Fallout: Remember the Alamo OOC

• Thread starter CosmicWeinerDog
  • Start date
YOU'RE TOO LATE, GRUMPY, I'VE ALREADY BOUGHT AND PLAYED BOTH!

I have every fallout game (multiple copies of 3 and NV), including the PnP. The not-Exodus one. Horrible canon-breaker, that one, what with half-muties and whatnot.

Oh, and I'm already working on my character for this. I've been talking it out with CWD on Skype for days. Won't see her yet, though. My hope is to please Grumpy.

Will edit her into this post unless someone replies. Then new post. All I have left is expansion. Already have a LOT of the details covered, just haven't written them beyond my shorthand.

Erms is going to come in later after the jail break. She'll be the first of many that will be joining post intro and actually have ties to the surrounding area. From here out, anyone planning on joining will need to contact me so I can fill them in on plot and net them a fitting entrance. Kinda like how finding NPC allies along the game hold ties to factions, plot and what have you.

Spams, this means you. Get with me at some point so we can start discussing ways you can get in on this chaos.

In other news, I had to write that last post twice... My browser ate it the first time and I wasn't smart enough to use Word in this instance.

Lesson to be learned here folks. Don't be a dumb. Use word. Save your stuff.

Feel free to describe some of the chaos going on in the tunnel AS YOU FUCKERS ARE STILL IN THERE. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm not usually this sadistic, I blame it being 6 in the morning. Which reminds me. I'm going to go put myself into a coma. You folks stay classy.

I could post what I have now. Just have to expand it to actual sentences instead of thoughts, and more importantly have to name her, but I have the name written somewhere else.

Edit: I think it's good now.

Name: Mina
Race: Ghoul
Appearance: Somehow, the "Blessing of Atom" seemed to have left her alone, for the most part. Sure, she's still rotting away, and she's not smooth, by any means. She has her fair share of open wounds. Her nose doesn't serve its purpose anymore, not with the sandstorm she had to endure a few years ago. It's still there in spirit, though, and she still likes to pretend it's there, but she knows it's not, and is very self-conscious of the fact. She picked up all her clothes recently, as part of an advertisement campaign of sorts for the trading company, and they even supplied her with a .357 revolver and three full cylinders of ammo for self defense and food (if she was desperate). She's still got most of the ammo, and she's not entirely sure how to use it, but compared to the rifle they offered her initially, it was far less likely to hurt her more than whatever she shot it at. While she may have been young when she changed, that was still hundreds of years ago, and it wasn't worth losing an arm to find out her newer limits.

Backstory
Originally born in Wales several years prior to the War, she moved with her family when she was in early primary school. They'd started a business, sort of. It involved a lot of things Mina doesn't care to admit, as most would have been considered illegal. The money was good, but that wasn't an issue to begin with; the family was old-money, inheriting countless amounts of money and property. And then the bombs fell. She was 12, and while their home had a perfectly suitable shelter, it didn't provide food for them for nearly as long as they'd intended. They'd take turns going out and foraging whenever they could, eventually learning how the new economy was set up. It was enough to get them back out as merchants, selling anything they could while traveling on the road. They eventually reached Lone Star. Now, they'd already been ghouls for a long time, and it didn't go over too well with everyone, but there was one group who was perfectly willing to incorporate them into their similar business. They'd been taken in by the ghoul trading company stationed there. They were given a vast amount of leeway into how they did business, but they did have to support the central hub; in exchange for some extra protection and some additional resources, they were charged 10% of everything they sold.

It seemed perfect, her family traveling as a gypsy caravan, all together and working toward a family business. Mina, however, wasn't interested in some of their tactics. Even though she split from them, the rumors persisted about the family cursing anyone who got in their way, or was unwilling to pay the increase in sales. People who saw her coming knew to watch out. Almost anyone who shared her accent was typically associated with them, and also got the rumors applied to them. Obviously, there was nothing that was true about the rumors, but when someone tells you that radiation can make someone into what they are, and normal animals have become horrific creatures through forced evolution, it's hard to not believe there's even a small chance that magic had emerged.

Somehow, even after 200 years in Texas, her and her family have managed to maintain the same strong Welsh accent. It makes it even easier to believe they have some sort of supernatural powers; it's hard to override an accent that forces itself upon you with years of exposure, much less centuries.

The trading company sent her to investigate rumors of "water farm" being set up. If these rumors were true, they'd want access. She may not have been the best of their merchants, but she certainly was the best of the expendable ones. There was no way they'd send a good trader out over a rumor that could just as easily be a trap, after all.

SPECIAL
Strength: 1
Perception: 8
Endurance: 7
Charisma: 7
Intelligence: 7
Agility: 4
Luck: 6

Tag Skills
Barter - ...yeah. Merchant.
Outdoorsman - After the bombs dropped, it was learn to survive in the new world or die. She chose the former...in an optimist's point of view.
Pilot - Not every delivery is safe enough to wander alone with a pack brahmin and a guard. And sometimes, merchandise needs to be exchanged quickly and across great distances.
Science - An advantage of having been born rich before the war, she had a little bit of knowledge that people now rarely ever find out, or have a need to.

Yessir, however at this point I need to plug new characters into the meat of the main storyline. Can't just be a random wanderer caught up by slavers. PM me the details of what you want to play archetype wise and I'll fill you in on places you could be from and and what's going on in those locations.

Just thought I'd point out that I made the necessary edits to the CS. I wouldn't mind if it got looked over, though, as I'm a little bit sleepy.

I'm curious how you plan to play out a character with a Str of 1.

But it looks good!

She doesn't do a lot of lifting. Going by F3 and F:NV rules, that's a carry weight of 160. And I assume she's got a brahmin or some kind of vehicle.

sorry, I haven't posted in a while. I went out camping, so I'll start working on a post in a couple hours

Okay, so...I know what ghouls sound like, obviously, but...for some reason, I hear Cabel's voice in my head as if he were played by Sean Connery.

I can't possible imagine Connery saying Fuck.

My brain hurts trying to imagine a Sean Connery ghoul's voice.

Not sure how it works, it's just his voice I hear.

Sorry about my absence this week guys. This week has been all kinds of proper stupid.

Gonna get this story back on track here soon. Expect a post up proooooooobably by monday if not sooner.