FateGuard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't magic in LotR pretty subtle? As far as I know I never explicitly read about magic usings.

Hydro Storm could actually be explained away as weather though.

Yeah fair enough. Anywho, I finally finished the supplemental material on the Vermilion family in the group and added a side bio on Ann.

Yeah, some of the stuff in LOTR is quite subtle. The way Gandalf conducts himself is similar to what I'm thinking. A lot of the magic is just a sense of weirdness or a trippy moment or two. Basically, anyone who LOOKS at a mage casting a spell has to be able to DOUBT what they are seeing. It's all a question of faith and mindset.

The only explicit show of magic I saw was when Saruman was tossing Gandalf around, or when they showed a bit of Gandalf's Balrog fight. Also, there was the elf causing the river to flood.

I'm going to assume that Erilyn's comment is an example of good role-playing since I don't believe Ferrick and Erilyn were in a position to take notice of each other.

Dagger wound... DUHN DUHN DUHN!

Pain meds kicked in long enough to get a post out after 12 hours of laying around holding ice packs to both sidesof my jaw.

All 4 wisdom teeth gone in one day is FUN.

*Goes on an ice cream binge*

Ow. I feel for you, Orion. I got all four yanked last...August? I got lucky enough to get away with minimal pain. What did they put you on? Vicodin?

Pfft, I got my wisdom teeth pulled while I had jaw surgery- dear lord, the pain meds they had me on were awesome.

I feel for you Orion, I was so conked out, by the time my pain meds wore off, the places where the wisdom teeth were- were fine, but I had stitches all over the INSIDE OF MY MOUTH where they put anchors inside the hinges of my jaw, cut into my lower jaw to take out the growth plates, and constructed a mesh of a type of coral to soak into my bones and metal plates and screws to keep me together.

<.<;; I swear to god, it was like I was riding on unicorns for seven days- then the pain started and I was in hell.

GET BETTER SOON, ORION!

Yeah, I totally got bones removed from my head and they put me on rhinoceros endorphins and stitched my eyes shut and shit.

And here I was hoping for a clever twist...Not that I've stopped.
The smelly peasant was your clever twist.

*checks the Project Genesis handbook*

Er... I mean... HA HA! THIS IS WHAT I WANTED YOU TO THINK! Ferrick is actually a triple agent working for the King who is conspiring to take the Bishop's sceptre by causing a war between the mages and the baker's guild who have been feeding bread infected with lycanthropy to people with the albino gene in order to raise an army of telepathics!

Let's...put the PG handbook away...brings back memories I'd rather forget. >_>

.. Now Arkavenn's stuck outside and he doesn't know what the hell is going on.

Name: Kael [His last name is of a royal line but he never had the chance to learn it].

Appearance:
attachment.php

Kael is known by those around him as a constant. His fighting skills are beyond considerable and the man never seems to lose his calm. Kael has a natural affinity for helping people improve their skills, though this may come as a surprise since he is a mute.

Royal Blessing: An amulet that appears to be the emblem of the FateGuard but is different in small ways and heavily worn.

Holy Blessing:
St. Armand's Tunic - The blessed article of fabric gives the wearer the ability to see in the dark.

Magic Blessing:
Thorn of the Pilgrims - An intricate and unique bow. It is said to never miss so long as the soldier is of pure faith.

Legend: Around the dark corners of the city, it is said that the reason Kael cannot speak is because he traded a piece of his humanity to the evil that surrounds the city for his fighting skills.

Off-Duty: Kael spends his day-time hours at the city's ranches. Animals don't need conversation to function and neither does Kael. Most of the citizens who encounter the mute warrior assume him to be pretentious and this leads Kael to be withdrawn from society in general.

ACCEPTED

When Derek saw Corben reach down and place his hand around his sword, he rushed downstairs.

Holy X-ray vision batman! Derek has the ability to see through floors!

I'm going to assume Derek was on the stairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.