1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Intermediate
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Alt History, Anything really. It honestly depends on how I'm feeling. I am always up for a good, solid Cyberpunk RP. I'm also up for Crossover RPs.
This is a thread where you can post facts that you know for no reason at all! Call them trivial, call them useless information, here's where you put 'em for all to see and have even more of these facts!

Hemoglobin is made of heme groups, which are porphyrin bound to iron. Porphyrin absorbs a lot of visible light and its name comes from the word meaning "purple". This pigments hemoglobin, which lends blood its red color.

Reactions: Dervish
The acid in your stomach is so powerful, your body has to replenish cells at a rate that you effectively have a brand new stomach every 4-5 days. Likewise, every seven years, every cell in your body will have been replaced at least once.

If you had one milileter of chromosomes in a container, it would be so dense a Saturn V rocket couldn't lift it.

Reactions: Shiri
If you had one milileter of chromosomes in a container, it would be so dense a Saturn V rocket couldn't lift it.
Wow.

That's really something.

What does the fox say?

Well, I wouldn't be able to translate, but foxes do use many different kinds of vocalizations. For example a type of short, high pitched bark used for warning. There's also a screaming call used by vixens (but sometimes by males as well), there's a howling call, whimpering- there's up to and maybe more than twenty distinct calls they make, apparently.

The most common is known as gekkering. It sounds almost like a strange kind of laugh.

I researched all this for roleplay reasons. ^_^'

Spider's legs do not have any muscles in them. They move them by purposely shooting blood into each limb, which causes them to move. So a good way to tell whether or not a spider is dead is by looking at the legs. When they die, the blood drains back into their body, causing the legs to curl inward.

Wow.

That's really something.

Yeah, biology class kind of blew my mind with that one. It's impossible to think of a tiny drop of something being so heavy a rocket that clears atmosphere can't lift it, but alas, that's how tiny our chromosomes are.

That's a myth, it's not actually true.

Interesting! I'll give that a watch.

I feel lied to all these years.
Edit:

Watched it, oh shit, Hank Green! He's fantastic.

I had no idea that they determined a cell's life from carbon-14 levels, that is pretty cool, and it totally slipped my mind that some cells never get replaced.

Learning is fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hatsune Candy
I'm loving this thread so far :D I can't wait to impart wisdom on my students. They'll think I'm oh so cool. ;D

Reactions: Pahndemic
This scene wasn't scripted and was actually improvised.

Christopher Columbus never set foot on any land that is now one of the fifty United States.

To keep rabbits out of your garden use lavender, cinnamon, or used coffee grounds around the perimeter.

Reactions: Greenie
Here are some fun facts!

In the Arabic language, there are no equivalent letters for the following: Hard G, P, V, along with the sound 'Ch'.

The 'D' sound is actually more the 'th' sound. There is also an equivalent letter for the sound 's' and 'z' give when you pronounce it with a lisp.

Reactions: Crescent
Only female primates, some bats, and the elephant shrews menstruate. Aren't we just the luckiest things? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.