EquinoxSol x Jezzyboo

"Mmm," Cae said, letting his hands come to rest on the arms of the chair. "Was it a Wild Elf territory? Your home, I mean. My family were Wild Elves, until my father...I was the first of my family to be born off of Wikujuak, towards the north. I know how it feels, moving...my father liked to keep moving, and we haven't moved since he died. But this place still doesn't feel like home, you know? I'm still half Wild Elf. The open plains and forests are my home, at heart." He smiled softly, wishing he had been able to experience what it was like to live in the open and sport the tattoos, piercings, and battle scars he had seen on real Wild Elves. Instead, he was stuck looking like one but not truly being one. Looking back to her, he smiled slightly, waiting for an answer.

When Cae spoke, for some odd reason this made Aly want to take him to her home town when everything settled down so he could... Experience the ways there. She looked down at her hands and spoke very gently. "Yeah, I think it might have been Wild Elf territory..." She gave a shrug as she bit her lower lip and then she looked back up to him, whispered her next words very softly. "Were you close to him...?"

"Was I close to him...?" Cae repeated to himself, pondering it. His father had been wonderful. He would go to work before Cae went to school, waking him up in the mornings. Every morning, Cae would wake up to see the tattooed face of his father, grinning down at him as he tickled him. During the summertime, when Cae wasn't in school, his father would take off a lot of time from work so he could spend time with him, playing catch and helping him reaching the high branches on the trees. But one of the best parts of his father were the stories he would tell about growing up on Wikujuak, his father teaching him about what it was like to actually live in the wild, not be confined to a reservation. Sighing nostalgically, he said, "Yes. He was the best dad a kid could have..."

During the silence, Alyiz looked down, at her hands, and then decided she was going to do something crazy. "Have you ever though of making yourself look like a wild elf?" She tilted her head and smiled, and then she stood up. "I know what we- well umm, you can do today if you don't wanna hang out with some girl.." She smiled, even though she was going to get herself looking like a wild elf.

"You mean..." Cae thought about it for a moment. "wearing animal skins, getting tattoos all along our faces and arms, getting piercings all along our ears...that sort of thing?" He smiled slightly, warming to the idea. "Or just, you know, using paint and things? But besides that, what would we even do, looking like Wild Elves?"

"My mother has some animal skins we can wear." Aly smiled and shrugged her shoulders. "I wouldn't mind some tattoos or piercings, as for what we would do?" She cocked her head to the side, and shrugged her shoulders again. "Walk around town like own the place, Make sure no one is being bullied, I don't know anything!" Aly was truly getting very excited by the idea.

Cae smiled, liking the idea. "That would be brilliant," he told her, a laugh punctuating the sentence. "I don't know about tattoos, though, but my dad taught me how to make paint like his tribe used to, and how to make the designs properly. I'm all for this," he added, grinning.

Aly was so happy that he liked her idea; only one part of her mind was wondering how her mother was doing at her home, she was slightly worried but right now she wanted to make Cae's day good, so she held her hand out to him and gave him a playful wink. "So shall we hop to it?" She giggled softly.

"Sure," he said, taking her hand and letting himself be pulled up. "I'll go find some pictures my father had, I'll be right back." Leaving her in the living room, he ran up the stairs to his mother's room, finding her old photo album next to her bed. Picking it up, he took it to the kitchen, gathering everything he would need to make the paint while simultaneously looking through the album to find a good picture of his father. Getting a large mixing bowl, he set out everything on the table, a slight smile on his face.

Aly crossed her arms over her chest and laughed softly. "How about the piercings? Do you want those?" She waited, and when he returned with the material she looked it over and nodded, not sure as to what to do with it; she would let him take care of that.

"I'm not sure," he answered. "My mom'll kill me if I get piercings, even if we buy the fake ones." Opening a bottle of honey, he diluted it with water before adding half a bottle of food coloring. Adding some of his mother's cooking salt, he stood up when he realized he had forgotten something. Digging around underneath the sink, he found a jar of sand from Wikujuak. Setting it on the table, he opened it for what must have been the first time in twenty years. Suddenly melancholic, he inhaled deeply the scent of the sand, shivering at how familiar it smelled, even though he had never been to the Wild Elf territory. Taking as little as he possibly needed, he set it into the bowl, frowning at how he was using sand from his father's home. Finding a picture of Cae with his father as a young child, he found it suitable for his uses and set it out in front of himself.