Detention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam sat back in his seat and placed his cards on the desk, shuffling them with expertise. This is what he did when he wasn't doing anything else, and now couldn't be a better time; it was detention, for God's sake.

Listening to the others around him, he softly hummed his favorite song.

He smiled to the small girl in response to her remark; of course his smile looked more like a smirk anyways. "Decorating your locker isn't 'art' because it didn't leave an impression on anyone. Sure you broke the rules and made it look 'pretty', but I wouldn't consider it art just yet." He replied, stifling a yawn with his large hand. Brown eyes watched the girl make crowns for the other two kids. Everett was surprised when she offered to make him one. He chuckled, a deep sound that rumbled low in his throat. "Of course! I've always wanted a flower crown. I think they're so cute and pretty. And don't you think the pink would just make my eyes pop?" He asked the most girlish voice he could muster with his already low timbre. Everett got up and lazily made his way over to the small gathering, pulling up a chair from a nearby desk and slouching against the table. "So what did you do to get in here, purple hair?" He obviously heard her introduce herself as Rowan, but he didn't bother addressing her by her proper name.

Name: Eric Stills

Height: 5"5

Personality: Eric can be a little shy at first, but once you get to know him; You soon realize that he can also be a bundle of joy, always trying to make everyone happy, though; he does have a habit of falling into peer pressure pretty easily.

Appearance: Eric isn't really all that to look at. He doesn't really try to impress anyone. He has brunette hair and big, blue eyes.

"It's funny how you think your opinion applies to all." Mosaic hummed as she worked on the flower crowns. It was fun and a lot better than just sitting there. Mosaic didn't even blink as Everett made fun of her, she'd gone through that enough times to just let it roll off her back.
Most kids just wrote her off as a weird hippie girl who got high and talked about the wonders of the earth. If they got to know her they'd realize she was quite normal, all but a bit unfiltered. "Hm, a simple no would have sufficed." Even sitting Everett towered over her. Actually they all did, everyone here was taller than her.

Eric scurries in, his face beet red, knowing how late he is, and takes a window seat by himself in the corner, staring outside to avoid looking at anybody's face in the room.

"Original." Rowan snorted when Everett moved over to the group. She blushed lightly and crossed one of her long legs over the other. She rather enjoyed watching the two get snippy with each other, it was entertaining.

"It's Rowan..." She sighed and rested her arm on the table, her head in her hand. She got a bit distracted by the new arrival and rose a brow. He was small but anyone was pretty much considered small when standing next to her... besides Everett. "I'm in here because I was caught with a cigarette on school property." She explained and bit her bottom lip.

"Alright everyone is here-WHAT DO YOU KIDS THINK YOU'RE DOING?! THIS IS DETENTION NOT SOCIAL HOUR! SEPARATE NOW!" Mr. Godfree was beet red in the face as he yelled. He was an older man with a thick mustache and a receding hair line. He wore a cheap polyester suit, grey with black pinstripes and a horrid orange tie. What even was the design on that thing.
"That's debatable." Mosaic mumbled quietly. She didn't exactly plan on being caught but she had no such luck.
"Excuse me little girl?" Mr. God free looked ready to explode. "Would you like to be here next Saturday?!"
"I'll have to check my schedule. I'll get back to you on that." Mosaic offered up as she kept her eyes glued to her handy work. Her lack of eye contact sent the man over the edge. He snatched the flower crown from Mosaic's small hands finally grabbing her attention.
Mosaic's surprise melted into a glare that could shake any man. Mr. Godfree faltered and tossed the now bent headband back at her. "Why bother, you'll just grow to nothing just like your father." Mosaic was quiet for once as the bitter teacher stalked to the front of the class. "I better not hear a peep from you hooligans so help me!" With that the teacher stalked off.

"I'm not saying it does," He said with a shrug, putting his elbow on the table and his chin in his hand. "I'm just saying that, when people think of art, they think of Da Vinci's 'The Mona Lisa', or van Gogh's 'Starry Night', not some girl's decorated locker. But all great artists start small, like you, so you never really know. Your decorated locker may look pathetic now, but in hundreds of years from now may sell for millions of dollars." Once more he shrugged, looking as Mosaic with lazy-lidded eyes. His gaze fluttered to Sam, the only other guy in their little group, but he was in his own little world now. Everett didn't bother trying to talk with the guy, he already felt like he was a bother to him anyways. Instead he turned his gaze back to Rowan. "Smoking, eh? You know it's bad for you? It can kill you? It can kill others? And it can turn your hair purple?" He wondered if she would catch his joke.

Right after he spoke Mr. Godfree tromped in like the goat he was. Everett paid the old man no attention, though he had to admit it was rude of him to do what he did to Mosaic. After the old goat left he turned his eyes to the short girl. "You okay?"

Reactions: k-michelle412
Rowan sighed. Everyone always assumed she had been the one smoking. She smirked slightly. "I was actually holding the pack for a friend, I don't smoke." She told him softly. She didn't care what the teacher had said, she didn't feel like moving.

"I've heard worse." Mosaic shrugged as she fixed the shape of Rowan's crown. She had to stand to set it on the girls head to make sure it still fit.
"He had my father in class. He never went and when he did my dad was kind of an ass clown. Not many teachers like me but oh well." Mosaic didn't sound bothered by the exchange. She never liked talking about her father though so she was a bit uncomfortable. Everett asking did make her feel better though. "Thanks though." Mosaic offered him her first real smile that seemed to light up her face before sitting down and finishing up her first crown. "Ta da!" Mosaic held it up to Rowan with a small smile. Making stuff was her niche. Sometimes Mosaic even got paid substantially for these.

Sam sighed softly after Godfree's exit, his humming coming to a halt. Still fiddling with his cards, he looked over to the new kid who had walked in. He barely saw him around, so it wasn't in his mind to greet him.

He was quiet now, not only because that asshole of a teacher came by, but because Everett was near. His paranoia was at its greatest right now.

Everett looked at Rowan with a raised brow, a wolfish grin on his face. "Taking the fall for a comrade. That is awfully admirable, purple hair. Mind telling the class why you took the blame? They weren't your cigarettes, so why didn't you set things straight with the teachers?" He gave her a questioning look before turning his attention back to Mosaic. "Teachers automatically assume kids are like their parents. I mean, a lot of the teachers think I'm the star player of the basketball team and always late, but I'm nothing like that." A chuckle left his lips, humor twinkling in his brown eyes.

Rowan smiled as the crown was placed on her head. She liked it a lot. "Thank you!" She told Mosaic and looked over at Everett. "I was caught with them and didn't want to rat my friend out... so what?" She questioned and rolled her eyes. His humor was strange... Almost too sarcastic with her. ROwan had grown up around extreme sarcasm her entire life and sometimes it got old.

"I've tried to change their minds. I get straight A's but it doesn't help." Mosaic started on her crown for Sam next.
"But you are always late, well to class anyways..." Mosaic tilted her head confused. She wasn't being sarcastic or rude she was just confused now. "And if that's not who you are why go along with it and show your real self?" Mosaic never understood why people let others assume things.
"Oh, here, since crowns are too girly for you Mr. Manly man. You can have this." It was a bracelet like Sam's but had different shades of blue with black and white beads. Mosaic had a teasing smile as she handed it to him. She silently hoped they would be on speaking terms outside of detention, all of them, even if it was highly unlikely.

Rowan's reply only piqued Everett's interest even more. "So who was the so called friend you took the beef for? A guy you like? Is he your childhood friend that you recently started to have feelings for? Or is he a college bad boy who wears leather and rides a motorcycle?" A brow rose at his teasing words, a light chuckle leaving his lips. His chuckle was cut off when Mosaic replied to him. Did the girl not get his humor? This only made him laugh harder, not bothering to be quiet so Mr. Godfree wouldn't hear them. "I'm joking, kid. I'm exactly like my old man, but better looking. And I never said the crowns were too girly for me." He said with a wink, holding out his wrist so she could tie on the bracelet.

(Sorry, but I'm gonna go to bed. Will reply tomorrow though!)

"I'm mini not young." Mosaic puffed out her cheeks not helping her statement what so ever as she looked like an overgrown five year old. She tied the bracelet around Everett's wrist with a triumphant smile and sat back. Mosaic tapped on Sam's shoulder. "Why so quiet now?"

Rowan looked at Everett. How cute, he was trying to understand her. She shrugged. "It wasn't a boy." She replied and glanced over at Sam with a friendly smile. "Yeah you got all quiet, what the hell happened?" She teased lightly.

"Ah, no reason, just... Thinking." He said calmly. Then he blinked."I guess detention does that to 'ya." He looked up to the others, still shuffling his cards. "It's a little boring here... I kinda wanna bail."

"If you can figure out a way past Godfree I'll go." Mosaic said compeletly serious. This place was boring even if she was having a good time with everyone. She looked down to the cards in Sam's hand. "Wanna play blackjack?" It was a question for everyone, even the boy who came in and was silent this whole time."

Now relaxed; Eric begins to look around the classroom to see if he could recognize anyone. After finding out he knows no-one there, he puts his head down and let's out a heavy sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.