Egoist City RP Episode 1 In-Character Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LeCrowe

Original poster
2jb8868.png

Rays of the sun peeked over the 100 feet iron walls that sat on each side of the Tie Men 10-Mile immigration station. The people below were tired, irritated, and just wanted a place for them to finally shut their eyes; However, they continued to move from area to area, getting closer to the wide buses that would take them beyond the gate into the city.

Luckily for 5 specific individuals, they, along with a dozen others, have completed their immigration process and were loaded into the 2nd bus from the right. All the seats were attached to the walls, opposed to normal buses with a middle row and a line up of seats on either side, so these 5 coincidentally sat side by side.

Needless to say, the story of these few individuals were about to begin...

------------------------​

All of a sudden, tired immigrants were woken up by blaring sirens. All of the buses that were moving halted to a complete stop as people ran to the left window to see the sight of 2 choppers heading towards the gate.

Seconds went by before 3 uniformed individuals came rushing into the bus. "TMPD! Everybody, get back in your seats immediately!" They announced loud enough for them to be heard. Everyone obeyed, some more willing than others. "Now, is there any TMPD officers onboard?" A woman asked, eyeing everybody for an answer.

In the back of the bus, despite the general crowding of the vehicle, a lone man sat lazily, his arms outstretched in blatant disregard of his company, two faintly glowing cuffs around his wrists. His eye was a bright orange and leered at anyone who dared catch his gaze. The other eye was covered with a black patch, theorized to hide the disgusting socket that remained. The cuffs were a clear sign: This man was on the TMPD's watch list. Not in jail, but definitely not a man to be trusted with his powers. He was a threat, just one they couldn't put away in jail just yet. At least, that was the story for most of the people found this way.

Robin chuckled to himself as the bus screeched to a halt when the sirens started blazing. His voice was one of amusement, almost glee. "Another idiot's gone and got 'imself in trouble. Must be puttin' on quite the show though. Goddamn, I wanna see!" He stretched his body to look out the back window, hoping to catch sight of some deranged lunatic gone wild, but found nothing. "Fuck. Thought the psycho'd be closer." He laughed loudly, noticing a child staring at him from the seat across with mild intrigue mixed with confused fear. His grin grew wider. "Hey, half-pint." He leaned in towards the young boy, a sneer on his face. "Don't go breakin' the law. Or you'll end up just like me." He then flashed the kid the middle finger, laughing as the boy's mother covered his eyes, giving a glare to the flaming redhead. "Aw, lighten up, toots. He's gotta learn life's shit one o'these days."

The helicopters approaching made him smirk. "Ooh. It's a big one! They got the heavy artillery in on this one!" Robin's laughter was overshadowed by hushed discussions as to what exactly might be going down in the city. Personally, Robin didn't care. He had been stationed in Trivage City for the last couple of years, but a couple of new recruits had been, for lack of a better word, intimidated by his 'blunt, real' nature, as he put it. Others might put it as 'asshole extraordinaire'. They had raised complaints, and Robin, rather than deal with the little shits, decided to transfer before they tried to get his ass fired and sent right back to the clink. He was en route to his new outpost now, in fact...or he was at one point. It seemed the Doofus Brigade of the day was to halt traffic.

As the officers burst onto the scene, quieting the onlookers quickly, the question of TMPD law enforcers was brought to the table. After a moment of silence, Robin sighed. "Looks like they callin' me in ta duty early, eh? Works for me. I've been bored to the point of misery. Would be nice to skullfuck a coupla perps." Robin rose to the astonished gasps of the few who had overheard Robin's crass talk earlier. "Squad captain Robin Turnickey, previously of Trivage en route to Egoist for a change of locale. If ya'd be oh so kind as ta get these damn cuffs offa' me, I'd be happy to lend my oh so very helpful hands."

Last edited:
Out of the back, a man in his mid 20s stood up to the gasps of people nearby. His language was foul, his face was filled with glee, and the chainless cuffs around his wrists spelled 'bad' to any onlooker. However, as he stated, he was a squad leader; true, not that high up in command, but he still led...one could only imagine his kind of leadership.

The 3 officers confronted him, the woman of the group pulling out a PDA and searches for his name. The cuffs weren't unusual; Many criminals-turned-police had a similar arrangement. But, as the PDA showed, this guy was a different case in the sense that he was considered 'uncontrollable' by the higher-ups of his former place.

"Robin, huh? Well, don't think for one second that you can bring down another officer in these walls. Realize that you're in a whole other league, surrounded by the best of the best who are even stronger and more powerful than you. From this day forward, you are officially a TMPD squad leader," She stated, but got up real close and personal to his ear, "By the way, refer to Tie Men as 'Egoist' again and you may get demoted." She finished, turning to one of the other male officers and handing them the PDA. "Switch the cuffs to 50% strength. He doesn't get full power til he's inside the city itself. Also, explain to him what he needs to do about that heli. I'm off to meet with the wall security." She specified before she left the bus.

"Okay!" The guy tells Robin, switching his cuffs to 50% strength. "You're objective is to bring that helicopter down before it reaches the iron gate. You will be at 50% strength, so that means that your attacks will only be half powerful (i.e. Damage calculation cut in half). We will be assisting you in battle: I can change the gravitational pull of anything as long as I stay in contact with it, but this only works for medium-sized objects and people. My partner can materialize any vehicle, but he has to have knowledge of it. We will be following you and any other TMPD officer on this bus. What are your orders?

Connor sat patiently on the bus, waiting for it to take him to Tie men. The flight there had been a pain, and so had the need to go through immigration. The city was a city state, that was the only reason it'd need an immigration center. But he did what he was supposed to and didn't cause a commotion. Well, he didn't cause a commotion, but there certainly was one.

When several officers came onto the ship and asked who was any TMPD officers, he was about to raise his hand and call out when the person a few seats back spoke up. Apparently he was a criminal, judging by the cuffs, that had decided to work for the police instead of serve time in prison. He didn't agree with it, but that was how the system worked. He was however surprised to hear that the criminal was a squad captain, a rank you didn't simply get by turning your criminal buddies in. He must have caught somebody really bad to even be promoted. Well, he couldn't let the squad captain go alone, no matter how much of a dick he was making himself look with the few words Connor actually bothered to pay attention to.

"Connor McKinley, recent transfer," he said standing up, listening to the briefing. And when it was done, he had already formed an idea. "Bikes, or at the least something big enough to fit two people and that you can lift. We get under the helicopter, and you lift us up. That's the best case scenario, worst case it's just one other person."

No joke, it wasn't an easy mission. If it had just been to down the copter, he would have just zapped the rotor from a mile away and watched it crash and burn. Probably jerk off to the carnage, too. But no. The perp needed to be taken alive. He snapped his fingers, frustrated. "Well. There's a few options I got here. I'll probably ne-" He was interrupted by another officer who rose. Excellent. He had another partner in this mess. "Robin Turnickey, how the fuck are ya." He grabbed the man's hand without warning, shaking it roughly before musing to himself.

"Alright boys. Here's the plan. Connor mate. I need to know your power immediately. If it's stronger than I am in this sorry state, then I want you on top of the wall immediately. Show an offensive, but don't hit the copter. Your goal is to keep it away from the gates. Whoever isn't on repulsion duty will do your thing and get up to the chopper for a takedown and landing of the bird. So if you think you're better aimed to that, then you'd better let me know so I can get movin'. I've taken down lunatics crazier than this nutjob. I'd know, I AM one!" Raucous laughter before immediately cutting himself off, his expression serious.

"I need mobile action now boys, now! We are gonna miss this fucker if we don't move!" Robin pushed to the front of the bus, waving his arm to beckon the rest of his squad along. "We can discuss specifics on the way. We need to be mobile boys!" He laughed wildly to himself once again. "Best watch out up there bub, I'm comin' for ya, and you best believe I got a present!" His hands crackled with static electricity, emphasizing his words.

It had been a long day when Lilith had finally managed to fall asleep. The last while had been exhausting due to all the happenings in the world. Her having to take an exhausting flight with so many people and then have to go through the complete annoyance of immigration. This is not what she imagined the normal world to be like.

Suddenly though, her bus stopped and she would have something interesting to watch. She managed to peek out the window and saw two helicopters going towards a wall. She assumed they had arrived at their destination but that this was another disturbance on their route. She saw a bunch of people in what seemed like police uniforms come onto the busses and ask if there were any TMPD officers there. Lilith wasn't one so she just sat queitly.

Lilith made a small grin appear onto her face and whispered to herself.
"If things like this happen more often this is surely to be more interesting than Hell."
She yawned and stretched now waiting to see what the TMPD was planning to do.
"I hope there is an organization I could join..."

(Okay. From now on, stuff dealing with TMPD will be in Blue. Stuff dealing with The Fallen will be in Red. Stuff dealing with both will be in Black.)

Neither of the TMPD officers could get a word in as the two new squad leaders interacted and came up with a plan. It seemed Robin had something in mind as he made his way straight out the bus, threatening the copters that flew above as he seemed electrified in more ways than one.

Meanwhile, as a wheelchair-bounded woman stretched and wore a grin on her face, wanting to experience action like the one happening, she couldn't have known that adventure loomed near.

"Pssst! You in the wheelchair!" A voice whispered. Even before Lilith would get a chance to look to where the voice was coming from (to the left), the voice spoke up again. "Don't look my way. Just keep looking forward," The voice specified before they continued. "I want to ask a question to you right now. Feel free to answer this anyway you want to. Which do you think is better? A world with laws or a world with freedom?"

"So, exactly, what is your plan?" One of the men spoke up to Robin, the other remaining silent.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I can summon a knight or it's arms and armor," Connor said as he took back his hand. "I doubt that will do much to stop the helicopters unless I can get on the same level as them. My knight may possibly be able to jump onto one if they are flying low enough, but I doubt it." And with that, he hurried out of the bus with the rest of them. How could he use his knight in a situation like this? The best use was to most likely cushion a fall, catching either him or someone else so they don't splat on the ground.

"That's PERFECT!" Robin clapped his hands together, apparently having come to a conclusion. "Okay. If that's the case, I know exactly how this is going to go down." Robin turned first to the vehicle-creator. "Alrighty. I need two motorcycles. One that's fuckin' rad, that's mine, obviously. I need another one with a sidecar." He continued the run, the back of his mind screaming that maybe he should wait for the motorcycles and then just drive off in pursuit to lose less time. He quieted that side of him and turned towards the gravity manipulator as he ran. "You and our pal Connor then take the sidecar one. Get in line with the helicopters, then gravity yourselves up on their level. They're not gonna shoot...because they'll either lose control of the choppers or risk hitting their idiot asses."

Lastly, he turned to Connor. "You, knight-boy? Your job is simple. Jump from the motorcycle and board one of the helicopters, then spawn your knight on the other one. We will enact a double-takedown from the skies and be in town sippin' Bacardi by the end of the day. As for me...I'll make sure those helicopters don't get anywhere near the gates. Not unless they want to learn how a mozzarella stick feels in the fryer." He grinned wickedly, his hands continuing to crackle. "I call it Operation Chopper-Shopper. Now let's MOVE MOVE MOVE!" His plan relayed to the rest of the squad, Robin was getting more eager than ever. This was real action, not some small-time bust. This was where he could show them he was more than just a jackass in cuffs.

Lilith suddenly heard a voice around her. It immediatly said not to start looking for her so she decided she'd obey so nothing bad would happen as she didn't know who this person was or what they were capable of. The person asked her if she thought a world with laws or with freedom was better. She smiled and tapped her fingers onto the armrest of her wheelchair.
"Well I think freedom is a good thing to have for a stable community but I'd say laws are quite necesarry as well. Why that?"

The urge to just look who the person is was big for Lilith but from previous experiences with disobedience she knew to be a good girl and simply listen. She just kept tapping her fingers as she looked straight ahead of her looking at all the people looking out the window.

SCREECH!

The bus came to a halt. Outside the window, two choppers could be seen approaching the city gates. A sigh escaped parted lips. Nobody said there'd be a welcoming party... It was bad enough that they'd taken so long in processing his belongings. One couldn't simply be relocated to a strange new place without their prized tea set. How anyone could think anything suspicious of it was beyond him.

His annoyed gazing was interrupted by an officer boarding the bus and asking if anyone on board was a member of the TMPD. That was when Gage rose. "Here, here." He waved his hand towards the officer, bringing him to attention. "Gage Foster, also known as The Admirable Admiral, at your service." A bow was given in greeting, as inappropriate as it may have seemed. It was customary, and he followed them. What good were laws and customs if they went unfollowed? They may as well not even exist.

Peering ahead, Gage could see a number of figures. His guess was that they'd already gathered people from the earlier buses to deal with the issue. This city contains the elite of the elite and they still feel a need to ask immigrants for help? How uncouth... Gage scoffed and brushed the officer to the side. "Just leave this to people that know what they're doing then." The male stayed only long enough to hear the perpetrators needed to be captured alive.

A smile gracing his lips, Gage made his way towards the other, leaving the officer with some parting words. "Let's see what the Law Book says, shall we?"

Gage waved to signal his approach to the others. Overconfident though he may be, he still values teamwork. Camaraderie is a precious thing, and the only reason man exists to this day.

"Gage Foster," he called out, giving a bow when he met them. "Otherwise known as The Admirable Admiral." Looking about the group, he quickly grew disheartened. While two of them seemed normal enough, one of them bore an eye patch and held a loony visage. Do they hire anyone with a pulse now?

Reserving his judgement, Gage looked to the approaching choppers. "So, what do we have here?" Holding his hand out, a Springfield sniper rifle appeared. Looking through the sight, he spotted their suspects. Lowering it, he turned towards the loon, who'd seemed to have taken charge of things. "Do we know if these sorry louts have powers?"

The person sitting besides Lilith couldn't help but chuckle a bit at her answer. "Sorry. Sorry. It wasn't a bad answer or anything. It's just that...it was rather refreshing, to be honest. Usually, people would go on about how 'laws hold people back from doing the right thing' and 'down with the system'...but, not you. You understand the one thing these morons don't: The world needs both chaos and order...or, rather, the mix of the two. Let me present you with a choice," The person said, pulling out their phone and moving it over Lilith's lap. The individual's hand has a black glove on and sleeves to cover his skin.

"I know, the phone looks like it's off, but it's really not. It's a black screen that reads whatever fingerprint you place on it. If you press your thumb or any finger on this, your print will be remembered and you'll gain access to our group's secret social app using any phone you wish. However, the app will disappear when the phone is not in your possession. As for our group, let's just say that we're a group full of people who want change in the 'city of egos'. If you agree, press your thumb or finger on the screen."

Both of the officers went to work on what Robin told them to do. Two motorcycles (one with a sidecar) was materialized in 30 seconds with no problems whatsoever. Just as everything was about to get started, another TMPD officer arrived on the scene. He dubbed himself 'The Admirable Admiral' and held a sniper rifle. Both of the officers couldn't help but start laughing at the new guy. "Who gave you that sort of name? Your mother or something?" One of them said.

Robin internally wanted to laugh at Fancy Pants here, but he knew now wasn't the time for that. The officer that did got a glare from Robin so harsh it could wilt a flower. "Where'd ya learn your sense of urgency, your mother? We can laugh at this doof later! We got shit ta do and I am not gonna let some fru fru lawboy keep me from bagging my perps!" The true criminal of Robin shone through with his comment; even if he was the law, he was still just as hotheaded and single-minded as before. Though he did notice the sniper rifle....

"Okay, Fancy Pants. You want a job? You're damage control. If tits go up and these dicks get near the gate, it's gonna be your job to shoot those helicopters outta the sky. If they get to that point, it means we failed our mission anyways. Better to have them shot down than to just let 'em go wherever the hell they please. Have Vehicle Guy make you something to get into position. And no, I don't know his name! I'll have time for that garbage later! Oh, and one more thing." He turned to Gage, leering at him with a dark grin. "Fuck this up and I'll make sure that fancy little suit of yours ends up flossing your asshole." Robin hopped astride his motorcycle. "I leave the air game in your hands! I'll make sure they get a sweet light show!" Robin's insane cackling could be heard before he revved the engine and sped off, preparing some electricity for those two jerks in the sky.

Last edited:
Lilith looked at the end reaching towards her lap and putting a phone on it. She listened to him talking about a special group that had the same ideas herself. She thought for a bit and had a gentle smile on her face as she pressed her pinky finger flat onto the screen.
"I guess this seals the deal huh? So now I can talk to other via this phone on the app? My name is Lilith by the way. Sorry for not mentioning that"

She stared at the window and sighed a bit as her fingers began tapping onto her armrest again
"So this group... with how many are you? And do you have special dorms perhaps? Cause I'd like my own room where I can paint, write, read and play music in silence. I can also cook if that would be needed"

Connor nodded in understanding, he hadn't thought of that to be honest. He had figured out a lot, vehicles to get under the helicopter and then reverse the gravity to get him, but this would be so much quicker. Hopefully they'd be close enough together that he could summon the knight onto the other helicopter. But then it'd be the simple matter of opening up the helicopter, grabbing the guy, and then jumping out and hoping someone catches him. His knight might be able to just drop and be fine, but he wouldn't. As for the 'Admirable Admiral', he didn't really say anything. But he had to admit, the hat looked good.

The comments from the abetting officer went ignored. Gage had met his type before — the type with no grasp of common etiquette. The fact that he had the gall to make such a comment in such a situation as this only added to the already low opinion Gage would soon form of this man if such frivolous actions were to continue.

It was cemented that the male with the crazy look in his eyes was, in fact, the "leader". While he'd normally oppose, the situation did present a bit of urgency, and there was no time to waste arguing against having a lesser role than that of someone who appeared as though they should be caught by the TMPD rather than in charge.

"Shooting down helicopters? Not the fanciest job in the world, but so long as it keeps my suit clean. Our first day here and we're already doing their jobs for them." The snarky psycho had to offer one more comment before heading off, but Gage paid it no mind. Certainly, when all was said and done, he'd be given some position of superiority over whoever this fellow they'd recently removed from the nuthouse was.

While everyone below stood and talked for a while, the helicopters racing to the gates, nobody could notice 3 individuals walking along the gate. All of them stood there with a purpose, looking down at the idiots below and the morons flying their way.

"Lilith, is it? I would recommend you look up at the people atop the walls and witness the power of us...The Fallen,"The person whispered to her, grinning as they knew what was about to happen.

From the POV of the people below, it was as if the two helicopters sliced into pieces on their own. In reality, one of the 3 Fallen members drew out some wires from his/her hands and cut the copters like a pizza. However, the pilots were safe; albeit, falling towards their demise, but safe nonetheless.

At that point, one of the female members blasted in the air towards the two while the wire guy made his wires into rails to allow the female to grind to the falling man and catch them before coming to a stop on the ground...right in front of the TMPD group.

"Uh...well, this is embarrassing," She laughed, then shoved one of the pilots their way. "Here's the deal: You get one of the pilots and I'll keep the other. Deal. Bye Bye!" She stated, blowing a kiss towards them before she was pulled back by the wire guy's wires turning into a bungie cord and snatching her back into the wall.

"Let this be the declaration of war between TMPD and The Fallen. We are true justice in the name of the people." The third Fallen Member stated as the copter parts finally collided with the ground and exploded into flames. Through those flames, a card shot through and stuck to the ground. If one were to read it, it would say:

'TMPD, I instruct you to lie down your law books and take a long look at the written word it contains. The law itself isn't wrong, it's the wrong laws that corrupt the right ones. Realize this and accept The Fallen.'

On the back is a picture of a black crow.

Robin had initially thought backup was finally arriving. "Jeezy goddammit, it's about fuckin' time!" He screeched to a halt, eyeing the wreckage with a smirk. "Alright! Shame it wasn't me, but it's fuckin' nice to see some collateral damage!" He was about to head down to go collect his bounty when someone else appeared, tossing his underlings one and zipping off into the sky. He caught the glint of razor wire as the fire reflected off of its infinitesimally thin thread....Robin put two and two together and fumed. "HEY!" His voice rose above the flames and the sounds of panic. "You jerks better get back with my perp! Or I'll make you regret the day you first slid out your mother's taint to greet the world!"

Perhaps 'impotent cop' threats at best, but Robin's mood had been completely soured. His first job after transfer and he got staged like he was somebody's fool. Though the cuffs still limited him, Robin let a raging cry to the sky out, lightning crackling around him as he took out his anger on the surrounding area, carving ruts in the ground with his wildly uncontrolled bolts that darted around him. Once the electricity died down, he got back on his bike, speeding back to his comrades, who had the prisoner in tow. He braked hard, jumping off the bike and noticing the card he had parked next to.

He picked it up, grumbling to himself as he read it. "Alright Fallen. You wanna play Robin like a bastard, you're gonna regret it." He growled angrily; it was evident he was beyond pissed off, though it seemed more directed at himself than anyone. "You two." He pointed to the original two goons who he had met first. "Get me to headquarters so I can get these damn cuffs off of me. I've got a little interrogation to do with this jerk." His face twisted into a cruel smirk as he eyed the pilot the TMPD had managed to recover. "They're askin' for war, they are...and I'm gonna give it to 'em..." Despite not knowing the Fallen, he was taking his failure personally. Was it because he had failed to uphold the law, or was it because he had been made to look stupid? He wasn't telling, but the fire in his eyes suggested they had made a terrible mistake.

Lilith looked atop the wall as the person told her to. She smiled a bit seeing three people on there who started doing some impressive things. She saw both helicopters getting clean cut and the pilots safely falling down. It seemed to her the Fallen wanted to cause chaos, but not in a way that anyone would have to die unless necesarry.

Judging from the next few actions she assumed the person coming down from wires and proceeding to blow a kiss at some TMPD people was female. She sighed happily knowing she wouldn't be the only female in hte place. She saw them disappear a bit later and kept looking in front of her.

She decided to speak to the person again but still did not turn around as she was a woman of her word.
"Now that I've seen that I am sure I want to join you guys. But how are you gonna get me out of here unnoticed?"

Before the quartet could even begin to go after the pilots, the choppers were ripped to shreds before their very eyes. Only the light of the fire revealed any glint of what was responsible — a myriad of wires. While it wasn't exactly a welcome method for stopping the choppers (as their pilots were not hurtling towards the ground), it was still an impressive skill. It wasn't long before they were once again shown up, as a female swooped down on the wires and saved the pilots, before landing right in front of them.

At first Gage was grateful, having not initially realized that they weren't fellow TMPD members. His gratitude quickly turned to disdain when the female pushed one of the pilots into them and claimed they'd be holding onto the other one, as though it was something she had any say in. "And who are you to—" Gage began, before the sight of the female being yanked back by her companion made him stop. What remained of the choppers smashed into the ground, covering it with flames and debris.

While the acting "captain" read the card that shot their way, Gage was prepping his sniper rifle. "The nerve..." he mumbled, visibly irritated. "The law is absolute. Without it, all that remains is chaos, such as this." Keeping his eye on the scope, he directed his voice at the now fuming electromaniac. "I really hate to ask, but protocol demands I must. Shall we be going after these ones?"

Status
Not open for further replies.