Endless Horizons: Chapter One, The Isle of Caged Dreams.

First she heard the sea and her ears twitched. Then she felt the breeze on her wet body, she felt the chills and swinged weakly her tail. Mith'ral kept her face-to-the-ground position for some more seconds regaining control over herself, analizing what she could hear and feel. There was someone else, someone who was already awake and was walking away from her (well at least from where she was) with nervous and uncertain steps. The humidity was pretty high, but she didn't feel water in the air: probably the mist was gone. She could feel rocks more than sand under her as well as her multiple cuts and bruises hurting as hell due to the salt. She hurt everywhere but forced herself to bring a hand to search for her pendant. It was still were it should have been, strangely enough without a scratch, unlike her. "I-it hu-hur--ts" she said with a breath, her voice was low and her throat dry. Damn salty water. She trien catching some scents but the sea smell was too strong and opened her eyes looking around her.

There were two crew mates still laying on the ground, and the beach seemed more like the end of a cliff. Mith'ral struggled to get up and sat on the rocks, feeling her wet clothes adhere to her body, getting her wet hair out of her face; her ears laid back. Now she could see more clearly: it was indeed a cliff, and indeed the fog was gone, the sea still got some ship pieces drawing ashore. The unconcious ones were still breathing, so she made a note to tend to them later as for the one who was already awake... well he was coming back from a path he seemed to have found. It looked like he was really uncertain though. As he drew near she was finally able to recognize him as one of the Capitan's officers, she couldn't really say if he was the First or the Second but, without doubt, he was either one.

The Keeton girl tried to call out to him but her voice just failed to come out, so she resolved on waving at him. Worst choice ever. With every movement she discovered new cuts and bruises... Where the hell were they?

How long has it been since anyone aside from the Note Worthy have step foot on the island, surely the guardians who have watched over this forsaken place could not have failed to eliminate such an insignificant force. There must be an answer as to why Azazel and Metatron allowed to them to live, why it is now that the Demons have finally located their only remaining haven? Could this be a test of fate presented by the Great Mother Allaeirah herself or perhaps yet another declaration of war issued by Daea, the Hollow Father. In the end these thoughts mattered not as they were brushed aside with a mere grunt from the Quartermaster, a man of great renown and legendary skill, as he rose to his feet to address his compatriots, "I care not for why these beasts were spared nor for what reasons, if any, that they have for trespassing in our sanctuary."

"What do you intend to do with these 'beasts' as you call them?", an elderly woman, whom was leading the discussion moments before, inquired garnering the attention of the whole room.

"I wish to study them.", the giant of a man replied in a tone so monotonous and frigid those around him were certain they could see their own breaths for a moment.

"Study?", the small woman replied, "Do not take me for a fool. I see a hunger in your eyes that dates back to the age of purging, one that still disrupts my sleep most nights."

"With all due respect Elder, I swore upon my own existence to protect this island along with my brothers and sisters from the demons and I intend to do just that.", the Quartermaster turned his back to the elder as he started the trek to his personal armory, but not before she got in the final word.

"I pray the Great Mother takes pity upon your soul for it will be the only you receive after your fall to the demons, Hovus Wisteria.", a crooked smile formed across her face as she watched the vengeful man stride away with a purpose she believed he left behind lifetimes ago.

____

Standing before the armor-clad dress from the Quartermaster's thought drifted back to when he last donned the suit of armor, a time of great pain for his people, shaking them from his heads he began to change clothing.

Sliding the obsidian brigandine over his bleach white hair that grazed his lower back the man methodically buttoned the riveted leather clothing before throwing on a brown haori bearing the design of a dragon wrapping around the right sleeve down to the wrist. Next, he proceeded to put on a pair of black cloth breeches to which he affixed his steel cuisse, greaves, and sabatons before finishing with his orichalon fauld around his waist. Finally, he walked a few feet to his right admiring the weapon that hung before him, to call this weapon a mere greatsword would be an understatement as it stood nearly six feet even, its blade twisting into itself forming a double helix; The sword itself is unwieldy due to its size, yet Hovus is able to wield the weapon with an unparalleled grace.

"Prepare yourself, demons."

A slight whooshing sound signaled the arrival of the sea breeze. Sarah looked upon the ones she had rescued and pitied them. So many had died, and yet these two had no clue why or how. Even to her it was mostly unclear.. In the minutes it had taken for them to awake she had already formulated a plan. She looked to them both, thanking her luck for having an Iroan with her.

"Alright" she spoke with a comfortable, yet commanding voice. "First things first, we have to get a base of operations up and running, who knows what awaits us on this accursed piece of land." She looked to the Spider first. "You, your name was Seraia correct? I am Sarah, Captain Myrrh's first mate. Would you do me the honor of allowing me to wield you? If you are up to it I am in need of an axe for felling one of these palms."

She then looks to the younger girl. "..and you, Alexandria, yes that was it. It would be rather helpful if you could comb the beach for medium sized rocks, anything bigger you find I can move for you later. We need to set up a campfire. There is no knowing how long we will be here for.." Sarah then awaited their responses, hoping they were willing to cooperate. She would need both of them if they were going to survive long enough to meet up with the captain.

The Captain's Second mate looked behind him to see that two of the three others' were completely unconscious. Curses.. this is- what would the Captain do.. No, I can't think that way, Confidence Allen, Confidence. He thought to himself desperately. He looked to the one crew mate that was conscious, noticing immediately that she was in great pain. Little slits marked her whole body, and the salt water was most likely increasing their uncomfortably.

"Oh goodness, you don't look well at all," he spouted nervously, "We must get out of this salt water immediately. U-um.. I do believe I can lend you a hand with that for the time being however. You see, I am a user of spirit magiks.. I- uh, the Captain gave me this position because she thought I was strong.. I don't necessarily agree though... What I mean to say is, Uh- Oh god I'm rambliong aren't I.. I'll just cut to the chase. I can um, make you feel better with my magic. Sort of.. make the pain go away.. would you like that..?" He was clearly blushing and was obviously having a hard time relaying what he was trying to say..

Allen dipped his head in embarrassment as he awaited the Keetons' reply.

The woman cocked her head curiously as the 'man' before her cursed his bad luck. "Have I done something to upset you?" She asked curiously. In all honesty the woman was simply trying to get her bearings and this mans' negative reaction was a tad off-putting. Before either of them could respond however, one of the guards carrying them along noticed that they were awake. His response was swift and merciless. A club on the back of both their heads ended the conversation before it had even started.

((Hitler, we are being taken to to a Note Worthy prison, I'll let you have the opening post. Make sure to give Grem a moment with Hovus.))

All the chatter coming from the man confused the Keeton 'Is he here to help me or to blabber?' she thought weakly... how could just thinking rise so much pain? She didn't know but a sentence riverberated in her head "I can um, make you feel better with my magic. Sort of.. make the pain go away.. would you like that..?" she was about to gasp an answer when a memory surfaced in her blurry mind. She recollected herself and with a voice as steady as she could (which wasn't much) answered the man: "It would be much appreciated, sir" she almost caughed. Every word scratching against her throat, every breath burning her vocal cords.

She dropped her tail, relaxed her ears, that naturally lowered on her head and closed her eyes, striving to get to her pendant 'Thank you ancestors' she thought gratefully. The wind blew a bit stronger getting new salty sand in her cuts. "Hu--hurts" she lamented with a low broken voice. Waiting for him to make his magic (literally) and wanting to distract herself from the pain (which didn't always work) she spoke again "Wh--o are you... sir? And what ha-happened to the-- Ouch!--ship?" being breathing be as painful as talking, she resolved to spend her time constructively, and asking those questions was a good way to do it.

"I, uh, Allen.." He replied before beginning to cast his spell. He was a spirit magic user, and would be able to numb her to most of the pain with a simple aura spell. Allen closed his eyes in concentration as a blue light illuminated his form. the blue aura then expanded, engulfing both him and the Keeton. The aura would numb her pain and increase her energy and strength. He also cast the aura on himself. It would most likely last about an hour before dissipating.

"T-that should do it.. um, would you help me carry these two? we, uh, have to get up this path here.." He then gestured towards the trail up the cliff side before moving to lift up the unconscious Die Jaeger with little effort. "I, uh, am stronger than I look and the aura helps quite a bit.. you should be able to pick up the smaller fellow over their." Allen spoke Gestruing to the other crewmate before slinging the Die Jaeger over his shoulder and turning from the keeton girl.

The Keeton felt immediately better. Every pain was as good as gone and she felt stronger than ever. She listened to him as he clumsily introduced himself 'Allen... Allen... Ooooh Allen... Captains second mate! Now I understand!' she thought getting up. "Thank you sir - she said - I'm honored to be guided by you and grateful for your assistance" she smiled at him with risen ears and gently swinging tail. Than followed his lead and went to get the human man still unconscious. She got him over her shoulder as a sack of potatoes so as to free either of her hands in case of an attack. She moved her ears in every direction to get some revealing sounds but she could just hear the sea and some migratory bird screaming somewhere, as well as she couldn't smell anything else that the salty and decomposition stench that the bay gave off. "Sir... you sill havent answered my second question" she added getting at his right and keeping up the pace effortless.

Allen blushed at the Keeton's thank you, luckily for him his back was turned to her. "It was nothing... really..." He then continued walking only to pause momentarily when she reminded him of her second question. The man gulped. Honestly he had been trying to forget it all, the monster, the cries of pain. His own fear.

He had just watched as his friends. No, his family died around him.. He couldn't do anything... If only he was stronger.. He cursed under his breath and began to tear up. "It's... I.. Lets not talk about, ok?" He looked up to the Keeton, forcing a smile as a few tears found their way down his cheek.

"My head..."

Grem clasped the back of his head in an attempt to ease the mild pain throbbing throughout his cranial cavity as he began to recollect the events leading to waking up for a third time on this particular day. It didn't take long for him to notice the cold of the cement floor before raising himself to a sitting position, the half-breed was confused as to how he went from being strung to a pole like a fresh kill from a hunt to a jail cell. After rubbing his eyes he takes notice of a lone figure sitting at a nearby table just beyond the iron bars that locked him in, all he could make out from his blurred vision was white hair.

"So, you've finally awoken.", the figure commented as he leaned forward looking the prisoner over, "I can't seem to a recall ever having seen a demon such as yourself."

The man's oddly worded sentence caused the Lucresian to scratch his head while going "whuh?" which suffice to say summed up his understanding of everything up to this point. "The hell are you talking about? Demon?"

"Has the outside world forgotten it's origin?", the figure questioned with a sigh, "Does the term human sit well with you?"

An irritated expression quickly formed on Grem's face, "As a matter of fact it doesn't. I would appreciate it if you didn't compare me to them." With his vision slowly returning to normal he was able to make out more and more details about his captor(?) namely where his eyes were as the half-breed's own sharp golden eyes met the figure's strange white irises surrounded by grey sclera.

"Then I'll assume Pup fits you better.", quickly analyzing the captive and deducing his species, "Never in all my days would I imagine meeting an halfling of your kind."

"Thanks, never thought I would run into an asshole all the way out here in the middle of nowhere.", with a huff and now clear head the Lucresian rose to his feet walking to the perimeter of his cell, "What do you want from me? This is far too civil compared to what I saw earlier."

"I wish to know for what reason you have come here.", rising from his seat he strode forward to meet his prisoner's advance revealing his massive size dwarfing Grem's own menial existence.

"I didn't come here of my own volition, I assure you. I was tasked with protecting a crew to explore sent to explore the western sea.", sizing up the man he didn't particularly like his chances of making a daring escape, but something like that has never stopped him from trying before.

"Then you are a warrior, Pup?", a smirk formed on the man's face before turning into a toothy grin that was followed by an outburst of laughter.

"What the hell do you find so funny, Gramps?", Grem retorted with an agitated tone and snarl.

"To think I actually worried what one of your warriors would look like when I first laid eyes upon you.", regaining his composure he continued on with his insult, "I took you for a scholar, but if a pup such as yourself was trusted with guarding the lives of others then I can make quick work of your comrades."

"Tch,", Grem sneered shooting the man a look of disgust, "as long as I'm breathing you won't touch any of them without going through me." If the Old Man could hear him now he would be pleasantly surprised, but if Pencrest taught the half-breed anything it was to take his duties seriously.

The tone of his voice was resolute with no fear to be found which aroused the jailer's curiosity, "What is your name Pup?"

"I think it rude to ask someone there name without introducing yourself first.", he replied placing his hands in the pockets of his jacket.

"I like you, Pup.", the man stated smiling, "My name is Hovus Wisteria, Quartermaster of her Holiness Allaeirah."

"Allaeirah?", the young man repeated not sure he heard Hovus correctly, "Like the Goddess from the old legends?"

"Insolent welp!", Hovus exclaimed in a booming voice, "You scold me on manners and then proceed to disrespect the Great Mother!"

He was caught off guard by the man's outburst noting this as the only time this entire conversation he has truly demonstrated any sort of hostility. "Geez, take it easy. I was just asking.", Grem attempted to calm the Quartermaster down, "Back on track, I'm Grem Scarborough."

"Grem.", the man stated as he took a breath to calm his nerves, "That is a peculiar name." On that note Hovus turned his back to the Lucresian taking his leave to question their other prisoner.

"Yeah, okay, bye!", Grem shouted as he held it arms out to his side and taking a step forward, "Hovus." Stating his name watching as he walked through the door before disappearing from view he couldn't stop thinking of the smell that permeated the atmosphere, the stench of Death.

"What is your name"

"Uum... about that.."

"Who do you work for"

"Hmm.. I know this one.. I believe its.. Nope. No idea."

"Do you honestly take me for a fool!? Answer or suffer welp!"

The over sized man slammed his fist against the table he had been pacing around angrily for the last fifteen minutes. Slowly his patience had thinned, and now it was about to break. He had been questioning her for over a half hour, and despite her best attempts at helping him discover what it was he was looking for, she hadn't the smallest idea who she was or what she was doing here. Maybe that man from earlier would be able to help her find out her name at least. Maybe this man knew.

"What about you?" The man shot her an annoyed look. "Well, I mean, you've come in here, asked all these questions and then gotten all mad when I couldn't answer them. Yet you haven't said one thing about yourself. Whats your name? Why are you here? Where am I? What's you favorite color? These are all very important things you know. I mean, maybe I knew you at one point, hell, answering some questions for me might serve to jog my memory."

The man's mouth was agape. "Do you even... never mind.. I've no time for this foolishness. throw her in the cell with the other one and let them drive each other mad!" he announced before a pair of guards retrieved her and led her to another cell. They threw her in and locked the door. The first thing she noticed was the strong Lucresian from earlier.

"Fancy that, looks like we both found ourselves in the same prison. Isn't that exciting?"

His heart sank as the guards walked away and the keeton's voice raped his ears with its unnatural cheeriness, "For the love of all that is holy someone kill me!", Grem pleaded as he ran over to the iron bars pounding his fists to draw someone's, anyone's, attention. "Hovus!", the half-breed shouted, "You magnificent bastard, I'll kill you!" Small chuckles to himself soon turned to straight up maniacal laughter as he cursed his luck burying his face against the bars, collecting himself he turned back to face the girl. "No, you moron. This isn't exciting."

Starting to pace back and forth he started to think out plans on how he, and maybe possibly sorta kinda Myrrh, could recover his weapon and escape from bondage. The captain's incessant blathering was very distracting as she went on about how the color blue was fun to say, how this girl could command respect from anyone was beyond him. "Listen here, we need to get out of here. Maybe you would like help me think up a plan, hmmm, cap'n?"

The Keeton woman stopped saying the word 'blue' and cocked her head curiously. "Captain?" She inquired, "why on earth would you refer to me as captain? or perhaps.." an excited smile lit up her face, "you know who I am don't you!? Quick! tell me everything." She lept at the man, crawling up his chest and poking her nose into his face in curiosity. she had no regard for his personal space as she did so, but pulled back upon falling victim to his odor. "you smell of death, fish and a hint of roses. What the hell have you been doing in here?"

As the girl crawled over him, he could feel his temper flare up, but it was more along the lines of why she was doing it rather than the act. As she backed off commenting on his odor he face palmed, "You don't smell much better, runt.", Grem commented turning his head to the side. Taking a deep breath he released a huff as he prepared to explain everything to the Keeton.

"Alright.", pausing for a moment before actually starting, "First, before I tell you anything. I just want you to know that I think you are a complete dumbass for losing your memory in such a moronic way." For reals this time the Lucresian started to explain everything, "All I know is that your name is Myrrh something, I didn't really pay much attention to what your full name is because quite frankly I didn't care at the time and personally still don't. Anyway, you were contracted to escort an expedition to the western seas in search of new lands, which we actually managed to find amazingly, and I was assigned to act as a guard." From there he explained how they had traveled through a bed of fog for nearly two weeks before being attacked by a giant crab monster that destroyed her ship and his theory, or assumption, that there would were other survivors with one or some of them hopefully being a part of her crew to take her off his hands to have a firm sit down with.

"With that out of the way, do you have any suggestions for getting out of this mess?"

She saw his tears but somewhat couldn't see them as a weakness but as a way to let off all that tension and horror... what could the man have seen on the ship? Men died every day... it couldn't be something like that... she swinged her tail a bit confused while walking beside him. Those were a survivor's tears. The man on her shoulder was breathing heavily and it seemed he wasn't going to wake in the short run.

"There's no shame in tears, sir. My father used to say: for a man, too often, reputation is everything but... more than feel shame of my tears, I'd feel proud showing them, for I'd have proven I'm true to myself." she said casually but heartfeeling it. She smiled at him, getting the man on her shoulder in a better position. "So... where are we headed?"

The keeton woman cocked her head curiously. She backed away from the beast man who was clearly growing uncomfortable. She glanced around herself. With her eyes she could see no guards in the room with them, but somehow she knew that there were three in the room outside of this one and that the man who had been questioning her was no longer nearby. Two of the guards beyond the wall were standing beside the doorway and facing away from them, whilst the third was sitting at a desk, facing the door itself. The sound of keys jingle in his pockets found it's way to her eardrums.

Upon deducing that getting a hold of the keys was out of the question the woman began studying the door to their cell. It was a little old and rusted due to lack of use, if they had something hard and metal they might be able to break the lock, but that would draw the attention of the guards outside and she knew not what their capabilities were. She turned to her companion.

"Think you could take out three armed guards?"

The man walked in silence, simply gestured with his chin that they were traveling up the trail further. To be fully honest he did not even know where they were going, and despite being grateful for his companions compassion, he found himself unable to relieve himself of his current depression. They walked for a good half hour longer before gaining any noticeable headway. The end of the trail was in sight now, only a few more meter's and they would break free of this wretched fog. The man quickened his step as the trail widened, giving him confidence. After a few minutes they broke free of the fog. The wall of fog was at their back and stretched far up into the sky, creating an unnatural dome that spread beyond his vision. Before them was a beautiful meadow of flowers. In the distance was a pine forest and from their elevated height he could see the tree tops. It spread out into the distance, deep within the forest he could see a massive tower that looked akin to a giant tree itself. It was surrounded by three smaller towers, each enormous in their own right.

His jaw dropped as his mouth layed agape at the sight.

"Why... I never..." Was all he could manage as he gazed at the Beautiful sight.

If he had his sword at his side he would've felt a tad bit more confident when he said "Hell yeah.", but that didn't stop him from donning a snarky smirk, but the real question was how did they escape from their cell? Grem was strong, but even he couldn't bend what he assumed to be reinforced iron bars and if he couldn't then there was no way in hell Myrrh could. "Before I take them out though, we need to bust of this cell.", running plan after plan through his head he could only think of one way that gave them even the slightest chance which consisted of them somehow luring the guards inside the room and close enough to themselves that they could steal the keys from the guards and that was if they even had keys on them at all. "How well are you at acti- you know what just follow my lead."

Grem approached Myrrh placing one hand on her shoulder as he looked into her eyes, "You're going to have to trust me." As she stared back into his he delivered a quick jab to her abdomen with enough force that she would find herself reeling or that was what he was hoping for at least, then without missing a beat he makes a mad dash towards the cell door and shortly crashing into it hard enough that he knocked the wind of his system slowly sliding to the ground while making attempts at trying to catch is breath. "H-h-help!", he cried out hoping someone would hear him and come investigate, "So-some-something's wro-wro-wro-wrong! We ne-ed held!"

If this plan didn't work he just wasted time and looked like the world's biggest asshole to anyone who happened to be watching, but this was the best he could come up with.

"Eeeeeeeeee YAAAAAAA!" The Keeton let out a blood wrenching scream as the blow was delivered to her abdomen. Pain spread throughout her as her companionrushed to call for help. Myrrh curled into a ball and began moaning in pain, tremendous pain. It was like a pain dragon had swooped down, burned an entire village of pain people, transmitted all of that pain into her stomach, kicked her in the face, lit her aflame, slowly chewed her to dust, swallowed her whole, but somehow keeping her alive and able to feel pain, and then digested her (And that isn't even the half of it). The pain filled her to the brim, covering every orifice.

One of the guards came running, she heard a feint voice as it called out to her. Everything was blurry and strange, all she could think about was her belly. She barely heard the door as the guard opened it to retrieve her, no doubt he did not think that it could be a trap. A single thought went through Myrrh's head as she lost consciousness, I hope wolf man can... manage..

"What's wrong?", the lone guard questioned as he examined the two exasperated prisoners confused as all hell as to how they ended up like this in just a matter of moments. Making sure to keep an eye on the Lucresian he cautiously examined Myrrh who was now out like a light, "Why is she unconscious?" The guard was met silence as he prodded at the girl before getting agitated spinning around to try and get some answers, "I sai-!" As he spun he was met with a well placed right hook that sent him right back to the ground, "You said what?", Grem questioned as the man wearily raised his head back up attempting to make some kind of retort, yet before he could get anything out the half-breed delivered a kick to the side of his opponent's face incapacitating him.

Grem began to rifle through the guards pockets searching for anything that might be of use down the road, but came up empty handed. "Sorry about doing that to yah.", he murmured turning to Myrrh's sleeping form, "Not so sorry about you, runt." Hoisting her over his shoulder he carefully made his way out of the cell slowly poking his head out into the hallway checking for the other two guards his companion mentioned before, shortly after his attention was drawn down the hall to a guard armed with a familiar looking armament. Lifting a fist up to his mouth turning his head to the side while bobbing back, "Son of a-", he angrily groaned repeating the motion one more time before dropping his arm back down to this side, "He stole my sword." They were enemies so, it really didn't surprise him that they would steal they're weapons, but he wasn't even dead yet and the guard was swaggering around with his sword.

Striding towards the thief the Lucresian's movements were rapid, but cautious as he snuck up effortlessly on his target until Myrrh somehow managed to ruin it as she released an extremely loud yawn. The Keeton's constitution was remarkable seeing as she was able to recover so quickly from her condition, but he wasn't really complaining seeing as he didn't have to carry her everywhere. "What the hell? How did you get out!", the guard exclaimed as he drew his weapon poiting it towards the duo.

"Shit."

Myrrh's eyes fluttered open as she re adjusted to consciousness. She sniffed the air, picking up on the halfing's scent. "W-why is the world up side down wolfy..?" She just barely managed to get the last word out before she was dropped on her ass. She winced in pain and stood up, rubbing her rear end as she did so. She surveyed the scene, immediately noticing the guard in front of them. "Oh... Hello sir!" She waved happily at the man, purposely ignoring his hostility. "Me and my friend here," She gestured to Grem, who was now giving her a death glare most likely due to her new found nick name for him, "were just wondering if you could point us too the exit, you see we are quite lost."

She then looked to the man who responded by threatening them with his weapon and exclaiming "You two aren't going anywhere! I am going to be taking you down, right her, right now!" Myrrh raised her eyebrow coyly as if to say 'is that so' before turning to Grem and gesturing for him to whoop this young lads' sorry ass.

Mith'ral followed the man in a respectful silence, adjusting her steps to match his. They were still in the fog, a thick and grayish one. They could hardly see the path and a couple of time the girl almost tripped to an unexpected rock. She didn't know what to say. Her only awake companion seemed the silent type and the others were of little to no company. Still passed out, still a dead wheigh. The Keeton started to wander withher thoughts 'What if we're under attack... we can't worry about them... we should leave them somewhere, maybe when we're over this fog' she said befor looking again at Allen. His stance and his way of walking, so insecure, so cautious let her guess he didn't know where they were going, and the grey wall seemed to have eaten them completely. "Allen, sir..." she started to say, before his esclamation. The keeton almost dropped the one on her shoulder, but, lukily (or not), she managed to keep it from touching the ground too hard.

What she saw left her speachless, a hand on her pendant. The meadow, the pines... all that green. It remembered her of her homeland but it was a lot greener here... where in the hell were they?

Letting out a weary sigh he turned his deathly annoyed stared from Myrrh to the guard, "You know what? I'm tired of all the violence. Why can't we all just get along?" Grem's words were quite shocking as the guard appeared dumbfounded dropping the sword's tip to the ground, "I know we're supposed to be prisoners, but really what crime have we committed? We were attacked by a ginormous crustacean and awoke to find ourselves strung up for no good reason only to be knocked out a second time. If we offended your people because of this I apologize, but it truly was not our fault." The guard's eye grew wide as he stared at the ground, from the rapid movement of his eyes side to side and the empty movement of his mouth indicated that he was beginning to question the whole situation, "Lay down your arms and let us hug it out." Has the half-breed lost his mind or has he finally grew tired of the senseless violence that has plagued his life since leaving home and training under Pencrest? The old man's wisdom might have finally reached him, but at a time like this... well, it seems a little odd.

The guard loosened his grip on the sword allowing it to fall to the ground as he continued to stay motionless staring at the ground with the two captives awaiting his next move, "I'm sorry! You have done nothing wrong, friends.", stretching his arms out to his side he moved to embrace Grem who did the same. As the distance between the two men decreased time seemed to slow down as if it was savoring this moment of beauty and kindness, closer, closer, and closer still they drew until one could only place a hand between them, "You done fucked up, son." The words slithered into the guard's ear as he felt the stinging bite of a knee to the groin, his invaluables began to throb with pain as he fell to the ground, "Why?" The guard asked as he watched his attacker bend over to reclaim his weapon examining it for any damage.

With a devilish grin the Lucresian leered at the guard lifting the blade over his shoulder ready to strike, "It's pay back for the punch earlier, you asshole.", drawing all of his strength he let his blade fly slicing through the man's shoulder, sliding down across his chest continuing down to his abdomen before freeing itself through his side. Crouching down next to the corpse he retrieved his sheath from the man's waist before cleaning the blood off of his blade on the guards clothing finally sheathing it as he rose back to his feet, "Let's go Myrrh."

Fifteen to twenty minutes later the duo had finally regained their freedom, for whatever it was worth on an island they couldn't leave, finding themselves at the base of a mountain and that were were being confined in a shack oddly enough.

They stood side by side in a clearing, a few mountains to their back and a jungle stretched out in front of them, discussing their next move as Grem tried to sniff for familiar scents, but was coming up empty due to the overpowering aroma of the flora in the surrounding area. "Do we scale the mountain or head into the jungle."