Fate_Grand Order: Chaldeas Defense Force

@Ailucia I completely agree. Once everything is set up, I can even volunteer to make that list

@Archpigeon I like the dice rolling mechanic since it does add diversity to your posts during fights, but just so you're aware you won't be fighting the other members of the roleplay as this will mostly be a team based adventure story. So sure there will be occasions I imagine where characters will in fight, but in regards to full blown battles I don't think that will happen much. But again, I like that system you have and you are welcome to use it for your posts. Also, I just want to stress for those that are not familiar with the Master-Servant dynamic of the Fate series, a Master and Servant are a permanent duo. Masters can trade off with other Masters using a ritual in the series, but if we're gonna do that you'll need permission from the other master.

And yes @Shiki, unless other players come in and offer to pick up those characters for you, you'll be playing both for the time being. As for the list @Ailucia, I'll be setting it up further once more sheets get fully fleshed out. And once we set up the pairs, I'll list them accordingly as well.

Reactions: Takumi
Thanks. I guess I hadn't fully realized that it wasn't a battle between masters. It makes more sense that it isn't honestly.

So the list of everyone's servants and masters is updated finally after much nonsense on my part Ihatebbcodesometimes but in the end all the current servants and masters that have been finished/started are up and direct links are included in case anyone needs to double check. Also left a reservation for Berserker for @Takashi so for those reading this that are new, we have an opening for Assassin. I'd say we are close to starting up the IC, I say probably either Monday or Sunday pending final touches on most sheets. Anyone need any help don't hesitate to ask.

Reactions: Takumi
Only need me some images, and to finally decide on Cao Cao's noble phantasm(s?).

Jason is done, I just need to work on Mystic codes and belongings a bit more. I'll start working on Teddy next.

Both of my characters are done!! I might do a little tweaking here and there, but they are officially done.

Can I ask a favor though, can you guys take a look at Teddy's noble phantasms? What do you think?

@Archpigeon honestly I just started laughing when I read his 2nd noble phantasm because all I could think of was a massive bear fumbling around and gunning enemies down with two comparably tiny pistols.

@Archpigeon I like the Rough Rider's touch a lot, although I think the reality marble should also reference the hill charge that they are famous for.

@Takashi I didn't even think of that, that's hilarious. I was thinking if he turned into a bear, it would be like a bear attack, but if he didn't, it's just a giant ripped Teddy Roosevelt yelling inspirational quotes and challenges towards the enemy as he tears through a lot of them.

@Ailucia Thanks. I was thinking of a way to include San Juan hill as the reality marble, but I think I ended up writing it like the rough riders along with Teddy Roosevelt just emerge from smoke and charge into battle on horseback

• Haha
Reactions: Takashi
Edit: I tried to put it all into a spoilerbb for you guys but it couldn't handle that much code.
[glow=#ff9a28]Servant CS[/glow]

"My madness now is: why do people want to use me, my strength, my courage, my devotion? Why? Is it my weakness they immediately exploit?

The moonstorm makes me insane, but my insanity is nothing but revolt, the revolt I never expressed or lived out."
- Anaïs Nin
(I dunno I thought this quote I found on Tumblr would fit him.)

[glow=#ff9a28]True Name:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow]
Lævateinn
[glow=#ff9a28]Class:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow]
Berserker
[glow=#ff9a28]Alignment:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow]
Chaotic Neutral
[glow=#ff9a28]Appearance:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow]
4a47697e0c7f93a285a54f4bc01921d8.jpg

[glow=#ff9a28]Stats[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow]
Strength: A
Endurance: B
Agility: C
Magical Energy: C+
Luck: D

[glow=#ff9a28]Class Skills:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow]
Madness Enhancement: D
Strength and Endurance parameters are up. Language ability is simple. Continuing complex thoughts over long periods of time are difficult.

[glow=#ff9a28]Personal Skills:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow]
Eternal Arms Mastery: B+
Due to the fact that Lævateinn is a sword, losing his ability to wield one would be like not being able to walk. Even being summoned as a berserker does not interfere with his proficiency in swordsmanship.

Battle Continuation: C
Ability to ignore most moderate injuries such as deep cuts or broken bones without losing combat ability.

Ragnarök: C
Given to participants in Norse mythology's "twilight of the gods", Ragnarök. Since Lævateinn only killed one god during Ragnarök, while being wielded by Surtr, it only possesses rank C of this skill. At C rank, the servant gains a slight boost in attack power against Divine and Norse enemies.

[glow=#ff9a28]Weapon:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow]
Lævateinn, an old Norse longsword with runes engraved across the blade. It can create flames using these runes.
flame_sword_by_bing0ne-d7oxtl0.jpg

[glow=#ff9a28]Noble Phantasm(s):[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow]
Name: Lævateinn
Title: Sword That Set The World Ablaze
Type: Anti-Unit
Description: For a short period of time Laevateinn(sword) will become coated in the flames of Muspellheim, which are said to be unquenchable and undying. This also further increases damage against does with divinity. Since this noble phantasm is not being used by Surtr himself, and Surtr is the one who unleashed its full power, it has been ranked down to C. Chance to burn enemies.

Name: Sól Valtiva
Title: The Sun That Shines From The Sword Of The Gods
Type: Anti-Unit to Anti-Fortress
Description: Creates a fireball from the tip of the sword. Its size and intensity are entirely dependant on the Master's amount and quality of mana. It can be anything from a pathetic baseball-size fireball that soon fizzles out to one as large as a medium-sized house (height, not area). In any case, the damage can be cut severely by a magic resistance skill. This noble phantasm will also stun the user temporarily.
Old Norse:
Sutr ferr sunnan
með sviga lævi:
skinn af sverði
sól valtiva.

English:
Surtr moves from the south
with the scathe of branches:
there shines from his sword
the sun of Gods of the Slain.

Some scholars have preferred a slightly different translation, in which the sun shines "from the sword of the gods". The idea is that the sword which Surtr slays Freyr with is the "sword of the gods" which Freyr had earlier bargained away for Gerðr. This would add a further layer of tragedy to the myth. (I'll be using this translation.)

[glow=#ff9a28]Personality:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow]
While not particularly nice, Lævateinn is usually at least neutral with his allies. Though if he likes them then he'll be a little more friendly than usual, but if he doesn't like them he will likely be just as uncivil as his master will allow. He cares a lot more about actions then words though, so even if he doesn't like someone at all they can likely redeem themselves if they prove worthy of his respect. Unless you're disloyal to others, then he will just plain hate you and may not even listen to his master if told to back off.

He seems to be quite eager for conflict, particularly of the bloody nature and absolutely will not hesitate to fight any opponent. He tends to underestimate risks, which can easily leave him in a bad situation. The only thing he hates in battle is when he is ordered to retreat.

[glow=#ff9a28]Legend:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow]
(The info I could find on the internet had a few holes, but I'll try here.)
Laevateinn was the sword of the god Freyr, who used it wisely for a long time. Eventually though, Freyr bartered it off so that he could marry the female Jötunn(giant) Gerðr. At some point it was put in a chest, by Loki, down near Hel and secured with nine iron locks and was guarded by a female figure called Sinmara. Sinmara is suspected to be the wife of Surtr, ruler of the fire giants of Muspellheim. Lævateinn was later used by Surtr in Ragnarök to slay its former wielder Freyr and burn the world with the flames of Muspellheim. This burning of the world has been identified as the burning of Troy. Afterward, a new world would rise from the boiling sea and be repopulated by two Trojans that survived, and some surviving gods. These two survivors are also suspected to be Norse equivalents to Adam and Eve.

[glow=#ff9a28]Summoning Catalyst:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow]
a chunk of steel pulled from the sea, yet still hot to the touch; or a piece of parchment from the Fjölsvinnsmál (a late eddic poem mentioning Lævateinn), that contains mention of Lævateinn​

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Takumi and Ailucia
I've got two small critiques, @Archpigeon - for Teddy, you might want to flesh out his Reality Marble a bit more. Reality Marbles are interesting because they're a crystallization of the very core of the owner - and a reskin of Iskandar's doesn't do Roosevelt justice. Maybe his RM isn't just the Rough Riders attacking, but the victims find themselves in the midst of the RRs' enemies in an important battle? The other one is more of a question - for Jason, what's an Inquisitor?

@Shiki Okay, I'll look into that and see what I can do. An inquisitor is one of the people from the holy church, like Kirei Kotomine was.

@Archpigeon I'm pretty sure Church fighters - like Kotomine and Ciel - are called Executors of the Eighth Sacrament. Incidentally, Angela is an Executor. I suspect that she might take umbrage with Jason killing one of her brethren in faith. Which, of course, is an excellent thing for RP.

Executors are basically inquisitors as far as the church is concerned, just a matter of what to call them.

It doesn't really matter which name you call them by since they're the same thing though, the animes call them Inquisitors and the Type-Moon wiki calls them Executors.
Edit: welp Ailucia just said it, nevermind

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Ailucia
@Ailucia There are probably slight differences - the Inquisition, being a court, can pass judgement on people, and might have a subsidiary part following the Eighth Sacrament to kill Magi, while normal Executors deal with Dead Apostles. But yeah, the difference probably isn't important.
@Takashi What anime call them Inquisitors? The Tsukihime anime (which doesn't exist)?

@Shiki Fate/Zero did, and I believe Fate/Stay Night did too actually. Of course, the English and Japanese versions might differ on the wording.

Reminder according to Fate/GO Artoria is wrong and Altria is right for saber.

Let's not forget that Fate is notorious for nonsense or incorrect sub/text dialogue. Lest we forget these gems.

Fate dialogue nonsense.jpg

Edit: So looking over the NP stuff for President Roosevelt I would suggest the great Battle for San Juan Hill where Teddy and the Rough Riders captured Kettle Hill. Perhaps the enemy could be sent into the RM and appear at the top of Kettle Hill and from all sides the Rough Riders just collapse on them creating a devastating pincer on the enemy. That would fit well I think. Also, for his transformation NP all I can think is "Man did they do weird stuff with Kuma in Tekken 8" XD

Also @Takashi I think Laevateinn looks good by my check. I'll look to add it to the finished list. And I'll start finishing up my solo Master so we can have all the masters and servants we need to tentatively start up by tomorrow. We are just missing assassin but I think we can drop someone in if necessary.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Takashi