INTEREST CHECK Dragon Ball - Altered Degrade

Awesome !

I know I'm being a little slow but I am still >9000% up for this. I'll get a thread up soon with more information and a character sheet/signup thread as well

Take your time. I've been busy too, but I just wanted to run this by you.

I'd like to split my character concept into two relatives (siblings ?) with contrasting personalities. It'll inflate the cast a little until we get more players and let me go in two opposing directions instead of having to choose one over the other. :bsmile:

Reactions: foodforpigs
Would you mind if I joined and played a Broly-like character?

Reactions: foodforpigs
I have some questions? May I be a boss of sorts? Or used like a total wrecking ball? LOL.

Secondly, if we are going with early DBZ, in the Saiyan Saga, Vegetas max out put was 16,000. Could I be stronger than that if I do get to be a bad guy? Cause we all know the power of friendship trumps power scaling. Just a fact. xD

As a player, I would be ok with the concept of a boss character in the party as long as that character has an interesting arc, but I'll leave it to Glass to decide. It does seem like they had a primary villain in place (a transforming villain that eats alternate timelines). I haven't seen the newer Broly movie, but I can imagine you could run with a character whose powerful who nonetheless has some great obstacle to overcome as part of their arc. This is not necessarily losing themselves to berserker rage like Broly.

That being said, while I'm hopeful interest in this thread can be revived, the last posts were from last year. I don't want to give people the wrongful impression this idea is active. I don't know if it is or not.

But since you're here, have a meme.
1707886866098.png

• Love
Reactions: Winter_Bloom
I'm mostly echoing the sentiment above me:

I thought about replying too, but I can't speak for the GM. I hope it's not dead. It looks like both of us are still interested. I have no problem with a Broly-type party member. The newer Broly movie was surprisingly good. I have to admit whereas most DBZ movies are mostly alternate universe excuse plots with cool moments and animation, Dragon Ball Super movies are better written even if the series itself can get painfully dumb sometimes.

As someone who loves playing mentor-figures and "demoted boss character" concepts and being an unabashed Superman fan*, the "trick" is that the more easily your character can handle physical conflict, the more mental, emotional, or philosophical their arc or goal needs to be. The more easily my character can end a fight, the more my character's quest needs to be about something else. It's sad how many otherwise good writers don't get that and/or don't believe that others can manage that. There's also the need to have good reasons why the stronger PC doesn't just end the fight for the other PCs. That's a very valid concern to address though. Since Dragon Ball tends to involve a lot of physical conflict, and we don't have as many interested players, I plan to lean a lot more "how du I got strunger?" than usual.

(Provisionally?) Welcome aboard!

*See my signature quote. :D