Fahrenheit City

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to talk plot or character development, please feel free to shoot me a PM.

I'm also available for soundboarding and brainstorming purposes!

Koobear, it would actually be pretty sweet if you want to make her Yang Cuifen.

[MENTION=31]Myrnodyn[/MENTION], [MENTION=58]Grumpy NotaIrish[/MENTION], [MENTION=477]Kooriryu[/MENTION]: You guys are all approved, if the thumbs-up/hearts on your sheets didn't tell you that.

|8 I'm just feeling the need to fill what looks like a gap with the whole Family and friend-of-the-family angle. The one other reason was to give Cuifen a more solid tie to interacting with the P.I. than "Oh hey, you come here for coffee as do I. Let's chat and it'll be completely natural!"

EDIT: Nevermind that sounds good already, are Family members going to be a thing that's playable or just treat them as NPC?

Last edited by a moderator:
MAKE THAT DAME A YANG IF YOU WANNA. IT GIVES US IDEAS. 8D

The only problem I'm having with this character is that I'm worried I'm making him too damn ostentatious. The roles I've thought up for him so far have been as follows: clothing boutique operator, television/radio psychic (or personality), or not so subtle collector and distributor of rumors and information. So far I'm thinking the first option might be best, as the Lupinis have an in with the manufacturing sector. He could be doing some shady business with textiles . . . because you know textiles can be so dubious.

Edit: Also, as a werepeacock, I was wondering if it would be more appropriate for Mayur to have the standard black hair or blue/green hair to match with his animal side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Astaroth
Ooh, The Yang family sounds fitting for a character I'm thinking of. Do all the characters have to be exactly 'living'? Or could they be a creation of oh I don't know... a wizard?

Shady textiles yes oh god do it. ManaFiber. Oh god.

He probably has naturally black hair, but he could totally dye it!

iForgot, I am assuming you mean constructs/golems? I'd prefer that there not be construct PCs at the moment.

On Essence and Manashine

Essence is the pure magic that seeps through from the closed gates. Not only this, but each magically gifted person is born with a small amount of essence that diminishes as they use it and can only be used to power small spells or abilities. Essence coming through the gates is harvested by the Families and sold as a very high priced commodity or greedily hoarded for upper level agents of the Families.

Manashine, produced through alchemy, is a liquid that acts very much like essence in that it powers spells and other magical abilities. However, since it is unnatural and harsh, it creates chemical dependence rapidly, especially if taken in high doses. It can absorb through the skin in concentrated form but is more often consumed by mixing a drop or two with a beverage. Strong alcohol is preferred as it is about the only thing that can block out the horrible taste of manashine. Manashine addiction can lead to peculiar side effects and a bad batch of manashine can cause a complete shutdown of magical perception on a permanent basis.

Oh, that's fine. You wouldn't mind a normal human with relations to the yang family then, would you?

Human involved with the Yangs sounds fine!

Sweet! Okay, I think I found Mayur's place in Fahrenheit City. I'll have it up tonight for sure!

Well, by normal I mean quantinum physics scientist who learned the secrets of reality

Name: Samuel Wasisabi

Species: Human

Biography: As a child, Samuel lived on them outskirts of town, which was a little quieter and less crime-ridden then the center. His parents never liked going to the city, and mostly went there for large buys like TV or furniture. On occasion, people came to their house with gifts. He figured out it was the Yang family as he overheard, something having to do with his father doing a great deed.

He was always amazed by quantinum physics. And of course, grew up to be a quantinum physicist. One day at work, he found something amazing. It allowed his to see everything, true reality. Things that were there, but also here, things that moved somewhere, but were already there. He sees the echo of cries from the universe.

And from that, he became probably the most opptimistic person in the world. For every sad and pessimistic view, he has a better, happier one. His smile is brightest, his happiness is true.

Description: He is tall and has naturally tan skin. His eyes are light brown as well as his hair, which is, by the best I can say, all sticky-up-y. He wears a brown suit and greyish green tie, and wears a brown trench coat with pockets he often puts his hands in, along with a variety of items.

Affiliations or Family Ties: The Yang Family

Something Important in the Neighborhood: The neighborhood has a park with a statue that unkowingly has a secret passage underneath that leads to an old bomb shelter.

[MENTION=5121]iForgot[/MENTION]: Your character bio is really vague regarding important aspects of the character, and the quantum physics angle is really not in keeping with the themes and setting of the game. He also has very little going for him that would get him involved in the plot, given that he's not a magic user, he has no reason for interacting with the P.I., and his only ties to any of the Families involve some unknown deed that his father supposedly did for the Yangs.

If you need help coming up with a workable concept, feel free to give either Revi or me a holler.

Still brainstorming ideas that appeal to me -- I'll draft a character up tomorrow into Thursday and go from there. :) Thanks for pinging me.

Um, um, um ... The character muses in my head are still brawling! Some have been beheaded or disemboweled, thankfully, but a new one just joined the fight.

What's the deadline for bios? And, and, and, I'm wondering - what is the extent of usage of the natural Essence a person has?

I'm struggling between a street operative who everyone knows as a small-time hustler, smuggler, etc - whatever clandestine, borderline illegal or completely illegal scheme or operation can rely on him as another face in their midst, sorta person.

And a creepy magic girl who does magic in relation to dolls.

Where does law enforcement stand in all of this? How well are they equipped in dealing with the prohibition of Essence and all the regulations on blood and rituals? And more over, are they bought out in favor of the O'Morgans, which opens the door to the family controlling the Manashine trade so well?

I've been mulling over a (newbie) cop for this -- it feels like a nice angle to play from.

That could actually play off my character nicely, they have a grudge against flatfoots for two good reasons...

Status
Not open for further replies.