EquinoxSol x Dedtoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evelyn had been considering where she wanted to go next before catching his eyes moving away from hers. Following where his gaze had wandered, she looked over the various spiders before seeing the white one. "Is that what you're looking at?" she asked him, smiling. Taking his hand, she led the way towards the table, kneeling in front of the cage with the white spider in it, smiling at it.

Zar'Le leaned forward, marveling at the white spider. "Yeah... Do you have any idea how rare albino spiders are?" He asked, straightening up again, looking at her. "It's the first one I've seen in my life!" He quickly turned to the merchant. "What gender is the white one, and how much does it cost?!" "She's a female, and she costs three hundred draconics." The merchant, with a sigh coming from Zar'Le in return. "Damn it... Azyandra is a girl too..." He said, looking down sadly, as he knew two females wouldn't get along.

Noticing his disappointment, she looked up at him, at first not understanding why the spider's gender was an issue. Then, just as she was about to ask him about it, she realized that now-painfully obvious answer, and she frowned slightly. "I know how much you want it," she said, looking up at him. "...Isn't there some way we could make it work...?"

He rubbed his neck for a moment, before he spoke. "Well... They could get along, I guess... I mean, the females tend to be rather lazy. If they had a male as well, who would go around trying to court both of them, then maybe." He suddenly got an idea. "Do you want a spider as well, maybe? A slightly smaller one? Say... A male?" He asked with a grin. He couldn't really have been more obvious in his hinting, but he figured making her laugh could do nothing bad for his cause.

Laughing at how obvious he was being, she said, "Okay," brightly. "What kind should I get?" Bending slightly, she looked at the various other spiders, smiling at a couple of them. "What would we do if we got baby spiders?" she asked with a grin, trying to imagine having more spiders in the house.

"Hey, you pick whichever of the small ones you want, as they're the males." He said, pointing to the half of the cages with the males. He couldn't help but to laugh at her question about spiderlings. "Then we can try selling them off, keep them or just let them go. Plenty of spiders of that size around here anyway. But as I've said, white spiders are worth quite a bit." He said with a wide smile at her.

Evelyn nodded, smiling as she looked at the various spiders. Finally, she saw the perfect one. "This one, Zar'Le," she told him, gesturing towards it. The spider was colored a dark green that reminded her of the forest at home, and it wasn't so big that it gave her chills, like some of the others did. Grinning at the spider through the bars of the cage, she tried to think of names for it.

Zar'Le hissed a few words to the merchant, while pointing to the cages of the white and green spiders, before handing him a small pouch of coins. The merchant happily took the pouch, before opening the two cages, letting the spiders skitter onto his hands, which he then held out to the couple. Zar'Le accepted his and held it up to his eyes, stroking it gently on its mid-section.

Doing the same, Evelyn smiled at her spider, lightly running her fingers over his body. Letting him move from the palm of her hand along her arm, she said to him, "Do you like the name Meki? It means old forest in my language." Laughing softly as the spider crawled onto her shoulder, she gently patted it, its legs tickling her skin.

Zar stroked his spider a bit more, before he turned his attention back to Evelyn. "So, whats next? Do you want to have a look at dresses and such, or are you hungry again?" He asked, obviously unsure. "I mean... You're warm blooded, so know you need to eat more often and stuff..." As he spoke, the spider climbed from his shoulder, and up onto his head, letting out a low squee of happiness, as she found a happy-spot.

"A little," she answered, slipping her hand into his again. Laughing softly when Meki nuzzled against her neck, she gently ran a finger along his body, murmuring to him, "Don't be jealous, Meki. I love you, too. I'd hold your hand if I could." Looking back to Zar'Le, she kissed the side of his face before saying, "Maybe we should eat before going to look at dresses, though..." Smiling, she squeezed his hand softly.

"What does the lady wish to eat then?" He asked, wrapping his tail around her one leg as they started to walk. "As I said, a whole lot of races have set up here, so there is a whole lot to chose between. Would you like a local... Oh, right. No meat. Well, there's quite a bit for that as well! The Forest Elves hardly eat meat! Uh... If you don't count seashells and other creatures of the sea, the Murlocs got something for ya. You're the one not eating anything, you decide!" He said, placing a soft kiss on her chin in return.

She smiled, thinking over her choices. "Forest Elf food sounds nice," she told him. Occasionally, in the forest she grew up in, Forest Elves would pass through her home to trade. They would only stay a couple days, but they would trade goods and stories with the Nymphs. Evelyn had never eaten anything the Forest Elves made, as they would stay beyond her home and keep to themselves when they weren't trading with the Nymphs. "Where to?" she asked him, looking up at him.

"Uh... Lets see..." He said, stretching a bit to look around, attempting to see where the Elves could have set up today. "I can't see them..." He started flicking his tongue out, as he craned his neck back a bit. "Hmm... Somewhere over there, I think..." He said, pointing in one direction. "At least I think it's Forest Elves..." He said, as he started leading the way.

Evelyn kept a hold on his hand, not wanting to get lost in the crowd or trip over her own feet. She tried to see over everyone's head, wanting to see if she can find the Forest Elves before Zar'Le. "Are they over there?" she asked, pointing. However, when she looked back at the area, she didn't see it. Deciding it must have been a passing glance of a Forest Elf, she shook her head. "Nevermind, I must be seeing things," she said afterwards, continuing to look for them.

Zar'Le stopped suddenly, and turned towards Evelyn with a smile. "I just got a little idea to help us find them." He said, letting go of her hand, only to place them around her hips. "None of us are tall enough to look over the crowd. But with a bit of help..." He gently lifted her off the ground, attempting to lift her far enough so she'd actually be able to see anything. "...then you might see some pointy ears!" He groaned, as he held her.

Letting out a surprised yelp when he picked her up off of the ground, she did as he said, looking around for any sign of a Forest Elf. When she saw the darker skin of one, she pointed. "Over there. I think I see some." Waiting until he put her down, she took his hand before saying, "This way." Leading him in the direction she remembered seeing the Forest Elf, she tried to make her way over there.

He followed her with a smile, as they worked their way through the crowd. After only a minute, he saw the Elves too, and their stand with all sorts of fruits and vegetables in bowls. They wore what seemed to be leaves and flowers sewn together, yet they were hardly enough to cover them. Zar'Le squeezed Evelyn's hand, and asked her "Do you see something you want, or should I choose something for you?"

"You should choose something," Evelyn said, returning his squeeze as she leaned softly into him. Even still, she looked over what was offered, recognizing a couple of the fruits. However, she wanted something she had never tasted before, and hoped that Zar'Le would choose something good.

"Lets see then..." Zar'Le said, looking over the dishes. His gaze stopped at some fruits from a faraway place that the Elves managed to grow locally. He placed a few coins on the table, before taking a bowl, filled with large, green leaves and some almost yellow, spiky looking fruits that were soft to the touch. "Here. I don't know what they're called, but apparently, they grow in some desert, far away." He said, as he took one of the fruits and held it up to Evelyn's mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.