DuoG0ds

• Thread starter camolot the creator
  • Start date
I arrived through the doors steps behind Knight, and was relieved to see that nothing was on fire. yet.
Elexion frowned deeply at the soldier manning the communications array, then gave his orders. "send them a message on all bands saying that they are cleared for a landing on pad 01." He turned from the comm officer, directing his attention towards another soldier. "Activate the auto-dock sequence on Pad 01 and guide them in."
I walked over next to Knight. "see, your panic was unjustified; these people are professionals, though I doubt that comm officer will be here much longer." I gave Knight a withering glance. "you really should have told me about the craft. If you had, I would have been able to flag it as friendly and this whole mess could have been avoided."

Knight nodded "well I was going to then, I...forgot to." Knight said. "Anyway I'm heading to Pad 01" and knight left the room. As he got to the entrance he noticed two soldiers guarding it. Knight gave the a quick nod and asked them to open the door. Knight began to think about how he refused to get a identification code. They opened the door, although he couldn't see there faces behind the helmets, knight believed he had met one of them before. Knight walked to the starship Tranquillity.

The blast doors opened and out came his troops. One by one, they walked in there respective custom battle armors. There were 7 in total. 7? Knight asked himself there are only 6 stationed on Tranquillity. Knight did a double count, still he counted 7. "Count off" knight yelled
"Black 1" the first yelled
"Chance 2" the seconed yelled
"Cinder 3" the third yelled
"Xain 4" the forth yelled
"Project 5" the fifth yelled
"Hart 6" the sixth yelled
"Jane A.I.S.U.4.7" the seventh said in a robotic voice.

Knight nodded, a stealth AI drone unit was the extra on the ship. Just as knight thought he was out of the woods a eighth voice appeared. "Knight 8" it said knight looked up to see familiar black armor glittering in the light. It was the armor of the Valkyrie. The armor, if it could be called that, left little to the imagination. "Hi dad" she said
"Elena my girl how have you been" knight said
Elena ran up to knight and gave him a big hug.
Knight spoke "I thought you were still doing that 500 year tour thorough purgatory?"
"I am still doing my tour through purgatory. I have a few years of shore leave." Elena said, then she felt the presence of creator and elexion and said "uncle creator uncle lexion." And she ran towards them.

Last edited:
I grinned. "hey, El, how are you? Valkyries treating you well?"
Elexion attempted to mutter something about duty and his soldiers, carefully stepping back as he did, but before he could enact his plan to run to greener pastures that involved much less socializing for the sake of socializing I slung my arm around his shoulders and just about dragged him to the center of the exchange, grinning as widely as I could the whole while; watching Elexion flounder in casual situations was entertaining to say the least, and he had had far too little time outside of a military environment as it was.
"If Eliza was here-" Elexion murmured to me.
"If Eliza was here, she'd HELP me." I murmured back.

Knight gave a loud laugh, "sense she isn't here I guess I can help you" knight said to creator then gave elexion a quick wink. He placed his hand on Elenas head, "now quit annoying, creator and elexion"

Knight gave a quick cough and thrusted his hand out towards the strike team. "My I introduce you gentlmen to my personal commando unit Arc, and my favorite ship in my arsenal tranquility" he said like a tv show salesman. The A.I. drone Jane said in her surprisingly femine human voice "but wait there's more". Knight quickly did a double take, did she just make a joke.

Knight not wanting to be outdone by a robot he made, used his powers and summoned a warlord shotgun from his personal armory. His arms shifted slightly downward as the quarter of a ton weapon filled his hands. He held out the weapon for creator to take. "And act now it will come absolutely free, just pay shipping and handling." He said

with Elexion secured and at a low flight risk for the moment, I released him, then crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow. "only shipping and handling? What with the size of that thing, i imagine that said shipping-and-handling costs are somewhere in the quadruple digits."
as I finished the comment, i noticed a small envelope icon appear in the corner of my HUD. Elexion twitched slightly, and i watched as a message scrolled across his glasses, the expression of relief evident on his face. curious, i tapped a sensor in the arm of my glasses and quickly read through the message, the reason for Elexion's relief, as well as the quick exit he was now attempting to make, became plain; Elexion had set up a reminder for himself and a message for us about a briefing he was to supervise. HU briefings were typically where any and all relevant information was released to the people in question, as well as assets made available. personally, I now wanted to know exactly what assets Elexion was opening up for us, my first guess involving the Theta.
"hey, Knight? let's head off to this briefing thing, alright?" before Elexion could succesfully get away, i slung my arm around his shoulders again and brought him back to the rest of the group. "why are you in such a hurry? there'll be plenty of time in the elevator to actually talk to people not under your command!" Elexion practically wilted.

A devilish grin slowly appered on Knights face. In a coy voice knight said "in fact would you mind showing them around?" Knight asked. His soldiers reading the tone in knights voice all begain to smile and ask "will you".

Unable to remove the smile that had already formed upon his face begain to say "most of there personalitys are like Recon or me." Knight said.

I watched as an expression of pure horror slowly spread across Elexion's face as he realized exactly what Knight wanted to do. Just as his eyes began darting around, searching for a quick exit point from the dreaded nightmare of socializing, I snapped out my hand and grabbed his shoulder.
"He would be happy to show them around; as the highest ranking officer present, i would even go as far as to say it's his DUTY to." I then gave Elexion a push towards the elevator. He hesitated for a moment, but my use of the word 'duty' got to him, and he relented, giving me a backwards glance that would have made a battleship balk. In return, I made sure to give him one of my most enraging grins, coupled with a "go on' hand gesture.
"you really enjoy doing that, don't you?" Jack commented, crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow.
"oh, boy, do I!" I replied.

"Sometimes it's just to easy" knight said with a big smile, as the strike force forced them selves through the elevator door. "So what's the meeting about?"

I stuck my hands in my pockets and sighed. "the meeting's probably about resources and assets, particularly the ones that Elexion is going to issue us as a sign of HU support of our mission." I glanced upwards, where the Theta was stationed in low orbit and visible even from here on the ground. "If I have to guess, I'd say that Elexion actually held up assets to issue to us, namely the Theta, and gathered them into one place for easy deployment. we'll probably get the full crew compliment and equipment of any combat cruiser class vessel and then some; HU is not sparing when it comes to potential issues like this, especially when the mission itself has my personal backing. HU might be big and they might be powerful, but they're still smart in spite of it." with that, I turned towards the stairwell, seeing as the elevator had just left. Halfway there, I stopped and glanced towards Knight. "If you have any specific requests of equipment, crew or assets, I suggest that you make them at the meeting, when requests will be fulfilled instantly, without the usual delay involved with moving said assets around first."