Examples of my work

Discussion in 'SHOWCASING' started by Zen, Nov 17, 2011.

1. These are just some of the things I'm proud of, and would love to hear feed back on. Critique is highly appreciated although keep in mind that I'm a pretty much self taught artist so my stuff looks amateur for that reason. >.< So try not to use fancy terms on me or anything. I have yet to take some extensive classes on how to draw. This is just stuff I do on my free time.

DSC00153.JPG

004.JPG

DSC00158.JPG

DSC00198.JPG

1st one was done with acrylic on canvas, the second with acrylic and watercolor, also on canvas. Third is acrylic on canvas, and the last one is pencil on paper.

2. You.
    Are.
    Amazing.
    At.
    Art.
    And.
    Stuff.
    -compliment confirmation.-

3. *blushes* Thank you! *still blushing*

4. These are some amazing masterpieces. Especially since these are by the hands of someone self-taught, I am quite impressed. I love the third one best. It's very pretty and I love the sky. :3

Do share more, will you? <3

5. The dimensions and shapes are good on the dragon.
    I really like the way that the clouds turned out on the third one.
    I think the second one could improve if you work on perspective a little, but it's still good.

6. Yeah the second one was the first painting I ever did on canvas, and it was done rather quickly. >.< But thank you for the critique.

Thought I post another one I'm proud of. This was an anniversary present for my boyfriend, hence the bunnies.

Attached Files:

7. A montage I made for an rp I'm running. I may make more depending if that rp keeps going or another one inspires me to do so.

[video=youtube;-Ofi1j-fXr4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ofi1j-fXr4[/video]

8. This is a picture of my friend's great danes. Both are grown up now. I'm not very happy with the eyes on the bigger one but overall I'm impressed I was able to get their bodies down.

DSC00184.JPG

9. You can call yourself an amateur all you want, but when I saw this, I instantly thought of Van Gogh's Starry Night.

And I am definitely not someone who knows very much about art or artists, but I do happen to remember things I've seen. (it took me about five minutes to google 'famous stars moon tree painting' before I figured out it was Van Gogh's. So that explains that haha. xD)

This is just my way of saying, for someone who is self-taught, I see some talent!

If there was eloquence in painting, this would be it :] In my eyes, anyways.

10. Good job figuring that out. ^^ I don't know what is about that painting but I've done several renditions of Van Gogh's Starry Night painting. For some reason the painting works in cool and warm colors as well. The painting really does strike a chord in me for whatever reason that is.

11. I am also a big fan of Van Gogh's. Nice homage. :]

12. :O Self taught!? Are you kidding me?! I can't even draw a stick figure right! You're amazing!! :D

13. These two drawings I did about two years and the idea for them isn't mine. For some reason, I never took a good photo of either for people to look at... I took the idea from another artist, Heise Jinyao and changed certain aspects of them to fit the characters for a roleplay. Here are the original drawings.

HeiseJinyaoRed.jpg 02_170301_zwp415.jpg

Mine are not that awesome. I'm not completely happy with the body proportions but I'm still happy that I got both done. Also they're both done with colored pencils and since I didn't have a large enough piece of paper, I ended up taping several pieces together.

DSC00006.JPG DSC00005.JPG

14. Attempt at drawing Keira Knightly.

[​IMG]

15. A comic that I've been working on whenever I feel like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. That looks promising.

17. Thanks Illiana! ^^

Definitely not something to look at when you're at work.
    [​IMG]

18. Was bored one day so I went through the Create a Character challenges and choose Dawn's character for this drawing. Very happy with the way it turned out.

[​IMG]

19. I like it ^__^ Good job <3