if I don't cheat and fly." He managed a laugh, something he hadn't done in a while. He caught himself during it and glanced at Sayuri then at the nearby roses, embarrassed.

Sayuri giggled at Goru's sudden excitement to show her around the castle. She followed closely behind him as she gawked at the beautiful structure of the castle. When they reached the garden she couldn't help, but become giddy. She ran her fingers across the shrubs and bushes as they walked. " It's very beautiful....I love plants.."

She walked over to the roses and gently rubbed the petals in between her fingers. A soft breeze came through the maze. She lifted her head so that the wind could blow through her hair. As she was enjoying the peace a loud angry sounding roar came from the castle shattering her peaceful moment. She looked down and let out a sigh. " You should probably take me back...." She leaned down and plucked up a rose. " Don't worry about getting in trouble though...I have an idea. "

"Yes, it's gorgeous. Such a thing of beauty shouldn't be locked away for one man who doesn't deserve it." Goru tried not to look at Sayuri as he spoke.

Real smooth...

He breathed deeply as the soft breeze reached him. The combined scent of the garden wafted over him and for once in his life, he felt at peace. He turned his head at the deafening roar and sighed, "I suppose you're right. Although...it does sound like they might be fighting again."
He perked his ears and cocked his head, much like his crow form. His eyes stared blankly ahead, then he returned to normal, "At the moment, I think they're fighting. Not for long though."
"Oh, what idea do you have, lovely-I mean, Sayuri."

Dammit! Why did I have to slip up now, I had been doing so well.

He cleared his throat and tried to smile innocently at her, "Sorry I'm a bit congested, you know."

Sayuri lowered her gaze at Goru. He was getting on her nerves with all the attempts at hiding compliments, but that wasn't what bothered her the most. He was starting to like her more than a friend far to quickly. She of course would never state that. He seemed incredibly sensitive. She let out a sigh and looked toward him with a tired look. She tilted her head a bit then turned her gaze to the castle. Which a chair had just flew out of.

" That is for me to know and you to find out. Alright?"She smiled once more then looked down at the rose. " Now take me back...I'm afraid if I try to myself I will get lost. "

Goru felt nervous when Sayuri lowered her gaze at him.

What is she think going about?

She seemed annoyed at him, "Sorry, I... I'm can be really awkward if you haven't found that out."

He smiled a bit when she answered his question, "Alright, fair enough. And yes it can be a bit of a labyrinth out here." He started back towards the castle, weaving through the many flower beds and high hedges that divided the gardens into living hallways.

The sun hung high over the mirror sea, and the two reached the castle. They strolled down the white and blue marble halls, "There might still be guests roaming about. Just a warning."

Sayuri followed closely behind Goru so she would not get lost. She was having incredible difficulty walking in the dress and she feared that if she fell behind he may accidentally leave her. When they came into the palace she looked around once more admiring the architecture and nodding every once in a while when Goru talked so he knew she was sort of listening. When he mentioned guests Sayuri shuddered. " Well I suppose that I will have to deal with them. Won't I? " She smiled up at Goru once more.

Status
Not open for further replies.