Epic Zombie Mayhem of Doom and Stuff (also known as Z-Day)

Ferris took the fastest shower of his life, and changed just as quickly as he could manage before darting out of the house like a bullet and back toward the barn. "Himiko?" he called, as though afraid that she would have left, despite his request.

Himiko looked down at Ferris and waved, "Up here." She wasn't sure what he was so worked up about but she was determined to find out. Knowing him he was probably going to ask her more about why she didn't like guns.

Ferris mounted the ladder and pulled himself onto the loft. He flopped into his back on the hay an took a deep breath. "I never thought I would enjoy myself in a barn. I mean, I grew up in the 'burbs. But this... It's sort of beautiful, you know?" He grinned. "So..." he began, "how'd you leard to fight like that, Himiko? I mean, no offense, but I've never seen a girl with a frame like yours fight like that..."

Himiko sat down a short distance from Ferris as he talked. She was happy that Ferris was enjoying himself here, the others seemed to like him too. "I learned to fight from the same person who taught me how to walk the tight rope and throw knives," Himiko said after dismissing Ferris's comment about her frame. "But it need a little adapting for it to work on zombies."

"Well you do a great job." Ferris grinned. Propping himself up on his elbows.

"Thank you," Himiko said, blushing, "you do a good job too, but I shouldn't expect anything less from a marine." She looked at the scratches on her arm and let out a sigh, "How am I going to explain these?"

"Well, don't feel obligated to explain them right away. You were in the circus, right?" Ferris glanced over as Himiko nodded, "Which one?"

Himiko bit her lip as she thought about the best way to answer his question. "It had two names," she began, "our official name was the South West Traveling Circus, but locals called us anything from The Outdoor Circus to The Carnival."