Fate/Grand Order - Worlds Made of Glass - IC

Haadran, having listened to the comments and questions of those around, thought for a moment and surveyed the area, holding his chin. Mostly forest, somewhat mountainous. He finally turned to address the group, saying, "I must agree with Caster here. Far more likely that the corrupted Assassin already has his ilk ready to strike... This area full of forest I believe is disadvantageous to us, since it would allow for him to take advantage of his great mobility. We must find a clearing, or make one. The hills themselves can be of use to us, so going far is unnecessary."

Having said as much, he looked at Sabrina directly and gave her a thumbs up, saying "Now that I have rested, I should be able to keep providing support! Having said that, unfortunately I struggle to think of a way to reliably 'increase our presence', so to speak... Best I can offer is making a small, condensed field that disallows the exiting of prana and then stuffing it with as much as possible, through spells and the like, before finally bursting it like a bubble."

"That sounds plausible. However for the time being you should remember Assassin fights up close. Spring Heeled Jack was not known for ranged weapons. That means the most he'll get out of this is the trees. However they will also provide cover for him against my own weapons. Our only other option is to clear out the area, or retrace out steps back. One way or another...we will need to pick a choice soon." Caster replied to Haadran as he scratched his chin. "In this class I'm not suitable to ambush tactics. I'm simply just another magic wielder here. And not a great one at that. I have little in the supply of actual magical arts outside of fortify, and creation magic."

"Maybe all he needs is bait, maybe all he needs is a helpless damsel in distress for him to make a move. I doubt the creep could resist a wailing woman laid out of forest floor. Eventually, he would give into his murderous urges and come for the bait. Once he does appear, the bait will lead him to a clearing where we can ambush them." That was just an idea Sabrina thought up on the fly, it was honestly the best she could think of at the moment. She's done it in the past and its work well enough then so why not now? "I may not be as agile as Spring Heeled Jack, but my magic can give me a decent speed boost, possibly enough to avoid getting torn apart. Ambushing him sounds like the best option to me, but that brings into question if Assassin is gullible enough to even take the bait.

"Miss Sabrina, will you be alright with being forced to use one of your Command Seals if things go south? Your skills are not in question, but outrunning a Heroic Spirit sounds somewhat farfetched... It might be better for the bait to already be in the clearing, especially if combined with the bounded field full of prana.", said Haadran with some concern.

"Master. We should prepare the clearing now.", so said Archer, manifesting his macahuitl, ready to cut down the trees one by one if needed, "Assassin, surely mere trees cannot stand up to your swordplay? And Caster can probably produce a weapons to fell the trees at an even greater pace."

"Well first off you're crazy if you think I'm going to be bait so if we're going for women we only have Sabrina as the alternative. Second have you considered the subtly of your actions? Not much of an ambush if we just level out a whole section of this forest here...and then proceed to lay out a clearly fake trap. I'd like you to keep in mind Spring Heeled Jack, at least from a legends perspective, was smart enough to evade an entire town, and may, or may not be an devil. Sabrina will be risking her life if she chooses to stay out there to lure him. Though if what Caster told me is true he probably will go for the bait." Rin Tohsaka said as she studied the surroundings. She considered briefly what they should do before she grinned devilishly. "I got an idea...lets find some skeletons...and kill them. But do so in a big flashy way that will get someone's attention. They're fodder but if we get'em quick, and set up the bait then we should be able to convincingly go through with that idea." Rin said as Caster sighed. He rubbed his forehead with his hand as he looked to Rin. "I really wish I hadn't been summoned this whole thing is a pain...that is if archer insists on clearing the area I will assist because at that point we may as well commit to what we have in mind."

"I never thought I could outrun him for long, but maybe the both of you are right. Jack would probably be extremely quick, and as Rin stated he's no imbecile. I never said we level the forest, to begin with, Miss. Tohsaka, now did I? I'm sure we can find a clearing somewhere around here. " After letting Rin voice her idea, she responded accordingly. "Hmm, works better than me crying to get his attention. If you guys want to make a lot of noise, go right ahead." Noticing Haadran's concern she reinsures him she'll be fine. "If it comes down to it of course Haadran." She looked at her left hand which held her command seals. "But let's not speak anything unpleasant into existence. "

Standing at his master's side, Assassin remains silent, waiting for them to devise a plan they all could agree with. Hearing Caster mention his growing annoyance with this situation, Assassin decided to finally speak. "I'm sure things are only going to grow more of a pain after defeating Assassin. We still have Berserker and Saber to deal with too. Assassin is obvious the weakest of them, and I doubt Saber could defeat the other Saber before we put down our opponent." Assassin turns his head to Archer and waits for his opinion on the situation. "So what will it be Archer? I think this current plan ways hinges on your involvement."

Things seemed to be getting complicated quickly, Haadran noted, and so in an effort to finally get things done, he said "Noting all present concerns, I believe we may proceed with a combination of the suggested actions. Archer and Caster will set up a small, open field while Sabrina and Assassin rough up a small contingent of skeletons foes. Meanwhile I will prepare the concentrated bounded field and Miss Master of Caster can fill it up with prana. Sabrina will then return towards the burst bounded field and the clearing, hopefully luring the corrupted Assassin to our trap."

Nodding towards Archer, he continued, saying, "The prana surge will give indication to our presence and activity, which should be 'verified' by the disappearance of part of his forces. He should not be able to know at all times the precise location and involvement of his skeletal assistants and will have cause to investigate personally since he knows that even with numbers, his troops stand no chance against a contingent of Servants, unlike himself."

"All the same then we should get moving. I'll go draw them out you all prepare for combat." Caster said as he turned to Acher. "You should be able to handle things here. In hindsight it would be best to go and find some enemies as quick as possible. It shouldn't be an issue no? Then I'll take my leave for now. Protect Rin." Caster said firmly as he vanished in a mass of mana. As Caster went to go find his enemies he left the others to prepare themselves for combat.

===

As Lance, and Rider arrived up the hill they were greeted by the sounds of combat. A man in shining silver armor was fighting their berserker surrounded in a black aura as he attempted to murder his opponent as brutally as possible. However it wasn't enough as the man in silver was tired, and flagging in strength Rider moved to assist but before he could the berserker in furs, Cu Chulainn, managed to finally get past the man's guard and stab him in the chest causing the weakened warrior to finally succumb to his exhaustion. As the lancer servant crumbled to the ground Rider clashed with Berserker attempting to stab him with Moralltach, and then stab him with his spear. However Berserker used the back end of his Gae Bolg to block it, and kicked rider back before he could stab. The servant roared shaking the whole area. As Rider backed away his allied Lancer stepped up. "You fought well Zhao Yun...I'm sorry we weren't able to get here sooner. We will finish this for you." Lancer told his other as Zhao Yun coughed fiercely, "I'm sorry...please forgive me weakness....I leave this all to you." Zhao Yun said as he faded away into nothingness. "Now then...Berserker you reek of power...let us have a great fight! I will end this with one blow!"

He heard it off in the distance, the sound of metal raining down and killing off his familiars. Jack knew who it was, that bastard Caster and his beautiful Master. Jack smiled as he heard his familiars be demolished. Jack didn't care, they were fouter and nothing more, only good for killing weak humans. He would get to carve up Rin personally, and maybe if he's lucky, the blonde would be with her too. Oh, the beautiful crimson portrait he could make with the two of them, it would put Leanardo to shame. The murderous Assassin, Spring-heeled Jack ran off into the forest at a frightful speed. His claws were sharp and he was ready to rip some pretty woman apart once again. He hoped they would put up a fight and scream as he ripped their organs out of their bellies.

Assassin stood close to Sabrina's side, sword drawn and ready to strike down anything that would come near his Master. Now knowing that the enemy Assassin was just the typical murderer with a hard-on for killing women, it was a priority to keep Sabrina protected and Rin if possible. She had her own servant to keep her safe after all. Sabrina stayed close to Assassin with 9mm in hand. She doubts it would do much, but better than nothing at all. She then heard rustling in the trees and out jumped the enemy Assassin, Spring-heeled Jack and he rushed straight towards the nearest female, Sabrina.

Assassin reacted quick and blocked his claws with his sword. Jack was fast, but both assassins were at the same level of speed and strength. Jack NP did give him an advantage in mobility, able to jump to heights impossible for the other servants to follow. "We've been waiting on you, Jack! I notice you come to forfeit your worthless head. Charging my Master will get you kill even quicker."

Jack growled and start to back up and jumped back into the trees. "Don't get cocky weakling, I'm just warming up." He would now choose another target, but who? Haadran or Rin?

As soon as Caster dematerialized, the plan went into motion, with Archer chopping down trees with his macahuitl as Haadran prepared the bounded field and Rin filled it with prana. Haadran popped the field when Rin gave the signal that Caster had gotten to work on the enemy's forces.

He had planned to deploy another field to hide himself, Rin and Sabrina before the corrupted Assassin arrived, but he'd gotten to the makeshift clearing even faster than expected. It had only been Assassin's timely intervention that had repelled the intial assault.

Rin decided to waste no time and after putting her right hand in the shape of a gun, began firing Gandr curses at the corrupted Servant. Haadran, wishing not to fall behind, immediately deployed a small field covering the three Masters, and applied on it the Curse he knew would make them invisible. It was a petty and likely not very effective move, done more to spite the enemy than actually deter him much.

What might deter him, however, was Archer's beginning onslaught. All the pieces of trees obtained from making the clearing were now at his disposal, so Haadran had a vindictive smile as his Servant started to launch them with extreme prejudice at their enemy.

Leon, and Saber made their way through the forest towards the mountain Leon using his experience he had gained from his Chaldea, and school training under his father to keep up with his servant. It was difficult but they met little resistance. All of it must've been focused on something else now as the two moved along Leon wondered just what exactly was awaiting them. "Saber no matter what happens...no matter who gets in our way...I want you to understand...I'm sorry for not being as competent commander as I could be. Though I am proud of you as a servant. You survived a shot from a noble phantasm meant to kill Achilles, and you fought as well as anyone could ask of you. I'm happy that you chose me." Leon told his servant as the Saber laughed, and kept moving. "Master please now don't be so humble. You're a fine master, and you haven't tried to do anything evil yet which...is a step up from the last time I was summoned. Still I want you to depend on me. You asked for my assistance in this, and I answered for as long as you need me I will fight for you. Please consider Excalibur at your command. A king I may be but I take pride in my skill as a servant." Saber told Leon as the two finally managed to find their way up towards the entrance towards the mountain, and they began their way up.

He heard loud bangs, and a clash off in the distance both groups had engaged. Leon wished them a silent wish of good luck as he made his way with Saber up the mountain side towards what appeared to be a cave entrance. As Saber ran forward he suddenly stopped, and grabbed Leon. "Do you feel that? Something of immense power is up ahead...stay close it is likely the enemy saber." Arthur warned Leon as he made sure Leon didn't try to pull away from him but he made no move to do so and stayed next to Saber. "I just told you I trusted you...please lead on Saber." Leon said as the two made their way up more cautiously Saber kept pace with Leon looking around holding his magical sword in his hand. Eventually they reached the summit of their climb looking down on Ryudou Temple where they saw Lancer, Rider, and Berserker flailing around in combat. However in front of them stood another sight.

latest

A cruel looking woman in black armor wielding a jet black sword stood before them. Leon walked back as he scanned her using his master's ability. She was...almost the same as his Saber. She radiated an abnormal amount of magical energy. Saber marched forward as the other Saber stood still as Arthur approached his face masked in disgust as he eyed the sword. He stood a fair distance away from her not within swords reach but he was close to her now.
"So this is how far you're willing to fall? This is the length you're willing to go to reach your goal? That sword was promised to you in a hope that you would make things better. What say you?" demanded Saber as he pointed Excalibur at her. She stood there silent refusing to answer but moved her sword into a defensive stance. "What would the knights of the round say? Was this the person who prided themselves on how hard they fought to save their people? You are a pale imitation, and you are not a king." Saber shouted in distraught anger, and sadness mixed together as he demanded an answer.

"They were weak. They were failures who could not measure up to my expectations. So I will take this curse in hand. I will wield it. I will make the world better after it is finished being renewed."
Saber told Arthur as she spoke with cold annoyance. "You....you DARE!? They trusted you! Loved you! They would have died with you! Many of them did! This is how you honor their memory? No...you said it yourself...you think them beneath you. But in reality you weren't worthy of them..." Arthur said in anger his face contorting in pain. "Enough talk...if you wish to progress further you must fight me." Saber said as Arthur began to walked to the side of Saber who followed in suit.

"Unlock..."
Saber silently muttered as his sword began to glow brighter. Leon heard a voice in the air as if ghosts spoke to him, and Arthur. "Bedivere: The enemy must be more powerful than oneself....Palamedes: The battle must be one-on-one....Lancelot: The enemy must not be an elemental....Mordred: The battle must be one against evil.....Galahad: The battle must not involve personal gain....Gaheris: The battle must not be inhumane.....Agravain: The battle must be for truth.....Kay: The battle must be to live....Tristan: One's comrades-in-arms should be courageous.....Percival: The battle must be an honorable one!" with each word that Arthur said a voice accompanied as if there were others granting Saber more power as the two circled one another Saber made no move to try, and stop this. For one reason or another she wanted this to happen...or was allowing it at the least. Which irked Leon the wrong way...why? Still as Saber's sword glowed like the new dawn in a dead world Leon noticed he did not invoke his own name...and there was at least one more seal...he wasn't using his full power just yet. But that second to last one touched Leon's heart he was happy....that Saber viewed him as worthy. As he said the last one the two suddenly dashed at one another...and the battle started.

Spring-heeled Jack watched from the trees as his targets vanished before his eyes. The older Mage did something and now the beautiful prey was gone. "Err! Bring them back!" He roared as he jumped from the tree while avoiding Archer's shots. "Was that your master?" He asked as he dashed toward Archer not caring for his reply. He would take out Archer before the man became a nuisance. He jumped in the air and let out a bellow of flames from his mouth. Jack in this instance resembled a demon from the pits of Hell. "Burn! Burn! Ha ha ha ha!"' He landed and then jumped toward Archer planning to dig his claws into his chest and carve out his heart. "You're life, you're hurt, It is mine!"

Sabrina could only watch as Archer was assaulted by the Dark Assassin, she felt helpless not being able to do much to the monstrous servant. "Thanks, Haadran." she said quietly not sure if the curse muffled sounds too. "That Assassin is faster than I imagine. I hope he can't overwhelm Archer with his speed."

"Don't let such this ugly creature make you look, weak Archer, show the power of an Aztec warrior." Assassin shouted as he walked up toward Jack, not planning to attack, but preparing. He would let Archer handle this himself.

From within the bounded field, Rin had stopped firing her Gandr curses and quietly observed, while Haadran nervously shifted in place, trying to decide how to best proceed. With a grim look on his face, Haadran nodded at Sabrina as the corrupted Assassin approached, saying "My pleasure. We Masters, powerful though we may be, are better off not facing Heroic Spirits directly except for tremendously specific circumstances which we cannot replicate just yet... This foe in particular is as you say, far too swift. But Archer will endure...!"

Archer had seen the corrupted Assassin in action and knew him to be speedy, but seeing him dodge the constant firing even with the projectiles tracking his movement really put things in perspective. This is why the instant Archer saw the foul being adjust course, he knew to use those precious instants to prepare. And sure enough, with a visage worthy of the demons his erstwhile ally had told him about a lifetime ago, a salvo of fire aimed at him was unleashed.

Archer was no stranger to fire, as his charred extremities proved. So he did not even bother to dodge, welcoming the abrasive heat and force much like he had close to the end of his former life. But this time around, he was not bound, and in anticipation of the enemy's approach, he let out a defiant, whistling battlecry as the flame breathe washed over him. He would be damaged, but fire had not broken him before and it would fail to do so again. Instead, taking advantage of these precious instants of painful, fiery embrace, he dispelled his trusty ahtlatl and brought forth in his right hand his macahuitl, and in the left, his tepoztopilli. At this close range, he would be better served by them.

And not an instant too soon was the deployment complete. Archer would move the enormous, obsidian-bladed club to intercept the pair of claws aiming for his heart, its shards spinning like a chainsaw. Archer would stand firm as he tried for a horizontal strike at the enemy with his polearm, ready to let out a discharge of lightning to increase his range if the enemy tried to avoid.

Reactions: Cush Almighty
The two Saber spun around a blur of dark energy meeting light both using Mana burst to expedite their movements. Leon backed off not wanting to mess up, and screw up Saber's movements. He could help his partner but it wasn't likely what he wanted from Leon now. Besides judging from Saber's own words Arthur had intended to fight this copy of himself head on....but why was this copy female? He couldn't help but wonder if he really could do anything if he wanted to. Wind magic was useful on its own but it had a cost of being too based around an area of effect. It was random, and spastic at the worst of times when it was not controllable. Leon just had to watch. Saber twirled, and spun to make Arthur's more blunt offense they were using a similar style but Arthur was just that much more focused on his brawn than the evil Saber's speed. Leon hoped that the other two down below were doing just as well. Judging by the lack of a certain assassin that meant the others weren't in a position to help them currently. Leon helped up his hand, and positioned his fingers like a child making a make believe gun ready to use his wind bullet spell if need be.

Saber smashed into Excalibur brutally swinging with finesse, and skill to match the quick parries, and swipes of the female dark saber. That perversion of Excalibur was no match for his real one. He parried her blows as well but came down with more heavy handed swordplay. Mana pulsed through his body matching the dark aura secreting from his enemy. Excalibur, and his unlocked seals allowed him to sink more energy into mana burst skill, his instincts flaring predicting blows but hers was just as good. It was an obnoxious stalemate as Arthur began to incorporate kicks, and sweeps into his flow motion he more often than not forced into the defense by the enemy saber's intent on precise stabs. It was an obnoxious blow for blow that left both of them at a stalemate he figured this would only go one way if this kept up. But if possible he'd prefer to end this quickly.

Jack wanted to put Archer down easy, quick, but the bastard wasn't in the mood for dying like most people he washed with his flames. Archer pushed through the searing heat of Jack's fire and blocked his claws with his obsidian teeth club. His claws grinds against his obsidian club as sparks fly in their faces. Jack intended to spew more flames, but the polearm made that difficult. Risking fire meant being impaled. He pushed on the mace and pushed himself back from Archer. He avoided the polearm, or so he thought until a stream of light had struck him through his stomach.

"AHHH!" He roared as he dropped to the ground in pain. "I'm going to get you and all the ones you love. Your Mother, Father, siblings, children and carve them apart like a turkey you worthless garbage of a spirit!" He stood back up now incensed. He lifted his claw and slammed it into the ground creating a cloud of dirt(Disengage B).

Jack had returned to the trees, still enraged by the damage he received. He couldn't really retreat, only fall back and rethink his attack plans. If he did retreat, Saber would most likely kill him for his cowardliness. Corrupted Assassin was in luck, he had reinforcements on his side. They emerged from the forest, the strongest of the Dragon Tooth warriors. They all knew where their leader was and knew he needed their help, now Archer and Assassin would have to deal with these things as well.

Assassin watch Archer handle Jack, he too made the corrupted monster look more like a gnat than any actual threat. Once the Dragon Tooth Warriors appear, he moved towards the bounded field to guard the masters. "Cowardly as always I see. I'd rather be taking a crack at Berserker or Saber than you."

The 3 familiars charged at Assassin and he defended against them all. One had a club and try to sweep Assassin at the legs while another came at his side with its sword. Assassin jumped in the air to avoid the sweep and countered the side attack with his sword. He pushed the one with the sword back with a kick to the face before impaling the other in the head with Monohoshizao. He uses both hands to do so as he pushed the blade through while landing on his feet. The two familiars than continued their attack. Assassin simply struck them both down at the neck with a wide sword swing. Their heads were severed and the two Dragon Tooths feel like sacks of dirt to the forest floor. Assassin turned to the bounded field and gave a confident smirk to his master even though he couldn't see her.

Jack watched carefully as the two servants fought and notice Assassin was protecting a certain spot. Jack smiled with glee as he found his targets. "If I kill them, they'll all be vanquished as well." Assassin moved through the trees, keeping his presence concealed. While these two were distracted by the familiars, he'll kill their masters. Those two were busy and no other servant was in Jacks purview.

He got behind Assassin's side of the bounded field he was guarding and lunged towards the invisible area with the swiftness of the lighting that struck him down. Once inside he would manage to kill at least one of those Masters. The pretty harlots could wait, he wanted to find Archers master and kill him first. Burn him alive and take his heart instead.

(Caster Time!)