Elston Academy

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"I'll have a slice of pizza please," Miyako asked politely. Miyako looked at her food feeling very hungry all of a sudden. "This looks so good!" Miyako exclaimed. After realizing her outburst, she lowered her head and put a hand over her mouth. "I'm sorry I was so loud."

"It's fine, your hungry and I'll be honest it does look good I should've got a slice of pizza as well." he said smiling and took a bite out of his hamburger, "Hmmmm...good." he said as he chewed and covered his mouth.

"Where do you want to sit?" Miyako asked softly. While the room was full of other students, Miyako didn't know any of them, and it looked like almost every table had at least one person occupying it.

"Well I don't know. Hmm...where do you want to sit? In here or outside?" he said as he was walking around with Miyako, he smiled up at her and thought to himself 'She doesn't want to be around here especially with you Sukashi. She doesn't know you so stop making it feel awkward.' he tried to hide the concern look on his face. And then smiled and asked her "So you want to eat in here or outside?"

"um... maybe there is some open tables outside. If not we can...um always just pick a.... spot and sit in the grass." Miyako blushed and looked away. 'That sounded like I was suggesting something romantic! What do I say now? Oh no... he's going to think I'm just trying to be his girlfriend now...' Miyako decided to try and look for an open table. Very often when she thinks to herself she makes strange faces. Miyako didn't want to look like an idiot for the second time in one day.

He chuckled and looked at her and smiled "Sure I don't mind." he said, he noticed she was blushing and making strange faces and he knew exactly what that was becuase a couple of his friends back home did the same thing, "Don't worry I'm not thinking that you want to be my girlfriend because you said that, I promise." he said as he smiled and took her hand, "Come on, let's eat outside. It's a beautiful day today." he said and released her hand.

Miyako sighed in relief. 'Maybe I should stop thinking I'm leading people on. This guy hasn't made any moves on me and he has even said that he's not interested in dating.' Miyako smiled and followed Sukashi outside.

He smiled and walked with her, he looked back at her and asked "Why are you so nervous and blush all the time?" he looked at her and continued "Do you think that I'm like all the other guys? And don't worry I'm just asking I'm not getting mad or anything, I'm just curious." he said as he smiled.

"Oh um...I've never... had friends before." Miyako looked down ashamed.

He looked at her and chuckled "Hey that's nothing to be ashamed of." he said as he leaned and lifted up her face with his finger, "You have a friend now." he said and smiled at her hoping to cheer her up.

Miyako smiled as her mood lifted, "Thank you," She said while taking the last bites of her pizza. "So tell me about yourself?" Miyako asked trying to start a conversation.

"Well hmmmm....well what do you want to know about me?" he said as he smiled and ate the last bite of his burger and sipped on his drink.

"Oh I don't know. Tell me things like what you like and dislike?" Miyako noticed that she was getting more comfortable around her new friend. She was hoping that she would find something for them to build a connection on.

"Well..hmm...I like alot, for example..I like to write and sing sometimes, I love to travel, play games, playing sports the include football and soccer, I like to snowboard, surff, skateboard, BMX, I like to do alot of things, and I don't have alot of dislikes, only just don't break my trust and treat me with respect." he said as he looked at the grass and then at her and smiled, Miyako was a really cool girl, she was nice to talk to her, Sukashi was hoping that she was getting comfortable around him, and was wondering if the could grow some kind of connection toward each other.

"You have a lot of hobbies. I've never really explored anything." Without anyone noticing, a boy snuck up behind Miyako and spilt an entire glass of juice over her head. "AH!" Miyako screamed as she felt the cold liquid spill over her head. The boy laughed and ran back to his group of friends who were also laughing. A small breeze blew past causing Miyako to shiver. Her eyes filled with tears which she tried to hide. Miyako picked up a napkin and started to wipe off the juice.

(I figured we should do SOMETHING besides talk, so I took one for the team, lol)

"HEYY!!" Sukashi yelled and got up and charged at the boy, "You son of a....why would you do that!" he said as he stormed to the boy and grabbed him by his shirt and pushed him up against a tree and yelled "You do something like that to anyone, ESPECIALLY to Miyako, I swear to GOD that I'll make you wish you where never born!" Sukashi threw the boy at his friends knocking them down to the floor and picked up the boy by his hair and dragged him to Miyako, "Say your sorry and that you will never do that again!" he said to the boy, "SAY IT NOW!!" he yelled and the boy did, "Now get you ass back to you punk buddies and fish along!" he said as he threw the boy back and walked to Miyako, and he took of his shirt which he had a muscle shirt on and an extra one in his bag and kneeled toward Miyako and grabbed her hand and started to wipe her face off. "You ok?" he said as he gently ran his shirt on her face. "He won't do it again, I promise." he said as he was holding her hand into his.

(Sup! I hope you don't mind me and Quentin popping in! This indeed is my first post and yadda yaddaI hope this is the way things roll here, just popping in and stuff. English ain't my native language either so forgive me and please shout at me if i'm pooping around! Just to give you some direction, Quentin is a tall-ish kid in his late teens, dark hair reaching to his shoulders with a narrow, bony face, dark eyes and dull, grey, uneven and uncool clothing. Okay. *bows and recedes to the backstage* )

'Oh wow', the dispassionate thought passed Quentin's mind when he heard the furious screaming of an unknown male ahead as he was making his way from the cafeteria to have his lunch outdoors. Sun provided vitamin D, you see - it was good to be outside on a day like this. Even though the boy only used health as an excuse to make himself feel good about his habits - what he truly enjoyed about outdoors was the strange emotional connection he had with the Sun. The homestar had a special meaning for the astronomy major to the extent that basking in its light was near to a religious experience to Quentin. From the corner of his eye the tall boy saw other students turn their head in shock at the scene, but Quentin's eyes were locked at the small splotch of filth splattered from some other dish onto his daily bottle of Coca Cola. He kept his gaze on it even as he turned to search for a spot to eat in, not in fear of having to meet anyone else's eyes, but out of a comfortable numbness; a stillness of mind; a perfect lack of any kind of curiosity for his surroundings. People were shifting away from the emerging scene of violence, some uttering in dismay, some whistling provocatively, some sounding frightened. Quenting only thought, staring at his tray, that he sure ate way too much sugar for a person of his IQ - a thought that emerged every time he ate, a thought once consisting of guilt, shame and doubt of one's own intelligence, now with no impact, repeating. Coca Cola and a bar of chocolate and a corner of a toast topped with apricot marmalade, that's what he always had.
Quentin passed the frantic boy and cared to lift his eyes to check who was it that got beaten up. He should have recognized the voice - Dominic, the cultural history major. He barely knew the kid, they had shared one course together, and, in fact, Quentin had never taken much notice of him. Well, perhaps he had deserved what he just got - if not, Quentin didn't care. He decided to play a game - a game he would have been terrified of a few years back, just as any social situtation. A game that he nowadays practiced a lot. A game that was sure to arouse irritation and disrespect in many a friend of his, but any connections he had had had just dwindled away. No one to impress, no one to keep a status for. The game was a game of roles. Quentin would craft himself a persona or take a point of view other than his own, and go with it, talk to strangers, show it off and let it evolve. A new Quentin was born at every interaction. It had formed a habit for him, and to it he owned his today's ability to talk to strangers with no fear. And majoring in such an irrational and unscientific cargo cult science as cultural science was as good a reason as any for Quentin to be able to mock a person.
"Well wow" , Quentin said to the male with no distinct emotion in his tone of voice as he slowed his pace, "Good going, the kid's an ass."
Quentin had though of only passing the couple with this witty remark, but he now stopped at them and looked ahead in terrified stupor. The sunny weather had driven the students out to lunch, he didn't see a free place to have his lunch at. Well, there was this one tree that could be climbed on - and that he had done several times before - but not with a tray. Did social code now dictate he now had to stay and chat? Converse? A debate would lift his moods - but with a temperamental, territorial, aggressive brute and a wimp of a girl who couldn't protect herself? Quentin froze and looked as impassive as ever.

"T-thank y-you" Miyako said stifling back tears. She began using the rest of her cloths to try to wipe off her face. Once she had wipe off all she could, Miyako took notice of the boy who had come up to them. Miyako didn't want anyone to see her cry and was hopeful that she could back to her room, take a shower and change. The drink was starting to stick to her skin and it made her feel uncomfortable. "Um... I-I don't mean to be r-rude... but I... um... need to... g-go," Miyako said between huffed breaths. Without another word she got up and ran back to her room completely forgetting about her tray and her bag.

The girl dashed off the scene sooner than Quentin could think of the word "Quidditch" and vanished into the school's corridors. "Going already?" he hollered after her on a whim of an impulse, leaning lazily to see the girl's receding back. Then he added: "We could go give him back, the three of us!" Truly Quentin wasn't too keen on the idea of starting a group fight, his physiology probably wouldn't last more than a blow, but of course, he knew, neither of the stranger kids would take him seriously. Much like Quentin himself. He returned his eyes back to the courtyard washed over by the blinding afternoon sun, only to notice what the girl had left behind: a backpack, a tray. Quentin's eyes quickly flinched away from them. He glanced hastily at the boy, then calming his expression which he towarded firmly at the ground. If the male darted back at his chaperon, Quentin might get a chance to peek inside. Not out of greed, nor even of disdain towards the easily frightened female - it was just the kind of creepy, yet innocent curiosity not to be stirred in a perverse mind, but in a lonely one as his.

'Wait...' Before he could say anything she was gone, he saw her bag on the ground 'Miyako! Your bag! Miy-Damn it, she's gone.' He said as he picked up the bag and tried running after her but lost her. 'Miyako...' Sukashi looked if anyone new who she was and what room she lived in but no one new 'Does anyone know her?' He sai to himself.