Endless Horizons: Chapter One, The Isle of Caged Dreams.

*Crash*

Was all the one sound that rang out above all of the others as the Captain was flung into a coat rack near the far wall. She landed flat on her ass. Looking up, she easily determined her assailant and proceeded to lock eyes with him. Had she not been distracted by the sudden appearance of an over sized rock, she would have never fallen to such a foolish maneuver, but nevertheless here she was, and she was furious. The small girl raised herself from the ground slowly, keeping eye contact with the derelict hooligan that had committed this atrocity the entire time.

She quickened his perception of time, causing her to seem akin to a cross bow bolt as she dashed across the room at his face. She launched herself forward, putting her entire weight behind her fist as it came in contact with his skull. In that same instant she was able to increase his pain reception by thirty percent, sending him flying across the room. However, she had over estimated her own momentum in her rage, and found herself tumbling after him as well. Myrrh flew head first into a needlessly large pot hanging on one of the walls. Her weight caused it to fall to the floor.

After a few moments of struggle, she managed to get to her feet. She cursed as it had seemed that this debacle had only succeeded in making her headache worst and her patience thinner. "By Daea's scorn!" She announced, Taking a step up on one of the dining tables as she did so. "Have we all sufficiently gotten the idiocy out of our system's? Because I know by bloody rights I have!" She glanced around the room; noticing that a few had stopped fighting and had commenced with looking dumbly at the strange rock formation that had appeared in the middle of the room; most were simply continued on with their brawls, side stepping the strange behemoth; and none were listening to her.

Myrrh then retrieved the pot she had recently shared an intimate moment with and hurled it at the Iroan. My apologize She thought to herself as the object flew in the creature's direction.

Reactions: Superfly
"By Daea's scorn! Have we all sufficiently gotten the idiocy out of our system's? Because I know by bloody rights I have!"

Everything happened so quickly as Grem lay on the ground, his face throbbing from the high speed punch. He recognized the voice as the captain's, Grem couldn't believe that runt of the litter actually managed to send HIM flying like that. The man could've left well enough alone and went back to his room, but that would mean defeat and he wasn't about to let that her walk around thinking she had one over on him. Lifting himself from the floor and dusting himself off he strode over to the table the Keeton was using as a stand grabbing the edges and flipping it. Myrrh didn't suspect a thing as she was launched forward into the crowd of dumbfounded oafs as the table itself spun through the air in the direction of the odd metallic growth in the center of the room.

"Alright, Cap'n!", the Lucresian started as he issued his challenge, "Are you ready to get crunchitized!" Grem was still feeling that last punch, but now he knew what to expect from her and could plan accordingly.

Marx dust himself off after standing up from being pummeled to the floor by some monstrously large fellow, whom was still on the floor. Marx gave him a swift kick in the ribs before walking away. The captain was here now and it seemed that the commotion had in large part been stopped. He saw little reason for his presence and as such left the galley and returned to sitting along the side of the ship, staring into the deep fog. He had not felt the presence of anything such as a sea beast yet, but it could come at any time and he needed to be on the lookout for it when it arrived.

Vera was having the most fun she had had on this entire little voyage even if she was currently getting the shit beat out of her. Still, she liked to think she was doing fairly well despite having almost no experience in fighting without a weapon. She avoided a blow by nimbly dodging to the left, then giving her assailant a quick left jab right to the face, sending him tumbling backwards, though doing little actual damage aside from maybe a bruised nose. She didn't get much of a chance to celebrate her small victory. Before she could react, there was a swift, strong kick to her midsection that sent her tumbling backwards.

She wasn't sure what exactly had happened as it was all a bit of a blur. All she knew she had the breath knocked out of her, and her head felt like the morning after a downing a keg of ale at a party in some seedy tavern that she didn't even remember the name of after waking up on top of some guy she didn't even recognize. For a moment, she didn't do anything but lay there, trying to get her bearings and figure out what the hell just happened. She just got her ass kicked. Well, at least she wasn't twitchy anymore. She groaned, and looked up form where she had landed. She was laying next to some giant, iron shield thing that had propped itself up in the middle of the room. That was probably what she hit her head on. Who the fuck puts a giant shield in the middle of some fight?!

"Who put this useless hunk of junk here?!" She groaned, sitting up as she rubbed the back of her head to try and massage the pain out. "That fucking hurt you useless hunk of rock!" She shouted at the item she presumed to be an inanimate object, a bit to dazed and enraged to tell that it was in fact, an Iroan.

The Keeton stretched on the rope net and stopped her tail putting an arm behind her head and yawning softly. Her ears moved left and right but the fight downstairs seemed to have subsided a little "Maybe the captain decided to get on a one on one...?" she asked herself closing her eyes. Not too far from there 3 or 4 people were talking, introducing each other. Just before, one of them was playing and singing the most amusing lyrics, she laughed at that memory, but now (she opened an eye lazily looking at them) she just saw them talking. And some talking were they doing! 'Hi I'm Whatever You Decide and I'm on this ship to achieve my purpose... what about you?' Well she couldn't really say anything... she was the first one not to engage others. "I don't really like doing unnecessary things" she pouted a bit "Aaaah... For how much I miss my family, Duties and friends... This mist covers this water without ends" she noticed the rhyme and laughed jokingly "I didn't mean to make it but it sounds pretty good!" Mith'ral complimented herself, noticing someone new getting on the deck... It seemed she was right, the fight almost ended and she was curious, what would the new one do? Engaging in a pleasant talk with the others or doing nothing? She crossed her legs. It wasn't dishonorable trying to learn something new about someone else through observation. Indeed it was good exercise! Well at least it was more normal than talking loud to herself, that was for sure.

The Germanite Iroan was too scared to look at what happened after he had interupted the battle in such a rude way, but he just couldn't stand violence. At one point he heard a few offensive phrases 'thrown' at him and also felt slight vibrations throughout his body, as if somebody had attempted to harm him or he was hit by something. But he wasn't capable of feeling any pain and wasn't sure what exactly happened.

Ghalor opened his eye-looking holes at the upper part of his body and looked around. He got scared by a huge crashing sound that he heard quite clearly, as if it had hit his whole body. After looking around, he saw some chunks of wood around him on the floor. It looked like pieces of furniture. Maybe a wooden chair or a table, but he couldn't guess what it was and was extremely confused. After scrolling his eyes some more, he noticed that some of the fighters had stopped brawling, but others just passed around him. He also saw a pot on the ground right next to him and wondered if that object was the cause of the slight vibrations. He changed his point of view and looked towards the captain, who looked something between angry, confused and surprised at the same time. Maybe she saw the item flying at him? Or she accidentally threw it at him? Or she was scared about his health? So many possibilities he couldn't stop thinking of.

After a couple of minutes, he realised he was glaring in a scared way at a man who wanted to continue the battle with the captain and Ghalor started panicking on the inside. But he got distracted after some smaller vibrations in his back and heard some very hurtful offences at him. He turned around, still in that wonky shield form, and saw the figure of a girl that looked like a Keeton, but not exactly. He did not know what to do in such a situation as he couldn't deal well with others and so he tried shrinking his size, slightly changing the form of the shield and adding four wheels, just like earlier. Then he tried "rolling" away to his cabin.

After getting there, he tried closing the door, accidentally slamming it instead due to all the panic, and shrunk himself even more to be able to ide under the bed. Apparently that'd be his position throughout the whole trip, but let's hope he gathers the courage to find some friends over there. Some day... *dramaticly misterious moment*

The Captain shot the furious Half breed an annoyed glare. "I have a ship to run cretin, if you wish to take out your frustration, I recommend you take it elsewhere." She then turned back to the crowd, making sure to keep an eye on Grem in case he tried anything, most of the combatants had quieted down and she believed she would be able to get a word in now. The Captain happened to notice that the Iroan from earlier had disappeared aswell, she wondered briefly at where it could have gone before turning her attention to the matter at hand.

"Alright to damned imbeciles," still standing atop the table, she announced the words in a way akin to that of a practiced stage performer. Her voice boomed from her diaphragm and echoed throughout the scullery. "If you are well satisfied with yourselves, I would have you sit down and seize this nonsense! My ship is no mosh pit! (Yes, I know, Myrrh is ahead of her time) We have important matters to discuss regarding what to do from here on out! This mist is unrelenting, and I am beginning to believe it endless as well. I have two plans for those of you willing to hear me out. So gather around and listen!" With that she paused, glancing about the room as she did so and judging who it was that was actually listening to her.

Ghalor was really scared at the outcome of his actions a few moments ago and remained under the bed. But then he heard an incredibly loud voice coming from the room he had been earlier in and the last words he heard were "So gather around and listen!". It sounded like the captain and he decided to go back and listen to what she had to say. As he turned into a more movable form with rough edges, he started 'rolling' to the big hall with his wheel-like limbs, slightly shivering. After he had arrived, standing right next to the door, he saw the captain on top of a table with an irritated expression, looking around the room. He didn't want to go in the room any further, so he moved a bit back, staying in a sitting-like position next to the door and listening carefully to the words she will pronounce.

Grem huffed at the captain's response, the fact the bratty Keeton didn't indulge him was more aggravating than the two surprise attacks before, and still aggravated he brushed off the woman's announcement leaving the room knocking shoulders with various people with whom he paid no attention. Returning to his room he donned his crimson jacket and affixed his weapon to a loop on his waist before heading to the top deck, he wasn't looking forward to the smell of the ocean, while he could still faintly smell it from his cabin it was't as bad as it could be; Bracing for the imminent burning of his nasal cavities he left the lower deck to once again greet the world after a fourteen day hiatus.

The salt laden mist wasted no time as he took his first breath of 'fresh air' causing the half-breed to sneeze rather loudly, well loud enough to warrant a glance by anyone who might have been caught off guard by it. "I hate the sea.", sighing as he ignored the nearby group striding over to the handrail placing both hands firmly down to keep himself stable in case the sea decided to test his luck even further. "I bet you're laughing your ass off thinking of my misery aren't you, old man?"

Lost in thought as he peered off into the distance Grem thought back to the moment Pencrest recommended this job to him, although he didn't get very far as his concentration was broken by a shadowy movement out in the distance. Well, not in the distance per se, but just close enough that his sight could pick up on the unnatural contrast against the perpetual stillness. A sense of impending dread began to eat at him as he placed a hand on the hilt of his weapon, the Lucresian might have been looking for a fight, but it wasn't with an opponent who could incapacitate him with its odor.

The captain eyed each member of her crew individually, almost every eye was on her now. After a moment of silence she continued her speech. "First, we could turn back, admit defeat and stick our tales between our legs as we turn mast and flee from this mist. Or! and I stress that 'or'; we could grit our teeth and persevere. I have an eerie feeling that our journey is about to come to an end, and I personally would like to see this one through to the end! Now, if your with me that's fine, but if you aren't there be only two ways you'll be gettin' out of here. Either by takin' my ship through mutiny, or having a nice ol' swim back to civilization. Either way, I'll be happy to oblige your interests." With that Myrrh gritted her teeth and prepared for the inevitable. She had a feeling some of those here would be willing to risk mutiny for a chance to get out of here, but she couldn't pin down how many would take either side. Whichever way it went, she would be ready to fight.

Before anyone had a chance to put a word in however, something else took control of the situation. A large crash followed by an unholy grinding took the attention off of the captain and to the source of the noise. "The hell..?" was all she could get out before her second mate burst into the room.

"W-We've run aground Cap'n, The ship has stopped moving, We ain't goin' anywhere!" Her first mate frantically announced before yet another abrupt sound raised the tension further. A screech unlike anything she had ever heard rang out through the misty veil. It was inhuman, it was.. unnatural. A shiver crawled up the Captain's spine. She felt a presence, and it was beyond anything she had ever encountered before. Before long the smashing of claw against wood was heard, and the Captain felt the ship moving once again.

Her first mate looked at her with a confused look as she rushed from the room and launched past him, up to the deck. It was there that she saw it, a crab-like behemoth towered over her, dragging the ship and her crew into the unknown. Myrrh looked deep into the monster's beady eye's and bit her lip. She had not a clue as to how she was going to face this creature...

It roared once more, shaking the very air, and sending terror into the heart of the fragile keeton....

Marx had felt the massive beast before he had seen it. By the time that it hademerged and shown itself he had already made his way to his bow nd quiver. He watched as the crew scrambeled about to figure out what was going on. He needed to organize them. He tied his quiver to him and stuck the unstrung bow in it and ran above deck.

"Fetch harpoons!" he shouted to the scrambling crew. A few of them had seemed that this was probaby a good idea and had brought the harpoonsout of storage on his order.

Marx had no idea what this creature was, but the burning pain in his chest told him to kill it. As he rufled through the harpoons and got as many men as he could to pick them up, he looked at the beast in awe. The thing was massive, and something like this that had never been documented by Die Jaeger was a rarity. He would have to make notes on it later and hopefully get them to the spires.

The ship's sudden halt threw the Lucresian to the ground leaving him briefly dumb founded, had they finally hit land? Could the thick soupy mist truly hide an island? A thunderous roar pierced the air shortly after resulting in Grem grabbing his ears in pain, "Fffffffffuuuuu!", with one eye closed and the other twitching in annoyance the man raised his head to the source of the deafening sound to find that the ship was being deepthroated by a giant crustacean. In between the ringing in his ears he could hear Marx yelling for harpoons, yeah like that was going to do something to a monster with an undoubtedly impenetrable carapace, but it was better than just letting the ship get destroyed without a fight, right?

Pushing his body to an upright position he placed a trembling hand on the hilt of his sword managing to pull it out three quarters of the way before he began to stumble and sway, the creature he had set his gaze upon had suddenly split into three... that couldn't be right, could it? As he continued to unsheathe his weapon the grazing of the metal caused a pain deep inside his ear canal forcing him back down to his knees as the iron sword slid back into its housing continuing to rape its master's ear holes. The pain escalated causing Grem to grasp at his ear feeling something wet and sticky gushing from it; Blood, he already knew without the need to examine it.

As the crew scrambled with their harpoons loosing them upon the massive beast the sound of failure reverberated back towards them in the form of several 'clinks' in rapid succession which only served to worsen the warrior's condition as it forced him to regurgitate what little food he had consumed during the voyage onto the deck. As the vomiting persisted it eventually turned to dry heaving, the pain in his gut coupled with the pain in his ears had rendered him completely useless and to add insult to injury the giant crab-thing exhaled onto the vessel releasing a noxious cloud of halitosis that served as the final blow knocking the half-breed unconscious.

Seraia heard the ship run aground, the jarring only serving to prove her thoughts right. She stopped trying to force the man opposite her to shake her creepy hand appendage as she turned around to look out at the sea, but still only really seeing the mist. Oh dear, she thought to herself not paying any mind to halforth, her mind on the long awaited adventure finally bestowed upon them. However unbeknownst to her, she would soon despise that she had ever left that port with Halforth on the ship that would lead them through the mystery mists.

She heard before saw something rising out of the water and rolled all eyes to search for the sound. When she finally found the creature she would have breathed in deeply, awed at the site. She watched the events around her with an anxious desire to join in, but also to stand back and simply watch the beautiful events unfolding in front of her. The cry for harpoons went up, and she cried internally, knowing that such a beautiful creature should not be destroyed. She needn't have worried, for the harpoons did little more than simply scratch the creatures armor.

For the most part, she ignored what was going on around her on the ship. That was until a cracking shuddered through the ship sending her flailing from her perch on Halforth and hitting the deck with a thud, her legs waving almost woozily in the air. She shimmered, softened and shifted her features so that she was upright again. She looked down at the floor, her head tilted as she wondered why she was steadily rising. Slowly she started slipping across the smooth deck, her legs skittering wildly, clickity clack, clickity clack, clickity clack. She looked around wildly, trying to find Halforth wells her panic rising steadily. Ok, she thought to herself. I really f*cking hate that thing right about now. Just breath. Just breath god damnit... oh wait.. you're such a dick... Oh look... body.. With that she hooked a leg into a piece of Grems clothing as she slid past. She scrabbled up his body and settled herself on his chest, ignoring the various body fluids. After all, she'd caused and been covered in worse. She hooked all eight of her legs into his clothing, ensuring that she was properly settled on his chest.

This to her amounted to the fact that she would not end up covered in salt water at their eventual fall over board, and she also assumed the Halforth would swoop in and help her out. Neither was to be the case, so when she ended up dunked in salt water her mind began to run wild. However she did do something smart and spread out her weight over the body, knowing full well her weight could very well drown the man. She eventually passed out, her metallic body feeling itchy and her mental state depleted from all the excitement and discouragement she'd felt in the past several days of their trip. She missed the comforting prescence of Halforth, watching as he wrote in their various adventures. She liked that. Being able to read over his shoulder, or just fall asleep at his side listening to his musings.

She dreamed of a Bard singing softly in the distance. Something about someone sucking his cock.

Mith'ral's ears twitched just moments before the collision. She opened her eyes and got on her legs while watching shocked the giant crab, her tail's hairs standing on end. "If it weren't a danger situation I'd almost say: yeeeey we'll have crab for dinner..." she said loosing her smile. She was trained to get the enemy strength and unfortunately, that crab potential far exeeded her own or the Captain's.

She heard someone calling for harpoons "What good would they do? It's as clear as clean water that they won't do any good..." she tightened her grip on the rope and looked around her: most of the crew was too scared to fight, the captain seemed on the verge of passing out while some others (the Lucresian for example) already had. My blades won't help... what to do? She started playing with her pendant, thinking of something to escape a dishonorable death Even if escaping death altogether wouldn't be that bad.

Mith'ral let her tail swing frantically left and right, her ears ready for every sound. 'Clink-clink-clink' was the sound of a rain of fails: not a single harpoon had scratched the crab. "CAPTAIN! WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING OR WE'LL JUST SI--" she was about to end when the monster gave out a sharp scream. Just the type that hurt most. Just when her ear sensibility was at its peak. Thank you destiny! she thought dropping from the rope net on the deck. The keeton was covering her ears as well as she could, clenching her teeth from the pain and trying to get up; that made it impossible for her to notice the huge trunk keeping the mainveil breaking due to another collision and hitting her head. Mith'ral passed out keeping her pendant in a hand; everything was fading to black Shit... is this how I'll die? Just because a stupid trunk hit me? I refuse to-- and everything faded to black.

Luckily enough, the 'stupid trunk' was still attached to the mainveil and that alone kept it from falling on the proud keeton girl: it just swung, hit her and made its way on the other side of the ship before the veil ripped, letting it hit the deck.

The man slowly got to his feet, cries of pain and desperation filled the air, but one sound remained clearer than a sun kissed day among all the others. A roar, piercing and all encompassing, it tore at his eardrums as it reverberated around him. A beast of colossal size and might had bore it's way into the once mighty Marrie. This frigate had seemed monstrous when he had boarded it not two weeks prior, but even it was dwarfed by this mighty behemoth. It's pincer's dug deep into the ship's underbelly, dragging it and it's crew helplessly along an unknown path. Raijion could only assume it was taking them to it's lair, but then again that was only an assumption.

For a few moments time seemed to move slower for him. All of the cries from earlier had been replaced by an unholy ringing within his eardrum. He looked around as he took in the madness of it all. A lone keeton fell from the main mast, just barely escaping death as the main beam landed beside her and rolled away. Other's were not so fortunate. A wayward beam impaled a man not five feet from where Rai was standing, just as yet another man was thrown from the deck by the momentum of the Beast's forceful pulling.

Tragedy surrounded him as time began to return to it's normal pace. Immediately he scanned the ship, looking for a way to fell this beast. While the main mast had fallen, the two secondary beams still stood, and that gave him an idea. With the agility of a cat he darted across the deck, weaving in and out of debris and fellow crew members' as they flew at him. He scaled the stairs that led to the captains' quarter's, finding a lone harpoon, he retrieved it and continued on his way. He reached the Stern, and came face to face with the Creature, fear struck him for the first time in many years and for a moment he contemplated running. he quickly disregarded that notion, he had nowhere to go, it was either fight or die. He turned and took a running leap at the outer wall of the captains' quarters', scaling it and ascending to it's roof.

A sudden lurch almost sent him flying, but a quick reaction had him holding onto a decorative piece of the roofing. In front of him was the Secondary mast, a wayward rope flung toward him and he lept to meet it. He thanked Daea for his Die Jaeger blood as his strength allowed him to hold his weight with only a single hand. Still holding onto the harpoon with his other he swung forward, his momentum lifted him to the Secondary masts' crows' nest.

He landed with a thud and cursed as he heard a creaking in the beam that supported him. The creature slowed it's pace abruptly, causing the beam to snap and fall forward. He smiled at his luck as the beam fell in the creature's direction. The mast parted and he saw them. Black, soulless eyes looked directly at him. Whether the beast saw him as a threat or not was irrelevant at this point, he had found his mark. Rai cranked back and let the harpoon fly, straight into the creature's right eye.

A roar unlike any other erupted from the beast as it immediately stopped moving, sending Rai flying forward and into the mists. He closed his eyes as he soared through the air, feeling, for what he believed to be the first time ever, truly free. He knew that the collision with the water would kill him, but he was not worried. In the end he believed that he had finally manged to prove his worth.

My life for the lives of my allies, a sacrifice truly befitting a strategist of my skill.

He smiled peacefully in the last moments of his descent, not even batting an eye as his body collided with the water.

Darkness took over as his life was ripped away....

• Love
Reactions: Wolfsin
This entire time, the young human girl had watched the scenes that played out before her in silent awe. She'd only seen fights between humans so to see other races fight before her, it was exciting. She knew better than to join since it was obviously not necessary so she stood off to the side. The past two weeks, she had thought of just about every possibility of what could happen on this ship and this fight was one of them. From the show of the crew members to the intensity of the captain, she knew she had made the right choice in coming.

Sure the food wasn't five stars but it was food. Sure she rarely had a break when on deck but that was no different from when she was living with her grandmother. And, yeah, there was a chance that she would never get to visit her parent's graves again, much less land, she didn't let go of hope. She helped whenever she could on deck, every now and then slipping something into the food to make it a little better, even if the cook nearly chopped her head off each time, and even helped some with their sea sickness. Sure she had yet to make a definite friend but she was set out on making them still.

So even in the face of death, Alexandra stood her ground, helping with some of the chaos as the ship was pulled and lurched, and escaped fatal injuries by sheer luck s she moved about the ship. Unfortunately, even her luck could run out eventually. As the final roar was let out, she felt her ears bleed, stunning her just before the ship came to a sudden stop, causing her to go flying out over the railing of the ship and the water from her light weight.

Father, mother... see that I make it out alive so that I can tell you the stories for when I come back ho-. Her thoughts were interrupted as her body met the unforgiving sea waters. The force was great enough for her to lose consciousness immediately, slipping inside herself as she drifted back upward. She had landed on a large enough piece of the ship that had broken off to carry her, although it now splintered badly into her back. Luckily it wouldn't do any permanent damage but she would be lucky enough to drift to a shore without something sniffing out her blood first.

Chapter 1: Arrival

The sound of heavy footsteps woke the woman from her slumber. Before her eyes had even opened she was assaulted by a relentless headache and a need to itch her lower left thigh. Upon reaching to do so, she realized her hands had been bound and that she had been strapped to some sort of pole. Her left eye shot open and she was immediately made aware of the dire nature of her current situation.

The woman was being carried through what seemed to be a dense rainforest. Her captor's surrounded her, two in the front, four in the middle carrying both herself and one other, and one in the back, looking about suspiciously for any movement in the distance. The strangest thing about this realization was that she did not know how she had come to it. She could not see the people she sensed, she just knew they were there..

Almost like...

Her thoughts stopped mid journey as she came face to face with the other captive due to her captor's shifting her weight slightly. His face was so eerily.. Familiar..

For some reason she felt a strong distaste towards this man.. ish creature, but she could not gather why. She continued to stare at him whilst she attempted to determine how she had come to be in this strange situation.

***​
A lone eagle flew overhead as her eyes fluttered open. For a moment she had no idea where she was, or why she felt sand beneath her back. At the realization of what had happened to her she shot up without thinking. She immediately regretted this action, as it triggered a piercing shot of pain in her left temple. She massage it gently as she got to her feet to inspect her surroundings. She was standing on a beach of pure white sand, strangely, the fog from earlier was absent on this landmass. However when she looked out to the sea, she was greeted with an impenetrable fog bank not fifty yards off shore. "Unnatural" she noted before turning around to inspect the rest of the area.

Twenty steps from her was the entrance of a thick wood, of the jungle variety. She thought carefully on what her next plan of action should be. Laying near her were the unconscious forms of the crew members she had managed to save. The first mate to Myrrh Ghyrratino was at a loss. She had no idea where her commanding officer was, and finding her would most likely prove to be nigh impossible. She would have retraced her steps to the wreckage of the ship, but it was nowhere in sight, and leaving these two would be downright irresponsible. She sighed as she took a seat on a nearby rock and awaited for them too awaken.

Allen stumbled forward, he was on his last limb. Behind him were the three he had managed to rescue. He was unaware of both their states of mind, or their closeness to death. The fog had luckily dispersed in this area and a few yards from him seemed to be some sort of pathway that would allow him to scale this impossibly high cliff. Even without the fog he was unable to see the top off it. As he reached the Path he had a choice to make, the path itself seemed dangerous enough and given his state of mind, traversing it would be foolhardy at best.

He cursed as he found himself unable to decide. He turned to his allies, intent on getting their opinion on the matter. Should they put their bets on the path, or continue along the cliffside in hope of another, safer way up. Both options were less than satisfactory, and he dreaded presenting his allies with them. I never did like making decisions.. He thought to himself begrudgingly before turning to his companions.

Last edited:
An uneasiness washed over Grem's body as he sleepily opened his eyes to find he was being stared at, first there were three formless faces but slowly they joined together forming a single blurring entity. Tilting his head while mumbling "What the hell?" the face slowly sharpened until he felt a sickness in the pit of his stomach, "Ugh, what are you staring at runt?". Reaching to scratch his head it dawned on him that his hands and feet were bound, shortly after he realized he was hanging upside down, the man assumed he was experiencing some form of discombobulation due to the giant entree that attacked the ship... while he was thinking of it, why didn't it kill them or at least the two of them in general? "Wait a min-", a dopey expression formed on his face as his eyes lazily listed to the right before he burst out with the first thing to come to mind, "Have we been captured!?!" before groaning and continuing, "And what luck! I have the privilege of sharing a cozy cell with this wannabe pirate!"

Having had his moment he let out sigh before observing his surroundings, he was confused by the fact he could hear footsteps and feel the sway of the pole as he hovered above the ground yet there was no one there? That wasn't right, but he couldn't see or smell anyone, however, he still felt that there were people around the two of them.

"I wonder?", beginning to swing his body he didn't know what to expect or even what he was expecting if anything aside from a curiosity of what repercussion would ensue for his actions. A few minor swings and he could feel the pole slowly roll before coming to a halt where it ceased to move afterward. Next, he tightened his arms and legs yanking his body towards them as if to jump in a sense, this caused his half of the pole to straighten out and thus bend as he began to ascend and descend respectively. Looking for any indication that it did anything at all he was met with an invisible force make first contact with his left jaw.

"What the fuck!", he was technically asking for it, but it didn't piss him off any less, "You think you're a badass, huh? Let me down, show yourself and we'll see whose big and bad when you're trying to crawl away with my foot up your ass!" The half-breed threatened the air only to be met with silence, then turned back to face the Keeton, "What?"

Alexandra lay on the beach's shore the wood she lay upon soaked and weathered away quite a lot. It soon became light enough for the gently push of the waves nearest to the shore to push her farther up and away from the risk of being pulled back out. Finally awaking, she did so slowly, first feeling the sea foam against her now bare feet...Where are my shoes? She thought as she felt the rays of sun against her face. And why does it smell like seaweed has been shoved up my noes? Her senses were coming back, she herself deciding to assess herself this way instead of rushing.

She soon opened her eyes only to squint them. That's when the memories came flooding back. The large creature, the ship lurching, the ship... That's right. She had been thrown off the ship from a strong lurch from the creature after its roar of pain, at least it sounded like pain. Where was the ship now-better yet, where was she?

Sitting up slowly, Alexandra took in her surroundings. A beach. So she had made it to land, that was a good sign. She then assessed her body. Any injuries? Yep! Tch! was the sound she made from the pain she felt when she rolled her shoulders. Her shoulder blades to the middle of her back were splintered here and there and bruised badly. With a sigh, she gave a smile and slouched forward, pulling her knees up to set her elbows to rest and run her slim fingers through her semi wet and sand littered hair, pulling it away from her face. Something then caught her eye. Movement. It seemed another crew member had made it to land with her. They weren't too far off but it was easy to tell that they had both come by different waves.

Standing up slowly, she decided it would be best to take in all of her surroundings before setting off anywhere. Next would be to check on her fellow crew member, although she wasn't sure if they had met or come across on good terms. Looking around one finally time, she could see drift wood. Must be from the ship-and there it is! She could see the wreckage from where she stood. It was a bit off but not out of sight, obviously. Next she noticed reasonably sized stones. Campfire. She said softly. It's been a while since I built one... Now's a good time to remember. Now for food... And there it was, the coconuts. Not much for food but it will do. If that's not enough, there's always fish... Looking back to the water she was having second thoughts. I'll cross that bridge when I get there... She muttered as she trudged up the sandy shore and toward the other crew member.

Seraia came to consciousness slowly, realizing as she did so that she was no longer attached to the males body that she had grabbed a hold of as they fell from the ship and wondered how in hell she had managed to end up on the beach. She dismissed the thought as quickly as it had come, simply grateful that she wasn't stuck at the bottom of the salty ocean, but not so grateful that she was stiffer than an old codger hyped up on drugs. She slowly shifted, the pain grating through her entire body as she tried rubbing herself against the sand, hoping to rub most of the salt from her body. She winced when she moved to quickly, and winced when she couldn't move quickly enough. She grumbled to herself the entire time, That goddamned f***king crab had to come along and destroy the ship. I wish that those harpoons had worked now! She didn't realize that there were other crew mates getting up and around, and so continued talking to herself aloud, not realizing she was projecting on them.

That's the last time I ever board a ship looking for adventure! I am getting too damned old to be submerged in salt water like that! She continued on as she was eventually able to mold herself into a long stick like being that had tiny legs on it. She used the legs to turn herself in the sand, creating grooves as she spun so that the sand might grate against as much of her body as possible. Once she had finished, she morphed once more, this time back into her spider form and she rolled onto her back, wriggling in the sand like a happy puppy, legs waving in the air.

Ah that's the stuff, she muttered, sighing as the relief over came her itches. She stretched and found her legs, finally looking out at the sea. Well... looks like I won't be going back the way I came... Her line of sight followed the ships flotsam to the beach and eventually over to the first mate who appeared to be up and about. Then her thoughts strayed to Halforth and she sighed wistfully, not a clue as to where he was, but wherever it was, it was not on this part of the beach as far as she could see. At that her eyes strayed to the forest line and wondered what was beyond that. Without a wielder she was just a useless hunk of metal, although she could still explore and learn about the place. Instead she turned towards the woman who appeared to be waiting for something and sidled closer.

So, bit of a mess we got ourselves into, huh? Do we have any idea where everyone else may have ended up?