EquinoxSol x RangerKay

"Can't do that," Niko stated, shaking his head. "If you're through answering questions then, I'll just be leaving. This will be your last chance at attempting to lessen your sentence, whatever it may be." He stands up, as if making to leave, seeing if she will protest.

"Well, have a great life then. Guess I can't say I'll be seeing you around." Annabel joked, trying to ease the tension she was feeling. She couldn't blame the man, he was just doing his job and trying not to risk himself. Too bad she had gotten caught. She smiled sadly. She knew what was coming and even though she wasn't looking forward to it, she knew she could get away with killing herself if she was taken to be tortured.

"So be it," he muttered, turning the voice recorder off and picking up his things. Tucking his pen back into his jacket's pocket, he takes his leave, locking the door to the interrogation room after him.

"Well, he was nice..." She muttered. Annabel wondered if the officer would even remember her...if anyone would. She hoped that the slums would operate without her. She sat, pondering life as she waited for the men to take her away. They would probably drag things out, which she knew would probably happen either way. Annabel couldn't wait to die, it would put her out of her misery. Although, she did wish she had settled down, fallen in love, maybe gotten married, but why hope for something that she could never have?

As soon as the door was locked securely behind him, Niko was startled by a camera flash, a local journalist grinning at him behind the culprit. "You're the officer who caught her, right?" he asked. As soon as Niko nodded, another picture was taken of him, one where he probably had an odd look on his face. Before he could suffer more bombardment, he was pulled into the interrogation office by his C.O., who took the recorder from his hands.

Annabel leaned forward and hit her head on the desk. She was bored and losing her mind. The more time she had, the more she thought and whenever she thought, it made her miserable. She hoped they would just end her misery quickly. Maybe they would hang her publicly? At least she would go out with a bang that way.

His C.O. told Niko, "We're going to analyze all the information you found, okay? Until we have it, you're to take her to a holding cell and guard her." Niko nodded his consent, and turned, leaving the room. The journalist was no longer there, and he was able to get into the interrogation room without any trouble. "Stand up," he tells her, his face void of emotion.

"Very well." Annabel stood, stumbling as she realized her legs were numb. She attempted to keep a wince off her face and to remain standing under her own power. Her eyes widened slightly with the pain she was feeling from her legs being numb.

Taking her by the elbow, slightly gently, he leads her out, walking down the halls to the holding cells.

Annabel was surprised by the gentleness with which Niko grabbed her arm. She sighed, "Thank you". She allowed him to see just how grateful she was for his gentleness, before she let the stoic mask return. "So...am I to be tortured now?"

"Just to a holding cell, until they can get transportation to State," he told her, sliding his key card through the locked doors at every twenty yards. When he reached the small cell block the building had, he got her into one, taking off her handcuffs before shutting the door to the cell. Positioning himself outside the door, he leans back against the wall.

Annabel sighed as the handcuffs were removed. She rubbed her wrists cursing as her hands ran over the cuts. They had left her alone? Wow, wasn't that nice of them. She smirked and walked around, warming up her legs and continuing to try to get circulation to her hands. Unfortunately there did not seem to be any way to leave her cell and she frowned. Maybe she could hang herself? She looked around for any spare materials, realizing the clothes on her back were all she had. "Well, no way I'm gonna die naked." She muttered.

Niko simply stood there, waiting to see if she would ever say anything or make it more interesting. When she spoke to herself, all he heard was a slight murmuring noise, and he said, addressing her, "Doing okay in there?" He wasn't trying to be demeaning, but was slightly worried about her. He was supposed to keep her talking anyways, so that he could immediately tell if something was up.

"Yeah, wondering if I should die clothed or naked." Annabel said with laughter. She looked around the holding cell, still wondering if there was a way she could end her torture. "You know, since I'm gonna die soon...I should probably tell you...you're cute." She grinned.

"I could say the same thing about you," he answered, shoving his hands in his pockets, keeping his voice neutral.

"Dying naked it is." Annabel yelled back. She looked around for something to hang herself on. There was a simple stool in the room and she put it in the center, standing on it to find out if there was anything she could tie a noose to. She huffed as she found nothing. "Hey, handsome....wanna grab me a blanket? It's kinda chilly in here." She moved to sit on the stool, in case the kid checked on her. All she had to do was find something to hang from and she was...well...she was as good as dead.

"There's a reason why it wasn't put there in the first place," he told her through the door, frowning slightly. "I can't give you anything , it's against protocol. But don't worry; I'm sure that once they move you to State, suicide would be a blessing."

"They must've known. Death would be so sweet right now!" Annabel said in anger. She walked over and punched a wall.

"Hmm," Niko replies dryly. "I suppose so, if I was in your position. I'm not though. Please, do tell me how it must feel."

"Actually a little thrilling." Annabel said with a cocked eyebrow. She walked over and leaned against the door. "Though, I hate that I have let down the kids that needed those meds."