Dragon Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allira looked behind her and found Ryo running. "Hey," she called out. He looked like he'd just seen a ghost. "You look like you could use a drink, wanna go get some?" Allira somehow didn't mind Ryo's company. She'd go running with him but she'd had enough physical activity last weekend. He probably knows some good places around to get something to eat. She might as well learn where to get something decent to eat around here.

He paused and looked back at her. "That. Is a wonderful idea," he replied, joining her. "I know a wonderful bar and grill not far from here." He led them to a smallish building a few blocks away. On the front read Allegro's Bar and Grill. He opened the door for her, allowing her to go in first. The inside sported two different sections, one side covered in tables. The restaurant for anyone who didnt want to be in the other side: the bar. Ryo steered them towards the bar and found a table set a bit aside from the rest and claimed it as their own. Since it was still early, the room wasnt terribly busy and a waiter came over almost immediately, asking for their drink orders. "Strongest thing you've got," Ryo told him.

Allira looked at Ryo with an interested eye. He seems very excited to drink. Then she remembered the first time she saw Ryo. Maybe inviting him for a drink wasn't a good idea after-all. But they're already here. Might as well. "Your most-ordered food and a beer." Then she faced Ryo. "So how was your trip?"

He looked up from rubbing his face. The nightmare was fading, but the memories and emotions it had dredged up were not. He smiled lightly at her. It lacked the same level of warmth it had the last time they'd talked. "It was great actually, very refreshing. Wish I could go back," he muttered under his breath. "What about you? How have classes been going? You adjusting well?" He asked as the waiter brought them their drinks. Ryo took a long chug of his.

"Yeah, it's fine. Just gotta get used to 'em English accents is all," she joked, trying to liven up his mood. She wasn't even sure why she was attempting to, she's never been good with people anyway. She grabbed her beer and took a sip. She wasn't fond of the taste of beer but she's had worse. Allira wanted to ask what caused him distress if he's had such a good weekend but thought better of it. It was none of her business to be prying on his life. "Are you always this enthusiastic about drinking?"

He chuckled. "It doesnt take long to get used to, dont worry." He took another drink of whatever kind of alcohol they'd brought him. He didnt really care. He could feel it burn down his throat and into his stomach, and could practically feel it starting to effect his system, and in the process push away those unpleasant things. He knew the relief was only temporary, and that it would all ocme back once he was sober, but he didnt care. Right now, it helped. He looked down at his bottle when she asked him. "Usually? No. Only when... something happens." He didnt look at her as he spoke. "It helps me forget for a little bit."

It was strange, Allira thought. Here was a complete stranger in front of her, and yet, she didn't feel as if he was putting up any barriers at all. It was a strange sense of comfort and familiarity. Allira gave an un-amused laugh. "You'd like to forget? I can't even remember." She took another swig at her drink, slightly more than the last time. Her food finally came and she stared at it. It was a high stacked-up burger that was oozing with oils and other ghastly things. "Our best-seller, lass." Said the waiter as he went away.

"Yeah, I'd say. How the hell am I supposed to eat this?"

Ryo eyed the heart-attack-on-a-plate and let out an amused chuckle. "Well, I could always help you eat it," he held up a butter knife. "If it'll be able to cut it..." Ryo didnt know why, and didnt really think much of it, but being around this strange girl made him feel at ease. It helped relax him and he hardly noticed the after effects of the nightmare were gone. The familiarity he felt now, and the calm he felt, was something he had only ever felt around his own kind.

Allira laughed at the way he held the knife. "No, no. Here, let me." She took the knife away from his hand and expertly (although with some difficulty) cut the "burger" in half. But even when divided in two, the burger was still huge. But that's never stopped her from eating before. She took the bottle of ketchup, raised the top bun and spread it around burger. One thing with this girl, she loved her ketchup. On practically everything.

Ryo felt himself smiling as he watched her smother the thing in ketchup. He laughed and shook his head, then picked his up and took a bite. He actually didnt think it was that bad, greasy yes, but not terrible. He finished the burger relatively quickly, knowing he was going to regret eating such a thing later. He took another swig of his drink and peered at Allira. "So, do you have parents back home? Or are you independent?"

There was the questions. She knew they were coming. But she simply wiped her mouth with a napkin, put down the rest of the burger, and took a swig of beer. "Independent but living off my parents. Some sort of inheritance money. As for breathing family members, I've got an uncle back in the States. How about you? Family, parents, illegitimate children?" Allira joked about the last part, although she hoped he didn't have any. She shocked herself at the thought that she'd be bothered if he did turn out to have one. Damn. She took another sip from her drink before resuming on eating her half of the burger.

He laughed "No, no illegitimate children thankfully. If there was, I'm sure you would know by now. I could never leave my own kid. Ever. As for my parents, they're both gone. Pops had an... accident when I was young and Mum passed a few years later." He took another drink. "No other family that I know of. Both my parents were only children, so no extended family either." He finished his drink and set the bottle at the edge of the table for the waiter to come pick up.

Allira finished her burger. That was a little bit too much. But hey, she was a growing girl. She needed her carbs and proteins. "Hmmm. A man of honor and responsibility. Well, what else could I possibly expect from a fireman? So how did you end up in this part of town? I know for a fact that your English accent isn't around from here."

He smiled. It surprised him that she actually could tell that his accent wasnt from here. Most people just dismissed it as a speech impediment or something from some remote place they didnt know or couldnt remember. In all actuality, his accent was from the Ancient Times. Dragons could live for ages, and his parents had been old. Very old. They still had an accent from a time long forgotten, and his accent had come from them. There was really no way to place it. "Oh, I figured there'd be more work here than back home. I came here once when I was younger, and kinda liked it. So here I am."

Allira took note how he'd avoided the question of where he was from. She let it slip. She's not really one to talk either. If he's been here some time then he must know the right places to go to. Right places could mean right information and with right information, well, let's just say the hunter in Allira would rejoice. "Sounds rational. Considering you've been here for some time already, know any cool places to chill?"

He took a deep breath, leaning against the back of the seat. "Good places? Well... This is one, there's another bar a mile or two out that isnt bad, but I dont think you're interested in those kinds of places are you?" He asked with a laugh. "I know the parks are always popular, especially that one across from our building. There's an aquarium and a zoo somewhere apparently. I've never been so I'm not sure." He listed off a few other places that he figured normal human girls might be interested. "Those are the only places I know," he finished.

Parks? Zoos? Aquarium? Allira laughed, a real laugh. She hasn't done that in... ever. "That's cute," she chuckled a bit more before she finally stopped and called for the waiter to ask for the bill. "Take me to that bar, Ryo. And allow me to see for myself." She smirked at him, challenging him to stop her.

He grinned. He liked her already. "Alright, to the bar it is then." He led them to the bar, the same one he had gotten drunk at that first night she had seen him. "This is one of my more regular haunts," he told her. This one was just a bar. No grill or family-friendly area. Just the strong scent of booze and cigarette smoke. Their selection of drinks was quite extensive as well. They had wine, beer, rum, whiskey, nearly something of everything. A soft murmur of many voices hung like a cloud in the room, overlaying the booze and smoke.

Allira looked around the area. It looked dirty, grimy, but just the right kind if you're looking for the dirty kind of fun. It looked like the right place for getting information. One of her hunts last weekend was from this place. She tracked him up to the next block when he changed into his dragon form intoxicated. But no, Allira wasn't here to hunt tonight. She was here to have fun. HAH! who knew there could be such a thing?

They walked to the bar and Allira ordered two Kamikaze shots. It will be easier to see who knows what around the area when you're all friends under the influence of alcohol.

Ryo downed his shot happily. "Good choice," he said to Allira, as he waved his shot glass for seconds. Before he could even begin to enjoy his second shot, his cell phone buzzed in his pocket. He grumbled and pulled it out. "Oh," he said when he saw who it was. He looked at Allira. "I have to take this. Hold on a second." He dissappeared in the direction of the bathrooms, answering the phone as he did. He returned a few minutes later. "Its my boss. They need my help on this fire. Its really bad one apparently. Its probably on the news by now. I'm sorry, lets do this again sometime, ok?" He pulled out his wallet and placed some money on the counter in front of her to cover the drinks, plus some if she wanted. "See you later. Sorry again."

Status
Not open for further replies.