Dragons?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I'M CALLING PEOPLE OUT HERE. @daird, I think you might want to reference the previous pages and the agreements on magic.

Probably. Too bad that it fell apart, but eh, the past is the past.

@ All the people! I will be starting the first post to this plotline tonight, and I'll be linking the thread here as well. Stay tuned for the brilliance of our collaborative efforts

@The Philosoraptor

If you were talking about my character's use of magical items, you allowed in Oto's character, who also uses them. I can't see anything else you might have been referring to.

You should probably not expect a post until later into the break. At earliest, I would say the end of the week. I'm trying to get a post into Lykaon's supernatural RP, and that'll take a bit of time, what with catching up with other people's posts, and then I can start here.

I believed we weren't using any sort of magic for the dragons as they weren't born of it.

Quoting from Oto
There is no dragon born magic or very little due to species wide extinction event of over hunting.

I believed we weren't using any sort of magic for the dragons as they weren't born of it.

Quoting from Oto
This is the reason I am using basic or first born magic. Firstborn magic only has three instinctual spells and Phantasms are legendary items. Both areas have are severely limited usage without overuse or recoil.

Dear T-Rex-in-the-Sky, the nerdgasm has begun...

Name: Shade Throk

Sex: Male

Dragon style: Western, Black Dragon

Breath type: Flame, Dark Blue

Height: 25ft

Weight: 1990lbs

Wing span: 62ft

Wing style: Two wings, single pair

Personality: Like most dragons, Shade has a low opinion of humans. He is also a ruthless tactician, using anything he can analyze to his advantage to help him achieve his own goals, and has a charismatic persona strong enough to lead a large number of dragons. After the extinction of his species, Shade became conservative of his people's behavior; carrying out natural traditions and behaviors of his ancients through stories and the blood memory of dragon history. He has no kin to speak of from being born a single hatchling, and he only had parents for a week after his birth leaving him to prefer the life of seclusion. However, Shade may seem to prefer isolation he has a deep seated want for company.

Strengths and Weaknesses: Shade is a uniquely designed creature of stealth and assault. He is bold and cunning like a panther, along with his wisdom of battle and expertise in tactics he is a lethal opponent in battle. His kind carry on the memories of their ancestors, parents, and kin in their blood allowing them to see what they saw years ago and relive their memories through dreams or simple thoughts. They can remember the slightest of details from centuries ago of their ancestors' past lives. They can use it to educate themselves in new techniques, or discover secrets long hidden.

He utilizes his superior speed and precision for quick fire strikes from above, or in mid-air battles from all over, in order to keep his opponent guessing. His smooth, jet-black feathers cover up his black scales as a slippery cover that both helps him scuffle in close quarter combat and enhances his speed in flight. The shading overlay across his scales helps him camouflage in most dark areas, especially at night were he can be rendered nearly invisible. His large spikes scuttled across most of his body are utilized for defense rather than offense due to their size. He usually uses his tail to swipe at his enemies, and when faced with close quarters his arms and legs prove to be his most valuable asset. His arms and legs have a height of 10ft, giving him exceptional grapple ability reach and stature.

Shade is not known for social ability often and while he is a capable leader, he does not have many allies. He finds dragons not of his kind to be untrustworthy and views them lowly, therefore leaving him out numbered should he find himself in a melee. While flexible and adaptive, he's built mostly for damage and speed rather than defense. If an opponent can manage to pin him down or outrun him, all that's left is his offense.

Unique characteristics:
  • Blue Firebreath
  • Most of Shade's body is scale, fur, and feather compared to most dragons. Each coat is think and adds on to his coma flounce ability. A pattern off earners take on a ghostly glow when he breathes it.
  • They have long arms and legs for grappling and mannuevering along the ground in tight spaces. His agility and ground behavior mimics that of a big cat, or wolves.
  • Where most dragons have horns and spiked crests, Shade has antlers and feathers.
  • Shade is not a nocturnal beast, but the dark of night seems to be his ally and therefore, he uses it to his advantage as his eyes can see just as clear at night as they are in the day time.

Description:
shadow_dragon_vaydren_by_sylvarant_cross-d7baik9.png

History:
The black dragon is a rare and unseen dragon. It's lightning speed and impeccable aim is all man need know of these beasts to judge the danger of their nature. While never seen, it's tendencies to mostly strike at night and blend with the shadows give hints as towards type. They are unpredictable and will always go for the kill, as local human lore has listed.

Not many a man has encountered the 'Night Wing' and survived to tell the tail. Most have either been fatally wounded or driven mad from the traumatic experience. Some have even deemed these beasts to be demons rather than dragons. Beware the Night Wing, and woe to those who feel it safe to travel before dawn.

Miscellaneous:

Last edited by a moderator:
It was fantastic X3

Sorry but the computer's been fried and I won't be able to post till Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.