Finding Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
" Yeah, I am fine...are you going to stand out there all day?" Sayuri took a step out from behind the door and leaned forward so she could see his face. He looked rather worried. She closed her eyes for a moment " Don't worry about me I will be fine. " With that she turned on her heel and made her way back into her room. She immediately went to the window and sat down staring out in the direction she thought the tunnel was in.

She let out a soft sigh and tucked her fingers behind her ear. She then turned to Goru and lowered her gaze at him " Why are you so nice to me. You just met me. " Sayuri was never one to like people too quickly. She stared at him curiously. She porbably shouldn't be mean to him, but with what she had been thorugh the past few hours made her not what to trust any one.

"Sorry, ma'ame I'm just just used to...acting like this I guess." He stood awkwardly outside of the door for a few moments and then gave in. He came into the room and looked around.
"Atleast it's kind of nice."

What am I saying, I'm diffusing the situation. Think, man.

"We could convince them that you're not human. Maybe, some kind of curse or witch. We have to make them want to be as far from you as possible. Without wanting to kill you."

He paused thoughtfully at her question. "I um."

I think I like you.

"I don't know. I'm just a helpful person."

Sayuri stared at Goru with a rather annoyed look. One of her eyebrows was slightly cocked as she stared at him. It was obvious he was lieing, but she decided not to push the matter. She sighed and looked out the window and spoke softly " I don't need a curse or to be a witch I can run him off just fine."

She turned and smiled genuinely at Goru. He was a nice man and she did like him, but she preferred things to go slow and steadily. He seemed to be getting to like her rather quickly which was Okay, but a little strange. I suppose I am the only human he has been around though.

Sayuri slowly got up from her chair and began to walk around the room curiously. Her feet made a soft slapping sound as they hit the cold marble floor. She ccouldn't walk in heels and they did not have any flats in that god forsaken closet.

She looked to the door as the sounds of footsteps got closer. She tensed up. She had a feeling she knew who it was.

Goru shrugged and leaned against the closed door. She was probably right. Or maybe she just wanted to keep as much of her human side as possible. He watched her pace around the room.
"I think they're going to be calling us back down for dinner soon. Will you be okay? I don't know how close I'll be able to get."

He rubbed his face thoughtfully and because of tiredness, having not slept for the past 18 hours due to castle maintenance and duties.

He froze when we heard the footsteps, looked at Sayuri with wide eyes. Then over to the door. There was a loud rapping and an elderly voice called out, "Mi'lady are you decent?"

Sayuri looked at Goru confused for a moment then walked over to the foor and peeked her head out. " Y-yeah....but I can't want in any of the shoes.....I'll fall. " She grumbled the very last part the pulled open the door the rest of the way. She was happy to see the older woman. She looks human....was she trapped here too?

Sayuri smiled at the woman nervously. " I am not hungry, so I will stay in here...." Even if the woman insisted on her coming, Sayuri had no intention of doing such things. She intended to be as difficult as possible. As long has her actions didn't hurt anyone else. She rubbed the back of her head gently and then walked back over to her bed and sat. " Besides...what if this places food kills me or something. No one else here is human, so the food isn't made for my kind." It was probably a lame excuse, but that didn't matter.

Goru listened at the women's conversation, staying just out of sight. Madame Haji snorted, "Sorry, miss. That wasn't a request."
Goru gulped, hiding in the corner behind the stand-up dresser.
Haji pierced her with her dark eyes. Goru stayed motionless, trying not to breath.

Sayuri stared at the now rather rude woman. She met her gaze with just as much anger and then stood up. " You can tell the prince that I will NOT be coming. Now leave. " She slowly stood and walked over to the woman unaffraid of what she may do. She then placed her hand on the womans chest and pushed him out of the room. After which she shut the door and sat down on her bed.

She crossed her over her chest stubbornly. " I am not going to eat with the disgusting man and his father. " Sayuri turned her gaze over to Goru and cocked her eyebrow then tilted her head to the left. " Are you afraid of that old hag?"

She sighed softly and the fell back on the bed and stared up at the ceiling. She rubbed nervously at her wrist waiting for someone to burst through the doors, but she knew fully well the servants wouldn't hurt her..right?

When Sayuri pushed Madame Haji out of the room and shut the shut the door behind her, Goru winced and a look of utter shock covered face.
"Y-y-you... "
When she questioned him, he tried to regain some fragment of composure. He walked towards the center of the room and stared at the door. " How did you do that? "

He turned to her and blushed, she was laying on the bed. He looked away quickly. "We should get out of this room, they'll be coming soon and the Prince will be very distraught, he might even try to... eat me!" He gulped and pulled on his collar.

"I've never met anyone like you. You're so... different. "
He hazarded a glance at her, his milky white eyes betraying a hint of adoration.

When Sayuri pushed Madame Haji out of the room and shut the shut the door behind her, Goru winced and a look of utter shock covered face.
"Y-y-you... "
When she questioned him, he tried to regain some fragment of composure. He walked towards the center of the room and stared at the door. " How did you do that? "

He turned to her and blushed, she was laying on the bed. He looked away quickly. "We should get out of this room, they'll be coming soon and the Prince will be very distraught, he might even try to... eat me!" He gulped and pulled on his collar.

"I've never met anyone like you. You're so... different. "
He hazarded a glance at her, his milky white eyes betraying a hint of adoration.

Sayuri sat up and stared at him a little confused. She tilted her head to the side and stared at him " What do you mean How did I do that? " She was little confused by his reaction. Why is a man afraid of a tiny old woman? She rubbed the back of her head then walked over to the window again. She listened to Goru's voice as he spoke. She could hear the shakiness in his voice.

She giggled when Goru mentioned being eaten. She looked over to him a sad smile on her face. " If we leave you will be eaten. "
As if on cue the Prince burst angrily through the door. Sayuri turned and stared angrily at the man who had managed to make her loathe him in a matter of seconds. " I said I wasn't hungry. "

Goru frowned slightly at what she said, "This is true."
When the door burst open, Goru prostrated himself on the carpet before the Prince, "My leige neither I nor the Madame could make her come! A thousand apologies! "

The Prince smirked and stomped right next to Goru's head, who flinched. Then he turned his attention to Sayuri, smiling and drinking in every inch of her with those eyes. Goru glanced over his arm and his skin crawled when the Prince stepped right up next to Sayuri, pressing himself lightly against her. "Dear, you should really come down for dinner. You're looking quite lovely, tonight. You never told me your name."

Sayuri placed her hand against the mans chest and stared seductively at him " My name is Sayuri my love" her expression and tone gradually turned to one of hate as she spoke. After she was done speaking she shoved past him and moved over to Goru. She glanced down at him to see if he was alright. She was a little upset that he threw her under the bus, but knew if he hadn't he probably would have died.

She turned and stared at the man with an angry look. " I will not, nor will I ever dine with you. A man like you will never gain my love nor appreciation." She stared at him her arms crossed over her chest. Sayuri stared at him with a challenging look. After a few seconds she lifted up her hands and dismissed him. After which she turned to Goru. " You are dismissed I won't need anymore help tonight" She gave Goru a small wink so he would know she was doing this for his sake. She didn't want to get him into any trouble and the only way she could think to do that was to treat him as poorly as possible.

Goru couldn't help but smile a little when Sayuri pushed past the Prince and shut him down. The man's face became bitter and angry, and Goru worried that he might hurt or kill them.
At her order, Goru got up and bowed deeply, exiting the room and turning left to head towards the kitchen.

The Prince was trying to contain himself, he wasn't very good at it. He picked up the white wooden vanity and smashed it against the ground, breaking it to bits. He kicked one of the bed posts so that the top of the bed collapsed onto the sheets. His fists were balled tightly, then he let them go. Smiling sweetly at Sayuri, "Good night, my love."

Sayuri glared as the man walked out then pushed the door shut behind him. She let out a frustrated scream then made her way over to the bed that was now covered in wood. " How in the hell am I supposed to sleep. " she grumbled under her breath. Deciding the only way to go to sleep was if she moved the broken pieces off of it.

Sayuri went to her closet and looked for a pair of sweatpants, but all she found was silk pajamas. She grabbed the pajamas and slid out of the dress. After which she pulled the silk pajamas on. She moved over to the bed and began pulling huge chuck of wood off. Soon she came to the final piece and tried to pull it off, unfortunately it was to heavy for her to lift. Not wanting to bother anyone else she crawled up on the bed and laid around the wood. She then slowly drifted off to sleep.

Goru stood in formation with the other servants that lined the walls of the great hall. Only a single, white and red long table was in the center. The piece stretched one hundred feet across, the King on one side, the large queen on the other, and the Prince in the center.

The weight of the massive meal made the table creak, it was overloaded with venison, pork, meet, apples, vegetables, great displays and cornucopias.

The royal family ate in silence.
"Dear, why isn't your fiancé here yet?" asked the queen, grabbing another drum leg. She wore a deep purple dress and her brown hair was cut short do to it being caught on fire by a previously unruly servant.

"She would not come."
"Oh. "
He pounced the table with his first, sending potatoes flying in O the floor. The servants collectively jumped. It was a trained facade to make the Prince let physically violent.

The family finished their dinner and the servants set to disposing of most of the table that they had not consumed.

What a waste.

Some of the more cunning servants like Goru stole as much food as they could and stored it in little hideouts. Goru went to the dark and cramped communal servants quarters, bade his friends Goodnight, and went to sleep.

It seemed like Sayuri had only been asleep for a few moments when morning came. She let out a soft sigh and sat up groaning. She rubbed at her eyes gently. A soft yawn escaped her lips as she streched out. She swung her legs over the side of the bed and hopped off landing gracefully on the floor. She slowly made her way over to the closet when she changed into a red dress. It was her favorite color, but it was better than her other options some of the dresses were completely see through.

A grummble came from her stomach and it was then that she realized the she had not eaten since dinner two nights ago. She made an uncomfortable whimper then did her best to tighten on the dress. It wasn't to big for her, but it was the kind with the ties in the back that she always had trouble with. after she was done getting dresss she went to the door where she found a box full of flat shoes. On the box it said From your lover.

Sayrui nearly vommited in her mouth at the thought, but she did need shoes. She slowly pulled on a pair of black flats then peeked out of her room. After seeing no one she began wondering around the castle.

305465_1318070862531_500_347.jpg

The Dress.

Goru awakened with the rest of the staff. He yawned and rubbed his eyes. He quickly dressed himself in his crisp white butlering suit and exited the sleeping quarters.

I wonder how Sayuri is doing. I'll see if I can check up on her after my rounds.

He sifted through the great cavernous halls, nodding whenever he passed a fellow servant.
"Heh, Goru. " Trina blushed at him, flicking her long red bang out of her soft, slightly tanned face. The rest of her hair was shirt, and her short skirted maid outfit fit her quite tightly. Goru blushed," Fine morning we have. "
She hummed softly," We should...meet up a little later. What do you think? "

"Perhaps... Um, I shall certainly think about it." He she I ended his face from her and continued walking. He reached a wide window and cranked it open. He stood on the ledge, the high winds whipping his suit and hair back and forth. He closed his eyes and jumped, exploding into a flurry of feathering and emerging in raven form.

He pulled up and circled the castle.

As Sayuri was walking around the castle she saw Goru and was about to go up and speak to him when all of the sudden a rather skimpy looking woman came up and spoke to him. She listened to their exchange and became rather enraged. She couldn't quite put a finger on why though. Instead of running up and yelling she quietly turned and went the other way.

She began looking around for the kitchen. She may have been a smaller girl, but she most certainly loved food. As she watched she listened to the shuffles of servants feet not paying attention to where she was going. Her stomach began to grumble. She bit down on her bottom lip to distract herself from the hunger. She began to walk faster hoping that her nose would lead her to the kitchen.

She eventually picked up on a scent and followed it. As she rounded a corner though she ran straight into someone with a firm, flat chest.

After Goru had finished his rounds circling high above the castle. He descended, flying next to the same window, shedding his feathers, and landing in his white suited human form on the window sill. He adjusted his jacket as he walked hastily down the winding corridors, checking the status of statues, ensuring the maids were cleaning and the butlers were serving the family and any guests that they might have at the moment.
His head was lowered, calculating how much they would have to prepare for tonight's meal. For many guests were coming to celebrate the Prince's birthday.

He mumbled to himself, "The Duke and Duchess, Baron and-" Something hit his chest and he looked up quickly. He automatically bowed deeply, not lookin up, "My apologies, m'lady. I was be absentminded-." He looked up to see Sayuri's beatuiful figure before him and he snapped upright quickly. "Oh. Hello there. Sleep well?" His face felt hot and he pulled at his suddenly chaffing collar. "Breakfast is ready in the main hall if you so desire to dine. I could bring you something as well. There are a few guests there in preparation for the celebration, so the Prince will most likely be tame."

He caught he eyes wandering along her and he quickly snapped them back to her face.

Goru, what's gotten in to you...you're acting like the Prince.

Sayuri stared curiously at Goru then giggled at him when he bowed. " Seriously, don't bow to me. " She gently grabbed at her hair then took a step backward to add some space between the two. " I am really hungry, but I'd rather not go see him. " she paused for a moment thoughtfully then looked back up at Goru with large pleading eyes.

" Show me around the castle so I know how to get around and avoid him. " She gently grabbed Goru's hand and held it between hers hoping to make him more nervous so he would say yes. It was rather mean of her to do, but she could not take the chance of the young man saying no. She let his hand drop after a moment just in case the frustrating prince showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.