FABLE: The New Heroes

Uunia padded his way forward, his steps soft and making almost no sound as he moved through the brush, watching his step so as not to alert the fiends ahead. He beckoned for Ella to follow in the steps he was making, hoping that she would get a little experience in herself. He finally came to a rather well let spot, a clearing made by the bandits that was lit with a small campfire. From the looks of things, they had just gotten done with a raid, passed out asleep from bottles of cheap booze, clothes covered in dried blood, and the leftover bones from that of a meal were scattered about the ground. Their were only 4 of them, most of them didn't look like much, save the one sitting in a makeshift throne of broken wagon parts. He was rather large, covered in vicious looking tattoos and scars, and had a cleaver on his side, it caked with gore from a fresh kill. He lay snoring against the back of the chair as Uunia shook his head. This was WAY too easy, but with this being her first time, he saw no reason to make things difficult...at least not yet.

He drew his bow, lining up a shot to the large Bandit's face, knowing that at this range, it was more than lethal. He held his breath, steadying himself, mostly so that Ella would see his form, and let the arrow fly. His aim was true, it striking the bandit in the dead center of his head, impaling his body to the back oc the throne. The Bandit gave only a small gasp from the strike and was well dead before then. The other bandits shot up from the yelp, looking around and stumbling drunkenly as they saw to the source of the yelling. One of the others then looked to there leader and gasped, "Bloody 'ell is this! Garth got 'em self a shaft in 'is noggin." he said as he pulled the arrow out, and watching the body slump over and fall to the ground, "Look like we got ourselves a 'ero nearby..." he said with grit teeth as he pulled out a rather nasty looking axe, he swinging into the nearby bush.

Uunia had to stifle a slight chuckle at his work, he grinning to Ella but motioning to keep her silence. He then looked and saw a prime target for her, one of the bandits still extremely drunk was just stumbling around with a bottle in his hand. He nodded to her, thinking she could take him out with a well placed bolt of lightning or perhaps his bow should she require it.

Desmond waited for Blair to take the lead, his eyes trailing down a bit as she did. Not bad at all. He'd stare for a moment, but quickly catch up to her before she could get too far away. "Well, I'm not sure exactly", he started as he returned to her side, following her closely, "Something light-weight and easy to handle, for sure. I doubt I'd be much good with one of those massive blades you see brutes swinging around. " A small, light blade would suit him fine. Sure, it took a bit of strength to keep the recoil of a good rifle from knocking you onto your back, but that was much different from swinging around a huge sword or an axe.

( Oh there he is. I was starting to miss you -grins- )

Elle looked from Unnia to the drunk group ahead of then and back to him. She got what he wanted her to do and she gulped nervously looking at her opponent to be. Her dagger was still in her hand that was starting to shake again with the anticipation of spilled blood. All she had to do was take care of this drunken bastard before he got her hands on her. Either it was him living to cause pain or her living to avoid it. She chose to live. After killing the wolves, Elle felt shaken up and guilty but this was no wolf. It was a person that might have committed innocent murder on the past. Not going to let you do that again...

Without another look at Uunia, Elle swiftly ran toward the man and when he was about to swing at her with the bottle in his arm she turned around behind in and hold the dagger against his neck. Quickly, she slashed his neck hearing the man slumped on the floor. She stood frozen, panting as if she had run a mile or so. This is how it felt to kill a person, at least a murderer or worse. Her heart was racing but there was no time to stand there and think about what she had done. At least, there were a small group of bandits gathering around her, some watching Uunia. Elle held her dagger tighter as she looked at the filthy men but then gaze at Uunia. What is your plan she thought.

As Uunia saw Ella burst from the bush to the bandit, he at first that he had imagined it, 'no...no way...she can't be that green to just rush in like that...right?' he said in his mind as he sighed and turned to face his partner's actions. To his dismay, she had indeed rushed in, but managed to take out one of the men, slashing his throat and leaving a nice arc of blood to spray onto the forest floor. "A bit flashy but effective..." he said quietly as he knocked his bow once again. With one of them men looking to her, and the other pulling his sword, staring at the darkness from where she came from, Uunia judged the situation. It wasn't terrible, and they would both survive, but he didn't want to have to resort to wielding his blade so soon. He let the arrow fly from his bow into the bandit's chest, making him drop his weapon and writh in pain as he felt the shaft poking out from his ribs. Uunia then stepped forward, his horns showing as a light breeze waved his silvery white hair out of the way of his golden eyes. He gripped the katana at his back, and unsheathed it slowly as he looked to the man that was still with an arrow in him, he looking in terror of Uunia, "W-wait, please!" he begged but before he could grovel any longer, Uunia swung his blade, it cleaving the man's head clear off his shoulders.

Uunia then turned to the other that had witnessed Uunia's act and saw now that he was indeed very outnumbered. Uunia's gaze one in the man's eyes, he pointing his blade, it still covered in the other bandit's gore, and proclaimed, "Riff-raff....that is what you are...you and your ilk praying on the defencless....makes me proud to end such worthless lives..." he said in a near growl as he stepped forward, blade still aimed at the bandit. The Bandit then gulped, drawing his blade as Uunia stalked ever closer. The man's mind was clearly racing, wondering how he could live through such an ordeal and saw hsi opportinuty. He Grabbed the fallen leader's cleaver and gripped his own dagger and barked, "S-stay back! I swear I'll come at you both!!" he said out of fear, he pointing both weapons at the two of them, his mind sober now after a bit of drinking from before. Uunia chuckled at the man, calling his bluff as he narrowed his gaze. "That so? Then what are you waiting for scum? I'm right here..." he said, goading the man on. The man then grit his teeth, how dare this white haired bastard egg him into killing, its what he did best. He then roared as he charged at Uunia, but Uunia stayed calm, waiting till the man was upon him. Once within range, his mana markings glowed bright and he stepped towards the man, but rather than running into him, Uunia seemed to step through him at a rather alarming speed. He stopped, planting his feet down behind the man as he swung with both weapons, grinning wildly as he as he turned about. The Bandit looked to see where Uunia had gone then, felt the cold metal of Uunia's katana go through his back and out through his sternum. It happened so fast that if Ella where to blink, she would have missed the action. Uunia then pushed the blade further in as he moved up beside the bandit and grabbed him by his ragged looking hair, "Isn't that a shame...and here you thought you had a chance against us...sorry to ruin it for you...but just so you know, you helped a student of mine with her first experience with your kind, why not thank her for the opportunity to slaughter such wretched souls." he said in a dark and sinister tone that only he would hear. The bandit in his last bit of life, would feel the blade leave his chest and fall to his knees as blood oozed from the open wound. He would then look up to Ella as his last words trickled from his lips, "Damn.........." he then fell to the ground nothing but a cooling corpse. Uunia then took the time to clean his blade and sighed, "You were foolish to rush in like that...what if there were more...what if I wasn't here to guard your back....what would you have done then Ella...?" he said calmly as he sheathed his blade and looked to her, "Next time think with your head, not with your blade." he said as he motioned for her to follow. It would be some time before they'd run into there target.

"Give me a break Uunia" Elle said tirely as she inspected the dead body in front of her finding only a few gold coins. She blinked and raised her hands to her mouth realizing she had spoken her thoughts out loud. "Sorry" she mumbled as she survey the other dead bodies. Most of them had gold coins but the biggest one had a gold ring with a ruby. Taking it she slid it in her middle finger, perfect fit. Hurriedly, Elle stood up made a disgusting face at the bloody mess and walked behind Uunia in silent. Today she had experienced her first kill of both animal and man not counting what waited ahead of them. The mission wasn't even completed. It was getting hard to breath as she thought about the situation more and more. Closing her eyes she took a deep relaxing gush of air and let it out slowing feeling already better. Control yourself Elle, just listen to the man and keep your big mouth shut. Her actions were reckless, having charge like that into the open could have killed her if Uunia wasn't there. Deep inside she wanted to prove to him that she was worthy but the more she try, the more her actions seemed childish and immature. Lord save me.

"Give you a break...?" he said the words as if he couldn't believe he was hearing, he turning his sights on her. He looked to her with a rather enraged glare, he grasping the hold on his bow as he walked up to her, "You want a break? Alright, how about next time we run into a few of those cut throats, I throw you into teh fray and let them have there way with you!" He barked, anger setting in from her naive words, "This is why I don't work with green horns. You worn them of the danger, tell them to follow instructions and when we get on to them for screwing up, they act like they know what there doing. Thing is, YOU DON'T. So do not even sit here and act like you knew how to handle that. The moment you think you know more about this hero stuff than I do, face me in the arena so I can take you down a few pegs, or even snuff your life from this spit of ground and offer it to the Lords of Death." he said as he glared down at her. "Now follow my lead, shut your trap, and do as I command, or next time you pull a stunt like that, I'll let them ravage you against a tree right before they gut you." he said coldly as he made he turned about and headed further into the wood.

The trees were getting more scarce and were starting to look more of the forests of the north, and the air was started to have a chill to it. The ground itself began to crunch beneath there feet. As Uunia Walked on, his breath started to show in front of him, showing the cold that was upon them. He sighed as he looked to the sky, clouds were beginning to form and it was very late in the middle of the night. "We need to find an Inn...I don't feel like making camp in the middle of freezing rain and snow..." he said calmly as they pressed on. After a good hour of walking, the light of a tavern nestled in to the broken down road. He put away his bow and looked back to Ella, seeing as how they had dealt with quite a lot so far and both needed some rest. He opened the door looking into the establishment. It was rather cozy looking, with a few bar maids seeing to a few rather scruffy looking customers, a bartender, and a stair case that lead up to the upper story of the tavern. "This will do nicely..." he said as he walked over to the bartender, discussing a price for a one night stay. "Ah, Mr. Galbranth, so good to see-"

"Cut the chit chat, I need 2 beds, food, and some ale...and perhaps some company for the night." he said with a chuckle as he looked to one of the younger maids, she looking back with a slight blush.

"Heh, we can help you with the first three, but that last one is up to her. That'll be 300 coins." Uunia then nodded and placed the gold on the counter, he finding a nearby table and sitting in it after removing the top layer of his leather armor and gloves, leaving him with his just his leather pants, a gray sleeveless shirt, and boots. Hos body shown his actions as a hero, he having ancient looking tattoos up his arms that went well with the ever growing mana lines showing up on his skin. He had a scar that could be seen on the upper part of his chest and his hands were rough from constant archery and spell flinging. He awaited for there food as well as Ella to sit with him.

The whole way back towards the Inn Elle walked in silence. Her mind raced through so many accusations, remarks but most of all, apologies. Those few hours were eternal to her and the silence was unbearable. The clothes she was wearing wouldn't do nothing to keep her warm from the cold night and the breeze. It was a relief when they spotted the Inn. The inside was small but there was the warmth she needed to her shivering body. She heard Uunia talked to the bartender and winced when she heard him say 'company for the night'. Men, always getting what they need and want. Turning away she walked to a small fireplace and stopped in front of it not wanting to be near Uunia. He was right in everything he had said. I am unworthy...useless. But I will prove everyone that is about to change. Lifting her hands, she was careful not to move them to close to the fire. As she looked at the flames her thoughts went back to Uunia. "How could he..." she began saying to herself but bit her lip hard. Just shut it Elle haven't you had enough already? I am helpless she thought and the corner of her lips turned up into a half sad smile.

Blair listened to him as he caught up, thinking for a moment. "Hm, maybe a cutlass would be good for you," she said, turning to look at him. She examined him slightly, smiling a little. "Or maybe a simple sword, but mainly I think you'd do better with a cutlass." She continued walking, able to see Evelyn's stall coming up, they'd be there any moment now.

She stopped and pulled her sword out, handing it to him carefully. "Here, let me see how you look with a sword," she said, "Tell me how you feel with it."

"There's nothing in that fire you know..." he said as he spoke up, looking to Ella as the bar maid came with a rather large assortment of food for the two of them. He sat up a little and grabbed a few of the fresh vegetables and munched on a bit of carrot before speaking again, "Just sit down, eat, and regain your strength. We've come a long way and you need to rest up." he then nodded to the bar Maid and tipped her a few gold coins. His mind then wondered about the upcoming part of the mission and how far they'd be going. It would be another night till they'd meet the client, and the wilderness was known for being a little less kind on the road ahead. It would be prime teaching moments for Ella, and a few headaches for him, but he was not about to let that cloud his mind. He then looked to her, once he was done think about the landmarks he knew along the way, "Listen, before you get bent out of shape, you're doing fine. Many heroes have had rough starts, some more so than others. So buck up and get that sour look off that face of yours. It's not befitting a woman, especially one from the guild." he said as he smoothed his hair back, catching himself on his horns. "Oi...damn these things...might have to take a trip to the temple of Avo...I want my forehead back..." he said with a sigh. "Good thing that's along the way. Might even get to see a few heroes making offerings to the one upstairs, if you get my meaning." he said as he grabbed a fork and knife and dug into some fish, it filling him rather nicely, "And do eat something, I did order quite a bit Ella." he said with a chuckle.

"For someone who just fought a couple of wolves, bandits, and walked for hours you sure seem to be in a good mood." Ella said as she turn and took the seat across Uunia. The quantity of food was great like he had said and she found herself going for the chicken first. It was the most delicious thing she have had in a long while. Meat was one of her weakness at least a food weakness. After having a slice of bread and two strawberries she looked at Uunia. "Why take your..."she signalled to his horns and continued"...out? Does it bother you?" asked mildly curious, her eyes inspecting him. "Just be yourself, your true nature" she shrugged as if nothing and grabbed the glass of water, sipping on it while not taking her eyes of him. Anyone should be able to show who they really are to the world without being judge. But then again, maybe he just doesn't like them. Uunia's mysteriousness intrigued her.

"I don't want them because I am a hero, not some crazed maniac. I have to talk to people with these things on my head and it doesn't really give people a reason to talk to me, especially clients from the guild." he said as he sipped at a bit of wine, he licking his lips a little as he looked back to her, "Besides, it's hard to get close to people when they are too scared they might get poked in the eye." he said with a chuckle as he leaned back, looking to her, he noting her eyes on him, "As for my mood, I'm just glad to be doing something worth the time of a hero. Granted we aren't going out lich hunting, cleaving our way through hollow men, or facing foes like Jack of Blades, but this is good none the less." he said as he grabbed a leg of beef and turned on the flames from fire spell, cooking it a little more to add a bit of char to the meat. "And what about you? I'd think you'd be glad to be out of the guild for a little while, getting your feet wet for the first time. I mean, even you ladies have a sense for adventure, some even more so than us men." he said with a smile. "If something's troubling you, speak up. There doesn't need to anything bad between us, less I get a spark in the back, so talk." he said as he leaned in and looked to her, "And don't worry, I won't fly off the handle if its something against me. And if you need incentive-" he said as he took off his bow and sword from the clips on his body, setting them aside, "now talk to me Ella. Cause I've felt your eyes on me almost the entire trip..."

"To start of, I have nothing against you" Ella said while half smiling then she shook her head gently continuing "You are someone I can't put my finger into, if you know what I mean. There things strange about you and lets say it attracts me" she stopped herself and blushed looking away from him. That had come out way too wrong or was it? Oh, Ella you are such a mess. "What I meant was, I can't figure you out and it frustrates me a bit." she said her voice soft as she looked back at him noticing he had leaned forward. The gesture made her almost nervous but she grabbed his wine, smiled at him incredulously and took two long gulps."Thank you, Sir, I mean Mister Uunia" she teased handing him the back his wine. If what she did was rude to him then she would stop but for now she wanted to know what was his limit.

"Whatever you think is best, I'll trust your judgment miss Blair", he said with a little smile, following along beside her closely. As the stall started to come into view, Desmond stared out toward it curiously. Not quite close enough to make out the vendor yet, but it wouldn't be long now.

When Blair stopped, Desmond came to a halt as well, turning to face her. He took the sword she offered and struck a pose, stretching his sword arm out a little while his free hand balled into a fist and pressed into his hip. "How does that look?", he asked, raising a brow and smirking a little.

Blair laughed quietly, putting a hand over her mouth. He makes me think of Reaver, she thought, though she would never say such a thing out loud. Desmond was far more curteous and friendly. She smiled at him. "You look like someone should be making a statue of you," she replied, holding her hand out to take the sword back. "Quite handsome if I do say so myself. How do you feel with it?"

Desmond's smirk remained as his lovely instructor laughed, chuckling a little himself at her response, "My statue can't be anywhere near yours, it would make mine look like trash in comparison", he said as he flipped the sword, grasping the blade carefully and handing it back to Blair. "But I don't know.. Something felt kind of off about it. Same could be said for the training sword earlier.. ", he said, bringing up a hand to rub his chin. He shrugged slightly, "Probably just because I've been using guns all my life.. Maybe I'll get used to it?"

Vince facepalmed as his young bullmastiff tackled him. "Hey Park." He grinned as he scratched behind the dogs ear. He then turned towards the newcomers and then to Kurt and his burnt pants. "I asked you, what news does the messenger bring us today, my friend?" His eyes twinkled a little mischievously.

----------------------------

"Ah, no problem there, Ravey." Brody smirked, losing himself momentarily in thought. "His parties are... quite extragavant and exaggerated." He laughed. "I'm sure you'll see one soon. What about the Heroes here? Any exciting events take place? Other than the missions."

----------------------------

Park nuzzled and slurped at his masters hand for a second before turning to all the strangers, eager to see the events unfold.

Uunia raised a brow as she took his wine and even more so when she drank a few heavy gulps of it. He took it back and cough nervously, not sure as how to take her actions. "...right...well, we should turn in soon. I want you good and ready for tomorrow. We'll leave here around noon so we can make it to Silver Pine by dusk." he said as he grabbed a carrot from the pile of food and started to munch on it. "Be sure to stock up on food here too. Not too many traders are going to be on the road if beasts are about." he said as he rose from his seat and stretched. "As for me, I'm going to sharpen a few arrow heads and take a nape before scouting the road. No offence to this place but it's always been a good target for bandits since the guards don't take patrols out this far..."

He then rose from his seat and headed to the upper part of the inn, he really lost in thought on the mission but more so about his partner, She's been acting very strange...more so than any one else I've come across... Not that I'm complaining -chuckle- A hero always has an admirer or three... He thought as he made his way to one of the beds and pulled his quiver and a sharpening stone from his pocket. He took out one of the arrows and began to sharpen the tips to a much finer point so they would penetrate the hide of his mark a little better. He hummed quietly as he made sure to keep his guild seal beside him, should things go amiss back at the Guild Hall. He listened as the patrons started to run out to the stragglers and to the bar maids going about cleaning the tables and dishes.

Elle watched Uunia as he left for his rented room and finally sighed when he was out of sight. "Food, won't be a problem" she said to herself while she grabbed a grape and threw it skilfully at her slight open mouth. Right then she heard two loud big bangs on the front door of the Inn. Could it be the bandits Uunia was talking about? A quick look at the maids and the rest of the people confirmed that it was someone that wasn't welcome. So much for eating and resting she mumbled as she stood up and motion for the people to step back. The door was now shaking as if someone or more where trying to dislocated from the outside. Elle quickly placed her hand on her dagger feeling the warm of it calling to her. "Don't let them in" said the frightened woman from earlier, the one that had given the rooms to her and Uunia. "Alright, just step back, all of you!" The tone Ella had use was serious and business like. No one was going to harm these people, not in her watch. The feeling of protectiveness took over her and she held her dagger firmly at her side while walking toward the doors. From where she was standing she could her a couple of men outside talking and laughing. Their words were hard to make out but it was clear they weren't here to just rent some room or to just eat. "Find Uunia" she said to the woman, not a second later she was leaving to find help.

Uunia was already in the middle of relaxing after sharpening his entire quiver. He had pulled off his shirt, revealing the further lines of his mana trying to seep out of his skin. The lines also formed along with a runic style tattoo that went about his back and torso. He had laid his bow near the side of his bed and had just set his head down on his pillow, he thinking it would be nice to just rest his eyes when he heard the thump from downstairs. At first he thought it was just a few patrons getting rowdy but when he was greeted by the face of a VERY worried barmaid he thought other wise. She rushed to him and tugged at his arm, "I'm sorry Master Hero but we are under attack! Your companion sent for you!" she said in blubbers as she was obviously scared. He sighed and got to his feet, leaving his shirt and armor on the bed as he grabbed his bow and quiver. "Stay here..." he said calmly as the horns on his head started to recede back into his head. He rand down the stairs, bow draw and his eyes locked on the door. He could see Ella pulling out her dagger and ready to fight and was pleased, "At least she's not naive..."

The pounding stopped, and it seemed to be forever for the next action to come. Blinking would feel like it would take minutes to open your eyes, breathing became labored and muscles were tense. Uunia, however, held his breath, eyes glared at the door and stance was calm. He hoped something large and formidable would be the commotion causing thing and that he would revel in its kill. The door then finally flew open, and bandits, armed to the teeth with gnarled looking weapons came pouring in. The first few that did were met with a volley of arrows from Uunia's quiver. He roared as he awakened a bit of magic that he had yet unleash and rushed forward. He was moving so fast, so fluidly, it was if he had phased through the grouping. He pulled out his katana and in two swift strikes cleaved through the rag tag armor of two of the bandits, "You can join in the blood bath anytime fellas!" he cackled as he continued his bloody assault.

Ella wasn't about to let Uunia have all the kills and charged into the nearest bandit who had no chest armor but a cheap helmet, dull looking sword, and a maze on the other hand. Big mistake she thought as she darted forward and connected her palm which was sparking bit of shock and hit the bandit straight in the heart with it, and instantly he fell on the floor. The others were much different, more built, with heavy armory and weaponry. Their angry ambitious scared her and for a moment she stood there frozen thinking about the time she had seen someone looking like that. A day filled with blood, a day she wanted to forget, for she had escaped but had left innocent people behind without trying to save them. She shook the memory and right there, in front of her, was a man swinging a rough looking whip. It was going straight for her leg but she dodge it by a few inches. That was close, keep your eyes on the target Ella. Uunia had finished most of half of the bandits and there were three more standing by the door way looking afraid as they gazed from Uunia to her and back to Uunia. They instantly dropped their swords and ran away. "Cowards!" She yelled but then was rewarded by claps from the Inn civilians. Somehow she felt the same hollowness as before when she had killed the animals and the camp of bandits.