2. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Extra-dimensional Credit

Official OOC thread for the RP that shall now henceforth be known as Extra-dimensional Credit, or EDC for short.

OOC Rules
  • Be excellent to other RPers
  • Submit your character profiles here for review
  • Post cat pics

Last edited:
@Cresion Breezes There are some high quality state schools as well! The "Ivy League" schools are all private (Harvard, Yale, etc) but there's also a group of schools called the "Public Ivies" - public schools that are on par with the Ivy League. On a scale of 1 to 10 then, with 10 being Ivies, I'd say our fictional Wildwood is about an 8.

Since my char is a cooking major what would be the best for him I also want to do a professor char

Since my char is a cooking major what would be the best for him I also want to do a professor char
Culinary arts, you mean? Or maybe hospitality, that's usually associated with business majors who want to work in tourism.

Culinary arts, you mean? Or maybe hospitality, that's usually associated with business majors who want to work in tourism.
Culinary arts is his major

Hey! This seems like a fun premise. I'm interested in joining, but I do have a few questions.

For example, are the people who got isekai'd already magically inclined, or they become so afterwards? Is every kind of magic allowed? And... do we send the finished sheet to you in a PM?

Reactions: Galgallin
Soooo.... uhh... folks around?

I'm still working on my cs. The CS sheet is available and waiting for people to make characters ;)
Though make sure to post them here first, that's what the GM requested

Just to ask, if we're gonna use images for appearance is there a limit on the style? I kind of automatically went like...anime DnD for everything I'm picturing in my head lol.

Oh yeah, images... I left them off the profile because I didn't feel like making rules for images. This is an anime inspired RP so I guess anime style, but honestly, I don't have it in me to be stressed about images. Anything goes, I guess.

beautiful, finally got some anti-biotics for this horrendous toothache thats been killing my drive to write, back on board now.

just wanted to shake the nest see if the bees still buzzin.

Reactions: Galgallin
Julia Lewis

Details
Full name: Julia Marianne Lewis
Race: Human
Major: Graphic Designer
Text Color: #E25041
Myoudouin.Itsuki.full.1767446.jpg

Appearance
A girl with short brown hair and with paint on her fingers. She always seems to be off in her own fantasy land. She loves dressing up and wearing scarves. Even in summer for some reason. Julia also tends to paint her nails, though with the paint it's hard to tell what color they are. She prefers to be a little messy, as 'staying clean when you're in the zone is pointless'. When in public, she tends to dress nicer, though only if she has to in order to avoid scrutiny.
Personality
A person who is equally comfortable in paint stained smocks and immaculate outfits. When she's working or if she absolutely doesn't have to, she's often smudged with paint she forgot to clean or paint that has just been used in her sketchbook. She likes to draw sketches of fantasy concept art, races, characters, and other such things. She loves detail. How does this work? Or 'what can I do to make this movable' are frequent questions of hers. She is curious to a fault, and loves to learn how to better sketch her dreams.

Her eccentricity certainly causes people to distance themselves from her, however. She rarely cares about the feelings of others, and only pursues her own feelings and dreams. She's not malicious, merely.... neglectful. If 'in the zone' she can easily forget to eat, sleep, or anything else until she feels as though she has left that 'zone'.
Backstory
There are children who have curiosity beaten out of them, and then there's Julia. No matter how often she couldn't 'get' the answer, she came back and kept trying to 'get' it. How does this muscle work? How does that door know to chime when we enter a store? Why does our breath become visible in winter?

Her parents, tired of the endless questions, decided instead to ignore the barrage of curiosity. Ignoring her became a regular family activity, which developed into the abyss of silence standing between her and her family. Her brothers were more interested in anything other than her questions, and Julia was lonely in her own family. She tried her best to learn everything on her own, even trying to show how much she too liked camping, but she was still lonely. She worked hard, got a scholarship, and now attends college at Wildwood University. Her own apartment, with her own space to sprawl out and to do whatever she wanted...

Motivation
Dive into the world hands first and discover everything is could possibly hold in store. Wait, do you want to go home? Why? We have magic!

Practical Skills
Cooking (passable)
Sewing (workable)
Knot-tying (Strangely proficient)
Tracking

Magical Abilities
Ink Based Magic-
By conjuring a giant calligraphy brush, Julia can draw in the air to bring drawings to life. This takes time, as both drawings need to be viable and also she has to approve them.
She can also use ink like a tidal wave to splash enemies. Also it's a big brush. She can hit people with it.
It's possible that she can make viable magic circles with her brush, but she doesn't know how, yet, and those will take far more time to make than figures.

Last edited:
it is time for my own inspiration....

channel the creative powers within me and CONQURE THIS BLOCK!

a block made from pain relievers and a tooth ache.

but STILL!

also we gonna do a discord?

Max Berger

Details
Full name: Max Bedivere Berger
Major: Veterinary studies
Appearance
52e1a478e5e218f388f34e53ba2c5bb6.jpg
Personality
A Big hearted man with a warm big smile and a can do attitude, though he does struggle under the yoke of duty he is quite the responsible man who wont let you down. One of those gentle giant type of fellahs, one who'd help yea reach the thing atop of the top shelf, and not make you feel stupid for it. Big hard looking fellah, who will be reduced to tears at the drop of a sad story or one of those "dark backstories" so you might want to be careful if you plan to drop one or two around him.

Now, when it comes to animals he can quite easily say he loves every type of creature, from the birds in the trees, bees in the flowers, ants in their little hills... One day he wishes he could travel the world seeing to helping animals in need, a true bleeding heart.
Backstory
In truth, a very simple story, normal parents, born on a farm stead that had him around animals all of his life. Learning ins and outs of how to raise, keep and what to do when their sick and keep them from becoming that way. The Berger family is quite a large family, the family tree stretching far and wide from the sheer weight of the branches, Max's family is no different, him being the youngest of a gaggle of 7 sisters. And much like those sisters, he grew up rather well, as in he stands a good solid 6'4" and built like a brick shithouse.

But to care for many animals takes a big heart... And alot of hands.. so his early life was very much filled with a great deal of work, never a truly dull moment in the household, herding kids, herding sheep, the family was always a source of activity, so much so that the hussel and bussel of the city may had come easy to him... If he didn't feel so constricted by all the crowds.

Still, his job keeps him busy and his studies thrill him, he figures he will have an simple enough life with animals, not much really fazes him when it comes to them, smells can be pretty bad at times and.. In truth some ailments can be quite disgusting...

But anything worth doing is worth doing well, so no time to half ass in his way.
Motivation
To see the smiles of loved ones and friends.
Practical Skills
Quite good at tending animals and general wildlife knowledge comes easy to him, however due to living on the farm he has gained a particularly wide set of skills. Going out into the bush is common enough, camping comes easy as dose basic survival skills, he knows how to treat most common illnesses that afflict animals and humans. He also has a good sense of how to work in a large group, given his.. numerous... siblings he had to at least be able to find a way to A) keep them together and B) Not kill one another over stupid things.
Magical Abilities
None, because magic isn't real silly. But if he were magical it may focus it's way into bolstering his body and strength.

Last edited:
Full name:

Race: (see lore doc for racial options)

Major: (delete if not a university student)

Appearance​

A written description of your character's appearance. Don't forget to mention any sorts of body modifications or magical transformations. Feel free to link additional images here.

Personality​

Your character's overall demeanor, whether it's good, bad, or ugly.

Backstory​

Your character's history up to the point of the solar eclipse. It's fine if they don't have much of one - some characters come with a lot of baggage and some don't.

Motivation​

A goal that your character has, such as "cure cancer", "get rich", or "kill Jason for cheating on me".

Practical Skills​

Use bullet points if you want. Talk about some non-magical skills your character has, like lockpicking, carpentry, or knocking back a dozen shots before puking.

Magical Abilities​

Same as above, but this section is all about magical abilities and skills. List out a couple of spells your wizard knows, or the finer points of your lycan transformation.

Desmond Nazaire

Details
Full name: Desmond Nazaire
Race: Human, born in Côte d'Ivoire
Major: N/A
Appearance
A startlingly tall dark skinned man with deep set eyes. Has very short hair that puffs up after a rain. Wearing a blue janitor uniform, complete with toolbelt, nametag, and waterproof shoes. Also features neatly trimmed nails and a stunning smile. His casual clothes are usually brighter patterned shirts with darker shorts or jeans, with white shoes or running shoes. Really likes yellows and oranges, but not so much reds. Wishes cool hats were more popular but doesn't wear them himself.
Personality
Desmond is extremely talkative, taking any opportunity to chat, but finds a disappointing few such opportunities in his line of work. Worries heavily of what others think of him, and so tries his best to seem friendly and approachable, quickly becoming excited once people seem more comfortable. Has a hard time judging people's feelings and intentions but tries to assume the best, despite often not realizing he's being too forward for the average person.
Backstory
Born in Cote D'Ivoire and lived a reasonable childhood, becoming semi-popular in the textile design industry. A civil war then occurred, and he moved along with his parents to his current location, secured a stable job at the Wildwood campus, and did his best to fit in. In the post-immigration subplots, he made a few friends through a sword fighting club, narrowly avoided a cultish multi level marketing scheme, and learned to sew some interesting outfits that would only have a place in a fantasy world. A few enthusiastic cosplayers do commissions with his services, which he is happy to oblige.
Motivation
Resents being in the background, wants to be recognized and appreciated for something remarkable. Inspired somewhat by what he has seen in movies and anime, will seek supernatural powers if given the chance, simply because it would be cool.
Practical Skills
Knows French, sewing, modestly skilled with a longsword. Janitorial abilities, obviously, but doesn't think much of them. Pretty good at networking, social connections are everything, ay!
Magical Abilities
To be determined. He would definitely try.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems I've inspired a rush of people to post WIPs! I'd better finish mine off soon, then.
😯

• Haha
Reactions: Accelerator
WIP

Zachary Scott Flintlock

Yamato_fullbody.jpg

【I don't care wherever I end up as long as I live a relatively comfortable life】

• .:Name:.
    Zachary "Zack" Scott Flintlock

.:Age:.

.:Gender:.
    Male

Race
    Human

.:Major:.
    Economics

.:Major:.

.:Color Code:.
    #D133FF

• Zack is a fair-skinned teenage boy standing at 5'8" (173 cm) and weighs 173 lbs (60 kg). He has a medium built figure under his clothes. He sports short, messy brown hair and brown eyes. Zack doesn't see much value in dressing up so he could often be seen wearing nothing more than simple t-shirts and jeans, much to the chagrin of most of his siblings.

.:Skin Tone:.
    Fair

.:Body Type:.
    Medium Built

.:Height:.
    5'8" (173 cm)

.:Weight:.
    173 lbs (60 kg)

.:Hair Color:.
    Brown

.:Eye Color:.
    Brown

.:Handedness:.
    Right-Handed

.:Fashion Style:.
    Zack describes his fashion sense. The simpler the article of clothing, the better. Function over fashion is one of his mottoes when it comes to clothing, but for the most part, his fashion sense doesn't fall of on the dreadful category. He is satisfied with wearing simple shirts, jeans, hoodies, parkas, vests, etc. He wears what he is most comfortable at every day and doesn't give any heed to what other people's opinion about his fashion sense.

• .:Positive Traits:.
    「Easygoing, Determined, Independent, Patient, Loyal」

.:Negative Traits:.
    「 Prideful, Stubborn, Lazy」

• .:Likes:.
    Anime/Manga
    Stargazing
    Reading
    Writing
    Cooking
    Economics
    Insects (Specially Spiders and Tarantulas)

.:Dislikes:.
    Loud Noises
    Hot and Humid Weather
    Boredom
    Being Called by His First name instead of his Nickname

• Zack's primary motivation ever since being transported to another world is to live in comfort as much as possible. He is also quite interested if he could start a successful career as a businessman in this world. However, he has settled on the idea of inventing various commodities which would aid in making his stay as comfortable as possible and profiting from it.

• .:Skills:.
    「Cooking, Photographic Memory, Making Connections, Appraisal, Haggling」

Possibly WIP

Lewis. R. Thornton
"That feeling of when you're too young to be taken seriously as a professor but too old to relate to the students, that's like, my entire existence."

Details
Full name: Lewis Redmond Thornton
Color Code: #9F0000
Appearance

Lewis has a somewhat small build, being only around 5'4" ("5'4.6"!!!") tall with a constant look of being either being exhausted or being in an existential crisis. Often time mistaken for a student, he wears his staff ID around his neck constantly so visitors and freshmen can know "Prof. Thornton" is referring to him. Despite claiming to not care (the ID card only being a practical thing), he seems to make attempts to look more "academic", his glasses are decorative.

Personality

Somewhat expected for a philosophy professor, Lewis is pretty eccentric, despite looking perpetually exhausted or high (He claims he is "high on philosophical inquiry".), his lectures are quite popular with the student body. He tries his best to make little things interesting, usually filling lecture slides with 6 months outdated memes, jokey "free" questions on exams, and handing out candy on Halloween lectures, even creating a "Winter Halloween" to be fair to the winter semester students.

Even though Lewis tries his best to play the cool hip professor role, and genuinely enjoys it in his daily life, it doesn't change the fact that he is deeply pessimistic, and deeply fears the more complex aspects of society due to past experiences. Years of studying ethics, sociology, and philosophy never changed his slightly airheaded nature. He is constantly pursuing a world and answers that are unreachable and is exhausted by it greatly.

As a younger man Lewis was much more reserved and quiet, he was a bit colder, sometimes harsh and brutally pragmatic. He was often described as seeming "antagonist-like" by his peers, despite his desperate attempts for virtue and morality. Over the years he made great attempts to move away from such unfeeling reputations, including his study of ethics and moral philosophy. But some of that harshness had remained, yet to be weathered away by time and books.
Backstory

Lewis Redmond Thornton never expected to become a philosophy professor for the majority of his life, after all, he had much more grandiose dreams.

From a young age, Lewis was considered many things, "gifted", "prodigy", and "antisocial personality disorder" were just a few, he was quiet, intelligent, and of course, "mature for his age". Having graduated high school at the age of 16, Lewis pursued his life's passion of biochemistry in university, then going on to medical school. Lewis had always thought that he would follow that path and become a doctor, if not for his girlfriend of 5 years, becoming an anti-vaxxer. She managed to convince his parents as well. After being thoroughly throttled by the break-up, Lewis was then offered to take part in a "lifestyle brand" start-up, by his medical school colleges nonetheless. Finally, with being offered recruitment by one of his professors into one of the state's biggest malpractice scandal, Lewis became totally disillusioned.

Still being quite young for his place in the world, Lewis was naturally confused why people he thought he knew, whom were educated and rational people, could act so suddenly in such irrational ways. He searched for answers in the only way he could, academics, by studying ethics and philosophy, as he decided to quit medical school and instead work on a master's degree, then a doctorate's degree, eventually landing a job in a university where he could stay away from the "real world" that so deeply troubled him.
Motivation

A bit jaded from his former stagnant life, a new one in a brand new world seems like an interesting prospect, but still somewhat pessimistic about the ordeal. Due to the fact that this new world likely suffers the same issues as the old one if they share most base abstract concepts and social constructs. Wants to try his best to keep the students out of trouble.
Practical Skills

Medical school days are far behind him but could probably stitch a wound or dilute a chemical when push comes to shove. More current knowledge points are on institutional design, rational inquiry, and political philosophy. Knows how to weaponize misinformation and lack of information. And of course public speaking and education experience.
Magical Abilities
Being a mind over matter type of person (probably out of necessity), Lewis prefers magic that focuses on inquiry, logic, and information, such as illusionary and detection abilities. His extensive interdisciplinary training also allows for a high level of abstract thought and distinct perspectives on various things, which totally includes magic, if it were real.

Last edited:
I LEAVE FOR ONE DAY

SUDDENLY PROFILES