FateGuard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back Squee.

And yes, Bard. Every night there is a new threat. This is an episodic roleplay. We've done 6 nights already (and lost a crap-load of our friends o_o). And now the next night is approaching.

No previous plot knowledge is required.

I'll probably get the plot started this weekend.

Ah, the next night! Hope death doesn't pervade then...

@Wolfsin
- Your holy blessing has to be something given, endorsed or supplemented by the Church. Did they perform a blessing on you that allowed your voice to do what it does?
- Why does he watch other FateGuard from the shadows in his spare time?

@Bard
- There was only a specific number of FateGuard who went into the Sleeping Sepulchre. It would cause too much of a continuity error to say you were there. How about the night of the Shadow Weaver, or the night of the Dragons? Those would work fine.

@Woodrat
- Same thing with the holy blessing: the Church needs to have been involved in some way. Have they blessed your eyesight?

@RiverNotch
- Similar point. The Church needs to endorse the holy blessing. There is no way a FateGuard would be allowed to serve without a clear blessing from Church, Crown and Guild. This is the symbol of the Watchman's neutrality. I think the Old God stuff should be moved to your legend and a specific blessing from the Church chosen. And I would underplay the hostility as much as possible. You would not have become a member of the Watch if the church distrusted you.
- Your Magical Blessing is three things in one. A magician, a doctor AND a bard? You need to pick one.

@Torack
- Your Holy Blessing is cool, but I'm not sure why you've called it Bane of Light... since it actually INCREASES light. I are confoosed.
- The legend is too much. Anyone who goes beyond the wall dies, no matter how angry they are.

"- Similar point. The Church needs to endorse the holy blessing. There is no way a FateGuard would be allowed to serve without a clear blessing from Church, Crown and Guild. This is the symbol of the Watchman's neutrality. I think the Old God stuff should be moved to your legend and a specific blessing from the Church chosen. And I would underplay the hostility as much as possible. You would not have become a member of the Watch if the church distrusted you."

Alright then. Consider his faith in the Old God to be just rumors among the townsfolk (although rumors that are true, just not yet true to the eyes of the church), and his deep animosity with the church to be... well, not as deep. The church will still be a tad distrustful of him, but due to different reasons, and not enough so as to hinder his membership into the FG. I'll post his new divine blessing and new details on his relationship with the church once I've gotten some sleep.

"- Your Magical Blessing is three things in one. A magician, a doctor AND a bard? You need to pick one."

For the magician part: Well, Janus's Casterse's main asset for the FG is his skills in magic; he's pretty much useless with the sword. I can't remove this asset.
For the medicine part: I understood medicine in his case to be a form of specialization in magic, not something that was completely separate from it. An example of this would be, say, stitching up a large wound: for such a treatment to be effective, one must know how to properly stitch up a person's skin (the "medicine" part) and also how to make a good antiseptic potion to prevent infections (the "magic" part). But if you don't see it that way, then yeah, I guess I'll remove this skill.
For the bard part: What I meant by this was that he knew a few songs, a few pieces of tavern lore (epic poems, hero's tales, local legends), and that he could sing and play instruments. Nothing that's really consequential to the plot... Just a few trivial things, adding a bit of detail to the character and giving him allowance to burst into cheerful (or gloomy) song now and then. But again, if you don't see it that way, then I'm fine with removing it.

Yeah sure. Night of the Dragons.

Like I said earlier, I didn't know these previous nights were actual RPs, I thought it was just part of the story. And since my character was a member for a few years, I just chose a night. Didn't mean to try and mess anything up. :(

I don't know what happened with the bane of light thing, I guess I had a brain fart or something. As for the legend, I intended it to be more like a rumor going around the populace, but it really doesn't matter so I just changed it to something a lot more practical.

@Asmodeus

He only watches one other member and its because he has a crush. XD it was something i hinted in their to add flavor. As for the Blessing I figured it would be alright because its what I had before we did the its all a dream thing. and you approved it before. it was a gift he had for the beginning of his story when he first joined the fateguard in the maw. so is that now okay anymore?

Yeah, it should be something that the Church has an angle on. Maybe they give you a drink that stops your throat getting sore? Anything, really. Sorry it slipped through the cracks before.

@Bard - that's good. Your character is accepted

@RiverNotch - I'm really just trying to hone in on the specific blessing that the Guild gave you during your initiation. How about a spellbook? The bard stuff could be a separate part of your character, since it's not related to the Guild. So a spellbook or a channeling wand that covers healing and arcane attacks? How does that sound?

@Torack - that's good. Character accepted.

Gonna replace the Holy Blessing part with this:
On Janus's relations with the Church:
Upon his father's death, certain rumors with regards to his father's activities with rather heretical organizations were confirmed, acting negatively upon the reputation of the Casterse name to the Church. Janus, with the help of some powerful Eldritch Guild friends (naturally the Guard won't know about this, nor would most townsfolk) managed to remove this ill rapport, and in fact increase his status in the church to something rather elevated: elevated enough to merit him one of the church's Holy Blessings.
On said Holy Blessing:
Most of the methods Janus used to increase his reputation with the Church involved money; hence did the Church decide to grant him a blessing related to it. The Church gave him a golden Icon of St. George, a rather mundane little token whose primary use is granting Janus access to certain restricted grounds within the Church, such as libraries meant only for clerics. Janus, however, feels that the icon has more to it than meets the eye; by the time of the adventure he's still committing some research on it.

Gonna add this to Janus's Magic Blessing:
On Janus's Magic Blessing:
For a more specific magic blessing, we can consider the spellbook one of the Guild doctors gave Janus. The spellbook's title is "A Treatise on the Natural Philosophy of Solomon", and it contains a brief but important summary of the core aspects of the Guild's system of magic, a glossary of magical spirits and their legends, and a "cookbook" of spells and medical treatments. Janus does have other spellbooks, however; these spellbooks he left at one of his homes, for the sake of unburdening.

Gonna replace his Legend with this:
On Janus's Legend:
Two stories on Janus's character abound. The first is on his relationships with society: he is said to be known in his circle of friends for his debauchery and his skills as bard and songster. This rumor he himself propagates, though its truth is unknown to the Guard or the townsfolk. The second is on his relationships with his father, or rather the heretical business his father was once involved in: Janus is said to be continuing his father's business in glorifying the Old God and propagating claims against the Nephilerian Church. This rumor is firmly denied by both the Church and Janus; however, some higher clergymen continue to have their suspicions.

@Asmodeus

See what you think now I changed it so that it was granted by the church. Wasn't entirely sure how to go about that considering I kind of just fell into the Fateguard rather than having started with them.

@Wolfsin
That's good. Thanks

@Bard
Accepted.

@RiverNotch
There may be a misunderstanding here, since I didn't make things clear. The Holy Blessing is something given to the FateGuard as they take their vows and enter the Night Watch. It wouldn't come from being "elevated" in the Church's opinion. Everyone gets a gift from Church, Guild and Crown - to symbolize equal standing and absence of bias.

Also, the legend should be singular. The bard stuff doesn't have to be a rumour if it's an acceptable part of your character. Most of the FateGuard drink and have sex. I know I sound like an anal retentive right now, but if I let you have two or three scoops from each candy jar then all the kids are gonna want the same. >:[

"There may be a misunderstanding here, since I didn't make things clear. The Holy Blessing is something given to the FateGuard as they take their vows and enter the Night Watch. It wouldn't come from being "elevated" in the Church's opinion. Everyone gets a gift from Church, Guild and Crown - to symbolize equal standing and absence of bias.

Also, the legend should be singular. The bard stuff doesn't have to be a rumour if it's an acceptable part of your character. Most of the FateGuard drink and have sex. I know I sound like an anal retentive right now, but if I let you have two or three scoops from each candy jar then all the kids are gonna want the same. >:["

I believe I understand. I altered my Holy Blessing and Legend accordingly; said alterations I placed on my original character sheet.

Yep, that should do it.

Woah... This is..
Erhmagawd.
Whut..
I-I..I.
<.<
>.>
IS IT TOO LATE TO JOIN THIS?! @-@

We've never been adverse against people joining mid RP before. I don't see why we'd stop now. We've been at this particular RP for what...two years now? Point is I've seen Asmo push his RPs to completion even if it took a few years. So if you wanna sign up I'm betting you're in for a treat of an RP that will last to boot.

Yus.

Everyone into the meat grinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.