DUNGEON CRAWL! - Stylized Adventure Fantasy

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Wait, what?" Billy looked over at Rue and Gabriel, "Oh COME ON."
"Told you it wouldn't be easy. What is it this time?"
"It's the worm monsters."
"Huh, that was surprisingly fast. Well, nothing to do but stab it to death."
Billy trotted over to the worm, plunging his blade straight down into its flesh.

Rasa doesn't hesitate, dashing up towards Rue and the hyaloid. Lacking a better idea, she simply assists Gabriel in trying to pry the thing off, using her robotic strength to her advantage.

As Rue slashed away at a clump the sound of her sword cutting through the plant matter was accompanied by the sound of hissing. Out from the roots can a wide jaw filled with fanged teeth. As its mouth closed, its face revealed six blinking eyes. It was a hyaloid. Its body gracefully shifted to the left of Rue as it gradually curled around her.
"Infernal beast!" She shouted trying to step on it's tail her legs were wrapped. "Get this blasted thing off me!" She gave a short gasp as she felt something sharp enter her gut and blood pour down her leg. "Billy. I think you stabbed...a trifle too..deeeep."

Gabriel continued using his crowbar, "Oh I'm trying! And you got hurt? That isn't good..." Gabriel continued using his crowbar to pry the thing off.

The part of the hyaloid Billy cut off falls onto the ground and squirms a bit before stopping. As that happens, Gabriel with Rasa's assistance, was able to pry the hyaloid away like a strand of spaghetti. That was until it latched onto the halfling with its slightly shorter bleeding body. Two more hyaloids appeared in response to the other's screams and the sound of fighting. One grabs onto Billy and the other onto Rasa, constricting tightly.

And Gabriel was quickly latched on by the other Hyaloid. "Gah, listen babe I know I like groupies! But this is taking it a bit further, I don't even know your name!" Gabriel tried to squirm out of the hyaloid's grasp. "Sure I can understand your desire to love the Halfling Bard, I understand. But there will be plenty of Halfling to g- Okay, that wasn't the phrasing I was looking for..." Gabriel did the only thing that really seemed to make sense at this time... and hopefully wouldn't kill him early. He had to woo the beast! This totally had no chance to backfire, and at the very least would stall for time.

"We art no strangers to the concept of amore/
Thou know the path of engagement and so do I/
A full commitment which includes the dowry as per the culture is what I am musing of/
Thou would'st not get this particular treatment from any other male of a reputable standing/"

Last edited by a moderator:
The hyaloids began to squeeze harder as the two trying for Rasa and Billy begin opening their mouths. They squirm up to the top of the two individual's heads to begin trying to eat them. The one around Gabriel simply squeezed harder, however, before its collapsed from blood loss.

Rasa angles her palms towards the inside of the thing's mouth. Opening it like that had been a mistake for the creature, and Rasa's combat routines weren't going to pass one of those up.

White light surged down both of Rasa's arms, burning the creature where it came into contact with it. But that wasn't what she was trying to do. The light was pooling at the end of Rasa's arms, building up to form a sphere of energy. The whole process didn't take too long, but Rasa waited slightly before taking the shot, making sure she was in the right position to land it squarely in the thing's insides. When she's got a clear shot, Rasa fires the attack. The ball of energy spins off into the beast, trailing light as it sails down the thing's throat. And then it slams into the thing's insides, blasting into the thing with a small but brilliant explosion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Billy let out a gasp as the worm-thing coiled around him, Billy's sword trapped against his thigh. He looked at the maw above him, and saw there was only one way out of this.
He wrenched his blade backwards, using his leg as a fulcrum. Billy let out a cry of pain as the steel bit deep into his flesh, but so did the beast.
"Trust me-", the boy said through gritted teeth, "-this hurts me more than it hurts you."

The hyaloids were indeed hurt more than Billy was, Rasa's hyaloid practically blown to bits. The serpent that had Billy in its grasp relinquished its grip, falling to the ground. Out of the sword wound, something glowed faintly.

Rasa would probably be stopping to catch her breath or gather her bearings right now. If she wasn't a robot, at least. Instead, she takes a look around the area, making sure no one else was still in danger. "Is everyone alright?"

Gabriel did not respond, at all. He and the Hyaloid appeared to share the same fate, as both were unconscious. The Hyaloid from blood-loss, and Gabriel was unconscious due to the power of the Hyaloid Groupie Hug. He laid in a still position, with the Hyaloid around him, also in a still position.

"Well, looks like the halfling got knocked out." James said, prodding him with his foot. "More work for us then."
He turned, and began digging through more roots.

"He is just temporarily deactivated, correct? We don't need to help him right now?" Rasa questions, looking at Gabriel.

Billy plunged his had deep into the wound, feeling around for the glowing object. His leg was bleeding, yeah, but that could wait.

As Billy reached out throught the wound in the hyaloid, he felt something hard. Pulling it out, it was about the size of a fist. A glwoing slightly blue crystal.

"Ah! Remarkable!" Gyver ran over to Billy. "With this I can finally finish it. Now, let's head back to the lab."

"Wha- no!", Billy said exasperatedly, "We have to get mister Gabriel and miss-", his leg gave out as he tried to stand, "-Ah! M-missus Rue somewhere safe!"

"I am afraid I lack the necessary medical procedures to assist you two, but I could carry someone to safety." Rasa comments, looking between Billy and Gabriel.

Rue slumped against the wall, eyes glassy. "It's okay Billy, it's just a gut wound, this would take weeks to kill someone, I just need some sutures.." She pushed herself off the wall, holding one hand against her bleeding gut. "First thing's first though. I have a client to protect." She marched over to Gabriel and brought her foot down on his hyaloid's head.

The party soon returned to Gyver's hut with the crystal and an unconcious halfling. Gyver took some sort of dropping tool and dripped some kind of chemical over the crystal. He took a large metal ball and pressed it against the crystal. It soon vanished, reappearing on a table.Gyver nodded his head before handing the crystal over to the party.

"Here" he said "I have no use for it. You lot will probably utilize its abilities much more than I ever could. Thank you. You can keep the dog too."

Status
Not open for further replies.