Favorite video games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Dragon's Dogma?
Oh come on, it was a fun game.

Uncharted 2 was pretty great. 3 was more just gameplay and addiction to adventure issues.

I'm in love with FFXIV. Sure, maybe it's subscribe to play, but it's worth it.

Soul Edge felt alot less stressful than it's Calibur children, so I honestly prefer it.

....Parasite eve 1 stuck well with me too. I have the original version. Multiple CD's for the win! Screw DLC!

And I enjoy From Software Souls. I'll occasionally play and replay Demon's Souls. Dark souls is Occasional since I have the PC version. >.>

And tbh I loved Skyward Sword, why people complain about the innovation is beyond me.

And every Main Series Fire Emblem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Darog
Oh, know what's really fun? Touhou!

There's no better feeling than pouNDING MAMIZOU'S FUGKIN SMUG FAEC IN~

20ivyfn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ser K+
....Parasite eve 1 stuck well with me too. I have the original version. Multiple CD's for the win! Screw DLC!
My favorite LPer (HCBailly) just started an LP of this game, actually!
He timed it really well, heh.
It looks pretty interesting so far.

I have a bunch of favorites, but I can conclusively say that the Last of Us is number one.
The gameplay, storytelling, pace, everything about that game is perfect. I cannot think of a single thing about the game I dislike. If I thought really hard maybe I could come up with something that kind of annoyed me, but that's not a subject worth thinking about, is it?
Even its few glitches are harmless and usually hilarious.
Case in point:

An easy second is Transistor. While short, it has amazing replayability, incredible depth and customizability, top-notch writing, absolutely beautiful art, and a deep and complex story.

After those two, I can't decide on an order, but all of these games are on my list:
Final Fantasy VI (Best Final Fantasy game, by far, and I'm a jrpg guy).
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Despite the boss fights, it's an excellent combination of stealth, RPG, and shooter, and I adore cyberpunk).
Bravely Default: Where the Fairy Flies / Flying Fairy (Even with the filler chapters, the battle mechanics are stellar and it has a ton of replayability).
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Only the PC version, though; the game has such a huge modding scene and that's my favorite part).
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (D20 system. Written by Drew Karpyhsyn. That's enough said).
Mass Effect 2 (See above about Drew Karpyshyn).
Fire Emblem Awakening/Radiant Dawn (I love Fire Emblem but I can't decide between these two as my favorite in the series).
Borderlands 2: (Gaige/10)
Bioshock Infinite ([insert blurb about story and how great of a character Elizabeth is])
Ohmigod. Forgot about TLOU for a moment. I've never played but I still absolutely adore it!

Gears of War 3 - I loved the entire Gears of War series, and 3 had to be the best one in terms of gameplay. Hell, I still play it online to this day.

Timesplitters 2 & Future Perfect - Two of the best FPS games I ever played. They're just fun, stupid fun. But they both had gameplay that was entertaining, and plenty of modes so that it barely got old. Oh yeah, it had a mapmaker that put Halo to shame.

Gmod - Just Gmod. It's so interesting seeing what programmers put their heads together to make. My favorite game to play is Trouble in Terrorist Town.

Transistor - For the love of God, this game is so great. The visuals and art style is just so good that I played through it twice just to look at it. The soundtrack was also pretty solid. The story was where the game was really lacking, but the gameplay also made up for it.

Mass Effect series - Now, while three had a terrible ending, I loved the entire Mass Effect series, it has a universe that rivals even Star Wars. I loved the story and writing all the way up to the ending of the third game... yeah, they could have done that better. BUT, everything leading up to that was solid. The universe was great, the characters were great, the gameplay (Of 2 & 3) were great. I can't wait to see where they take the universe next.

The original three Spyro The Dragon games - It might be nostalgia, and the fact that I long for platformer games to take the spotlight again, but the first three Spyro the Dragon games were the shit. I loved all of them. The games were so much fun, and they had pretty cool level designs (Essential for any platformer games).

Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 - This goes without saying that these two games are my favorite from the PS2 era. They just had such a great story and were so much fun to play through my favorite disney movies with a twist. While they went off course haaaaaaaaaaaaaaard with the spin offs (and pretty much overcomplicating something something) I can't wait for the third game to end the series.

Oddworld (Abe's Exoddus, Stranger's Wrath) - These games are still a blast from the past that I hold dear to this day. These games had some pretty unique worlds and creature designs. But the main draw was how much fun the gameplay was. Even though I died... a lot. lol

Armored Core 4 & For Answer - Two of the best mech games I've ever played. I loved them for their high-speed robot combat and customization. The fights against the bosses and other Robots are the best part of the game (Especially the Mutant Core fight in 4). If these games were more polished, they could easily become A-list games. You might also see me quoting Armored Core from time to time.

The ME games are all pretty amazing. Although I did hate the ending (although in some ways it does kind of make sense to me?). But my god, getting into the gameplay and combat is so hard (at least for me). It's so impossible X_X

Reactions: Valentyne
I have a pretty long list of favourite games...

Assassin's Creed:
  • Black Flag - My first ever AC game. Although a bit late into series, it was a great introduction nonetheless. Go Edward Kenway!
  • Unity
Call of Duty:
  • Modern Warfare 2
  • Black Ops II
  • Advanced Warfare
  • World at War
  • Modern Warfare
  • Black Ops
  • Modern Warfare 3
Skyrim
Saints Row: The Third
Dynasty Warriors; 7 & 8
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney series
Mario Party; 1, 4, 5 and 8
Hitman Absolution
Tekken; Tag Tournament & 6
SoulCalibur; II, III and IV
The Last of Us
Star Wars Battlefront II

RuneScape - As a child, I used to be addicted to this game. I used to spend hours after school grinding and hanging out with friends on there. To be honest, it was and still is the greatest MMORPG, in my opinion, even though I don't play it any more.

...Will probably add to this list! ^^;
Runescape in my opinion was great. Obsessed as a kid, only game I really played. But with all the changes, it's like, something else entirely. Wanna-be WOW or something, IMO.

Reactions: iMisterH
The Legend of Dragoon. PS1 game that's on PSN now. Amazing game, my favourite ever. And it's not even nostalgia talking, replayed it all the way through last year and still loved it.

Dark Souls. Absolutely amazing game. It's combat system is the best I've ever played with ease.

Dargon Age Inquisition. Best game this year I've played.
Is it better than Origins?

The second was only good enough for one playthrough imo. It repeated a lot of the dungeons and could get repetitive. It was the story that pulled you through the first time. And it should be cheap by now. Inquisition is really good and worth the price though.

Reactions: Rainjay
The second was only good enough for one playthrough imo. It repeated a lot of the dungeons and could get repetitive. It was the story that pulled you through the first time. And it should be cheap by now. Inquisition is really good and worth the price though.
Cool. Thanks!

Dragon Age Origins; Dragon Age 2; Dragon Age: Inquisition
Mass Effect; Mass Effect 2; Mass Effect 3
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare; Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3; Call of Duty: World at War; Call of Duty: Black Ops; Call of Duty Black Ops 2; Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Battlefield Bad Company; Battlefield Bad Company 2; Battlefield 3; Battlefield 4
Assassin's Creed; Assassin's Creed 2; Assassin's Creed 3; Assassin's Creed Black Flag; Assassin's Creed Unity
Skyrim
Hitman: Blood Money; Hitman Absolution
Halo 2; Halo ODST; Halo 3; Halo Reach; Halo 4
The Last of Us
Star Wars Battlefront II
Fallcry 2; Fallcry 3; Fallcry 4
Watch_Dogs
Fallout 3; Fallout New Vegas
Roller Coaster Tycoon; Roller Coaster Tycoon 2; Roller Coaster Tycoon 3
Sid Meier's Civilization V
Left 4 Dead; Left 4 Dead 2
Hearts of Iron 3
Rome Total War; Empire Total War; Total War Shogun 2
Simcity 4
Sims 2; Sims 3
Telltale's Walking Dead Season 1; Telltale's Walking Dead Season 2

Runescape in my opinion was great. Obsessed as a kid, only game I really played. But with all the changes, it's like, something else entirely. Wanna-be WOW or something, IMO.
Yeah, I definitely miss the good ol' days of RuneScape. I wouldn't say I am a veteran, but I did start playing back in 2006 when it was really simple and fun. I met so many friends on there, too.

Reactions: Rainjay
+ The Walking Dead
tumblr_ncxeshoDHY1tl1chqo2_250.gif

The feels v.v, the feels were everywhere.

+ Skyrim

tumblr_n41wpt1XrH1tndvj5o1_500.gif

+ The Last of Us

tumblr_n50jazKZTH1txj8weo1_500.gif

Then there's also Persona 3 Portable and Pokemon HeartGold and Platinum <3

In terms of video games with good graphics and great gameplay, my favorites would be inFAMOUS second son and The Last of Us.

But my all-time favorite would have to be Ace combat 5: The Unsung War. Its epic storyline, soundtrack and enlightening characters are the key elements that made this PS2 game an unforgettable one.

In terms of video games with good graphics and great gameplay, my favorites would be inFAMOUS second son and The Last of Us.

But my all-time favorite would have to be Ace combat 5: The Unsung War. Its epic storyline, soundtrack and enlightening characters are the key elements that made this PS2 game an unforgettable one.
I love ace combat

You, I like

No Resident Evil fans out there?

I'm guessing after the first and probably when nemesis came out, everyone lost interest because the 'horror' aspect of the game had gone with the wind? It always seems to be the problem with everyone who played RE. I still enjoy it though despite feeling like I'm playing call of duty Zombie version xD

With that being said, I'm into all things horror. Enjoyed The Evil Within and nearly got a multiple heart attacks trying out that new Silent Hill game that's going to come out.
Debating whether I'm going to get Silent hill since it was scary as fuck xD lol God, I feel like it's going to take me years to finish that game if I decide to get it TAT

Reactions: The Ghost Note
No Resident Evil fans out there?

I'm guessing after the first and probably when nemesis came out, everyone lost interest because the 'horror' aspect of the game had gone with the wind? It always seems to be the problem with everyone who played RE. I still enjoy it though despite feeling like I'm playing call of duty Zombie version xD

With that being said, I'm into all things horror. Enjoyed The Evil Within and nearly got a multiple heart attacks trying out that new Silent Hill game that's going to come out.
Debating whether I'm going to get Silent hill since it was scary as fuck xD lol God, I feel like it's going to take me years to finish that game if I decide to get it TAT
I've played Resident Evil 5 and I enjoyed it a lot! It's the only RE game that I've played, though. I'm not a fan of horror games as I get scared really easily by jump scares. I just can't can't can't play them; alone or with other people. However, watching others play them is entertaining.

I've played Resident Evil 5 and I enjoyed it a lot! It's the only RE game that I've played, though. I'm not a fan of horror games as I get scared really easily by jump scares. I just can't can't can't play them; alone or with other people. However, watching others play them is entertaining.
If you liked Resident evil 5 you'll love RE 6. Pretty much the same thing (all action) but you have multiple pairs/back stories to choose from. You should try it, I don't recall any jump scares so you are safe. You remind me of my friend, he sat behind a computer screen watching an entire gameplay of The Evil Within. He rather watch it by himself then watch me play it cus his shrieks of horror are too embarrassing...or so he claimed xD

Reactions: iMisterH
Status
Not open for further replies.