Fallout: Remember the Alamo OOC

• Thread starter CosmicWeinerDog
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Rarggh!!!! Fuck my time schedule >.<

I'll definitely get a post up by Friday afternoon

Soon as you get your post up, I'll make mine and continue the story then.

Sorry I haven't been posting, I've just been having trouble thinking one up. I'll keep trying just, don't hold your breath. >...<

HOKAY

Now that I'm posting back in fallout and now that the majority of the infestructure is set, from here out I'm going to start giving you guys more of an acting role. Feel free to start working with a bit more leverage as to what you're able to do and what goes on. Keep in mind to the theme of scarce resources. Anything you pick up, I will PM you about the nature of it's condition, ammo payload, etc. What I don't want is "HEY LOOK A ROCKET LAUNCHER" and the like. If that sort of thing continues, I'm going to kill your character with creative scenes and use your corpse as en effigy designed to draw more appropriate players.

Don't think I won't do it.

From here out, when we get to key storyline events, you'll see more crazy long posts like before. However, that being said I want to put more and more of the story in ya'lls ball park.

Enjoi.

Your character will connect with the party pretty soon. I just have to get the group out of Sea World. If you want though, you're more than welcome to set up a character development post of your road trip.

I could, I guess. It's been a while since I thought about it, but I guess it's not too far off from what I've been RPing elsewhere. Will have to look over my character first, though.

So I literally rolled a die just to see what number I would get (a six-sided die) and, using Burns' Luck setting, I set 1-4 as a successful escape from her current situation, and I rolled a three. Since you didn't say anything about it, I'm just going to have her skitter along if that's okay. She'll probably end up in a fenced-off courtyard or something. where they put the slaves to work.

Don't say I didn't give you a chance to say no or correct me or anything.

There wasn't really anything to say no to. All you said was your character was going to skitter off into a corner. Doesn't take luck; it takes free will.

She's smack dab in front of a guard, with her head down.

It's still just an action. Guard's likely pretty distracted.

Thus, the chance.

If you really want to justify luck that weakly. It's probably safe to say that those guards are doing their best to survive, too. I'd say Shamu's a little more threatening at the moment.

Men tend to be more afraid of their boss than something they're trying to kill. You can't kill your boss. Especially when your boss can have you killed. Really, what I'm trying to say is, men fear men more than beasts.

...I'm not even sure that's worth responding to. So I won't. Or maybe I will. -shrug-

People, in times of great stress, tend to forget morals and petty stuff like who their boss is ("Every man for himself!" attitude). Typically, survival is the first instinct. If survival aligns with a certain goal, then sure, they'll go along with it. But people tend to disobey orders when their lives are on the line...so long as their not brainwashed in some sort of cult. In which case, their death isn't a threat. So...

Unless this guy's a pacifist, an idiot, or a fanatic (only one seems likely at the moment), I'd say one pathetic little slave isn't going to make much of a difference to him. What's she gonna do? Slap him? I think Shamu slapping him would be a bigger threat in his mind. Not to mention he's just watched some of his comrades getting taken out effortlessly by a Behemoth, and said Behemoth seems to be unaffected by hundreds of bullets. I'm sure it does wonders for morale. Not that he's some green vault dweller or anything, but still. I'm sure he won't be helping with the escape (there, I can agree with your point), but hell if he's going to care about a slave moving around like all the others probably are. I'd even venture so far as to say he might be smart enough not to shoot his gun, even, so Shamu keeps ignoring him. THAT would be luck.

Not every action needs to rely so heavily on attributes.

This is a pointless conversation, if we're going to argue or something we should do so privately. On another note, I agree with you completely.

(It wasn't pointless, and it wasn't arguing. It was on-topic, and was a logical debate. -shrug-)

So...I really hope no one's waiting for me to post. I'd much rather have other people do so and show up when I'm needed. And if people are waiting for me, just...do your thing. Not that it's likely or anything; I just wanted to throw that out there.