Dragons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any plots they can think of?

And, are we going to use a character sheet or not?
This is a bit hard without character sheets and the stats that will govern the game.

True that, well... I think we are waiting on BittyKitty for that stuff since this is their original Idea.

Late to the party. Maybe interested.

• Are dragons mortal, as in they have set life spans, or are they immortal?
  • What sort of society and ideals do they have?
  • How intelligent are they, and can they communicate with other creatures?
  • What sort of other creatures exist in the world?
  • Is there any magic to be spoken of, and can dragons use it?
  • Are dragons demonized by the whole world, or only by certain societies?
  • How diverse in appearance are they, and how big do they get?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Otonashi Yuzuru
Please, Me, don't tell me that I just killed this thing. I didn't even post on the IC!

From what we've discussed, I'd say that we're likly dealing with a medium-small to lower end large in terms of size. Also the dragons are highly intelligent based off of larger brain, and that we're controlling them as our avatars. The dragons will likly be mortal but as reptiles of this size will probably have ridiculously large life spans from young 1-100 yrs or elders of close to a 1000yrs. The human lore doesn't call us daemons or such but humans hunt us for title and glory.
In the appearance department wyverns, western and winged eastern dragons are acceptable. You may use most any appearances from bones plates scales or the such. One to two sets of wings is advised, and no basalisk, hyrdas or other dragonoids. There is no dragon born magic or very little due to species wide extinction event of over hunting. Breath weapons are allowed in classic dragon types: fire, water, wind, poison, acid, ice and maybe thunder. No sub elements like energy, plasma or metal.

sounds good to me

Last edited:
From what we've discussed, I'd say that we're likly dealing with a medium-small to lower end large in terms of size. Also the dragons are highly intelligent based off of larger brain, and that we're controlling them as our avatars. The dragons will likly be mortal but as reptiles of this size will probably have ridiculously large life spans from young 1-100 yrs or elders of close to a 1000yrs. The human lore doesn't call us daemons or such but humans hunt us for title and glory.
In the appearance department wyverns, western and winged eastern dragons are acceptable. You may use most any appearances from bones plates scales or the such. One to two sets of wings is advised, and no basalisk, hyrdas or other dragonoids. There is no dragon born magic or very little due to species wide extinction event of over hunting. Breath weapons are allowed in classic dragon types: fire, water, wind, poison, acid, ice and maybe thunder. No sub elements like energy, plasma or metal.
Maybe we should just stick with fire, frost, and poison. Maybe wind. All are easy enough to explain. Frost could be for dragons in the north, where fire is generally ineffective as a weapon, and could simply be a variant venom that paralyzes prey rather than actually freezes (unless you want to go that route). Poison is for dragons in a tropical or temperate, tree-covered environment where fire breath is extremely impractical (otherwise the whole forest burns down), and instead acts as an incredible acid. Wind... Maybe a universal weapon, maybe intended to be non-lethal, where the dragon simply exhales without any special thing. And for fire, you could say venom sacs drip down, where they are ignited by a spark formed either by rocks collected in a special pouch or two special fangs designed for the job. If you really wanted to go with water, I would say that either the water is collected in a special section of the body and exhaled in a powerful jet, or, for underwater tasks, is mixed with venom to form a highly dangerous, aquatic acid. No idea how you could do thunder, unless you wanted to go the route of The Force Unleashed II, where they simply redirect naturally formed lightning.

Just throwing ideas out there. Another question: Do appearances and natural traits change with the environment? Using an arboreal environment as an example, a dragon that naturally dwells in the area would likely have evolved into a smaller form to make travel under the trees easier, and maybe developed some sort of camouflage, like actual chameleon or shaded green scales.

Agree, the breath weapons would be more practical this way as well as being versatile. Also yes environment would affect size and traits. However at this point there would be so few of us that the point would be well pointless. We would have been driven out of our natural environment and forced to cooperate as some of the few remaining of our species. And let's face it we all would blame human over hunting seeing as do to being, pardon my French, big fucking reptiles, we don't reproduce fast. We would benefit from a variety of sub-species and types to boost our survival chance. I'm mostly waiting for the CS but I have my OC set once we have a starting plot.

Same deal, just waiting on the CS though I like all that has been covered.

I'll give it a week before I ditch. If worst comes to worst would anyone pick the RP up or no?

If Kitty doesn't show, I'll pick up the RP and make damn sure we get this going. It is way too awesome to let fall through

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
If Kitty doesn't show, I'll pick up the RP and make damn sure we get this going. It is way too awesome to let fall through

Good. Now we wait........

I spy with my little eye, something black.

Idk, i might take over sooner than that if people want me too

Alright peoples, lets get this party started. Firstly a character sheet so we can have a legit place to see our characters and the I'd like to see what everyone else would like for a story.

------
Character Sheets

Name:
Sex:
Breath type:
Height:
Weight:
Wing span:
Wing style:
Personality:
Strengths and Weaknesses:
Unique characteristics:
Description: Pictures welcome of course
History:
Miscellaneous: (Any thing you feel needs to be covered or noted for others character)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.