Epic Zombie Mayhem of Doom and Stuff (also known as Z-Day)

Ferris shook his head in confusion. Himiko wasn't in the barn. He heard a tap on the wooden door frame behind him. He turned to find Molly standing in the door way. "She's probably down at the river. Sunday is bath day for Basco." Before he could reply, she waddled away. Ferris paused for a moment, but barely thought before he made his way to the edge of the property, through the gate, and down the rope ladder that lead to the river below. Slightly downriver from him stood Himiko, wearing a bikini with her jeans rolled up to her knees. Across her back was Chinese calligraphy, and along the left side of her rib-cage was a dragon.

Himiko rinsed off Basco and went to the edge of the river. She leaned over to grab something when she noticed Ferris up river, and waved. She felt slightly embarrassed because of her appearance, but she didn't have time to give it too much thought. Basco stood and sniffed the air as Himiko noticed a dark mass moving down stream. She motioned for Ferris to duck at the same time she threw a knife.

Ferris didn't pause. He dropped into a low crouch, kneeling in the cool water right as he heard the solid thunk of the knife meeting its mark. He turned to see the zombie, a young male wearing nothing but a pair of ragged shorts, fall into the water, the blade lodged in his eye. Ferris side-stepped as the creature floated past him on the current. "Heya, Himiko," he smiled, "That sure was exciting."

"Its about to get more exciting," Himiko said, noticing other shapes coming at them from up river. She dislodged her knife from the eye of the zombie and replaced it in its holster. She took one of the trench spikes from her side and passed it to Ferris, "Can't believe you didn't bring a weapon with you."

Ferris smirked, "Who says I didn't?" He took the trench spike in one hand and pulled a hunting knife from his boot, lodging it deep into the eye socket of the nearest zombie, and yanking it away in the next fluid motion. "Once a marine, always a marine. Why would I go anywhere unarmed?"

Himiko gave Ferris an understanding smile and plunged her trench spike into the temple of another zombie. "Well better then Talon," she said as Basco came up an joined them. He stood and with a grunt swung his paw at the next unfortunate zombie. The blow was well aimed and the zombie's spine shattered audibly under the blow. Himiko was about to finish off the zombie on the ground when it reached up, quicker then she anticipated, and scratched her in the arm. She jumped back with a hiss of pain and Basco came down with both paws on the zombie's head, effectively crushing the skull.

Ferris spun, catching another zombie by the shoulder while he brought up the trench spike and slammed it into the top of its head. "You all right?" he asked as the last two zombies staggered forward.

"Yes," Himiko said, eyeing the scratches, "It didn't break the skin so I should be fine." She flung a knife at one of the zombies shuffling at them. The knife lodged itself where the nose of the zombie should have been but the zombie kept moving forward. Himiko glared at the zombie, "I had a feeling that I should have brought my bow, did I? No." Himiko said feeling bitter about the whole situation.

Ferris dislodged the spike from the zombie he had just killed and jammed it into the forehead of the other zombie. The only remaining corpse still shambled toward Himiko with her knife protruding from his face. "You got that one covered?"

"Yes, I have it covered," Himiko said, running at the zombie and stabbing her knife into the top of it's head.

"Good work," Ferris said, grinning and watching Himiko retrieve her knife. Suddenly he found himself noticing the curve of her slender back. Completely exposed. Skin clear and gently tanned. He cleared his throat and looked away quickly. "Let's get out of here, eh?"

Himiko looked back at Ferris, "We're going to have to move these bodies out of our water supply," She said, putting her trench spike back in its sheath, "Can't be too careful, you know." She smiled up at him and wondered at his sudden change in demeanor.

Ferris willed himself not to blush. "That's probably a good idea..."

Himiko started to drag one of the bodies into the woods. "Oh, tell no one about the zombies today," Himiko said, "They think they need to leave when little things like this happen." She stopped part way in the trees and unceremoniously dropped the body when she emerged she checked to see if you could see the body. Happy with her work she moved onto the next body.

Ferris jumped in to assist, dragging a corpse along the same path as Himiko, "Do you have stuff to start a fire?" he asked, glancing over at her. This time, he caught a glimpse of a livid pink scar on her right side, puckered and round. It was a shape with which Ferris was well familiar. "You were shot," he said, his voice grave and monotone.

She was about to answer his first question when he suddenly brought up her scar. Himiko glanced up at him and suddenly became aware of her almost nakedness, and blushed. "Yeah," She said, looking away from him, "Its why I don't like guns." She dropped the body along side the other one, "Among other things," She said as she held herself, remembering what happened to Basco's mother.

Ferris knit his eyebrows together, concern overriding his actions for a moment. He stepped toward her, fighting the temptation to touch her and reassure her. "I'm sorry, Himiko... Let's get this taken care of quickly, okay? Then we can hang out in the barn and rest and junk."

"Yeah," Himiko said, heading back to the corpses. They finished cleaning the bodies from the river in silence and headed back up the cliff. When they entered the barn Himiko look down at herself then looked over at Ferris, "I guess we should clean up..."

Ferris looked down at his shirt and frowned, "Man, my CO would kill me." Without hesitating, he removed his sticky shirt and stretched his muscles. "I'll be right back. Meet me here," he gave her a beseeching look, making it known that he would be very disappointed indeed if she left.

"But I need to-" Himiko started as Ferris turned and left. She frowned and went to grab a shirt, wiping the blood off as best she could before slipping it on. Then she went back and waited for Ferris.