EquinoxSol x Jezzyboo

"Yeah." He smiles again, obviously trying to forget his brother for now. Walking past her, he begins going down the ladder, quickly, wanting to be on solid ground again. It wasn't long before he was standing on the shoulder of Bophen. Giving the city another once-over from the near-top-of-the-world, he begins going down once more, suddenly wishing to be home soon.

Once on solid ground again, he waits for Aly to join him, before saying, "My house is this way..." and pointing down a wide, somewhat busy street. Without saying anything else, he walks down the street, not fancying a night alone with his mother, especially with his brother's absence on this of all days!

Aly watched the way Cae went down the ladder, and she followed suit, biting her bottom lip. She stopped on the ground and listened to what he said but she didn't follow him at first, she looked to the ground, which of course made it so she had to run to him, and once she caught up, she tucked her right arm behind her back and under her left arm.

Once they finally got to his house, Aly looked at him, she reached forward taking his arm in her hand, she checked to see if his tears were gone and since they were she hugged him tightly. "There is nothing really to say right now, so I'm going to let you go..." She dropped her arms and turned around beginning to walk away, to her own home.

Cae walked slowly, making sure to take the long way back, so he wouldn't have to arrive home quickly. His mother would definitely be in shambles, though she wouldn't ever show it. Instead, she would hide her inner anguish until he had gone to bed. However, the walls of their house were thin, and he could always hear her sobs, especially when Ourelion didn't come for any holidays or to help comfort her on this day.

As soon as he got home, he sighed, about to bid Aly farewell, but she grabbed his arm and then hugged him tightly. Not having time to even return it, he listened to her until she finally let go of him, walking away. Watching her for a moment, he ran after her, wrapping his arms around her from behind, whispering a quick, "Thank you," before letting her go.

Aly was all prepared to just go home and plop on her bed and just relax. Her eyes closed a bit, she shivered from the cold this time, and realized until this day she had never seen a male cry... It put her in a weird state of mine, what if this meant more than him cried on her shoulder? Not like she was mean she just didn't think she would really like that.

Suddenly Aly felt arms wrapped around her from behind, and she was about to cry and scream; until his voice vibrated against her ear which twitched when he spoke. She nodded her head and clenched her hands shut as she whispered. "Don't mention it." She turned to watched him go home, she turned and ran towards her home, and when she finally go there she went to her room and laid in her bed that her mother made for her. "Daddy... Come back soon..." She clenched her body pillow in her arms tightly.

Letting her leave, he went back home, opening the door. "Mother," he called into the house, "you left the door unlocked again. I've told you before, Father's not here to lock it, and I'm out most of the day." Hearing her in the sitting room, he goes into it, seeing her reading a book, one he had bought her for her birthday last year.

"I'm sorry, Caenir. I'd meant to lock it earlier, when I came back from the store, but I forgot..." She tells him, looking up.

"It's okay. Just try to remember, okay? I'm sorry Ourelion didn't come today...I'll email him or something. Mom, I'm going to bed, okay?" He kisses her cheek, wishing her a good night, before retreating to his bedroom, not even bothering taking off his shoes before collapsing into bed.

Just laying there, in the dark curling under her covers was perfect for Alyiz. She ended falling asleep, yet Aly never had normal dreams, she had dreams of things horrible that would happen in the near future, or at least that was what Aly thought of it, since every time she had a dream she always found out a couple days later that it happened. Her mother always said it was just a coincidence. Aly argued however.

A couple of hours later, around nine to eight, Aly slowly sat up in her bed and then looked out of her window seeing the sun slowly coming up. She stretched her arms in front of her and then she got up, and went into her kitchen, her mother was still sleeping. She noticed when she looked around there were no boxes to unload... Mom what did I tell you about over working yourself? Whenever she did this, sh slept all day and started drinking when she woke up.

Aly sighed and walked out of her house, sitting on a rock that was placed by her home, she crossed her legs and just decided to go around town, she she started off to the town square, yawning lightly, even though she got more than enough sleep. Maybe it was Cae's crying that got her overwhelmed? She didn't know and didn't care as she looked around.

As soon as Cae awoke, he opened his window, climbing out onto the terrace that ran up one side of the wall. Climbing up it, he pushed himself to the roof, hearing the sounds of the bells of the church in the center of town. Most citizens went to the large public one downtown, but a few people, those who didn't have cars or liked smaller gatherings, went to the smaller churches spread out around the city. Most of his friends went to the downtown one, while a few others, mainly Iordir, went to the nearby one. Despite that, all of them wouldn't be allowed out, not today.

Sitting down on the roof, he watches his mother leave a few minutes later, heading for church as well. Cae wouldn't go; he hadn't since his father had died, but his mother insisted that she go every week. Sighing, knowing he'd be more or less alone for the remainder of the day, he looks out longingly to the streets, wishing that the whole city didn't shut down or one day every single week.

This city was really confusing to Aly, she saw everything as she walked down the street she hadn't expected it to all shut down, she didn't think that a city could... Do that... But as she walked, she remembered her father talking about a park of some sorts. Since he lived here when he was a kid, she walked to the park, and looked down, she was getting a bad feeling about everything that was happening.

Aly sat on a swing, and began to rock herself back and forth, her eyes closed as she leaned her head against the chain, that her right hand was gripping onto so tightly her knuckles were turning a darker color. Right about now her mother would be still snoring, probably would get up in the next hour or two, and then start drinking. Aly tightened her grip on the chain and started shaking slightly. "Mom..." She whispered to the empty playground, and sighed softly.

When boredom overtook him, Cae slid off the edge of the house, landing on his feet. He could still remember when every time he tried to follow Ourelion's example, he would fall, not only scaring their parents, but also breaking a few bones in the process. Now, he had it down to an art, and hadn't gotten hurt for several years.

Shoving his hands in his pockets, he wandered aimlessly, knowing that most everything would be closed. Seeing Aly on a swing in a park about a mile away from his home, he climbs the fence rather than go through the entrance, walking over to her.

"Hey!" he calls to her, raising a hand in a wave as he walks closer to her.

Before she heard his voice, she heard the noise of him climbing the fence, Aly looked up and saw Cae, she really hadn't expected to see him again after last night yet she had no problems with it. She stood up from the swing she was seated upon, a grin came across her face, and she lifted up her hand wiggling her fingers at him.

"Hey there, Cae." She grinned and leaned against one of the poles that kept the swing set up and working. "What's up? What are you up to today? Anything new? Or rather interesting?" She smiled lightly.

"Not really." He shook his head. "Most everything is closed today, except for a few smaller stores way in the odd part of downtown." He sits down on one of the swings, gently pushing himself forwards and back with his feet. "I'd take you to one of the stores, but usually they make you buy something, and I don't have any money..." He smiles good-naturedly, remembering a time when he had stumbled into an anarchist bookstore a few years ago to get out of the sun and had ended up walking home with a t-shirt.

"How've you been, then?" he asks, looking to her.

Aly looked down a bit and shrugged her shoulders, "That doesn't really matter..." She whispered and moved forward, giving him a light hug and a bright smile. "Your night wasn't too horrible, was it?" she tilted her head, and frowned softly, hoping he had at least an okay night. She started to think about what she had thought about before he came and she whispered. "Could we like, hang out all day? The longer I don't have to go hoe the better, really..." she sighed. "My mom will be a drunken mess soon and I don't wanna go home to that.." She bit her lips nervously and watched him.

"I understand," he told her, gently taking her hand. "We can go to my house, if you want. My mother won't be home until late, especially since last night was what it was... Or we can get coffee or something if you don't want to go to my house. My mother wouldn't mind." Leading her out of the park, he waits at the entrance for her answer.

Aly bit her bottom lip as she looked up at Cae, but what the hell? Why not go to his place? Not like they were together or anything so she wouldn't have to worry about having to protect herself from his... manliness... A soft smile came over her lips and she nodded her head. She looked down to her hand that was connected with him and returned the grasp smiling only softly. "Yeah, your place is probably a lot better than mine! Let's go!" she giggled.

"Sure." Leading her through the empty streets of town, he eventually comes back to his house. His mother wasn't there yet, so he had no misgivings about taking home a girl. Walking up the front steps, he dug in his pockets for his keys, quickly finding them. Sliding the right key into the lock, he pushed open the door, knowing that it could be sticky sometimes. "Welcome to my house," he said a bit sheepishly, holding the screen door open for her.

Once they arrived at his home, she stepped inside and glanced around. "Hey, your place isn't half bad, ya know!?" she grinned, and turned to look at him, and placed her hands on her hips. "I'm assuming you bring all your girlfriends here, yes?" She laughed a turned around starting to boldly walk through his home.

Cae shook his head. "Nope. I wouldn't bring you here knowing my mother was here. She's clingy when I'm around girls...Thinks it'll make me 'more independent' and make me leave her. I think she's worried I might be convinced into doing the same thing Dad did..." he trailed off, kicking off his shoes. "Do you want something to eat? I can make tea, but I'm not very good at it. I'm pretty sure we've got cookies, if you want that..." Gesturing for her to sit down on the couch, he moved to the kitchen, looking for something he could use to appear polite.

When Cae told Aly about his mother being clingy when he was around girls, she tilted her head and started to think about what her mother would do if she was around guys... she didn't know since she rarely spoke to guys at all, it was usually girls she had hung out with and befriended... But now that they lived somewhere new... She had no girlfriends, only one guy friend... And his little... Gang? Aly looked down a bit and smiled softly.

"Your mother... I bet she's real pretty." She smiled softly, and then sat down where he motioned her to do so, and bowed her head. When he spoke about a beverage she blushed and shook her head. "No, no. Please don't go out of your way to feed me... I'm fine, I really am." She smiled softly, and looked down. "It's enough that you even let me come here... I'm glad that you did though..." Although she was slightly worried about her mother...

"Okay," he replied, returning to the living room. Sitting down on his father's old recliner across the coffee table from the couch she was sitting on, he said, "It's no problem, really." He smiled softly, looking at his hands. Biting his lip as the silence continued, he tried to think of something to say, something to start the conversation. Pulling up blank, he sighed heavily, before asking, "Where did you live before here?"

Aly watched him move over to the recliner, as she crossed her legs, and placed her hands on her knees. The silence between them seemed a bit awkward, and Aly was assuming that he had just about as much experience with girls that she did with guys. She looked to the side, and coughed into her arm, but when he spoke his question, it jerked her eyes towards him. He wanted to know about her homeland? She looked down at her hands that were tucked between her legs, and her fingers were curled under her thighs.

"It's called Naer." She smiled and looked down as she thought of her homeland, and images of the trees, and wilderness made her happy. She was very happy, her eyes closed and she took a deep breath. "Naer was where I was born, and it was the place I thought I would have grew old with someone I loved, but it got... Crowded with foreigners, who wanted to destroy everything... And so they did... By the time my father found out what was going on, there was only a couple houses left, and a few other buildings..." She sighed and felt her body and especially her hands start to shake. "He then sent my mother and I to here, I guess this is where he was born.." Her hands stopped shaking and clenched in her lap, as a bitter look crossed her expression.