2. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Extra-dimensional Credit

Official OOC thread for the RP that shall now henceforth be known as Extra-dimensional Credit, or EDC for short.

OOC Rules
  • Be excellent to other RPers
  • Submit your character profiles here for review
  • Post cat pics

Last edited:
Hes come to clean up the competition!

An excerpt from my worldbuilding document:

"The tallest recorded fairy was a hair over five feet tall, and they were half dragon. It was a big egg.".

I want to know what happened between the dragon fairy's parents but at the same time I really don't

Reactions: Galgallin
Is there a template for Character sheets?

An excerpt from my worldbuilding document:

"The tallest recorded fairy was a hair over five feet tall, and they were half dragon. It was a big egg.".
Faries!?!

I want twelve thank you very much.

Is there a template for Character sheets?
Not yet - I wanted to get the races and magic system down first so that people would have an idea of what kind of magic to expect when making their characters.

Hey, guess what's coming today? :3

Reactions: Rads
@Olissa @Orikanyo @Rads @Karyra @Ariel @RobinBriarwood @Cresion Breezes @Accelerator @kookyboy9 @xLarius @FrozenDreams

Alright, that should be everyone who posting in either the interest check or the OOC thread thus far. If you intend to make a university student as one of your characters, go ahead and get started. I need to finish my worldbuilding document so that people playing characters native to the fantasy world know what the hell they're doing.

In the meantime, here's a TL;DR version of the info I have so far, under a spoiler so those who want to go in blind can stay blind:
The fantasy realm is called Izar. There are eight playable humanoid races:
  1. Humans: Farmers and fishermen who will break everything they touch.
  2. Dwarves: Arguably the Minnesotan dwarves from that one Tumblr post.
  3. Elves: Fantasy Mongolian bards - nomadic, organized into tribes, they will kill a man to protect their horse.
  4. Angels: Bird people with a lovely singing tradition. According to dragons, they taste delicious roasted with herbs.
  5. Demons: Half East Coast Elite, and half Tiger Moms. Abnormally high amounts of mana and stress-related psychotic breaks.
  6. Dragons: Picture a tiefling. Attach bat wings and install fire breath. You now have a dragon.
  7. Fairies: Smol bug people, but not so smol that it would be annoying to RP alongside human-sized characters.
  8. Orcs: Token gymbro race. They're not evil, but they have definitely weaponized yoga. Have their own wrestling league.
These eight races worship these four gods:
  1. Orog, a mountain and harvest god.
  2. Aster, a starry night goddess of navigation.
  3. Eupelia, a goddess of time, seasons, and weather.
  4. Helminth, a edgelord god of war and death
The worshiping and interpretation of these gods has resulted in a few different philosophies or styles of using magic:
  • The land is a source of magic, and particular ingredients can be combined to create magic effects
  • Magic comes from your heart and soul, and spells should be expressions of your desire
  • Grand magic is made even grander through rituals and group casting
  • Life and death are separated by a curtain instead of a wall, so magic can be used to learn from the dead or avoid death entirely
  • Blood is just a really special kind of mana, and special exercises will release this magical energy
  • If Orog imagined mountains into existence then I'm going to imagine this sword from this steel ingot so god help me
  • And so on and so forth

Reactions: Rads and Olissa
So, question.
How many characters may we play haha

I'd like everyone to stick with two characters for now. I've found that sometimes a player will make like, five characters, and then a player who isn't able to churn out profiles as fast feels like all the good ideas are taken.

So for now we'll wait until everyone has their foot in the door. Then we'll blast it off the hinges.

I only have ideas for one character for now, but figured I'd at least check in case more ideas rose haha
Also, post characters here right? that's what I read at least just double checking

Yup! The final version of your character profile will go in the profile thread, but I like to have people post their outlines here in the OOC so that we can, as a group, suggest things. It's especially useful for players who like to pre-plan relationships like friends or rivals.

What are age minimum/maximums? It's college ages, that much I know, but what are those ages?
As well, magical abilities, is there a guideline for that or just whatever the heck someone comes up with? (Humans from our world included?)

Work in progress, I'll update as I go along, but just wanted to get a start on it

Amber Hay

Details
Full name: Amber Catherine Hay
Sex: Female
Race: Human
Major: Fashion
Minor: Art History
Occupation: Assistant seamstress at the local theater where she interned
Text color: #F37934
Appearance
(tbd)
Personality
A little awkward but she means well. Introverted. Get her going about history and especially fashion and she'll be able to detail things for hours. (Will expand later, including Myers-Briggs and Enneagram results) Loves sparkly stuff too.
Backstory
Text.
Motivation
She fell in love with much of historical dress thanks to various YouTubers, finding her little niche where she could putter around in fashion and express her love for historical attire. Her goal is to become a costume designer for historical movies and tv shows and make things as accurate as possible. As well as history bounding her own attire and using her voice in it to combat some of fast fashion's toxic mentality. Also just getting to make pretty clothes is a very big motivation for much of what she does (Might redefine this a little once the backstory is worked out but this is the general direction)
Practical Skills
Sewing
Interpreting patterns and reverse engineering garments to recreate them
Cooking
Magical Abilities
(tbd, probably something with threads and needles lol)

Last edited:
What are age minimum/maximums? It's college ages, that much I know, but what are those ages?
18 to 22, assuming they went to college right after high school. You can go older if you want to, plenty of people serve 4-6 years in a military so that they get tuition reimbursement from the G.I. Bill. Some women have kids and go to college after the wee babes have grown up a bit. And where I live, the elderly are allowed to take non-matriculated (no credit toward a degree) courses for free if there's extra room in a class they're interested in.

So fuck it, play a bored grandma if you want.

As well, magical abilities, is there a guideline for that or just whatever the heck someone comes up with? (Humans from our world included?)
I had dreams and aspirations of making a cool magic system, but I gave up after about ten minutes. Instead, I'll give you this list:
Options for using magic and the races that style is associate with:
  • Recite a specific phrase: Demons, humans, orcs
  • Reciting a phrase but musically: elves, fairies, angels
  • Perform a choreographed dance or motion: Orcs, angels
  • Good ol' potions: Everyone tbh
  • Blood sacrifice: Demons, orcs
  • The stars must be in alignment: Dragons, angels, demons
  • Classical alchemy: Dwarves, dragons
  • Enchanting an item: Dwarves, humans
  • Will that motherfucker into existence:
  • Pray to a deity or spirit and ask them to smite a bitch for you: angels, humans
  • Ghost bullshit: demons

Now, that list is not the end-all, be-all, but I think it's enough to start with. The general idea is that there's many ways to use magic, and the method that will be most common in a given culture correlates with the primary god of that culture and the philosophical values.

For examples, demons are similar to some east asian cultures, they value their ancestors and have family registries to keep track of who's who. Most demons follow Helminth because he's a god of death - you have to ask his help in order to commune with the ghosts of your ancestors.

Another example - fairies and elves are both strong followers of Eupelia. Their lifestyles both happen to depend strongly on the changing of the seasons - the fairies have to know when to burrow away for the winter lest they freeze to death, and the elves are mainly nomads who follow animal migration patterns.

Elves use songs to cast spells, because they already were using music and oral tradition for their history (you can't carry a library on horseback).

Fairies are not usually nomadic like elves, but they also use music in their magic - I took the idea of ants and bees and crickets and applied it here, so fairies have turned into "those people who use marching bands and choirs and other large ensembles to do group prayer-type spells".

... So in hindsight I guess fairies are gospel singers and big band performers.

Would it be plausible to play a professor? Since you mentioned it just has to be someone who is reasonably on the campus.

Ok I realized that I might not be well versed in American universities as I thought because like... aren't most of them private...or at least all the good ones are? How good is this university on the scale scale of ivy league to that community college with a 9% average on a pure multiple choice test.

• Spicy