Dust and Steam

Anette pulled Fire and Fury from her belt. "Alright then." She said. She looked around at the area, just shooting at the guy wasn't going to work. She needed a plan. She pointed her tonfa blasters at the water he was near and shot at it multiple times making some water stray out onto the air. She wanted to use it as a cover before she jumped off of her ledge. She stuck the blade side of her Tonfa into the rock and hung there, seeing what he would do with the stray of water, ready to move.

The water was not just working for Annete's advantage. Once it had rise around the man, he began to spin his staff over his head. It made the water circle around him, made it rise even higher, and was now a shield for him as it formed a spiraling water tower. The ledge he stood on was cut off by the water, but instead of falling, it was carried up by the stream of water.
The wind that came with it was dangerous since it took water with it. A single splash of it had the strength of a average human punch.

To Lifira, "average human punch" was an understatement. (Though, you could also argue that with her tiny frame, any blow would be greatly magnified.) Blinded by her own rage and fear, the faunus launches herself straight into the wall of water. The girl comes flying off into the sea, the wind knocked out of her.

Not... going... back!

Quick as lightning, she pulls out her shotgun and with a massive blast of hellfire, launches herself back onto the cliffs. She slams into the rock with a mighty "CRASH!" and struggles to scrabble onto the ledge she drops onto.

Lifira's breathing is heavy. Fire burns bright in her eyes. She doesn't even notice the intense pain in her shoulder.

Looking up at her target, she pauses her pursuit to give him a rude hand gesture with both of her claws.

The faunus loads Richard with a new Dust cannister, and begins her chase anew.

She'd catch up on him; she had all morning.

"God damn it all!" Mia cursed. The others were already trying and failing. A memory flitted through her mind. It was of a training session with Ethan... "That's it!" She quickly ran and jumped over to Kyra. "We can't take him out like this! We need to work together! That's the only way we'll get the amulet from him!" She said frantically to the one person she knew she could understand what she was saying. "We need to tell the others!"

Kyra nearly lept out of her skin when the other girl all but materialized beside her. She'd been focused on the water spiral. However, Mias plan sounded like a good one. The brunette paused for a millisecond, pale colored eyes scanning the other girls for brief moments. Her eyes snapped back to the other would be students around them.

"What about the whole only one of us gets to stay thing? Do you think it'd be possible to convince everyone else to work together?" She asked the other girl, even as she glanced down at her two guns. As she spoke to the other girl she took the time to change out some of the dust cartridges. Her favorite was pressure, but she wanted a bit of variety at the ready. Kyra glanced over at Mia, then back at the water tower. I wonder how strong the pressure behind the water is. Kyra tossed the other girl a small smile. "I guess if we're going to convince them, we need to get a move on, huh?"

"They just said we had to walk back with the amulet. If we all walk together and each grab some part of it, we can still technically pass. You get the people on the left, I'll get the right." Mia said. "Good luck." With that she rushed to tell the other students about her plan, starting with Annette. She found a ledge below her and called up. "Hey! Blonde chick!"

Anette looked up. "Is that me." She said as gave the girl a smile. "Hey what's up." Anette pulled her blade out of the rock and let herself fall towards Mia. She landed to the ledge she was on, her knees slightly bent. She straighten up and gave the girl a two finger salute.

"I have an idea that can help us all pass. We need to work together. There's no way we can beat that guy on our own. He's obviously a very skilled hunter. We still have to finish our training." Mia explained to the girl. "Are you willing to help?"

Anette laughed a bit, "Yeah. Sounds good to me." She answered. She thought it was better than what they were doing now. Plus no one would get kicked away for losing. It was the perfect plan, surely it would be hard for the cloaked man to fight all of them if they work together.

"Alright, can you help talk to the others, I need to think of a plan..." She said. Mia bit her lip as she thought of something. They needed to distract the man then maybe somebody would... Or maybe...

"Alright. I can do that." She said. She looked around, the closest person to her was Nigel. He didn't know anything so she figured he would go along with what ever they had planed just to get out of all of this. She made her way to him somehow jumping around on cliffs. "Hey. We are going to work together. You in?" She asked him giving him one of the most sincere looks and smile she could give to tempt him to say yes.

Ren used his aura and blasted upwards in such a force that he was way up high for a few seconds. He mustrered up some aura again and swiped his sword, sending an energy blast that sped like a blade hurtling toward the hooded man. Ren was a hunter at heart anyway, the man never said he shouldn't die. The others were going after the man too, and his aura-blade missed. He cursed and fell, shooting a green crystal to blast a smokescreen at them. Heightening his senses, he glowed slightly red-orange. He charged into the cloud.

Kyra glanced around before her eyes settled on the faunus. A small frown caused her eyebrows to slop inwards. The girl looked like the most beat up out of them so far. Kyra ran over and tapped the girls shoulder before quickly backing out of swinging distance.

"Hey, some of us are planning on working together." She tilted her head, eyes scanning over the panting girl. "Want in on it?" Before you bust your shoulder up more than you already have? She finished the last of her question silently in her mind.

Lifira grunted. "Fine, but this doesn't mean I'm not beating the crap out of all of you for the pendant when we catch him!"

She slowed her pace, letting the others catch up. She hated doing that.

Mia noticed Ren and ran up to him. "Hey! Over here!" She jumped up next to him and knelt down. "I have a plan to take down that man. We need to work together to make it work." She said quickly. "Are you with us?"

Ren almost stumbled in his haste to change directions but was able to stop because he sensed Mia coming. He caught himself with his sword then with all the speed he could use, he swung his arm, aligning the sword to Mia's throat. It was his automatic response when hunting: kill. He was breathing hard, full of adrenaline and practically spat "What the fuck!"

"You wanna team up? With me?" his grip on his sword didn't falter as he spoke.

Kyra refrained from snorting at the faunus.
"Sure, you can try taking all of us out afterwards." She said, a small wry smile playing over her lips as she spoke. She inclined her head back at Mia. "Go talk to her for details." She glanced over to see what their adversary was doing at the moment. Surely he wasn't going to let them all run around and chat, was he?

The water wall suddenly stopped and the rock he was standing on dropped into the sea. The man himself was standing patiently at another ledge, now with his staff parted into a big, three staffed Nunchaku.
He didn't seemed to be worried about their planning, but watched them anyway to make sure he wouldn't get surprised with a back attack.

"With everyone! Now let's all get together so he doesn't hear us too well! We need to do something if we want to win this." Mia said, looking around at the others. She nodded to Kyra, waiting for her and the others to get up to her.

Kyra joined the growing group of students next to Mia. And to think this was the quiet girl on the transport yesterday... Look at her going and taking charge. The long haired girl thought with mild amusement, a small smirk flashing over her lips the only evidence of her thoughts.