Egoist City RP Episode 1 In-Character Thread

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Connor was perhaps the quickest to react. While he to was fooled by the others and thought the three new people were TMPD officers, he actually tried to stop the female as she was yanked away. Summoning out his knight by her, the knight grabbed at the suspect, but the gauntleted hands couldn't get a grip, and so she literally slipped through their fingers. But the knight had been ordered to capture her, and took off after the suspect. It was a futile chase, but orders were orders.

As the knight ran off into the distance, Connor was looking over Robin's shoulder and reading the card as well. "All laws are right and necessary, I agree." he said, commenting on what Gage had said. "But not everyone agrees with the laws. Those people are criminals."

"There's no need for an escape. We just ride into the city on this bus and don't cause a scene. Also, one last thing: Betray us and we won't hesitate to blacklist you and 'erase' you, got it?" The person spoke in an intimidating manner.

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?" A familiar voice (to Robin) blared from behind the group and the female officer from before marched onto the scene with wall security. "I leave you idiots with 2 helicopters to take down and what I get is burning metal, only one of the pilots, and the equivalent of a middle finger from The Fallen," She went on, snatching the card away and holding it firmly in her fist before ripping it apart. "Officer, hand me the PDA from before," The female officer commanded, snatching it away when the NPC officer pulled it out. She immediately cut off Robin's power and stuffed the device in her slim jeans pocket.

"Now, all of you assclowns get back on the buses! You better be lucky that this was your first damn job as Egoi- Tie Men Police Officers! I will be taking the pilot in for questioning," The woman finished, grabbing the pilot and cuffing him before taking him towards a police cruiser.

"We will be taking off shortly into the city," Said the bus driver through the bus intercom.

Robin's first reaction was to wince. Oh great, not only is she a bitch, she's a hypocrite, too. Fan fucking tastic. "Well, miss high and mighty, I'd like to remind you that you just destroyed evidence that could have very well had the fingerprints of the bloody culprit on the card. At least I don't directly obstruct justice, Betsy." Robin muttered to himself, feeling the familiar weight of his power being locked off returning and his mood only worsening as Bitch Queen McSassyPants continued to order them around.

As much as he would have absolutely enjoyed saying 'Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me' and roaring off ahead of the buses with his newly obtained motorcycle, he had a feeling that'd get him incarcerated. With a disgruntled growl, he turned to the rest of his crack squad. "Just do as she says. Before I get the urge to cut her throat and rape the corpse." Robin spat on the ground, evidently fed up with both himself and the harpy who was in charge of him.

Robin's muttering only continued as he stormed his way over to the bus, retaking his seat with a look that could have killed Death itself. The boy from before looked up to the culprit with curiosity. "Don't work for the law, kid. Or you'll end up just like me." Robin flashed him the same middle finger as before despite a complete opposite statement from the white-haired lunatic.

Lilith laughed contently and nodded as she wiped a forming tear from the corner of her eye
"I understand but please do not underetimate me. Especially because you don't know who I am, nor do you know what I am. I am something that you'd rather learn to know as an ally, not an enemy"

Lilith looked out the window and began softly tapping her fingers onto it
"Also, if you need someone to cook, just ask me. Cooking is one of my specialties. Just as creating art and writing. So if you need some decorations or you want to write a love letter to someone, just ask me"

Gage lowered his gun, allowing it to dissipate into thin air. Of course there would be no pursuit. The higher ups would rather retreat back to their precious headquarters and allow whoever these Fallen fellows were to cause trouble another day, even though their forces were probably more than ample enough to stop the small force that'd torn their helicopters apart.

Not that Gage viewed it as a completely implausible course of action. If they'd taken one of the pilots, perhaps there was more to these pilots than that they were simply breaking the law. There was also the possibility that the pilots were members of the Fallen all along, and that the pilot they got to keep was supposed to deliver some sort of message. Otherwise, why bother going through all the risky trouble of making sure they had one while keeping the other?

Whoever The Fallen were, Gage already disliked them. Acting without rhyme or reason, as though the legal police force was something to be opposed. 'Maybe if they had any shred of intelligence, they'd think to join us rather than obstruct us.' Feeling a headache coming on just thinking about it, Gage left it for a while to return to the other present headache — the electromaniac and the higher ups. The silver-haired lunatic was raving about the commanding officer's hypocrisy. While he didn't much like him, he was glad they were on the same page about those in charge.

Making his way back into the bus he'd come in on, he waited for their arrival into the city's interior. 'Something tells me I'm really going to wish I'd stayed back.'

Connor quickly gave a salute to the obvious superior, she had just recuffed his leader after all, then with a flick of the wrist, summoned the knight. Who, for his part, was valiantly chasing the suspects but not getting any closer, and in fact was losing some ground. However, as Connor waved his hand, he disappeared into a fine mist that evaporated under the sun. With that done, Connor boards the bus. While he was on the bus, he couldn't help but notice how the female officer had nearly called Tia Men, Egoist.

As the area became clear (besides fire trucks and more police cruisers heading towards the flaming remains of the two copters), the buses finally moved again and eventually passed through the gates to enter Tie Men at last.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!

Welcome to Tie Men, City of Egos!

As they exit the gate tunnel, the light of the early morning sun revealed glass barriers on each side of the road, closing off the charcoal-like remains of what Eastern Tie Men was. Passengers looked in horror at the rubbish, seeing in-person the destruction that was created by an unknown enemy that may still reside in the city.

"Welcome to E- Tie Men! I hope you enjoy your stay here!" The the guy through the intercom stated.

"Welcome to Hell on Earth, Lilith. Our mission: Finding the bastards who did this shit. Get ready for the wildest goose chase you've ever seen." The individual next to Lilith said.

Some of the people aboard started talking shit about the TMPD not stopping such a tragedy from happening and praising that The Fallen handle the mysterious culprit. "Get used to doubt from the citizens. It isn't stopping any time soon." One of the NPC officers said to the group.

There was that catch again. Robin's intrigue was more than piqued now. First Miss Bitchy McGee, and now the bus driver had nearly said 'Egoist'. Robin had no problem with the name, as had been referenced before. What exactly was the issue? He'd heard tangentially about this place being hell, but he figured it couldn't be any worse than Trivage.

Spying the wreckage from the legendary fires of the past brought no emotion to Robin's face. Shit happened. If he was ordered to bring down the jackass responsible, then so be it. But for now, all he could do was stew over the Fallen ruining his first impromptu mission. Whatever. It wouldn't take that long before he'd have a shot at revenge, he was sure.

"Doubt, shmout. That's why I'm here, ain't it? So that they can either trust us, or get their balls zapped. I'm not captain because I'm smart or talented. It's because I get me some pretty sexy results. My methods are cruel, unusual, and usually pretty fucking hilarious if you step back, but ol' Robin kinda needs this job, so you better damn well believe I ain't gonna fail at it." He smirked to himself. "Shame I couldn'ta ridden on the roof and gotten me some Z's."

Lilith giggled and leaned her head on her hand as she looked around at all the wreckage. She actually enjoyed such a sight. It was beautiful! The destruction, the pain, everything about it! This city was going to be fun, that is what she could tell so far. What the fun was going to be? No idea.

"I have been in the actual Hell, so I know how fun Hell can be. And about the goose chase. What do you think happened when they tried finding me down there? Did you think it was my intention to be found? Well you'll learn more about me, if that is a good thing is up to you."

That must've been the third time someone almost referred to Tie Men as 'Egoist'. The only reason it went ignored by Gage was the mere fact that he didn't care what they called themselves, as long as they were for justice. Not the unruly sort that The Fallen claimed to be after. The lawful sort.

The remainder of the trip was a myriad of complaints about how Tie Men failed to stop The Fire from happening, while praises were given for what Gage now viewed as a band of rapscallions hell bent on tarnishing the good name of justice. While he didn't completely understand the details of the tragedy, he couldn't help but see these people as ignorant. It was impossible to stop every tragedy from taking place, even with the best resources. Surely the Fallen's way of doing things would only lead to more chaos and turmoil. Hell, just their sudden uprising was suspicious as all get out. One of The Fallen could've easily been the one that orchestrated the Fire to launch their group into popularity.

Gage sighed at the officer's mention of doubt. "Justice will be done whether they trust us or not. While it makes our jobs easier if they cooperate, I'd rather not bother with absolving their ignorance. That's a personal problem."

The male's eyes left the aisles of people and scanned the surroundings outside. The destruction was still very much evident. While he could see their anger as being justified, he couldn't see the target of their anger as deserving of it. Not just yet, anyway.

Last edited:
Connor sat quietly on the bus, stoically suffering the judgement the citizens gave. It was not his fault someone broke the law. If they could've predicted who would commit the crime and when, then they would have been stopped. But as it was, the police could do nothing unless someone has already broken a law. Then they had to track the felon down, and pick up the pieces along the way. "There is always doubt when there aren't immediate results." Connor muttered, his comment being over shadowed by Gage and Robin's tangent. He didn't mind, it wasn't his job to make big statements like what those two were doing. He wasn't the rank for it, and he wasn't paid enough to care.

Eventually, the row of buses passed by the destruction and got into the actual city of Tie Men. It was like a sudden transformation from hell to heaven on earth. The passengers' anger turned to awe as they looked around at the tall skyscrapers and the expensive shops that they could only dream to afford; Coffee Shops, Clothing Stores, executive buildings, etc.

"We will be arriving at the stop for TMPD H- er, sorry, we will actually be at the second stop before TMPD HQ. Because of the current 'crowd' around there, we can't exactly stop there. Apologies for the inconvenience." The driver mentioned on the intercom.

"Another day of protesters, huh? If we didn't have that 'Right to Peacefully Assemble' law from the States, it'd be easy to take care of them for good. Of course, not to kill; Just run them off." One of the officers said.

"When we stop, get off the bus and look for a woman with a red hood. Once she spots you, she will confront you and take you to somewhere safe. Also, DO NOT look at me when you get off. I will know if you do, trust me." The Fallen individual whispered to Lilith yet again.

Robin's immediate response was to backhand the officer responsible. "Don't get snippy with me, ya ijit. I used ta BE one of those, ya know? They're the people we're sposed ta protect. Tha fact that they're here means you're not doin' yer job very well, now are ya?" Robin's glare could have melted steel. "Don't disillusion the masses any more than ya need to. Otherwise you let the Fallen win, ya got that? We are the good guys!"

Robin spat on the floor, not caring who had to clean it up. "Feh. I remember those days. Used ta run wild and write whatever I felt like, because I knew The Man would have ta clean up after me. But lemme put it this way....you only enjoy it when you don't get caught. And we're gonna make sure nobody fuckin' enjoys anything illegal anymore." Robin would have zapped Connor or Fancypants to prove a point, but the cuffs would make that a useless venture.

"Whatta waste, cuffin' me. These oughta be on one a' those three punks. I'm harmless." He smirked at the officer who spoke before. "Well. Okay, I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty fuckin' harmful." He kicked up his feet, resting them in Fancypants' lap. "But at least I'm on tha right side, eh?"

Gage was a bit of a fence man when it came to protestors. While he understood their right to protest, he also believed it was more of an obstruction than anything else. Though, on the other hand, of such people felt the need to go to such lengths, maybe their law body wasn't fighting hard enough for the justice they deserved. That, or they were just ignorant. The musings of the officer made it clear why these people protested though, if this was their attitude towards them.

Gage would've chimed in with the Electromaniac, had it not been for him suddenly dirtying his pants, using his lap as a footrest. Gage swiftly swatted the male's feet away and rose from his seat. "My word! Do you have any idea whose lap it is you're using as a footrest? Did you not hear my introduction clearly in our earlier impromptu meeting?"

"They have a right to assembly in public space and as long as they aren't inciting violence. We could disperse the crowd for the second reason if it looks to be headed in that direction." Connor said calmly, not letting the jeers from outside the bus get to him. They were confused, that was it. They didn't know that the cops were doing all that they could. Protesting them because they weren't doing their job fast enough only slowed them down further.

Eventually, the bus did arrive at its destination and opened the doors for passengers to get off. Near the stop, a woman with a red hood leaned against the wall with her eyes glued to her phone. The NPC officers both got up and, seeing how there was about to be some conflict between the two new squad leaders, made a break for the exit.

Robin eyed Fancypants with a slightly amused, bored expression. "Boy. Yeah, I did hear all your flappery. But as I recall, you had a sniper rifle and still let all three perps get away. So until you start proving yourself as a cop who can get shit done, you are hereby repurposed as my footrest. Capiche?" Robin chuckled to himself before noticing the other officers were quickly exiting the bus. Huh. It must have stopped while he was jabbering at this doof.

"Hey, wait for me! Your company beats Fluffy's back here!" Robin tore out of the bus, a bright smile on his face despite the obvious rage he had been displaying just a short time before. He swung himself out the door with a "Thanks for the trip, homeslice!" thrown at the bus driver. He hit the dirt and sighed quietly to himself. "Alright. Day 1 of Operation: Fallen Squash has begun. First order of business, getting to HQ so I can see if there's some evidence I can look at. Mush!" He started rushing towards his new locale, hoping everyone got the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.