Favorite video games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No-one has answered with Half Life 2 yet.

You're all plebs.
HL2 is overrated as fuck. 8/10 at best.

Deal with it.

• Love
Reactions: Darog and Brovo
I have to say that there is no game like World of Warcraft, best simulator of virtual life without actually simulating anything. So much nostalgy... So many good memories...

No-one has answered with Half Life 2 yet.

You're all plebs.

I think this thread is actually for good games.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Your pain MAY have just confirmed Half Life 3.
I hope not. I enjoy the angst-filled tears of Half Life fans clamoring for a third game.

My games:

Elder Scrolls: Morrowind ~ It doesn't matter where I'm at, this game beats all in my opinion and I'd play it over Skyrim any day. And I LIKE Skyrim. I can easily estimate that at LEAST 5,000 hours of this game has been played and if I had to choose between this game and food if I was starving to death and on an island that shockingly has a working PC on it... I'd still go for the food but it'd at least take me an hour to actually make that decision. Best game EVER.

Age of Mythology ~ I love this strategy game as well. As a child I loved Greek and Egyptian mythology and, while this game isn't the best representation of it, I loved to play this game. Great strategy game, good and easy to follow campaign and to top it all off you fucked people over with an endless horde of mythological monsters.

Dungeons and Dragons: Heroes ~ My favorite Xbox game, I loved playing it's campaign and loved playing with my friends... however as a child I also did easily abuse it's system to the point where I could kill even the toughest bosses in the hardest level setting with just one hit, making me feel like an overpowered god above men and as a child that shit was interesting and fun. To get to that point though was more fun since it was challenging and I had to pay attention of what I was doing and how many "anks of rejuvenation" I had left and how careful I needed to be in the game.

Halo 1 & 2 ~ The only Halo games that I did play, and honestly I was good at them but I also loved to play against my friends when I was younger. Sadly I came from a poor family and usually didn't get much so after I got my Xbox these are one of the main games I played. Sadly I never got to upgrade to Xbox360 or even Xbox one and eventually my old ass Xbox broke after my little brother decided to break it out of anger and envy of me. I still loved kicking my friend's asses in this game and playing the campaign.

Warcraft 3 ~ Not really because I liked the campaign or the game itself as much as I liked it's world-building stuff. I even managed to create my own campaign where I played Dragons as a race instead of nightelf, human, undead or orc so that's probably why it's even on the list now lol.

Divinity: Dragon Knight Saga ~ I never got too far in the game, it strangely has a lot of bugs, one of which being you needing to kill a nearly impossible to kill boss but in the end this game does get on my list. Not because it's a great game, not because it's completely bad-ass and addictivele fun... It's because the concept of the game itself was great and had you play as a Dragon in a rather interesting way that I liked. So I'm just adding it to give it at least some props.​

Reactions: Rainjay
Half Life 1 revolutionized the FPS genre and spawned some of the most active mod communities of all time. Half Life 2 was less of everything but gave us a sweet new engine. Half Life was one of the best games of all time. Half Life two was a techdemo.

Reactions: Jorick
To its credit though, Half-Life 2 was a really fun tech demo, and I really was blown away by a real, honest to goodness physics engine.

Plus...

Ravenholm_view.jpg

Nobody goes to Ravenholm...

I have a pretty long list of favourite games...

Assassin's Creed:
  • Black Flag - My first ever AC game. Although a bit late into series, it was a great introduction nonetheless. Go Edward Kenway!
  • Unity
Call of Duty:
  • Modern Warfare 2
  • Black Ops II
  • Advanced Warfare
  • World at War
  • Modern Warfare
  • Black Ops
  • Modern Warfare 3
Skyrim
Saints Row: The Third
Dynasty Warriors; 7 & 8
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney series
Mario Party; 1, 4, 5 and 8
Hitman Absolution
Tekken; Tag Tournament & 6
SoulCalibur; II, III and IV
The Last of Us
Star Wars Battlefront II
Watch Dogs
inFAMOUS Second Son
The Sims; Bustin' Out & 3

RuneScape - As a child, I used to be addicted to this game. I used to spend hours after school grinding and hanging out with friends on there. To be honest, it was and still is the greatest MMORPG, in my opinion, even though I don't play it any more.

...Will probably add to this list! ^^;

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a pretty standard Nintendo kid... The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon, Super Mario, Metroid, Pikmin, that sort of thing. I'm also hugely into the Souls series (Demon's/Dark).

Reactions: iMisterH
Yes! Someone else who likes the Soul series. My favorite has to be three.
SoulCalibur > Tekken, in my opinion.

I like II the best because of Weapon Master mode, but III is awesome too! I love the Chronicles of the Sword mode; makes you play strategically.

Fallout: New Vegas. Frickin' love it. Sure, it's Oblivion with guns. But that's exactly what I like about it (I picked up the game after a friend described it as "Elder Scrolls meets Bioshock", I wasn't disappointed).

Reactions: The Ghost Note
Fallout: New Vegas. Frickin' love it. Sure, it's Oblivion with guns. But that's exactly what I like about it (I picked up the game after a friend described it as "Elder Scrolls meets Bioshock", I wasn't disappointed).
Ave, true to Caesar.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Legend of Dragoon. PS1 game that's on PSN now. Amazing game, my favourite ever. And it's not even nostalgia talking, replayed it all the way through last year and still loved it.

Dark Souls. Absolutely amazing game. It's combat system is the best I've ever played with ease.

Dargon Age Inquisition. Best game this year I've played.

Status
Not open for further replies.