Dimensions: Characters and More Info

Nevermores

Considering time/dimension travel is possible, and indeed, frequent, the primordial gods of all existence have created a race of beings whose sole purpose is to correct any irregularities in the time lines of the dimensions. So if a time traveler were to kill a man who goes on to have a significant role in history, the Nevermores would either be there to prevent such an event, or, if the time traveler was unable to be caught, one of the Nevermores would take the place of the slain man, assuming his identity, and fulfilling his role. Nevermores are the only beings besides Primordials that can easily travel between dimensions.

The Nevermores are a race of shapeshifting beasts created from the remnants of a supernova by the primordial god Solus Rex. They assume many forms, but when they are in the hunt, they go in their true form, a worm-like monstrosity that is nearly twelve feet in length.

The Null Dimension experiences attacks by the Nevermores on a semi-regular basis, as the beasts unsuccessfully correct the massive irregularity that is the Null Dimension. They rarely penetrate the Chaplain's magical defenses, and when they do, they tend to be dealt with rather quickly by the defenders of the timeless city. They are still, however, a force to be reckoned with, and can constrict, devour, and crush you without a second thought.

Nevermores in their true form
upload_2018-4-28_10-46-1.jpeg

ShadyMintyCaimanlizard-max-1mb.gif

You know, if the Chaplain expects the team to fight off these things, he should probably do something about them being unable to use their powers properly

The Chaplain: Nerfed. Nerfed. Nerfed. None of you are free from nerfs

Don't worry, you guys'll be well equipped to potentially survive most encounters with any threats.

Reactions: Ragamoofin
Anselle: Potentially?

1234206695_near%20death%20experience.gif

Accurate.

:333

Team classes tho

Offense: Sqyd, Kelkov

Defense: O'Lantern, Tessaril

Tank: Jet

Support: Anselle

I can't stop thinking about this and I'm bored so-

Anselle ☽ ☾ Synergist

Difficulty - ✰ ✰

Role: ☮ Support ☮

Passive: Synchronicity - Regains 25 HP per second when around allies at full health.

| Abilities |

Fission Fusillade: Invoking a negative stream of the Synergy Force, Anselle targets enemies and quickly disperses their life. An auto-lock ability, stream's damage increases over a period of time. Max power is reached at 5 seconds.

Fusion Field: By channeling the Synergy Force into nearby allies, Anselle generates a wide field that enhances abilities and reduces cooldown so long as allies stay within range.

Backfire: Anselle produces a brief shield of mana, any attacks that strike it are absorbed and redirected in a short-range burst. Knockback effect on enemies, nearby allies gain a temporary boost in attack power.

Primary Fire: Runes - Anselle can hold up to 8 runes at a time, each dealing a different elemental effect when cast. Elements include - Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, Storm, Crystal, Light, Dark.

Secondary Fire: Runic Barrage: Anselle casts all his runes at once, an attack capable of one-shotting an enemy if all hit.

Ultimate: One for All - With a rallying cry, Anselle assumes his role as Synergist and imparts his power upon all allies. Allies' abilities have significantly reduced cooldown and attacks are empowered greatly, HP is restored until his ult is over. Lasts 8 seconds, during this time Anselle cannot attack and is invulnerable.

"United we stand!"

So I think I've mentioned this in passing before, but for combat actions and other things which would require skill, I will be rolling a d20 to determine the success. The roll required to be successful will of course be based on the difficulty. For example, O'Lantern's attempt to hit the darkness with a scythe would be a thirty, i.e. impossible. Kelkov's attempt to talk to the darkness would be a fifteen. If you have questions about the difficulty of an action before you make a post, feel free to contact me. Just operate on a common sense difficulty basis. Doing a spinning flip of death to destroy an ancient god will be rather difficult compared to trying to jump across a ten foot ravine.

Depending on the character undertaking the action, some things will be easier for some than others. Anselle will have better luck deciphering some ancient text or persuading scholars than Sqyd would.

• Love
Oooh, so we'll be doing it like a DnD session?

He didn't know why, but something told him they weren't going to get along.

We're not even through the prologue and Anselle has already begun the Drama™

Tessaril: I-

Anselle:

mariah9_0.gif

Ignore Tessaril? *lol* Clearly you haven't noticed what's going on. Everyone is beneath Tessaril's notice! Bugs! Minions! They are the dust beneath her feet!

Anselle: back off colonizer

You know what, with so many different types of people making up the team, I can't help but wonder just whose the s t r o n g e s t of them all.

(and im bored lmao)

giphy.gif

6th:. O'Lantern: While his personality is enough for me to trust him with my life, I don't trust him with a darkling, or a scythe.

5th:. Tessaril: She doesn't seem like the type to fight much for herself, not when she has her servants to- oh right.

4th:. Sqyd: The octoling that got to a gun, fearsome.

3rd:. Kelkov: Dark magic in a realm full of darkness is a nice advantage. Just don't go chatting with shadows.

1st/2nd:. Jet & Anselle: Kinda torn here, which I imagine a lot of people feel when meeting Jet. Anselle's arguably the greatest well of power in the group, but he's young and has tons to learn about wielding his power. Meanwhile, Jet is an experienced murderess and is a gigantic panther. Best solution? Team up!

AmusingSilentIslandcanary-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Ygor's Revenge
We've got a lot of powerful magic actually now that I realize it...

(Other than Sqyd and O'Lantern, but hey, who needs magic in a place like this?)

I wonder what kind of runes Anselle could come up with in the Null Dimension though :O I'm sure there's nothing but interesting essences to tap into, and I do like the idea of Null Runes >:D

Jet @ Kelkov: come with me or die

Anselle:

giphy.gif

source.gif

Anselle's Drama Sense was tingling lmao

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
I'll get a Sqyd post up (which will also work as a sort of GM response post) sometime either tomorrow or Thursday.

Jet @ Kelkov: come with me or die

Anselle:

giphy.gif

source.gif

Anselle's Drama Sense was tingling lmao

Kelkov stepping to the dancing Daemon and inviting err'body to their doom.
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

And like the most important one...!
tenor.gif

:333~~

• Haha
Reactions: Ygor's Revenge