Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Transgender
Genres
Yuri, Magical Girl, High Fantasy, Sci-fi, Ray-gun Gothic, Mecha, Steam punk. Scifi Apocalyptic,
It was a fairly normal night, or perhaps closer to morning than night, and though many people were having dreams as school was set to start up again the next day, several girls were having one much worse...
Robin would jolt into what seemed wakefulness in a strange looking area, it seemed to be a twisted version of the town she lived in with seemingly random colors and additions to all the buildings, and in the center of it all was a massive many armed creature, though it seemed occupied with something else.

Robin had experienced lucid dreams before. She would recognize a strange situation, an element from reality and realize she was dreaming before controlling the events of said dream.
This was different.

She could tell that it was a dream. It had to be, but she couldn't change anything about what was in front of her. Especially the huge, terrifying creature occupied not too far away. So she did the only sensible thing.
She hid, shaking slightly and trying to stay out of its line of sight in this too-creepy-for-comfort nightmare town.

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
The creature still had not noticed her thanks to whatever it was busy trying to smash, but someone else did, and without warning someone tackled her! A girl, who looked human enough but who could tell in this weird dream?
"Oh thank god... I'm not alone here... Look, you gotta be careful... There are things here... They are like huge dogs..."
57003863_p0_master1200.jpg

Robin may look small, so most people wouldn't guess that her instinctual response to fear is fighting, not fleeing. So when she was suddenly forced nearly to the ground by a brightly colored body, it took most of her will to keep from swinging. Regardless, she stood, shaking, but in a defensive stance while facing this red-eyed little girl. She'd seen enough horror movies to assume this was just another creative piece of her nightmare, so she slowly backed away, digging her nails into her palms in the hope that she wouldn't be attacked before she finally woke up.

The girl released her after a few moments as something large stalked past.
"Okay... Sorry for doing that so suddenly... It was just about to catch you..."
The girl explained as she stood up, offering her hand to Robin.
"Hey, that won't work... I already tried it".
She declared, showing a bleeding palm as she noticed what Robin was doing.

Robin flinched back from her extended hand, but at least she knows the girl bleeds red as much as anyone else.
Rregardless, this nightmare was slowly feeling far too real. The hairs on the back of her neck stood on end.

She doesn't trust the shorter girl any more than she did, but she does loosen her fists slightly. If only to get more information. "Why? Where are we? Who are you?" Robin hissed.

"Umm.... Just call me Jay..."
She replied, hand still extended as she seemed to get nervous.
"I don't know WHERE we are... Or what's going on, I just woke up here... But I saw some other girls... They were being chased by one of those dog things".

Robin's first instinct was to help them, but her analytical mind led her down a logical train of thought, so instead she landed down at the girl's hand again and said, "I'm not going touch you of my own free will. You're just a figment of my imagination. I'm not going to reaffirm my overactive subconscious by adding another piece of psychological evidence of your existence. I'm just talking to myself. And I...am telling myself to find a goddamn way out of here," she glared. She knew it couldn't be that easy, but it was worth a try.

The girl just blinked for a moment, looking fairly confused.
"I ahh... What?... Trust me I have tried to leave already..."
The girl declared, grabbing Robin's hand and pulling her to another bit of cover with surprising strength, just as yet another dog creature stalked past.

Last edited:
Robin sighed at the girl's words and let her hands drop. As she did so, Jay grabbed one and tugged at her again, making Robin squeak when her resistance was basically futile. Okay, clearly lucidity and logic aren't the way to go. Maybe she had to give in the the concept and let the terrifying feeling that this wasn't just a dream guide her.
"Fine then. If you've already tried, then.. how else can we...get out of here?" She tried to word it so the words were best suited for a new, scarier perspective. She didn't like that it was easy. Or that she was growing more concerned about those other girls in danger by the second.

After the dog thing seemed to have passed jay stood back up again and looked around before answering.
"I do no know exactly how to get out of here... But... I am starting to think that may have SOMETHING to do with us being here".
She pointed out the massive multi armed beast, which seemed to have stopped it's random destruction.
"But before we can do anything... Let's find the others okay?"
She suggested, pointing at another area just a little further ahead.

At this point, Robin was just going to go with it. Whatever, follow the red eyed child, fine. She feels scared, but felt dissociated from it in an unnerving way. She didn't know what theory this Jay had about getting out of here, but she couldn't immediately ignore the plight of the strangers like she thought she should.
"Alright. Lead the way," she said through gritted teeth.

Last edited:
Jay did lead the way with her strange strength, practically dragging Robin into a building that actually looked somewhat like her new school, if not for the random castle like additions and the massive hole where the front gate was supposed to be.
Just inside the entrance hall were three more girls!
If Robin had paid attention at school she would note that they were one of the richer popular girls at school, the weird cat lover and the religious girl who never took part in any science lessons.

Robin huffed and though she knew she shouldn't be thinking of it from an objective perspective, she was really miffed at this character for being so...touchy. Not to mention the creepy eyes. It made sense for this kind of nightmare to make her uncomfortable and scared in more ways than one, but somehow they took an accurate route to her school. This version was disjointed and confusing, but the front gate was missing so they just walked right in to a more familiar group of people. They certainly seemed safe, and of course this particular dream would add unpleasant people in the form of an egomaniac and a regressive future nun. She didn't know anything about the third girl except that they go to the same school. Robin ignored them and turned to the creepy purple-haired one.
"So...now what?"

Before the creepy girl could speak up the rich girl took the opportunity.
"Now?! Now we get out of here... Red eye here said we could go home if we all got together..."
She declared, clearly she did NOT want to be here.
"She said that we SHOULD be able to leave... Maybe we can't?..."
The cat lover suggested before purple hair finally got a word in.
"HEY! I said we can leave but first to get everyone together... We aren't all even here... There is still that WEIRD girl somewhere and even then it won't be enough..."

"We... Still need to beat that big thing... Don't we?..."
The religious girl said quietly.
"Very good! That's EXACTLY what we need to do!"
Jay agreed.

Robin pressed her index finger and thumb against the bridge of her nose, under her glasses, rubbing the spot as she groaned. Of course her mind would gift her with the least productive group of people to accomplish a goal with. She was listening however, and didn't lose what Jay said before that one religious girl in her biology class suggested they go after a monster for whatever dumb reason.

"Why? If you know a way we can leave this place without going after some beast, start explaining. Why do we need a certain amount of people? What wouldn't be enough?" She growled, staring down at her. It was time she woke up already.

Jay stayed calm as she took a deep breath to explain.
"Well, firstly... This is NOT a dream.. Well, it kinda is but not exactly, you can get hurt here, and there are rules, like to leave, you all need to be together... And NORMALLY that would be enough... But that giant THING is somehow blocking everything!"
Jay explained as the other girls looked on in shock, horror or disbelief.

Robin blinked. She let out a slow breath and looked up at the familiar ceiling. "What the hell did I eat before I went to bed?" she wondered aloud, speaking in a deadpan monotone and honestly pondering what she could have consumed or been exposed to before sleeping that would have this much of an effect on her dreams.

"Umm... How do we fight that thing?..."
The quiet religious girl asked, as quietly as ever.
"Yeah! I mean, it's kinda HUUUGE! And we are kinda small!"
Cat girl agreed.
"Hmmm... Good point... Well... I suppose I should teach you this now! I am sure you all know what a magical girl is?"
She asked before suddenly being engulfed in light, and emerging a few seconds later.

Yep..just...going with it. Okay. She winced at the bright light and blinked a bunch, not surprised at the outfit change...or anything at all at this point. A dancing flower could show up to impale them with candles and Robin would not be remotely shocked.
"I assume the meaning is in the name," she sighed.