3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Magical girl, action, science fiction
[btn=https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/dust-to-dust-a-next-gen-rwby-rp-information-under-construction.158994/]Setting Information[/btn] [btn=https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/dust-to-dust-a-next-gen-rwby-rp-ic.159712/]IC[/btn]

Looking for Huntsmen and Huntresses to enroll at the newly-reopened Beacon Academy, keep the spark of hope alive, and join this future-set RWBY RP. I (Mollisol) am the GM.

RWBY: Dust to Dust

• Before you were born, Beacon Academy fell to the forces of darkness. Team RWBY and other heroes from Beacon worked with Haven to protect it from the same fate, and they won. Some time after that, they had you, and they brought you into a world at peace.

That world would grow vibrant but chaotic. The citizens of Vale were determined to find a way forward - they made the city beautiful again, they brought the CCT back online, and they drove the Grimm out of the center of the city. Faunus grew even less accepted due to the actions of the White Fang. Technology advanced, and with that came new forms of dust, and materials and biotech based off of newly-discovered Grimm physiology. Beacon Academy was reopened by Glynda Goodwitch's sister Locasta. Your reasons for joining were your own, whether you saw it as taking up your parents' mantle, having adventures of your own, or just bringing light to the world.

Advancement did not come without those who wished to tear it down. Charismatic leader Io Sugilite spoke against the use of aura, in favor of using biotechnology to augment humans and merge them with the Grimm living in outer Vale. Treating the Grimm like gods, her movement grew into a cult with members in all four kingdoms. This cult, the Yamiko Movement, developed a tense relationship with Remnant's combat schools.

Then the unthinkable happened - dust started making people sick. Huntsmen and Huntresses developed terrible illnesses from using it. Grimm began to encroach upon humanity's footholds once again. As dust sales plummeted, the Yamiko Movement gained momentum, and Nature's Wrath became a much less viable combat aid. People had to use it in very limited quantities, or find technological replacements. The quest became to uncover the cause of this strange new disease, and procure the materials needed for a cure.

You're attending Beacon in a world where dust, humanity's candle in the dark, is dangerous. Your world holds advancements and challenges your parents could never have foreseen. What future will you and your team carve out?

• You play as a descendant of one of the show's heroes, attending Beacon Academy. There will be action and adventure, missions in a variety of settings, and the challenge of fighting dangerous enemies without Dust. Your characters will learn to work together, and if you're looking for it, perhaps romance will blossom as well. Your missions are handed down by scientists, who need Huntsmen and Huntresses to navigate perilous territory, fight Grimm, and clash with the Yamiko Movement in order to find a cure.

The game will start before initiation, and jump to the second semester (which includes missions and a dance) after initiation ends.

Have roleplay common sense - no godmodding, OP characters, etc. Your writing should be at least at the Intermediate level. Posting speed is 2-3 IC posts a week.

• As for who your character's parent is, you can claim any character from RWBY, JN(P)R, or CFVY, plus Sun and Neptune, as long as they're not already claimed. You are also allowed to have two canon characters as your character's parents if you choose (for example, instead of Coco and an OC father, you could play the child of Coco and Fox, or someone Coco and Velvet adopted). Open characters include:

Fox Alistair
    Yatsuhashi Daichi

Taken characters include:

Ruby Rose and Jaune Arc (Accelerator - Rowan Arc)
    Weiss Schnee and Neptune Vasilias (Casket Case - Hailey Schnee)
    Blake Belladonna and Sun Wukong (jessica2477)
    Yang Xiao Long (Mollisol - Daiyu Xiao Long)
    Nora Valkyrie (Beowulf - Hans Valkyrie)
    Lie Ren (S@lt - Jadori "Jade" Ren)
    Coco Adel (★Under The Stars★ - Honey Adel)
    Velvet Scarlatina (Queen of Null - Kara Scarlatina)
    Cardin Winchster (CasketCase - Nightingale Winchester)

Character Sheet

Notes
  1. Your character needs to feel like they're descended from their parent from canon, and connect to them somehow, without being a carbon copy.
  2. The posting expectation is Intermediate - good caps/grammar/punctuation, fleshed-out paragraphs, varied sentence structure. This applies to both IC posts and your character sheet.
  3. Feel free to add any stats you see necessary, and to use different bbcodes to make your character sheet prettier.

Character Name
Picture

• Name: Remember to include your canon parent's last name!
    Name relation to color: Self-explanatory
    Race: Human or faunus?
    Immediate family members: Self-explanatory

• Aura color: Self-explanatory
    Height: Self-explanatory
    Body type: Athletic? Skinny? Curvy?
    Faunus trait: if applicable

• Weapon: Name and describe
    Semblance: Describe
    Fighting style: Self-explanatory
    Dust Options: You used Dust before it started making people sick. Some Huntsmen and Huntresses have discovered they can achieve its desired effects with different technology, while others continue to use it in small enough capacities to avoid significant illness. What do you do?

• Why did you enroll at Beacon? Self-explanatory
    Personality: Self-explanatory
    Romance? If yes, what's their romantic orientation?

• Parental history: What did their parent(s) do after defeating Salem? How did they meet?
    Personal history: How was life growing up? Was their family rich? Poor? What was their relationship with their parents?

Character Name
Picture

[tabs][tab=ID]
[B]Name:[/B] Remember to include your canon parent's last name!
[B]Name relation to color:[/B] Self-explanatory
[B]Age:[/B] 16-18
[B]Race:[/B] Human or faunus?
[B]Immediate family members:[/B] Self-explanatory
[/tab][tab=Visage]
[B]Aura color:[/B] Self-explanatory
[B]Height:[/B] Self-explanatory
[B]Body type:[/B] Athletic? Skinny? Curvy?
[B]Faunus trait:[/B] if applicable
[/tab][tab=Combat]
[B]Weapon:[/B] Name and describe
[B]Semblance:[/B] Describe
[B]Fighting style:[/B] Self-explanatory
[B]Dust Options:[/B] You used Dust before it started making people sick. Some Huntsmen and Huntresses have discovered they can achieve its desired effects with different technology, while others continue to use it in small enough capacities to avoid significant illness. What do you do?
[/tab][tab=Personal]
[B]Why did you enroll at Beacon?[/B] Self-explanatory
[B]Personality:[/B] Self-explanatory
[B]Romance?[/B] If yes, what's their romantic orientation?
[/tab][tab=History]
[B]Parental history:[/B] What did their parent(s) do after defeating Salem? How did they meet?
[B]Personal history:[/B] How was life growing up? Was their family rich? Poor? What was their relationship with their parents?
[/tab][/tabs]
[/hr]

Teams
[BCOLOR=#000000]HHHK[/BCOLOR] (Hawk): Hailey Schnee // Hans Valkyrie // Honey Adel // Kara Scarlatina
[BCOLOR=#000000]JRND (Jacaranda):[/BCOLOR] Jadori Ren // Rowan Arc // Nightingale Winchester // Daiyu Xiao Long
[/hr]

Last edited:
I think it works a little better if Jade is the older sibling.
Alright. I'm going to let you post first so I know her age. That way the younger sibling won't be accidentally the older one.

Reactions: Mollisol
Haven't played a while, but I'll give it a go. I'll make Weiss and Neptune's kid.

I wouldn't mind making two kids for Blake and Sun if it helps C:

I wouldn't mind making two kids for Blake and Sun if it helps C:
I'm gonna give it until Monday, as we've gotten a steady stream of interest the past few days. When I think about it, it'd probably be best for me to make sure we can't get all 8 people before I open up doubles. Thank you, though; I'll keep you in mind if we don't get those last two people!

I'm gonna give it until Monday, as we've gotten a steady stream of interest the past few days. When I think about it, it'd probably be best for me to make sure we can't get all 8 people before I open up doubles. Thank you, though; I'll keep you in mind if we don't get those last two people!
Okay! For now, I shall debate whether I use the boy or girl character I have in mind

Hey Hun, you got room for one more here?

If not, that's completely fine!

Hey Hun, you got room for one more here?

If not, that's completely fine!
Yes, welcome aboard! We now have one more slot remaining, now that you've joined. I'm gonna put that in the title, actually, so the reply count doesn't mislead people, and we might be able to get that one last person.

Do you know who you'd like to claim for your character's parent(s)?

Yes, welcome aboard! We now have one more slot remaining, now that you've joined. I'm gonna put that in the title, actually, so the reply count doesn't mislead people, and we might be able to get that one last person.

Do you know who you'd like to claim for your character's parent(s)?
I do not! I will, however, figure it out in the next few minutes!

Alright! I'll be taking Coco Adel as my parent~

8cb65ab56a29d22f4b9180fcb40e71fb.png

febca9e73c02a8f9260547123f409793.jpg

• Name: Honey Adel

Name Relation To Color: Honey is known for its yellow tint.

Race: Human

Immediate family members: Coco is all her known family. Her father left before she knew him and her mother doesn't talk about him.

• Aura color: Rouge

Height: 5'6''

Body Type: Curvy, Toned

Faunus Trait: N/A

• Weapon:

Reminiscence Incarnate

Honey uses an adaptable bow/spear. The bow retracts itself to create a powerful, straight grip for the tip of the spear. The spear is approximately two feet in length. If it is needed, the end of the spear can open up to create a machine gun. Honey, however, has to feed bullets into the spear in order to make use of this. It takes a little time to prepare that part of the weapon.

About the bow part of the weapon, the bow uses a reinforced string for its firing. The arrows that are used can have dust particles in the tips to create different effects. Of course, there must be minimal amounts of dust in order to keep from getting serious disease, but Honey takes this risk willingly. Her mother always told her that she had to take risks in order to be successful, so this is something she undertakes willingly.

Semblance: Disproportionality. Honey is able to make objects larger or smaller, which in turn, increases their weight. If she doubles the size of an object, it decreases her aura at a somewhat rapid pace. If she decreases an object's size by half, then it decreases her aura at a somewhat slower pace. (It is easier, in my mind, to take away mass from an object.) Her aura periodically goes away as the object either gains size or loses size. Her aura is also depleted the longer that she keeps an object at her chosen size. To give this power some logistics, she can keep an object larger and heavier for a small battle before her aura depletes (Which I imagine is a minute). She can keep an object smaller for an smaller extended battle (Which I imagine is 3-4 minutes). She can choose to have the object regain its original size at any time.

Fighting style: Honey mainly uses her spear, although her bow is what she is what she is most adept with. She chooses to do this because she doesn't want enemies knowing all of her tricks. Getting an enemy into close range is what puts her in a controlling state. If enemies attempt to run away, she can pull out her bow and pick them off. She tries to have an aggressive fighting style, but finds herself adapting to the situation. If she is absolutely needed as a long-range attacker, she will move to that position.

Dust Options: She uses dust in small capacities. As said before, her mother told her that she wouldn't be able to be successful unless she took risks, so that's exactly what she's doing.

• Why did you enroll at Beacon? Honey seeks to prove herself in the world. If she graduates from this academy, she'll know that she is good enough to combat the Grymm in a more official setting.

Personality: Honey is a straightforward girl. She doesn't lie, she doesn't cheat, she doesn't do anything stupid. (Well... What she thinks is stupid.) She holds herself somewhat loosely, but she does have a level of dignity. Some describe her as an object of respect purely because of her attitude, while others mock and scorn her for her ability to directly communicate her feelings.

Honey is also very emotional, despite her bluntness. She is easily affected by different things and she usually lashes out in anger at times. In battle, she uses this anger to her advantage and makes an opponent feel completely disoriented with her semblance. She seeks to destroy all of her opponents and seeks to be as strong as possible. She lacks respect, so she seeks that as well.

Romance? Yes. Biromantic, but asexual.

• Parental history: Coco, after defeating Salem, didn't stop her passion for fighting the Grymm. She fought for a few years as an experienced Huntress. While out on a mission one day, she met Honey's father. Since Coco did not disclose any more information about him, there is nothing more that Honey could say about it.

Personal history: Honey did not know luxury, but she was not poor by any means. She got along very well with her mother, considering she was her only tie to becoming a true Huntress. She also loved her very much because, despite her rough nature, she cared for her deeply. Honey trained with her mother using her same style of fighting, but Honey didn't like it. As a tribute to her friend Pyrra from when she was enrolled in school, she gave Honey a spear. Honey trained with this for a little while, but found that she did want something that was ranged like her mother. So she put her spear away for a while and took up a bow. It was a more primal weapon for someone in modern society, but Honey was alright with that. The bow was more versatile than a gun, considering an arrow could be curved and arrows provided a makeshift knife if a situation got dicey. As she trained with this, she became the best archer she could. As she grew closer to the age of 17, she knew it would soon be time for her to seek out a way to become an official Huntress, other than her Mother. So she had a weapon made for her that was a combination of a spear, a bow, and a machine gun. She learned how to use the weapon well before she came to the Academy.

• Bucket of Rainbows
@★Under The Stars★ I would like you to name Honey's weapon. The rest looks good! Once that's out of the way, I'll put a link to her CS on the first post.

Wait a second. I foresee a possible problem. The team name and how it has to be a color or something. RWBY, ruby, JNPR, juniper, that other one. Unless that's going to be waved for the sake of the rp?

Wait a second. I foresee a possible problem. The team name and how it has to be a color or something. RWBY, ruby, JNPR, juniper, that other one. Unless that's going to be waved for the sake of the rp?
I'm sure we can get creative with the names~

I'm sure we can get creative with the names~

There may be problems with that, but I've seen plausible team names created by randomly combining names (with no forethought to teams) - . I have faith in that. Like Under The Stars said, we can get creative.

(In case anyone was wondering... I've seen MAKA for "mocha", BHAZ for "biohazard orange", MDYC for "red and white", and JAUL for "jackal". And that was before we had to shuffle things around because of inactive people xD)

There may be problems with that, but I've seen plausible team names created by randomly combining names (with no forethought to teams) - . I have faith in that. Like Under The Stars said, we can get creative.

(In case anyone was wondering... I've seen MAKA for "mocha", BHAZ for "biohazard orange", MDYC for "red and white", and JAUL for "jackal". And that was before we had to shuffle things around because of inactive people xD)
I HAVE FAITH IN US ALL *Sticks their fist up in the air and almost screams, "Fight The Power"*

Hans Valkyrie
02363186ec7b6f77eec6971625256ef4.jpg

• Name: Hans Valkyrie
    Name relation to color: Han is a shade of purple made in China.
    Race: Human
    Immediate family members: Nora Valkyrie, Lie Ren, and his half-sister Jadori "Jade" Ren.

• Aura color: Purply pink.
    Height: 6'2"
    Body type: Athletic. Very athletic.

• Weapon: Painful Reminder. A bardiche that is able to turn into the equivalent of a semi-automatic elephant gun. So the choice is really up to you. Stay right where you are and let him take pot shots at you with a really big gun, or get close and let him hit you with a heavy and broad axe, halberd thing.
    Semblance: Hans doesn't move easily once he's dug his heels in. And the more you try to move him, the harder you need to work. He can effectively transfer his attacker's momentum into his next hit. And the more you hit him, the stronger his next hit is going to be. But all the damage he stores is released on that one hit, and has to be built up again.
    Fighting style: Hans has zero form or grace in his fighting. All he cares about really is hitting and hitting hard. And he know's he's not the fastest, so chasing someone down isn't an option. With his semi-automatic elephant gun, he forces them to come to him. Or risk getting gunned down by the massive shots.
    Dust Options: Hans uses Dust sparingly, not feeling the need to enhance his Semblance with it or to change what Painful Reminder does. Though he does acknowledge it's uses.

• Why did you enroll at Beacon? He can't let his sister show him up.
    Personality: Hans is very passionate about things. Sometimes people call him hot headed because of it, but that's just one way to look at things. If he thinks he's right, then there isn't much you can do as a fellow student to change his mind. Teachers, on the other hand, he'll do as they say when ever they say it. And though he gives his sister a lot of crap, he still loves her. And woe to those that insult him or her where he can hear them.
    Romance? Heterosexual

• Parental history: You know the saying "If you truly love something set it free. And if it returns then it's meant to be"? Well, that's basically what happened between Nora and Ren. Well, Ren had a daughter without Nora, but they got back together in the end and made the miracle that is Hans.
    Personal history: Life for Hans was rather easy, truth be told. Their family wasn't dirt poor, his mother refusing to have her children go through that, but they weren't exceptionally rich like the Schnee's. Hans was closer to his mother then his father simply because he took after her more. He had his father's black hair, but that's about all there was. He saw hitting things really hard as being the solution to most problems like his mother, and he was always so full of energy. That didn't mean he loved his father, the opposite actually. But him and his mother were just more alike and saw things eye to eye more often then him and his father. However, they could all agree on letting him go to Beacon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.