Dragon Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
She looked up at that statement. What the fuck was wrong with this guy? "I didn't save your ass just to watch you get killed." Allira usually had a good grip on her temper. But this guy just... ugh. "I don't know why the hell I didn't just let him kill you. But don't make me regret my decision. And for the record, your family killed mine first."

"You're a hunter. Its what you do." He replied. "And my family never killed anyone. We were just a peaceful little family living in the woods, when some bastard came up and murdered my father. If my mother hadnt dragged me away, we would have been killed too, by that hunter's pint-sized accomplice." He gave her a hard look. "All you people ever do is call us evil, tell us we're monsters, but if you want the truth, most of us just want to live in peace. We're being hunted down and slaughtered like pigs for things we never even did. We're not a bad race, Allira. We just have bad individuals, just like you. Dont condemn a whole race because of the actions of a few."

Allira remained to look calm although her blood was boiling. She could feel the heat of her eyes rising. It's been known to glow in several occasions. "I was trained to kill. It's the only thing I've ever known. I've never known how it is to have parents or a family because you pure-blooded dragons couldn't stand the thought of humans having your blood in their veins. We lived peacefully too. Until your kind came and killed every single one of us. The people from the Circle saved us and nurtured us. Letting us know how the dragons had slaughtered every single person of our kind. Who's the monster now?"

Anger rose in him as well, a bitter laugh escaping. "They have brainwashed you well, havent they? We dont hate humans. We never killed your people. An old clan that is probably long gone now killed the Elders of your people long ago. Your people had the ability to kill dragons, where so many could not, so your people decided to blame us for that murder. They told their children the lie you now know, and trained them as killers and sent them off in the world to murder the ones who had been their friends and family for generations. They manipulated their children into believing a lie, and congratulations, its worked miracles. Give it a few more years, and you will be the cause of the extinction of my people." He raised his arms by his side. "And look at me, a worn down, beaten dragon under the nose of your friendly neighborhood dragon hunter. I'll be part of that extinction, Allira, one way or another, and it'll probably be sooner rather than later." He let his hands drop, and with them, some of the heat fell from his voice. "So just leave me here or something, and I'll figure something out. If you're found here with me by another hunter, they'll hurt you too and," he shook his head, "its ridiculous, and stupid, but I dont want you to be hurt."

"You're lying." Allira fought the bitter tears that threatened to fall from her eyes. It was impossible. It couldn't be. The Circle would never lie to them! "You're lying. And had you the strength to kill me now or two days ago, you would have. Just as your people have killed mine." Her mind was reeling but everything made sense. It could be possible. But... holy hell. "I don't believe you. You're lying. Everything you're saying is a lie."

Ryo sighed, all his anger disappearing He looked straight at Allira, his expression completely open. "Could I honestly lie to you about something like that? What reason would I have to lie? Besides, even if I could kill you, Why havent I done so already? Why didnt I do it when I was in my dragon form, and you were right there? All it would have taken is a paw, or even my tail. I dont want to hurt you, Allira, I never have."

"Did you forget that the only thing I've ever known my whole life was to kill dragons? I could've easily dodged your attacks and killed you myself. But no, I chose to point my arrow at a hunter. I stabbed him with his own knife. I came back for you and saved your life." Allira started pacing, her head in a mess. "I should just go back to the Circle, accept my punishment and die. I've killed one of my kind for a dragon." She shook her head in disbelief. How the hell did her life turn out like this?

He shook his head. "I dont know how to convince you, just know that my words are true. All of Dragonkind know the truth. Maybe someday you'll believe me." He set his dishes on the floor and layed back on the bed, turning away from her and trying to get some more rest. He didnt know what would happen after this, his mind kept telling him that his days were numbered, but he refused to believe that she'd hurt him. She hadnt already. He just hoped she was smart enough to figure out the truth, he knew she was more than capable.

She took the dishes he set on the floor and went straight out the door. There was only one bed in the cottage. Not that she was sleepy anyway. Allira sat back on the same spot she sat in the afternoon. She watched as the moon hung low over the horizon, the ocean in a silent hum. Strange how it was currently the exact opposite of her situation. Hunters would be out looking for her and Ryo. She's not very sure how long it would take for them to find them here but she's not very keen on finding out. She decided she'd leave tomorrow at daybreak. Having Ryo around her was not a very good idea; he was a liability, she convinced herself. He was making her question everything she's ever believed in, everything she's ever known. And now the only world she knew off is out hunting for her.

Ryo was just about to fall asleep when he remembered a scroll his mother had shown him long ago. A scroll from the dark times, one that told the truth. He bolted upright in bed, hissing in pain a little bit. She had hidden it in his cave. He knew that could convince her. He pushed himself to his feet, determination overpowering his pain. He made it to the door and swung it open, leaning against the door frame Sweat glistened on his forehead. "I can do it." he breathed. "I know how to convince you of the truth. Please let me show you. Its in a safe place, impossible to find. Will you come?"

She was shaken out of her reverie when he suddenly slammed the door open. He was obviously exerting himself too much. "What?" A part of her brain understood what he was saying but another part didn't. "W-what? You're... Okay. Okay. Fine." Although a part of her is warning her not to trust him. What if it was set-up? But then again, would being killed by dragons really be more awful by getting killed of her own kind? "I'll go with you."

He sagged with relief. "Thank you, thank you." He looked back at the cottage, then to her again. "Do you have a map of the area? It might be a long drive, so leaving immediately would be the best idea."

"Ryo," she started, worry etched in her face. "Your body won't be able to make it. You barely even made it here alive."

He shook his head. "Just show me a map. I need to see how far it is. Then I'll judge if I'll be able to make it or not." He knew she had a point, even moving vertical made him want to go curl up in a hole and never come out again. It hurt like hell, but this was more important to him than his state of being. "Please."

Allira didn't give up easily. But him exerting himself like this didn't do anybody good. She stood up from where she was sitting, half-running towards the cottage. "Okay, okay. Calm down. Please, sit down." She said she was entering and pushing him towards the bed. "Let me get it, jeez." She took out the map which she had gotten from a tourist place and gave it to him.

Ryo practically fell back onto the bed. He closed his eyes for a second, pushing away the beginnings of a nasty migraine and took the map from her. He pulled it open, found London, and from there he found where his cave was. He looked out the windows of the cottage, taking in any clues he could on where they were. He had grown up in these woods, and knew them quite well. After a minute he went back to the map, searched for a moment, and placed his finger on the location he believed them to be. "Is this where we are?" he asked her, glancing up for a moment. "If so, we're actually not too far from my cave. It would be about a half a day's walk, at most. Easily doable."

She looked at him like he was batshit crazy. Actually, he probably was. "You're batshit crazy. You can barely even manage to get to the door, how do you expect to walk for a whole day?"

He ran a hand through his hair, cursing the bullet and all the damage it had done to his body. He hated being this weak and helpless. Even being in the cottage, he was uneasy. He wanted to be somewhere he knew that was closed-off and safe. His cave was the only place he knew that fit that criteria, and he wasnt going to let this injury stop him, not if he wanted to get better. He ran a hand through his dark ruffled hair, thinking. If she had come even a moment later, he knew that the damage from the bullet would have killed him. Even now, if he pushed too hard... things could turn bad quickly. Then a thought occurred to him. He looked at Allira. "You're descended from dragonkind, yes? Are you still able to transform?"

Allira looked at him with anger burning in her eyes before she quenched it. "You know well enough that is the main reason your kind killed mine. We are so far off in the dragon line that we could no longer go to our dragon form." She closed the door with a loud bang, settling herself in the creaky old dining chair, grabbing a weapon to clean off nonexistent dirt.

Ryo sighed, he'd walked right into that one. He glanced at the door, shaking his head. He just wanted thing to go back to how they'd been a couple days ago. He set the map aside and layed down. The yelling match and then the abrupt trip to the door had left him drained, and within seconds he was sound asleep. This time, his dreams once more showed him that little girl in the forest he'd saved all those years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.