Family RP

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Is this open still?
Technically no.

However, if @Scorpio Queen , @Shayla, and @Katrina Iceheart agree we can expand to add you.

(If you feel uncomfortable putting your vote for if @Shadow_Snow_Storm should be allowed to join, please private message me.
I want y'all's actual wishes on adding a new person so we can keep the vote private if you want)

We would be adding two more kids to the family bumping the kid count up to 8 which probably means at least one more biological kid so there would be two biological kids and 6 adopted(At the very least we might have 3 bio-logical kids and 5 adopted.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Last name list to vote from is now Forbes, Hail, Moody, Mortelle, Sutton, Toliver, and Townsend. Again please vote on the last name, you don't have to add names unless you want to.

Also please vote or suggest a place for them to live. So far I have suggested one of the Dakotas or some mid-west area. If you don't have any ideas don't feel any pressure to add, just vote.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if I can't join, I would like to suggest them living somewhere in Montana. It's a good state and makes for a large space to raise a lot of children. Farming communities and what not.

Boston
New York
Denver

Note: If you haven't stated an opinion by December 18th I'm going just pick the place and last name so we can this thing started before I have to travel.

On another note one of my characters is an 8 year old girl(she was adopted at 7) from Romania.

I would like to do a siblings match up with someone for my other character of any of you three are interested.

Note: If you haven't stated an opinion by December 18th I'm going just pick the place and last name so we can this thing started before I have to travel.

On another note one of my characters is an 8 year old girl(she was adopted at 7) from Romania.

I would like to do a siblings match up with someone for my other character of any of you three are interested.
I am interested, could do the older brother for your character

Was thinking of doing the dad and a young girl as well

Last edited:
Reactions: Charlie Vasilyev
Open for anything when I begin work on my charries! ^^

@Shayla, @Scorpio Queen and @Katrina Iceheart, you can start working on your characters now the last name is Mortelle. And they live in Little Falls(the town) NY.

EDIT: The RP date (What day it is in the rp when it starts) will be December 1 2015.

EDIT EDIT: Please add 'Adoption Date(the day they came home):' underneath Age at Adoption. Thanks!

Reactions: Katrina Iceheart
Current Name(first middle last): Augustina Hazel Mortelle

Nickname(s): Gusi(Gus-ee)

Name before Adoption(first middle last of possible): Augustina Ioana Grigornov

Age at Adoption: 7

Adoption Date(The day they came home): December 30th 2014

Birthday: 13 September 2007

Place of Birth: Bulgaria

Short Bio: Gusi and Olivia were left in a junkyard when Gusi was a baby. After hours on hours in the junkyard she and her sister were found by someone who took them and dropped them off at an orphanage. The only reason Gusi managed to survive was her big sister, Olivia helped keep her warm

Neither of their parents could be found after the siblings were abandoned. There still is no knowledge of their where-a-bouts.

Gusi was totally blind at birth, when she and her sister were dropped off at the orphanage her sister was t sure how old exactly she was and told them she was about 2 weeks. She was declared 'severely disabled' and was placed in a crib. She would get human interaction only when fed, changed, and moved to the toilet later on in her life.

Olivia was adopted soon after they came there, but Gusi wasn't even put up for adoption yet because they thought she would die pretty quickly from some sort of cold or lung infection she'd caught while in the junkyard.

The Mortelle's adopted her after 5 years of trying to get find her and adopt her. The system wasn't forth coming with handing her over because as they told the Mortelle's she was 'severely disabled and would never be a normal child.'

When Gusi was finally brought home she almost immediately attached herself to her sister again. Olivia was the first person she trusted when brought to America.

She goes to a the local elementary school, but is in the special education class and has multiple therapies during the week including speech, feeding, physical, and various other types to try and help her develop the skills she'd never been taught in the orphanage.

Family:
Birth Family Info if known-
(Father, Mother, Siblings)

Father- Evgeni Hristo Grigornov

Mother- Jofranka Floure Grigornov(Formerly Salam)

Sister- Olivia Lynn Mortelle(Formerly Grigornov), Age-17

Adoptive Family Info-(Father, Mother, Siblings)

(Will be added when other forms are put up.)

Looks: Gusi is extremely small from malnutrition in the orphanage. She looks at most 2 years old physically. She is very short around 2'6". She is rather skinny too and you can still see her ribs and spine. Her hands are small and her nails are normally cut short to prevent her from chewing on them or scratching herself with them. She also has pretty small feet and wears toddler shoes still.

Gusi had a slight large head for her body. She has slightly high cheekbones and a button nose. Her lips are thin and normally chapped from being licked. She is missing a lot of teeth right now because many were rotted(Or the gums were infected) and needed to be removed when she came home form Romania and her adult teeth haven't grown in yet.

Her hair is dark brown and slightly wavy. She insists on keeping her hair short. In the orphanage all the kids had extremely short hair to the point of almost having shaved heads just to discourage lice. Gusi now has a short pixie cut that kind of looks like a little boy's hair cut. Her hair barely brushes the top of her ears and in the back it's tapered short. She hates it getting any longer because she doesn't like how it feels. She has really dark eyelashes and slightly thin eyebrows.

Gusi has deep brown eye that have swirls of darker browns and touches of lighter browns in them. Her eyes are oddly sunken into her skull. Most people don't see her eyes though because Gusi will commonly have them closed and be pressing on them with the thumb and pointer finger of her right hand. The eye pressing, though common for blind children, is the reason her eyes are sunken in because it was never stopped in the orphanage.

Gusi's skin is pretty light, she is part Romani gypsy so she has a browner tint and in the summer she'll yet darker because she likes to be outside. Gusi has scars on her head from banging her head on things, they're mostly hidden by her hair though now. She generally will have bumps, scrapes, and bruises from running into things.

Wears- Gusi wears toddler clothes because it's all that fits her. Her clothes are hand me down from her siblings so they're all a bit big on her.

During the colder months Gusi will wears a set of jeans with a belt around her waist(She has two belts, one is a dark brown braided leather belt, the other is a purple canvas belt with a thin pink stripe through it and a pink butterfly on it. It's a velcro toddler's belt.) As her shirt Gusi normally wears a long sleeved henely style shirt that's made out of the super soft t-shirt material.

Gusi absolutely loves taking her older siblings hoodies and wearing them even though their over sized. She also likes to layer her clothes in the winter by wearing a t-shirt over her Henley shirt.

During the warm months Gusi wears a set of denim shorts with a belt and a short sleeved t-shirt. Since her clothes are hand me downs they are a mix between boys' and girls clothes.

She prefers to go barefoot though if she has to wear shoes she has a set of all black cheap PUMA bran velcro sneakers.

Disabilities:
Physical- She is totally blind, she has sensory problems and is sensitive to certain types of noises.
Gusi also has tinnitus(Constant ringing or buzzing in the ears) from an old head injury. She gets ear infections easily too though that's mostly because she put stuff in her ears sometimes because the buzzing and ringing bugs her so much. Gusi also has a rumination disorder also.(She will regurgitate her food, re-chew it, and swallow again after eating...another habit she learned in the orphanage.)

Emotional- Gusi is considered emotionally delayed. She struggles with expressing her feelings and they tend to change a lot. Sometimes she's extremely clingy and emotionally needing sometimes she's aloof and doesn't even want to be around people.

Mental- PTSD, she is severely mentally delayed and functions at around the level of a 3 year old at her best skills.

Personality:
General Personality- Gusi's personality changes regularly. She's still getting used to not being in an orphanage and has some trust issues. Her mood swings are pretty frequent, but she's getting better. She is very sweet and in a happy mood a lot more than when she first came. Gusi gets obsessed with things easily and seems a little obsessive compulsive because she will repeat the same motion over and over again.
She has serious trust issues and only really trusts her family right now. Her teachers often get frustrated with her because she acts totally different around them and doesn't respond the same as she will with her parents.
Gusi's mood can change rather quickly. She has frequent panic attacks and freaks out easily. Her mood is in a delicate balance most of the time and she can be set off into a bad mood easily.
In her upset mood she hates being touched and will freak out often hitting her scratching herself. She struggles with physical affection because she never had it before so she doesn't understand it and it freaks her out.
She gets scared pretty easily and frustrated because she can't communicate which is the root to a lot of her freak outs.

Fears- Silence, she hates silence because the ringing in her ears gets louder. In some moods she's afraid of being touched too. If she's crying she'll do it quietly because she afraid if she makes too much noise she'll be hit. She has nightmares about the orphanage. She doesn't like to be restrained(Which sometimes, though not all the time includes hugs).

Do they have any interest in finding their birth family?: She has no interest in finding her birth family

Roommate: Olivia (Creator: Scorpio Queen)

Extra:

Gusi will suck on her clothes, hands, and sometimes other objects when she feels agitated. She also will lie down and rock if agitated.

Gusi waves her hands and run her hands over her face and hair a lot. Her movements tend to be spastic and wild. She always seems to be moving even when standing she'll sway or rock from foot to foot.

She still likes to put objects in her mouth to discover what they are.She also loves rattle and noise making toys.

Gusi has a sock monkey. It's the classic colors and has embroidered on eyes instead of buttons or beads so it's safe for her to mess with and put in her mouth.

Gusi loves rattles and other noise making toys.

She also has a rubber sea turtle it's a bath toy, but she carries it around almost everywhere with her. If she doesn't have her monkey she has her turtle.

Gusi loves to be outside when it's warm out. She likes lying in the grass and feeling the warm sun on her face. She also enjoys playing outside in general. All the textures, sounds, and smells make her very happy.

Gusi gets cold pretty easily.

She loves music as long as it's not to loud.

She hates fireworks. The family first saw the behavior on New Years day, but because she'd just got home they thought she was just stressed. However when she freaked out again on the 4th of July they found out that fireworks hurt her ears and scared her because she doesn't know what they are.

Gusi loves baths, but hates showers.

She doesn't like bed frames and tends to fall off of beds so she sleeps on a mattress on the ground. They have some baby gates around her bed because she tends to wander at nights especially if she can't sleep.

She is potty trained, though still has accidents sometimes. She will totally freak out if she has an accident. She also freaked out when her parents tried to let her wear diapers.
(They wanted to help her feel comfortable in the house without stress and freak outs before pushing the bathroom issue, but she had a panic attack when they put one on her so they let the issue be.)

Creator: Charlie Vasilyev

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's my girl's form. I will add family info as everyone else's forms shows up.

ANOTHER NOTE: @Scorpio Queen would like to be able to do 2 kids and the father. That would up our kids count to 7.

Would you, @Shayla and @Katrina Iceheart, be fine with that? If adding to many kids would be harder to keep track of that's chill, just message me what you think.

Please remember when you're creating a character to post the gender, age/age adopted, and country here first.

Mostly so people can see whose taking what countries and so if anyone wants to siblings with your character they can say so.

(Also for those creating parents or the bio-logical kid it give them some more info for their form since they have to put in the ages they were when the kids were adopted.)

OK, I'm sorry clogging this and posting so many time in a row, but I need to get my vacation-ish dates up.

I will be traveling from the 18th-20th(Maybe the 21st?). I will be able to post, but it will probably be mostly at night.

After that I'll probably doing holiday junk, but I will be able to post. Then the 26th-27th I will be traveling again. After that it should be back to normal.

I will try to get my second form up before then.

I would like to start the RP by then too, however I understand if we can't. (I'm currently trying to get inspired for my other character...so yeah totally understand struggling to get a form up and such.)

Note to RPers: The Mortelle family is not extremely rich. They are a lower middle class family, they scraped together the income to adopt over the years and have insurance that covers most health-care needs. Please remember this when creating a character. :-)

Reactions: Dark_Psycho
Current Name(first middle last): Aidan Jack Mortelle

Nickname(s): Aidan, AJ

Name before Adoption(first middle last of possible): Aidan Jack Larkin

Age at Adoption: 7, he was fostered however on and off from 3-7)

Date of Adoption(When they came home):
First Fostering: June 17th 2007
Second Fostering: March 11th 2010
Actual Adoption: October 19th 2011

Birthday: March 11th 2004

Place of Birth: St. Agatha, Maine

Short Bio: Aidan was born in Maine near the border. His mother was a 15 year old high schooler and his father a half Canadian half American 17 year old. His father would spend the school year in America and summer breaks, holidays, and other vacations in Canada.
When Aidan was around 6 months his father moved permanently to Canada. His grandparents were drug addicts and his mother was unable to take care of him so he was taken in by CPS. After that he went to his aunt and uncle's in New York. That didn't last long because they didn't actually want him so he was again removed from the home and put into the foster system.
Aidan was shaken when he was a baby and this is where most of his disabilities stem from. However he was born deaf in his left ear.
He was in the system until he was 3 when the Mortelle's fostered him.
Aidan left the Mortelles at 5 because his mother wanted to try and take care of him. He was only with his mother and her new boyfriend for 3 months before he had to go to the hospital after getting beaten by his mother's boyfriend.
CPS kept him in his mother's house for another month before removing him again. He was in the system again for another year before the Mortelle's again found him and fostered him on his 6th birthday. They immediately started the paperwork to adopt him, though it took a while because they had to find his father and make him give up his parental rights. They also had to have his mother give up her parental rights which took a while, but they finally did adopt him.

Family:
Birth Family Info if known-(Father, Mother, Siblings)

Father- Carter Phillipe Beaulieu

Mother- Kiera Tegus Larkin

Brother- Noah William Remington, 3 (Half brother lives with his father, not the same man that beat up Aidan)

Sister- Spencer Raegen Remington, 3 (Half sister lives with her father)

Adoptive Family Info-(Father, Mother, Siblings)

Older Sister- Olivia Lynn Mortelle, 17

Younger Sister- Augustina Hazel Mortelle, 8

Looks:. Aidan is mixed race. He has some Irish in him, some Asian, European, and a little Native American too. His skin is a very light tan with a few freckles on his cheeks. He gets darker tan during the summer when he's outside most of the time and his freckles stand out a bit more. He also tends to get really dirty when playing outside and even inside. The boy is a dirt magnet.
Aidan stand at 4'8"-4'9". He is a lanky looking boy who is on the thin side(though that's definitely not from lack of eating).
His hair is a shocking red-orange with an underlying hint of brown that darkens it a bit. Aidan has pretty straight hair that he keeps short on the sides and on top it's a little longer and is generally in messy spikes on the top of his head. Not because he uses hair product, but because he generally is rather dirty and his parents have to fight him to get him to take a shower.
Aidan's facial features are interesting. His eyes are slightly slanted and almond shaped. He has rather prominent cheek bones. His face as a round boyish looks to it and he has a button nose. His lips are normal and he's almost always smiling.
He has long fingers and big feet for a boy his size. His nails tend to look a little ragged and dirty. He almost always has scrapes and bruises from climbing something he shoulder, jumping over something, jumping off something, and doing various other reckless and wild activities.
His cochlear implant is made for doing sports with and so is hearing aid. His parents did this so he wouldn't break his aides all the time.

Wears- Aidan normally wears cargo pants or shorts and a t-shirt. Because he's thin his clothes hang on him like a scarecrow. His clothes are pretty ratty.
When it's cold he'll wear a red and black checked hoodie or a woodland camo hoodie with orange on the inside of it.
His shoes are a set of black and white tennis shoes with tye dye laces.

Disabilities:
Physical-
He is deaf in his left ear and hear poorly from his right ear(He has an implant in his left ear and a and aide to help his right). His speaking can be slurred especially when he's tired and is processing slower. he also get frequent headaches.
Emotional- Aidan's has trouble expressing his feelings sometimes. He is very physical about his emotions and with affection. He can be aggressive when upset though it's not generally towards people. He is very physical about showing love also and finds it easier to hug people than say I love you. He isn't too badly emotionally delayed and most of his problems arise from being extremely hyperactive and sometimes having trouble hearing and speaking. He also doesn't have much of a personal space.
Mental- Aidan struggles with memory related things. He is extremely hyper active and doesn't focus very well. He was a very short attention span also. Aidan is also dyslexic.

Personality:
General Personality- Aidan is a nice kid. He sometimes can be annoying because he doesn't have much in the way personal space. He is loud and in general very hyper and happy. He loves playing with his siblings and with other kids and is generally very easy going. Not much bugs him and he is pretty easy to please.
Aidan is a friendly boy who enjoys being around people. He is pretty creative and loves building things and sports.
Aidan has an extremely short attention span and struggles with focusing and sometimes behaving. He likes to keep moving and can't sit still. He can be seen as rude because he'll space out easily, he doesn't listen well due to his hyperactivity, and he doesn't have the best boundaries.
When Aidan does get angry, or upset which is rare he tends to get extremely aggressive and will throw things, yell, and punch walls.
Fears- He's afraid of being sent back to CPS and abandoned and he hates small spaces.

Do they have any interest in finding their birth family?: He has no interest in reconnecting with any of his family.

Roommate: Will be stated when other forms are up;

Extra:

Aidan likes carpentry and building things, it's one of the only things he can focus on.

He has a fort in the near by woods he built.

He has an old amo tin that he keeps his 'treasures' in.

His owns one pocketknife, the Swiss Army Climber knife that he got for his birthday last year.

When Aidan gets very tired or emotional he struggles to talk at all much less be understood.

Aidan is fluent in sign language.

Aidan does not take medication because it make him feel weird.

He is doing much better at using self-control than he did when he first was adopted.

He has started to hit puberty and his voice cracks now and then.(One of the reasons his parents are trying to push proper hygiene and have him take regular showers and such.)

He goes to regular school though he is a grade behind where he should be.

(Here's my boy. I will probably be creating the thread today or early tomorrow because I won't have my computer after the 18th until the 27th. I will be able to post however.

This is not to pressure y'all into getting your characters up, it's just for convenience. when you are done put you forms in this thread and then you can do normal posts in the story thread. I will add your characters to the cast list when I have my computer/can.)

CLOSED SIGNUPS - The Mortelle's and Their Motley Crew | IwakuRoleplay.com

^Above is the link to our RP.

Anyways for their house I was thinking a one story house with a basement. The basement has the kids bedrooms and bathroom and the family room. The first story has the master suite, kitchen, a small living room, a small dinning, a foyer and possibly a half bath.

he laundry room would be in the basement as well.

What do y'all think?

(If any of your kids are wheelchair bound we can had a stair climber(One of those chairs that goes up and down stairs on a track) or make it a one story house.)

EDIT: I will make the first post soon.

I have made the first post, respond and post forms when you can.

Again not trying to rush you, just trying to make things easier for me while traveling.

• Love
PS: you are allowed to post before you form is fully complete. Just have name(s), looks, basic adoption info, and disabilities for kids filled out put the form here and you can post(however you must complete your form at some point in time. Sometimes playing out the character a bit can help though. )

For parents looks, name, age, job, and any disability info must be filled out

For biological kid looks, name, age.

Remember this isn't a free pass to not do a form you still have to complete it before we're deep into the rp it's just lisence to play your character a bit if you're having writers block or struggling with creating him/her.

• Love
Hey sorry for clogging this up.

Gusi's for has been edited slightly because she can't be from Romania due to some adoption laws.(and some other technicalities I hadn't read)

Anyway hope y'all are having an amazing December!