Fahrenheit City

Status
Not open for further replies.
pic001.png

Name: Jack Jintel

Species: Fair Folk

OHSHITWRITING_zpsce827ad6.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=390]Effort[/MENTION]: Alex is all approved!

[MENTION=972]XC[/MENTION]: There's no deadline for bios, although we are looking to start soon. We'll still be accepting characters after IC is up, though, as long as we don't have too many people in the mix.

Did you have any particular idea for what your hustler would be involved in? Is he mixed up in Manashine? Some other venture? Who would he work with?

I'm not sure how well the creepy doll girl would fit in with the setting.

[MENTION=4437]Ceridwyn[/MENTION]: I think a newbie cop could be a good angle. What exactly did you have in mind? (I'll let Revi weigh in on law enforcement as a whole.)

[MENTION=5119]Journey[/MENTION]: As absolutely wonderful as that character picture is, I'm not sure what you're going for is a good fit for the game. I don't have a problem with you playing an influential Fae out of hand, but he seems very one-note and doesn't really showcase the sense of style we're looking for. He's very high-powered, which isn't necessarily bad either, but I don't see much to balance that out. I'm also going to point out that Arcadia is usually only associated with myth from Greek sources rather than say, Celtic; as far as I'm aware, White Wolf's Changeling is the first to use it as a Fae homeland in the sense you're running with. If your character had a Greek flavor, it'd be one thing, but I'm not seeing that here. I love me some WoD, but WoD this ain't.

Law enforcement in the particular neighborhood is somewhat under the thumb of the O'Morgans. There are some good cops who try to do right, but they usually have a hard time of it. I'd say that this neighborhood has a rather underfunded and put upon police department, as well, since this is a sort of border neighborhood and there are going to be a lot of things going down. Essentially, if you're working here you either live here and are protecting your family by being a cop, or you work for the O'Morgans, or you pissed off the city politicians and they want you out of the way.

I'll work on some revisions, honestly It's been hard for me to write lately so I'll take a step back and think more on this concept. Thanks for the input and you are correct! I love me some WoD as well, I knew the actual history and place of Arcadia in greek terms, but my mind was elsewhere and I connected Fae to Arcadia in WoD terms. Thanks again, I'll see what else I can come up with.

Reactions: Astaroth
Hey, Ozzie or Revi. I was wondering if I could get some more information on the Lupinis. I'm thinking, with Mayur controlling a large share of the textile/clothing market he may have a place in the Lupini's history. If you think that'd be alright, I'd like to write it into his profile. I'd just like to make sure I do it with regard to anything you guys have planned. Any additional information or suggestions would be awesome!

Names for the realm faeries come from vary from culture to culture; in Irish folklore (which tends to be the framework most people base modern 'fae' interpretations) the Tuatha Dé Danann (think your elves and the like; we reckon they were pre-Christian gods or something similar) were said to have lived on a mysterious island to the west of Ireland, which apparently vanished into the ocean once they were deposed as the rulers of the country, and the Aos Sí (the Irish version of faeries, fauns and all that sort) were said to live underground in faerie mounds or 'sídhe'. As for what they called them, that's where you run into the massively frustrating parts of verbal-based folklore and tales because they've got more fucking names for were they lived than I've eaten hot meals. Oz is indeed right, though; Arcadia's generally more associated with Greek myths, though White Wolf used it for Changeling as the home of the True Fae.

On a related note, though, we approve of the WoD references. WoD is awesome.

Of course you do. Here's a bit of string; go play with it in the corner.

Would it be possible to get some more information regarding when the city was formed, and some background info on it? If I had some more history to delve into the character creation would go all the more easy for me.

Thanks!

Okay, I've got a bit of an announcement to make. Due to medical issues, Revision is stepping down as GM and turning this little project over to me. I've brought on Grumpy NotaIrish to be my new co-GM and sort things out. Expect us to take a day or two to get up to speed; meanwhile, keep posting those characters. We want to get this train rolling soon!

(If you've asked a worldbuilding question, stand by. One of us will get to you ASAP.)

• Thank You
Reactions: Hecatoncheires
Awww, that's a damn shame. Is Revi still playing in the game or is she dropping out completely?

I am still here and still interested... I just have 0 muse right now to make a character for the Lupini's

You should make him some kind of lycanthrope, that would be cool :U

Another RP I've gone brain dead for. I've mulled over a few characters but nothing sets well with me. Sadly, I'll be dropping from this one as well. Sorry folks!

Go and watch some noir-ish gangster movies. Proper prohibition-era shit; 'Boardwalk Empire', 'The Road To Perdition'. Hell, even stuff like 'Goodfellas' and 'Gangs of New York' will help. Imagine those sorts of characters and locales, in a more retro-futuristic setting (Ozzie coined the term Magipunk, which fits nicely) and with a dosage of Shadowrun's "fantastical creatures doing dodgy, illegal shit".

Imagine what sort of characters might exist in such a dangerous, violent environment. That might help get the ol' creative juices flowing.

Revi's still with us as a player for the moment.

To add to Grumpy's recommendations, there's a documentary on Netflix titled "Prohibition" for those of you with access to instant play. I'm also still up for bouncing ideas around for anyone who needs it.

Taking that advice and welcoming it into my evening plans. I'm in, but I'm chilling in Angelus's boat.

If you're looking for some quick inspiration, here's a spoilers-light scene from Season Three of Boardwalk Empire.

I'm so sorry for disappearing for so long without leaving notice! I'm back! I've had family visiting, I just moved, and today I started a new job. It's been hectic, but I really want to get into role-playing again.

To be honest getting back into the writing game hasn't been as easy as I'd hoped it would be. But I really do want to join this rp and role-play again! I've got most of Mayur's profile done, but I find myself agonizing over little details. Just forgive me if there's any mistakes and if it takes me a little while. I want to make sure I know who he is before I post anything. Once that's done I should be good!

Status
Not open for further replies.