Fallout 4 Confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, the settlement is gonna be like some pseudo Civilization shit. Gotta make sure you have a decent supply of food, water, power, and happy. You can even have trade routes between your settlements? Baller. I wonder just how deep that aspect will be, I mean, just on the surface level it looks pretty intense but what will you be able to regulate about them? If you can erect your own bandit/raider fortress, I'm gonna flip. Even if not there'll probably eventually be mods that'll let you do that kind of thing.

Their settlement stuff sounds like they directly based it on Fallout New Vegas's "Real Time Settler" Mod.

I might have said this before, but the settling system sounds a bit too good to be true for me. I'm sure there's some sort of catch here they're not telling us about.

Damn it, I'm getting cynical.

I might have said this before, but the settling system sounds a bit too good to be true for me. I'm sure there's some sort of catch here they're not telling us about.

Damn it, I'm getting cynical.
Well if there is, the Modding Community will fix it quickly.

Waiting is hard.

I'm ridiculously exited for this. Been playing Fallout since the first, and it's come along way. Maybe not in the direction a lot of people like, but sometimes a good change or two is needed to keep something alive. I'd normally get games on xbox, but don't own an xbox one so I guess I'll be getting it for PC instead.

Waiting is going to be hard.

I've been following a tumblr blog for a while now.

It's called Is Fallout 4 Out Yet?

It consists of a guy who has been daily updating the blog with "Day X, Fallout 4 still isn't out yet," Starting from the first day he made the blog 980 days ago.

It now has a countdown timer too.

Rejoice, for Fallout 4 comes out in 142 days.

Waiting is harder when you know how long you have left.

I was impressed somebody finally made a game where NPCs can recognize and say your name. Been waiting for that for a while!
Well, the majority of players name their characters after themselves or take some real gems like "Bob," or "George." But remember that this is a roleplay website, we are the type of people to get in-depth with this kind of stuff. I doubt any name recognition will be ready for the demented names Iwaku can summon.

For example, most of my character names in RPGs come from ancient city names; Jericho, Uruk, ect..

For example, most of my character names in RPGs come from ancient city names; Jericho, Uruk, ect..
Jericho (depending on spelling) might actually get a pass. Uruk wouldn't. :ferret:

I suspect they'll just look at a list of the top X used names out of statistical databases. Although I do admit it would be hilarious if your waifu (or husbando) could say something truly bizarre, like "asdfasdfasdf." Hearing that aloud would make my damn day.

When it comes to Fallout my most common name is "Zane" or "Zane Gural".

I'm totally naming my character 'Tycho Merax'. I'll bet though that his name will auto-default to Tyler or something. Though I could probably work that into his backstory; Once named Tyler, once he emerged from Vault 111 he renamed himself Tycho, since he was truly no longer the man he was before.

Also,
Uz and Ur.

Oh my god! Fallout 4 is coming! Watched the videos, and I'm more than excited. You get ... you get a dog in this one. You can build settlements. A talking protagonist? Why I think I'm sold already!

In summary ...

• Love
Reactions: Grothnor
Status
Not open for further replies.