Elite Magical Girl Academy!

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just go with the basic oreos. The other varieties aren't bad, but they don't quite have the same appeal (which for me is "I can shove a handful of them into my mouth like Cookie Monster's fallen off the wagon"). The fruit-based ones are generally awful, from my experience, too. Fun fact: if given the choice between cocaine and oreos, rats will eat oreos.

Anyway, on other things, I'm in the middle of backing up my computer files because the HD's been making some noise, so I'll try to get a post in while I wait on that. And it shouldn't put me out of comission anyway, all I need to do is put in a new HD and get things working again.

I assume stuff like flying around is acceptable use of magic, right?
Utilities and Base Magical Girl Abilities is fine.

Also, been wanting to ask you guys' opinions on identities. So, I was thinking obviously if someone sees you transform they know who you are, but outside of that you are unrecognizable for whatever reason. Also, thought that maybe have it be physically impossible to have magical girls discuss another magical girl's magical girl identity with someone who doesn't know in attendance? What do you guys think?

Do you mean as in mentally unable to recognize a magical girl as her non-magical self unless viewing the change fron non-magical to magical or vice versa?

Or do you mean the second: They're physically unrecognizable from their non-magical self?

The second is a huge self-contradiction in some cases you know.

Do you mean as in mentally unable to recognize a magical girl as her non-magical self unless viewing the change fron non-magical to magical or vice versa?

Or do you mean the second: They're physically unrecognizable from their non-magical self?

The second is a huge self-contradiction in some cases you know.
For the second, that's not what I mean. I mean they are physically incapable of discussing another magical girl's identity with someone who doesn't know in attendance. I was thinking it could be like, old magic or something. Haven't quite figured out an explanation for this phenomena. Also, for the first one, yes as well. Obviously some of the students would know who is who, but out in public or if you've never seen said girl transform, then you wouldn't know.

Personally, I'm the type to lean more toward the magical girls don't need to keep an identity secret (unless they want to). So Airi is likely to go by and introduce herself by her real name. Whether others want to go that route or not, it's fine. But I'll probably not put much effort into maintaining an independent identity, beyond not being seen by mundane friends.

That said, various methods of hidden mundane identity or veiling are fairly common in the genre. I know Sailor Moon and friends are, despite all appearances to the contrary, not recognizable to onlookers when transformed. Personally, I'd say that a weird gag order on everyone when someone not in the know is around could just be too much trouble for us to keep track of so we don't break it, and it might be better, if you want some magically-enforced arcane identities, either a) people who aren't in the know wouldn't remember the conversation or b) if two girls discuss someone's identity and someone who doesn't know is present, they hear something else entirely.

I like to point out a good portion of the pc dont have masks. Anyone can figure them out if they know at least their daily self

Appearance:
cf563da85494fd8c8d47fe51e699bf3b7fab5d3c.jpg

Name:
Nataliya 'Katyusha' Potenelen

Year: Second

Alias: Katyusha

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 129

Element:
Plasma
Explosive

Personality:

Nataliya is an individual that leaves little to be considered. A very cut point and dry individual with little to no emotion shown no matter the circumstances. The only thing that seems to frazzle the stoic girl is her inability to multiply which she normally gets around by using division or a calculator. Otherwise she is a very direct individual who isn't afraid to let people know how she is feeling either with a fist or with words. With her being direct it had led to several fights giving her the personality of a 'Fighter'. She is easily considered to be 'Explosive' or random in some acts due the sway her magical elements have over her.

Bio:
Nataliya is born to a family of Ex-Soviet officers. Both her mother and father and grandfather's on both sides had served in the Red Army since the beginning of the revolution. Being born when both parents were in their Mid-Thirty's it left her with very little in common. That being the way it was the only thing the family could agree on was making the best out of the time they had. It could be training or sparring with each other and it was enough like those activities that brought them away from slaughtering each other.

By the time Nataliya was twelve she was already taught by her parents the importance of being strong in a world where only the strong and the intelligent get anywhere. This mentality led her to being inducted into the top Russian Magic Girl school upon the finding of her elemental aptitude. The difference between the Elite academy and Shok akademiya that she attended was the emphasis on combat. Although strengthening her physically it left her rather dull in the academic area. Upon her successful completion of Shok akademiya she was placed into the 'Elite' academy to pick up her academic area before returning home to Russia.

Extracurricular Activities:
Dance

Art Club
Literature Club

Magical Girl Abilities:

Minor:
Surge!- Tier One of Three: Plasma begins to pour from her hands causing an area around her to become dangerously deadly.
Under Pressure: Immune to Shock waves and Pressure Waves allowing her to be close to her explosions.
Vulcan: Immune to Fire and Burning effects
Alpha!-Tier One of Three: She begins to channel magic within her body.

Medium: (2-4)

Plasma Wave:- Tier Two of Three: Controls the plasma causing a massive wall (Wave or whatever you want to call it) to form before shooting out in all directions.
Aim!-Tier Two of Three: Lowers a hand towards a targeted enemy to assure a inevitable hit. (Can Track.)
Does it burn?-One of Two passive striking abilities: Upon physical contact can cause plasma to leak out and burn or kill an individual (If she is punching some one.)
Roll With the Punches- Two of Two passive Striking Abilities: Upon Physical Contact she can cause small explosions to erupt from her body to knock individuals back. (Not as strong as Does it Burn.)

Major: (2)
Helios-Tier Three of Three: The plasma pooled around her or coming out of her hands begins to encase her body before flowing up her body towards her head. The conglomerated ball will float up before hovering... waiting to be shot towards its target.

Omega- Tier Three of Three: Upon completion of the previous two stages without interruption a devastation explosive shell of Metal and Plasma forms and connects with the target. The blast radius is Sixty Feet with Plasma reaching as far as 100 feet coating and melting objects.
Costume:
soviet_conscript___red_blood_on_white_snow__by_artconscript-d5tbgxt.png

Theme Song:

Last edited:
I like to point out a good portion of the pc dont have masks. Anyone can figure them out if they know at least their daily self
I think the idea is masks wouldn't be necessary. Magical girls have some sort of "arcane veiling" going on where even if they look the same but with different clothes, their own siblings wouldn't recognize them unless they saw them transform or were otherwise told by the magical girl.

Dat costume design. How to go from Militaristic to Japanese Shrine Maiden. XD

All things considered, what about voices? Or does that go along with how some magical girls have their entire body changed by their transformations?

Reactions: envogue
Personally, I'm the type to lean more toward the magical girls don't need to keep an identity secret (unless they want to). So Airi is likely to go by and introduce herself by her real name. Whether others want to go that route or not, it's fine. But I'll probably not put much effort into maintaining an independent identity, beyond not being seen by mundane friends.

That said, various methods of hidden mundane identity or veiling are fairly common in the genre. I know Sailor Moon and friends are, despite all appearances to the contrary, not recognizable to onlookers when transformed. Personally, I'd say that a weird gag order on everyone when someone not in the know is around could just be too much trouble for us to keep track of so we don't break it, and it might be better, if you want some magically-enforced arcane identities, either a) people who aren't in the know wouldn't remember the conversation or b) if two girls discuss someone's identity and someone who doesn't know is present, they hear something else entirely.
I like option b the best. But I do think of it in terms of the public as well.

@ERode I think that can be optional the changes your magical girl undergoes. I was thinking of having Momoko grow taller during her transformation. >_>

@Angelic Fusion I'm disappointed in the Miko costume. :< You have a sexy red army chick and then she wears a conservative shrine maiden outfit to fight crime in.

@R-9 Pilot Can I go ahead an assume Mako and Airi made it to the gym late?

Yeah, I changed the costume as I just kinda had it as a placeholder until I found a more fitting one.

So anyone who hasn't seen the change is mentally unable to connect mundane and magical?

That one is actually fully believable. The human mind can easily block out huge chunks of knowledge. It's called "being in denial"

I like option b the best. But I do think of it in terms of the public as well.

@ERode I think that can be optional the changes your magical girl undergoes. I was thinking of having Momoko grow taller during her transformation. >_>

@Angelic Fusion I'm disappointed in the Miko costume. :< You have a sexy red army chick and then she wears a conservative shrine maiden outfit to fight crime in.
Oh, It was a placeholder as I couldn't find anything else untill now... Check it out now.

@R-9 Pilot Can I go ahead an assume Mako and Airi made it to the gym late?
Ditto on that "yes." That's waht my own post would assume. At best, maybe sneaking in the back, but now, probably better to just be blatantly late.

Alright. I think Music Club is full, @Angelic Fusion. You'll have to pick a different one.

@dragonesper Yes. Exactly.

@Karo I didn't write it in my post, but everyone was in the gym, since you said you didn't mind me controlling your chars a bit. You can be late if you want though.

I just go with the basic oreos. The other varieties aren't bad, but they don't quite have the same appeal (which for me is "I can shove a handful of them into my mouth like Cookie Monster's fallen off the wagon"). The fruit-based ones are generally awful, from my experience, too. Fun fact: if given the choice between cocaine and oreos, rats will eat oreos.

Anyway, on other things, I'm in the middle of backing up my computer files because the HD's been making some noise, so I'll try to get a post in while I wait on that. And it shouldn't put me out of comission anyway, all I need to do is put in a new HD and get things working again.

I assume stuff like flying around is acceptable use of magic, right?
Late but, people have said Oreos are like crack xD, I mean I love oreos at least they're legal to do...for now xD.

Natilya is going to shoot a bitch! xD.

Question: How would Does it Burn interact with magical girls? Plasma is a pretty hot thing, and it sounds like it'd straight-up melt every melee-based monster/magical girl. Which would be awkward, because that's what a bunch of magical girls in the RP are.

Status
Not open for further replies.